CBD Movers

Excellent service!

The customer service team were really friendly and very professional. My move was booked and the movers who did the job, were courteous and respectful and were really efficient! I highly recommend them :)

DO NOT USE THEM

I was due to be moved today and after they were late I called to just get a status update and they advised that “the guys are running a 2.5 hours late”. So I waited 3 hours and called for an update “your truck is broken down, we will try and get another one but may not happen “. If I had of been informed earlier I would have arranged something else, it’s now 2pm on a Saturday and I am absolutely screwed and can’t find anyone else. Your staff didn’t even care about the situation I am in and simply said that these things happen and they don’t have a crystal ball to predict the future. I understand things happen, but it’s how you deal with it to help your customers so you’re not left in an awful predicament!!! Worst service. They couldn’t care less. I am stuck and have absolutely no way out of this and your staff simply said “it’s in our terms and conditions that if it gets cancelled we are not liable”....pathetic.

Rude , Unprofessional, Hidden costs

The WORST movers
*Very unprofessional
*Bad attitude
*Very rude
*Arrived late
*They did not help remove items from the building
*They stood by the van and only packed when items where at the door of the van, *They complained that the items were too many
*They tried to charge me $80 extra before the trip was completed when I refused. *They drove off and left my items outside on the roadside.
*Customer care man was eating while talking and very rude, refused to resolve to the problem.

The worst experience I have ever had. Save your money...

Do not use them!

We filled in a quote form online and we also spoke to some of your employees on the phone on multiple occasions. From here it was discussed that there were stairs at both properties, but at the drop off point, stairs could be avoided if needed. It was at the discretion of the person on the phone that the stair fee would be removed and that the cost for 2 removal personnel and a truck would be $85 per hour and a $30 fuel fee. You chose to provide this quote without seeing the pick up or drop off point. We agreed to the price and we set a date and time.

When the truck arrived with your two employees, they were not happy with the driveway. Something that we were never asked about and did not believe to be an issue because we would paying an hourly rate and if it took longer, you would be paid sufficiently for that time.

You then decided to tell us that we would be charged extra fees. You said it would cost an extra $40 for the use of a trolley. A charge that I think is manipulative and unfair. You always knew that we had stairs and the trolley was always going to be used. To decide to charge an extra $40 for a piece of equipment that you were already going to be using is not fair. To then be told that we would be charged a stair fee, which was something that was already discussed and your employee on the phone chose to remove, was also unfair.

Then to be told that there would be a $160 walking fee! This was unbelievable. We were paying an hourly rate. If it took longer to move items because of walking further, the hourly rate would have accommodated that.

To be told at 0730 on moving day that you wanted to charge an extra $230 on top of an hourly rate that was already agreed upon is unprofessional and manipulative. You knew you had us in a position where we had to move items and you knew that we would have to agree to pay more because we were in that situation. Seems to be that you’ll offer a great price on a quote and sound friendly and professional on the phone, but when you arrive on the day you add on charges that people in a difficult timing situation have to agree to.

That was not the only issue for the day.

The couch wouldn’t fit through the front door without the feet being removed. So my partner and I started to remove the feet while your employees watched. Twice we asked them to move something else and on each occasion they said no. They wasted time standing and watching the feet be removed. We weren’t paying them to stand there. You should be teaching them to be proactive, not lazy.

They last thing left in the truck at the drop off point was the fridge. They made us pay before the fridge came out of the truck. They put it into the middle of the kitchen and we’re gone quicker than you could blink. Only later when moving the fridge into the correct place and turning it on did we notice that they had damaged the door of the fridge which we believe is your duty to fix. A fridge that is only 2 years old and has only ever been in the one position in the kitchen it was picked up from.

We are completely appalled by your service and unprofessionalism. I was going to be moving interstate and you have 100% lost my business for that move.

I have attempted multiple times to send an email to cs@cbdmovers.com.au, the email that they texted me and requested I give my feedback. The emails bounce back because their inbox is full!

