Interstate.com.au

Interstate.com.au

Late delivery, terrible service. Don't use them. Didn't complete delivery. Had to pay another compan

Changed me an extra $500 for additional charges than what was quoted first, I said ok and I paid it immediately.
They delivered 2 days late, even though there was no reason for them to be late as I paid promptly.
This meant I had to sleep on the floor for 2 nights.
I communicated very well that there are stairs at my new place, but they still only sent 2 guys to delivery my furniture, even though there were 3 guys who picked the furniture up at my old address. The 2 guys couldn't carry my fridge up the stairs and scratched the fridge door handle. They then said sorry, we can't take the fridge up, call the company and talk to them about it. So I was sitting outside with a fridge downstairs and didn't know what to do. I couldn't just leave it outside. Even after paying $4500 for transport from Perth to Brisbane, they couldn't even complete the delivery.
I had to pay another local company $400 to come and take my fridge upstairs.
When I called Interstate, they said they'll get back to me. I called again in a week and the same story, they'll get back to me. I decided it is not worth the effort to pursue any kind of refund, as I don't get anywhere with this.

www.interstate.com.au is the worst transport company I have used.

I used these guys 2 times.
First time they promised to get the goods delivered within 2 weeks, but after paying for it, they dictate when they would deliver. Don't want to hear from me. Just delivered 2 weeks after promised. When ever they want, if we miss the delivery, they would charge storage.

Second time promised and advised me they would deliver on 2 dates asking for me to be at home, both occasions they stood me up, when i call them they said they never said it would be delivered, and verbally abused me and ask me never to call them. They will deliver when they want.
Do not use these guys, it will the worst experience you will have in life.

Disgraceful

I arranged a job with an employee called [name removed], then i get a text saying the van is going for repair.. I call and the most vile man answered and I tried to explain to him the agreement with [name removed] and he cut me off saying either the van will come today for delivery or not at all until the 1st of March. I am at work and I have been trying my best to find a suitable day for the company to collect my things. I tried to explain this to him and he cut me off again and when i asked him to let me explain he called me rude!! He was so vile and rude and hostile in his manner I felt intimidated and i had to hang up. I'm glad i had not paid upfront as asked!!!! Do not use this company they do not want to help and deliver a good service. I am totally appalled.

Friendly and fast!

Wayne and his crew came promptly and even helped when I left a piece of furniture behind! They were cheerful and even though it was hot, made you feel like your delivery was of upmost importance and your goods in careful hands. Couldn't have asked for better during a stressful period.

Still waiting

I had a job booked for yesterday morning to pick up a dining table and 6 chairs I bought on Gumtree from a guy in Sydney to send to me in Brisbane. I paid the money and all was set for pick up yesterday morning. Well it is now 11am on Sunday and they never arrived and have been contactable. I have sent more than 50 text messages and emails and called over 100 times to the 1800 number and the mobile. Have they disappeared with my money? The guy moved out of his apartment yesterday and is handing the keys back on Monday morning and he is now stuck with getting the table and chairs out and giving them away. So I have lost over $1000 because of this disgusting company and messed the guy in Sydney around. NEVER have I experienced such a shoddy company please read these reviews before handing them any money. I sure wish I did!!!

relocation

This company is hard to deal with
the operations manager ignores you
when the truck arrived all heavy stuff was stacked on light items which caused them to break and smash
indoor heater is missing or stolen
desk, outdoor setting table, hall table unusable.
you can have items for 10 years and they want ya receipts to cover them selves....honestly who keeps ya receipts that long......the removalist was a older man with 4 ,20 something years olds I asked why so many ppl hear he said I'm lazy and cant be bothered. the way my furniture was stacked is Ludacris.
I don't recommend this company to anyone unless you want your stuff smashed and trashed and stolen.
keep in mind if you do come across only good reviews of this company they put the reviews up them selves to make them look good!!!!
good luck if you utilise this company as ill be seeing them in court!

Beware of this company

Quote tripled after collection, wrong information given regarding delivery and insurance. Charged $390 extra because of wrong information and after all of this 2 weeks before delivery we confirmed 4 times delivery date would be the 30th of March. Delivery never turned up after confirmation of 4 phone calls on the 30th then at 5pm told it was never on the truck. Turned up 2 days later boxes crushed holes in leather bed head and box of DVDs had been gone through. Dvds missing. and manager decided not to talk to us. Regarding any problem. Worst company I have ever ever felt with!

I had to take them to fair trading

This company is so bad i had to take them to fair trading to get my belongings back. Because I had the gaul apparently to expect them to deliver my furniture to my address, i was repeated verbally abused. the worst removalist company you will ever deal with. my advise.. don't.

