Ionmax Tower Ionic ION401

Ionmax Tower Ionic ION401

See the Best Air Purifiers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Brena

Brenavictoria australia

happy with this air purifier!

It reduces dust in our bedroom where it is placed. I am amazed how this product has gone beyond my expectations.My husband had sinus problem for years and can't sleep when it attacks so i put the ion401 on in our room,after a day he felt really good and could sleep well, so we're using it up to now.

Kim

KimMelbourne

NOT as great as you think...

LuminairAU

All going well so far and wouldn't be without it!

gerry161Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not Happy

Just died, it lasted a year and cost 170.00 and they want 100.00 to fix it...too expensive for a new circuit board. so 270.00 for it with no guarantee is out of the question. I am sure they could fix it for less than that. A big waste of money.
It worked a little bit but never trapped dust only a tiny amount of some black carbon like substance.
no where near as good as the fan type unit filters they definately 90% better, no moving parts it should have lasted 3 or 4 years

arya

aryaMelbourne

Very efficient

Works great, quiet and easy to clean. Works very well in my large living room, and from a stuffy feeling I had before in my house, it now feels fresh and clean thanks to the Tower Ionic air purifier. It's also quite lightweight and compact and easy to bring around. Have had no problems with it since I bought it!
Affordably priced, compact, portable, very easy to clean, quiet

larryaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quiet, energy efficient and does the job

We bought 2 of these, one for the office and one for the bedroom. They make no noise and the only indicator that they are on is the LED on top. We left ours for 7 days before removing the blades and only then could we see how much dust, fluff etc they had removed from the air. We notice a definite reduction in the amount of dust landing on the furniture so they must be doing the job. We're happy.
Quiet, energy efficient
The LED indicators on top are far too bright for bedroom use. You can read by the light it gives off. We have had to put tape over them.

gerry161

Unhappy it died after little use and will cost 100 dollars to fix not a good product

Nay

NayGippsland, VIC

Cost Effective

It is amazing to see what the Ionmax picks up from the air. The 3 blades are easy to clean so there is no need for replacing any filters and it removes odours effectively from the house. I use mine in the hallway near the bedrooms and the LED lights are pretty much like a night light due to the brightness of them. It came with a one-year warranty. I am very happy with this product.

ADDIT: I have had this tower for seven-years now and it is still doing a great job. The blades are starting to get a little surface rust but its done a great job.
Inexpensive, warranty, less dust on furniture and efficient odour remover.

Date PurchasedJun 2011

Jane48

Jane48asked

Hi there,
I have an ionmax tower, it has been brilliant. although, recently, i have attempted to clean the the machine because of the red light indicator, consistently coming on. I have Googled all possible remedies, and performed the correct cleaning techniques. All of the actions I have taken, and the red light indicator is still coming on.
Is there anywhere I can take my Ionmax so that it can be properly inspected?

Ionmax
Vivien A.Ionmax

Hi Jane,

Thank you for your message. For this issue, there are a few things you can try (see below).

Our repair center is in Melbourne. Shipping is free if your item is still under warranty. Otherwise, we charge just a $15 flat rate for return shipping Australia-wide.

If you'd like to send it back, please contact us on 1300 800 200 or email support@andatech.com.au.

======================================================

Possible Cause :
Too much dust has accumulated on the collection blades or ionising wire

Solution 1:
Turn off the unit, unplug and clean the collection blades and ionizing wire thoroughly. Clean the wires with rubbing alcohol.

Solution 2:
Clean the ionising wires:
Each strand of ionising wire is equipped with a dust removal mechanism and must be
cleaned once a week, or when the unit is producing excessive noise.

1. Lift the "cleaning rod"
2. Pull the "cleaning rod" up and push it down several times to remove the dust on the
Ionising Wires.
3. Return the "cleaning rod" to its original position by lightly pushing it into place.

Possible Cause #2:
Collection blades are jarred or removed suddenly

Solution 1:
Remove and re-insert collection blades and press "on" button to reset

Cecil T

Cecil Tasked

Makes a hissing sound

gerry161

Makes a hissing sound after I clean it ??
It may be a little late that I am answering your conundrum, but once you clean it, put the unit back together, tip it upside down until you hear a "click" and then turn it on. No hissing :) Try this let me know if OK.

Emasked

if I use two ion401 in a 140sqm unit would it still be effective? I have two of this purifier and thinking to put it in one big office room we have and use simultaneously or would I need to buy a larger unit?

Seems to me this unit is effective and energy efficient, no need to change filters but i just wonder if it can cover a big room and safe to use at the same time?

gerry161

These are expensive but cheap to run, however they do not filter air well (move air) like the say Philip model which a much better job as the filter 100 times more air through HEPA filters but the filters are not cheap, a set of filters cost almost as much as the unit. Harvey Norman have a good range, worth a look. I found the Ionmax never needed cleaning as even after 3 months the blades were not dirty. But my air filter with ionizer the filters showed heaps of dust on the filters. Unfortunately the false advertising by marketers makes us believe what is not true. Expect to pay 100 dollars or more if something goes wrong with it. Hope this helps.

Luminair

My only advice would be to look at what the manufacturers information says on there appliances, plus do some online research if you feel like it after that and then go with your gut. My feeling regarding my own situation is what ever the gadget claims to do or is or isn't as long as it keeps dust at floor level as much as possible I'm happy. So I have a smaller ioniser with hepa filter in my bedroom and a large tower ioniser in my lounge/living area which effectively should cover my whole unit that I live in. My bedroom unit is an Ionmax Ion330 Mini Hepa Air Purifier and Ioniser and my lounger room one is an Ionmax Ion401 Tower Air Purifier and Ioniser. My main health issue is dust allergy and air pollution so these two gadgets serve me well. I used to have the Ion 401 but I don't think they make these or their parts anymore, that's why I changed tot he 330, but bought extra filters with this gadget at the same time so I won't have to worry about that in the future.......and also to save extra deliver fees in the future. Finally, I'm not an expert and only know what I know from my recent experience with these appliances over the last few years. I really depends on what you are using them for in the end and if you have health issues, how serious your health issues are. I've rung the Ionmax people up in the past when I wasn't too sure so if your desperate you could always do that. Apart from that I'm pretty hopeless with square metre calculations.....sorry!

Em

Actually i am using this unit now and i can say ...it works well.. i find it effective to run this air purifier but i'm using one of this unit only in a smaller room than 140sqm.
I'm thinking if i would run it together might cause overheating or less effective?
One thing i like in this unit is i don't have to buy filters anymore so im thinking i might as well use this, than purchase a unit which i need to change filters, that's another expense on my part. Thanks for your thoughts gerry and luminair.. yeah ionmax is reliable it helped me with my asthma and sinus problems, less allergies now since i used this...might as well ring the manufacturer, that's a good idea.

Get an answer from our members and Ionmax representatives