Unprofessional, unethical, a scam

Even if there was a below zero rating, i would not hesitate to give that to this company. Words cannot describe everything we went through with these guys. To start off, we made a deal for the biggest vehicle that could move items from two nearby places for 06 Sept 2019, arrival at 12pm. They made a point that they offer the best deal as they only charge flat $40 for unloading (meaning, they don't charge as per time taken to unload). We packed all our staff in boxes and made them ready outside for pick up (almost spoon-feeding). Guest what happened, They came at 5:15pm and all the time after 12pm we phoned to check, we received rather unprofessional responses. To make matters worse, our jaws were dropped when we saw a mini-van and two skinny guys ( and i sadly stress this as we have to be honest that removals need strong guys). So i had to call on two of my friends to help with carrying the loads. I do not even want to go into how incompetent these guys were when doing the work. So inevitably we resorted to doing two rounds due to the size of the van. During this time, my partner was having hard time with the call centre for over two hours trying to make a point that we wont be responsible for any overpayment, to no avail. In fact they were rude to her. we finished late night and in between these guys said they had to fill up petrol and spent half an hour doing so. When i asked why they had to go far for petrol while there were many nearby, they said they have some membership with specific petrol stations! After we finished, they said we need to pay almost double of what we expected which led to heated argument with them and the call centre. In all these, the conversations that the two guys had between them and with the person at the call centre was all in Indian language. Although we refused to pay, in the end we felt bad for the two guys as what we saw was that they were being abused by this company. They literally almost cried that they wont get paid, are hungry and could lose their jobs. I bet there is something unethical happening with this company. So my advice? Do not ever use this company.

Dear Fitsum, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to submit a trouble ticket with your booking details by following the link below so that we can investigate the matter. The link is: cbdmover.com.au/complaint-box Kind regards, CBD Movers

Do Not Use! Extreme Damages

They completely damaged my house (holes in walls, scratches on stair hand rail, scratches to walls and front door, holes in ceiling) when moving a couch we got in the house fine with no damage. They refuse to fix their damage, and have been a nightmare to deal with. We have been hung up on, not responded to, given attitude, and shockingly they have tried to blame us for the damage when they were the ones moving the furniture!!!! They are not professional, they don’t know how to do their job at all. Disgusting company!!!
Further investigation shows there are hundreds of complaints that are exactly the same!!!! Do yourselves a favour and stay far, far, away!!!! Worst company ever

Also, lots of fake “good” reviews everytime I put up my REAL review to make themselves look better. DONT FALL FOR IT! I plan on taking this much much further, please email me at natashabrolic@gmail.com if you’d like to join me in taking further action. I’ve had a call from a nine news reporter recently and she’s working on this story. This company is honestly the worst company and I am gobsmacked they are doing this to so many people and getting away with it!!!! Time to stop themDear Natasha, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. One of our customer service officers has already replied to your concern, however, we can certainly look into the matter again. Please follow up on your previous email to discuss the matter further. Kind regards, CBD Movers

Worst company ever used, customer service 0

I wouldn't waste your time and money on this company, worst company i have ever used. Never on time, bad communication or no communication at all. Just want to make the sale and then lie to you and not listen to your requests. I would use Man with a van or melbourne cheaper removals, great service when used them last time and came even earlier than booked in time.

Dear Ben, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to submit a trouble ticket with your booking details by following the link below so that we can investigate the matter. The link is: cbdmover.com.au/complaint-box Kind regards, CBD Movers

Damaged property, lying, unprofessional all around

I received services from CBD Movers on 05/08/2019 to relocate items from one bedroom in Ashford to Salisbury Heights.

We'll start with the truck size. I was moving one room's worth of items that had previously been broken down into sheets of wood, save for some drawers. I was told I would need a 4.5 ton truck to do this. Once I saw the truck, I can say that that requirement is absolutely absurd. I even offered to send a photo of the items that would be moved to help get an idea of what size vehicle would be required, but was told that wouldn't be necessary and the 4.5 tonne truck was what was needed for this job.