Disgraceful service

Our family booked this removalist 3 months in advance. We paid IN FULL weeks before the pick up was due only to be told at 5pm on the day of pick up that the "truck was full" and the next available truck will be in two days. Only problem was that we were moving interstate and new tenants were moving in in one day. Not good enough. I contacted the company 3 times on the day the removal was supposed to happen and they assured me that our furniture would be picked up between 3 and 5pm. 5pm passed and I recieved NO phone call about any problems. I had to ring to hear the bad news. My whole family waited all day just to hear that the truck was full? My advice: STAY WELL CLEAR OF INTERSTATE.COM.AU unless you want your belongings picked up whenever they have ab empty truck. Really not worth it... should gave stuck with Wridgeways who helped me out of this mess with out a problem.

ABSOLUTELY APPALLING

please do not make the same mistake I did and use this removalist "service" for your belongings.
terrible customer service, abuse from manager over phone and being blamed to be at fault for not knowing where my stuff was................................
I was told that I have cost the company money due to "calling excessively" about the whereabouts of MY belongings - this is after being promised delivery on numerous occasions, only to not have the truck show up and NO PHONE CALL!
I am reporting this awful company to Consumer Affairs and I advise others who have had the same terrible experience to do so aswell. New customers, beware, and book with another company. yes, this company is cheap but they are cheap for a reason - they are entirely unable to do their job properly.

I don't even think they deseve the "1 star" rating - I would give interstate.com.au (ITT Services) ZERO STARS if I could
NOTHING AT ALL
everything!!!! terrible customer service, abuse from "manager", never returned calls ! ! ! !

ABSOLUTELY APPALLING

NOTHING AT ALL
terrible customer service, abuse from "manager", never returned calls

Terrible!!!! Don't book with them!!!

After they screwed up with pick up dates, I had to cancel the job and they became rude and charged me for an admin fee that my cancellation form did not mention.. They claimed I stuffed up their business and wasted their time.. Won't book with them ever again and don't recommend.

Terrible warranty service and cancellation policies.

Worst customer service ever.

Our stuff got picked up from Brisbane to go to Perth, we were told 10-15 days, not working days. The middle legs of our queen bed were missing so our bed was unable to be used so we were stuck on the floor and also the shelves to my baby's book shelf were missing. I emailed and phone called this company many times and always got the same answer, we're still looking can't tell you anything else. Apart from the calls I was making no one had contacted me for 3 weeks so I rang again and got told the shelves had been found not the legs. There was never any urgency, care or consideration for finding our stuff and our needs as customers. I was just told our bed legs are not a big problem like I am making out and they are easy to replace, no they are not and we have to prop our bed up with bricks and they have stopped searching for our stuff. We were given a quote by these guys for almost $500 to get our stuff to Perth so went with it as it was much cheaper than the other quote of $700 from another place, I wish we had have gone with the more expensive one then our $600 bed wouldn't be propped up on blocks! Terrible company, my advice it to take the more expensive one at least you get to receive your stuff in its entirety and not get told you belongings missing isn't a big deal! Interstate.com.au....what a mistake!
inexpensive

Interstate

I would not recommend them, I only used them as they were cheap- big mistake.
They are a back loading company (which I was never informed of /aware of.) they didn't even show on the day they were meant to collect my furniture... Came the next day with no excuse/apology.
When it arrived in perth they claimed 'we don't do stairs' when they knew they had to take it upstairs (I wasn't there otherwise they would have copped a mouthful)
My furniture was damaged and I had something go missing..
Can't even track where it is during the move.
Staff on phone seemed nice until my furniture got collected then it went downhill, calls not returned, just generally being rude to me.

Damaged goods. Bad service. Don't do it

Very poor Customer Service experience

Waited 3 weeks for delivery from melbourne and was told different stories each time we rang up. One person said we could pay the driver, another no delivery until payment received in advance. Driver confirmed he does get paid on many occasions.

Driver would only text us about the delivery and not respond to our replies to try and arrange alternative times as we both work. When i lodged a complaint i was blamed for it all being my fault and told i was lucky they did not charge storage and redelivery fees.

Product was delivered in good condition however to be fair.

I would not use them again.
Artic;e delivered in good condition
Customer service approach and communitcation is very poor

Worse Removal Company.. Did'nt Turn Up.. Can't believe they are still in business

I had booked an interstate move from QLD to VIC with these guys, they confirmed a date and asked me to be available at the home from 7 am onwards and wait for a call from the driver. As I didn't hear from their driver till 2 pm, I anxiously called to confirm if someone was still coming and they assured me that the driver was on the way..

As no one turned up till 5.00 pm.. I called them again and that's when they advise me that the truck that was supposed to come was full and they wont be able to send anyone to pick furniture until the next week. Instead of apologizing, they blamed me for not keeping any backups. (Really....)

Their staff are least bothered on what goes on after booking and have got no understanding on the actual removal process. I just found out later that the director of the company had several complaints filed against this and his various other companies. You can find the reports here:
[url removed]
Also, you will find a lot more complaints about their business on other forums, examples:
[url removed]

I had to frantically find another company at a very short notice as my lease was expiring the next day. Would just warn others to stay away from them so as to avoid similar treatment..

There are several other good companies. I found a great one at the end.
Looked good at the start
Unreliable, Unprofessional, Hostile