2CBD Movers

family supportPerth, WA
JVM
JVMPerth9 posts

Terrible Removers - ransom for double the money than quoted

I would never deal with CBD Movers again. Quoted $120 to move one single bookshelf a 17 min journey. Upon arrival, demanded $240 to unload. Stood in their van with the bookshelf until cash was paid, no receipt. Rang company, initially confirmed the quote, passed to other operators overseas and new told 2 hour minimum charge. The job took 30 mins. Emailed my complaint and requested a receipt.. they "do not supply receipts"
Sharon H.
Sharon H.2 posts

DO NOT USE

DO NOT USE, quote provided using estimate of travel time using tolls when drivers collected 1 dining table, they took a photo of travel time using no tolls. Caught them out when they were telling me a lot of traffic on M4. Consequently, job cost $120 more than estimate due to their misleading, deceptive tactics. Time slot quoted 10am - 2pm, no communication, arrived at pick up 2.30pm. Customer service line completely frustrating and language barrier not helpful. I should have read the warning signs better and checked reviews before booking.
Joshua T.
Joshua T.

A++++

Great service Great price great people A++++ will use again 2x loads only 10mins away Show reply
Asifah D.
Asifah D.

Great removalists for assisting furniture disassembly and reassembly

Gabrielle & Joaj were on time and very accommodating in our recent move within 2 Brisbane suburbs.
They disassembled the beds and wall unit and shifted boxes to our requirements.
We were very satisfied with their service.
The beds and wall unit were reassembled efficiently upon arrival at the new address.
We recommend CBD Movers for anyone looking for a reliable removalist service. Show reply
Prudence Mitchell
Prudence MitchellGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Garrys&Team fantastic !

Garry’s team was the best experience I have ever had with Removalist very polite always smiling attentive moved everything with professionalism and garry teams wher very quick for what they had to move making it affordable I will continue using cbd movers in the future due to Garry &team 110%
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Show reply
Mark
MarkPerth, WA10 posts
Sandy
SandySydney, NSW

Fast and reliable

Staff works with care and confidence. They are kind and polite. Show reply
Kim D.
Kim D.South-Eastern Region, NSW2 posts

Removal of furniture

The removalists called to let us know what time they would be there. They were on time and kept us informed o their progress. They were very careful with the furniture and were professional and polite. Highly recommend. Show reply
Maggie K
Maggie K

Smooth experience

The movers were very professional and we were very happy with their service! We were moving into a 2 story townhouse with quite a lot of furniture and boxes and the move was completed well and quicky given the volume. Show reply
Bruce
BruceWestern Australia

Excellent service

On time, efficient and affordable would highly recommend using CBD Show reply
Victoria M
Victoria MSydney, NSW

Easy moving experience

Helped me to move a 1 bedroom and home office into a new place. On time and completed super quickly with care and was very affordable Show reply
Samuel S.
Samuel S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Much Appreciated

Ricky and Ahmed were awesome and excellent with their services Show reply
Jane K
Jane K

CBD Movers

From the initial phone call, the Removalist pick up and the drop off, it was professional, proactive and prompt. Communication with Customer Service was great. 10 out of 10. Keep up this great service! A big Thank you! Show reply

Natasha T.
Natasha T.

CONSUMER AFFAIRS PUBLIC WARNING! https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/latest-news/cbd-movers-public-warning . Consumers Affairs Victoria received 89 complaints about the company’s Victorian operations between January 2022 and June 2023, with consumers reporting serious issues with:
inefficient and unreliable service
failure to accept liability for damage they caused to consumer property and belongings
failure to follow contract terms
failure to respond to consumer complaints
overcharging.

How many of these 5-star reviews have been verified when you have a public warning against your company? I do not believe for a second that any of these are real.

Ruth C.
Ruth C.

How to get in touch?

CBD Movers   DM

Hello Ruth, You may reach out to us at support@cbdmovers.com.au for any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would be happy to assist you in any matter.

Regards,

Jessica S.

I know first hand after I was stood over and threatened by 4 men after I refused to pay an extra $200 for some bogus add on. I said no and was threatened that they would not release my son’s medical/hospital bed from the truck. My neighbour saw this and threatened to call the police.. so the men backed off.
I then posted a negative review, after a two day move that they created, that was $900 over quote and 5 hours over quoted time.
I was promptly called in response to my review and representative insinuated that I imagined being threatened, that these things happen and that this was the first time there had been a complaint about stand over tactics and threats. A friend posted on Facebook that they had a similar experience and the movers made her friend feel threatened and powerless.
Absolute joke. The rep who called me had me crying and shaking. His main concern was the review, not that I had been harassed by 4 men, while I was with my mother.

KMH
KMH

Such a disgusting company. I'm so distressed by them ripping off a Non-Profit organisation while we were trying to assist a DV survivor move - disgraceful.

Jessica S.

So sorry to hear about this. Disgusting experience. The last thing a DV survivor needs!

CategoryFurniture Removalists
Services OfferedInternational Removals, Interstate Removals, Local Removals and Storage
LocationsACT, NSW, QLD, SA, VIC and WA