Secondly, arrival time. I understand that things can be delayed from the original start time but typically expect service to be within the time slot reserved. I reserved time from 12-3pm for this move. Their movers didn't arrive until 3:56pm, roughly 4 hours after the expected start time. This is unacceptable and unprofessional. What's more, I received a call at 3:10pm telling me they were 14 minutes away. Somehow they turned a 14 minute trip into a 46 minute trip. It just doesn't make sense.

Moving on, once they arrived, things seemed fine enough, but they wound up putting a hole in the wall. Obviously this is an issue as the apartment is rented and does not belong to us. After going back and fourth with them in emails, they then told me there movers never even entered the apartment?? I can assure you that my roommate and his two witnesses at the property didn't move an entire room's worth of stuff down 4 stories to a main road to be left outside for 4 hours for them to arrive.

Once they arrived at the new location where I was waiting, there was a tall man in red joggers and a sweater standing out in our driveway. Nothing to indicate who he was before telling me the van was on its way. They unloaded the items fine enough.

Now it took me a day or two to set all of my stuff up and go through everything, only to find that my furniture has been damaged in multiple places. They had stepped on pieces, paint had been ripped off, gashes in the wood, and pieces had been scuffed everywhere. Also, some small parts for the bed frame are missing.

To summarize, their company gave me an excessively large vehicle just to charge me more, was obscenely late, damaged and walked on my furniture, damaged my apartment wall, and overall lacked any sort of professionalism and the fact that they get to 'decide' what was their fault and what wasn't is hilarious, because naturally they're saying they didn't do any of this.

I should have known from when I told the person who quoted me "I'll think on it and give you a call back" not to go with them from the aggressive "What is preventing you from doing it now" questions he asked.

Attached are photos of the damage and absurd excess amount of space. Cost me about $200 for them to basically damage my property and waste my time.

Very cunning.... don't get cought!

Booked this company to move a bed from Frankston to Caroline Springs. I kept receiveing multiple emails and messages with quotes and offers to use the company for cleaning services, which would come religiously twice a day since the moment of booking.
On the day of actual moving I started receiving multiple phone calls from different people informing me that they would be late and....as a result they were late. The final bill came up as a surprise....actually I kept checking how good is situation on the road and how long it would take them to get from Frankston to me.... Google is very particular and it showed that roads are empty and actual trip would come not longer that1h and 9 mins.... surprise!!!! Final time was declared as 2 hours, they agreed that they spent 1 h 45 mins(eating maccas on the was to Caroline Springs??) But company policy is to round up 1h45 actual time up to 2 hours. Mind you actual trip was 1h 9 mins, but you pay for 2 hours, great profit, And on the top credit card surcharge. Mind you.... they charge $80 per hour and they pay their actual movers $20 per hour....
I talked to their office but they did not do anything, they were just money hungry.
I would never advise anybody to use this guys, unless you want to exercise your temper and stretch your wallet. DO JOT USE CBD MOVERS!!!!!

Dear Katherine, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to clarify that a loaded truck always takes more time than what shows in the map, however, we still request you to submit a trouble ticket with your booking details by following the link below so that we can investigate the matter. The link is: cbdmover.com.au/complaint-box Kind regards, CBD MoversDear representative of CBD MOVERS. I don't see a point in ticking all boxes in your complaint form. I called you the same day and I spoke to your representative. You can ask him to fill all your useless forms. The best way to deal with complaint is not to tick boxes and filling missing fields, the best way is to deal with complaint when unsatisfied customer calls you. Half of the time you still don't get it as all your staff can hardly speak English. May be you have to start with adopting Australian values: meet customer needs, do not cheat and do not lie. I hope my review will make difference, as lots of people read reviews of the company before they ask for services. And statistic is: you upset one customer, you will lose seven more.... it is the way service industry operates.

The Go Slow Movers

Nice enough Indian blokes however apparently it takes two together to move a chair each. Slow but great at dragging their feet, took a two hour job and turned it into four hours. They did this because they are on an hourly rate of course! More fool me. the original quote was for $200 I ended up paying $410 and I got so sick of the time wasting rubbish I did half the job myself! In fact I am still moving my stuff because they were so bad. Stay clear of these rip off artists!

Dear Bradley, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to submit a trouble ticket with your booking details by following the link below so that we can investigate the matter. The link is: cbdmover.com.au/complaint-box Kind regards, CBD Movers

Late and no care taken

you get what you pay for....
Booking was for between 10am and 12pm. They contacted to change time to between 9 and 11. We called them at 12 to see where they were... the guys were about to go on their lunch break....
Only a couple of items to move (which is why we thought cheapest would be ok). They were disorganised and had trouble deciding how to pack van. I would say hired muscle with very little experience.
They used a trolley to move a washing machine and damaged tiles on stairs (just one shown in photo). Contacted admin who advised of pages to fill out and they would consider repairs. House was being exchanged in 2 days... they really just didn’t care at all. No reduction in fee, no assistance in having house ready for exchange. Strongly advise not use these guys

Dear Customer, We request you to please share your booking number or the name of the person under whom the booking was made or the email address/phone number used to make the booking. You can also submit a trouble ticket with your booking details by following the link below so that we can investigate the matter. The link is: cbdmover.com.au/complaint-box Kind regards, CBD MoversWhat would be the purpose for this? You have our details and request for assistance. We called, we emailed, we showed you the photos of the damage done. The guys that did the damage even came back for another load for different people and saw the damage and were not at all sorry or cared what they had done. You were not interested in arranging to have the tiles fixed prior our house being exchanged to new owners. We asked at least to have the fee waived. Nothing from you. So please, explain the purpose for which you would like the information again now...so your review looks better?

Very unprofessional

They are very unprofessional. I booked well in advance but they changed the time multiple times. I wasted my whole day for the removalist. No communication was done with me. Terrible service

Unpleasant overall experience

I asked a quotation from “Melbourne Cheap Removalist”. The offer was $85 per hour plus a one time payment for fuel of $25. The company’s representative also said that the time will start when the movers load the first item in the truck and end when they unload the last item from the truck. The representative also said that the movers will arrive on my apartment between 12:00-3PM.

On the day of the move, the movers arrived at 12:08pm. My flat mate directed them to a commercial parking space as we already asked permission for the movers to park there. The movers started arguing about the parking spot that they might get a ticket for it. My flat mate and her father kept assuring them they will not get a ticket because the shops were notified. After 10 mins the movers accepted and started loading my belongings at 12:25pm.

Because time was wasted on unnecessary argument, my flatmate, her father and I started to load my things faster as the movers are too slow. We managed to load everything at 12:50pm because I don’t have any white goods. I asked the movers to go ahead of me and instructed them to call the building manager for parking.

The drive from my old apartment to the new apartment was only 10 mins. When I arrived to my new apartment, I saw the movers and the building manager arguing regarding parking again. Even though it was clearly stated on the street sign that they are within the acceptable parking area.

By this time they have been idling on the same parking spot for more than 20 mins, its the same parking space that they kept telling us they will get ticketed for.

Because CBD movers refused to unload my furniture, I ended up asking The Man with a Van, the other movers on the premises who are loading another apartment’s furniture into their truck to switch parking with my movers so that could start unloading my belongings.

I kept calling the head office to complain about the way CBD Movers conducted business but the office kept stalling by telling they will call me back and address my concerns. However, when I manage to get a hold of one of their representatives she kept talking over me and insisting that I need to pay full 3 hours even my move would have only taken about 2 hours without their unnecessary arguing. In addition to that they also didn’t honour the initial quotation over the phone that they will only start the clock when they started loading my things. The first item was loaded to the truck by 12:25pm and the last item would have been unloaded by 2:30pm.

When I was disputing the moving fee over the phone, the movers refused to unload my mattress and bed frame. When I asked for the manager, the representative said “I will call you back to get the manager”. While I’m waiting for the manager to call me back the movers started closing the truck and getting ready to leave the premises with my remaining belongings. They informed me that they are just waiting for the head office to give them the go signal to leave. By this time the manager hasn’t phoned me back. I did not had any other choice but to pay the additional hour I’m disputing because they would have left with my bed still inside the truck.

They have terrible customer service, slow and careless movers.

Dear Diane, We request you to please share your booking number or the name of the person under whom the booking was made or the email address/phone number used to make the booking. You can also submit a trouble ticket with your booking details by following the link below so that we can investigate the matter. The link is: cbdmover.com.au/complaint-box Kind regards, CBD MoversThe booking number is:6602058, sales representative that gave me the quote is James.

Very dishonest.

Sent me smaller truck than I paid for so I had to do additional trip and charges were higher than the quote for stairs.
Can’t get a refund as no one returns calls or emails.

Dear Daniel, We request you to please share your booking number or the name of the person under whom the booking was made or the email address/phone number used to make the booking. You can also submit a trouble ticket with your booking details by following the link below so that we can investigate the matter. The link is: cbdmover.com.au/complaint-box Kind regards, CBD Movers

No care for your belongings

They arrived 40 minutes late, even though i was the first move of the day. Had no care or regard. Scratches on most of my furniture. Put items upside down. A queen mattress, that I had wrapped in a plastic protector, was ripped all the way through, exposing the mattress springs. Took just under an hour and a half to get the move done, charged me 2 hours, and then sat outside my property until 2 hours had lapsed.

liars, cheaters and rip off merchants - they should be in prison

rip off - quoted for 1 hour - was there exactly one hour - was charged 2.5 hours - when i queried it they said that the guys on site said they were there for 2 hours - i said please check the GPS trackers in the van as it was definetly 1 hour we have CCTV footage to prove it.. they didn't bother responding and kept my money - i've emailed and called multiple time because of the principal but they are liars, cheaters and would happily steal your money! they also charged me for stairs and they collected from my garage and went to another garage... do yourselves a favour and read these reviews - my guess is all the 1 star revuews are true and the 5 star are fake...go elsewhere for goodness sake!

Dear Customer, We request you to please share your booking number or the name of the person under whom the booking was made or the email address/phone number used to make the booking. You can also submit a trouble ticket with your booking details by following the link below so that we can investigate the matter. The link is: cbdmover.com.au/complaint-box Kind regards, CBD Moversbooking ID number 6599665

Absolute stars! Polite, hardworking, helpful by Jacqui Humans in Geelong

CBD moved 300 boxes of 3000 Humans in Geelong Books from Snap printing in Geelong, to a team member's garage and then more to The Hangar on the Torquay Rd.

Dear Customer, Thank you for leaving a positive words & rating. We hope you will use our services again whenever needed. Kind Regards, CBD Movers

Perfect in their work

It was great to move my stuff with help of CBD Movers. Yes its a big Thumps UP from my side for providing great removalist service to me Thanks CBD MOVERS Once again.

Dear Bikram, Thank you for leaving a positive words & rating. We hope you will use our services again whenever needed. Kind Regards, CBD Movers

Very Happy

After Dad's death we needed to move his furniture and belongings quickly from the nursing home. It was easy to book; the guys told us they were on the way, and when they would arrive. They worked quietly, and efficiently; and were very pleasant. They took care at all times so we felt confident with them. They did a great job. Thank you. Margaret

Excellent Service

Two moves from different locations to one common address. The CBD moving men from Sunnybank Depot were incredible.They had the truck packed so efficiently and effortlessly even from a 2nd story unit. Nothing was damaged in the slightest. Impressive service, thank you.