Salin Plus Salt Therapy

Salin Plus Salt Therapy

See the Best Air Purifiers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Salin Plus

Pros

Immediate results
Low salt dosage suitable for salt therapy

Cons

Short filter life

• Pet OwnerYes (10) · No (8)
  • Smokers Yes (0) · No (17)
  • Odour Improvement
cassandra
cassandraSydney, NSW

WARNING! This was a wonderful product but can no longer buy replacement cartridges

This was a wonderful product but I fear the company may be unstable and I would advise against purchasing one now. They have not had replacement cartridges available for at least the last 6 months and no one from the company will return my calls or email. This is an expensive product of which I bought two and they are now useless without replacement cartridges. If it is indeed the case that they will not be making anymore cartridges then they should not be selling the machines. It will be reported to the ombudsman for investigation.

Purchased in for $200.

Nicole
Nicole

Waiting for a refund

I bought it to help relieve asthma, sinus and allergies. My asthma became increasingly worse during the time I used this device. After 2 weeks, I had several asthma attacks a night and was almost hospitalised. I stopped using it and my asthma improved immediately.
Be careful as it may make your breathing issues worse.
I'm waiting for a refund. I paid $99 and I was forced to pay for the return postage! Lion Healthcare care more for profit than customer health.

Purchased in for $99.

Michael R.
Michael R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money

This device is easy to use but it didn’t help my sinuses/allergies - I feel it made them worse. Waste of money. Do not buy. Go to a salt room instead.

Purchased in for $99.

Poppy C.
Poppy C.Litchfield, NT

Made me sick every time I used it

Got sick when I started using this. I took a break twice and when I went back to it sick again. Dry eyes nose bleeds all stuffed up and a cough

Purchased in at Aidacare Physical store for $150.

Find out how Salin Plus Salt Therapy compares to other Air Purifiers

Doesn't last when using it nightly.

I have been using the machine on a nightly basis, however after four months it slowed down on the output of air, although I clean the filter and machine regularly I don't seem to know why this suddenly happened. After contacting salin plus salt therapy through messenger I finally got a replacement although after a few months again and still within my years guarantee I have really loud noises coming from it. I have been told to return it myself for someone to look at. For the cost of the machine as well as paying £40 a filter every three months the machine doesn't seem to hold a nightly usage. So disappointed in customer service as well as the quality.

Purchased in at Care online pharmacy for $99.

The Reviewer
The ReviewerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Must buy!

This product is awesome. We purchased it as my hubby has asthma and snores! What a difference it has made. Now no snoring at night and asthma has improved dramatically. A worth while investment.

Purchased in for $200.

Tish
TishSouth East Queensland, QLD

I notice a difference when I don't use it

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Best Household Appliances Awards 2022!

Home is where the heart is. And with these reliable, Award-winning household appliances, home can be where the rest of the body and mind take comfort, too. Based on consumer reviews over the last year, we've picked the best household appliances to buy in 2022, from air purifiers to steam mops.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
best-household-appliances-awards-2022
Trish_D
Trish_DSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Product, Brilliant Customer Service.

Ron Coles
Ron ColesGeraldton, Western Australia

8 Months later

After 8 months of use we have changed the filter at Each 4 months and the difference after change is wonderful. It is very noticeable with snoring, coughing Gone and general sleep pattern greatly improved for both of us.
Would not be without our machine for sure.

Purchased in at Salin for $136.

Fleur
Fleurbrisbane

Great little machine

My husband suffers from Sleep apnea and chronic Rhinitis. I purchased a Mini salin plus for him several months ago and it has helped tremendously with getting a better quality of sleep. Now he can not live without it. We have recommended it to a close friend who suffers from the same issue. Thanks salin plus.

• Date Purchased
Mey
MeyPerth, WA

Good for sinus but bad customer service

It did do the job that is why i bought another one for my son. I received this product a week later after my purchase (12/11/2019)The second device has a problem as i cant feel the air coming out from the device compare to my 1st device i bought. They ask me to send back but ridiculously I have to paid my own postage if they cant find any faulty. If the device has no problem at all, we also dont want to go this trouble just to send it back. We are not asking for refund. We are asking for replacement a new one.

Excellent Customer Service

Unfortunately I am one of the few who did not notice any difference. One of the reasons I tried the Salin Plus was they offered the 60 day return. The company stand by their word. Hassle free return and Michelle who I emailed was pleasant and very helpful. I have given 5 stars for the customer service. So many people have success and if you are one of the few who don't you will find the return process easy.

• Incentivised Review No

Ang
AngGippsland, VIC

Perfect machine

Best thing to clear blocked nose. I sleep so much better and my husband says my snoring has gone as l now dont have a blocked nose. My husbands sinus is also so much better.

Purchased in for $159.

rose
roselogan city

This may change everything:

Though extremely light weight. I didnt change any settings. Its really quiet. It may have just helped a chronic cough. Within an hour of turning it on. I noticed I was coughing so much more less, for that time of the day. But i also noticed my sinus pressure dropped off.

Its only my second night. But oh my god. I do believe its helping. I can only say give it a go.

And thank you.

Purchased in at Lion Healthcare for $145.41.

Audrey Foo
Audrey FooPerth, WA

Sinus and Respiratory

Since using the salin plus device I have had less sinus and respiratory issues. No more daily suffering since using this amazing machine. My mother has Asthma and since using it her cough has lessen within couple of days. This machine is a worthy assets to have!

• Odour Improvement

Review collected in partnership with Salin Plus

Paully M.
Paully M.asked

Hi, do I need to cover up or remove any electronic close to the machine? My mini unit arrives today and my son has a laptop, phone and monitor on his desk close by. Should we take them out of the room when its on?

James h
James hasked

Shud u leave the window open or closed while yousing t machine?

Frank F.
Frank F.asked

have noticed since i replaced the filter after 4 months of old filter, the taste of salt seems to have gone
and it does not seem to have the same effect as original filter. The filter was fitted exactly as the original one.
Has anyone else found this problem after changing filter?

See all Salin Plus Salt Therapy questions

Get an answer from our members and Salin Plus representatives

Details ·

The Salin Plus Salt Therapy device is a viable alternative to nasal treatments such as saline sprays, humidifiers, and salt lamps.

With a filter cartridge that emits low doses of salt, this air purifier is intended to eliminate respiratory issues via salt therapy, which involves inhaling fine salt particles on a daily (or nightly) basis.

Features:

• Recommended for a room size of up to 150 cubic metres (to convert cubic metres into square metres, multiply a room's length by width by height)
  • Filter traps airborne pollutants and allergens, such as dust and pollen, to provide clean and fresh air
  • The filter will last for 4 to 6 months, which is a shorter life span than other filters on the market
  • This device emits a low dose of 0.1 grams of salt per day, an amount that Salin claims is safe for daily consumption
  • Decibel rating of 36 at the lowest setting, which audiologists describe as being equivalent to a whisper

Points of praise:

• It was common for reviewers to experience immediate results after only using the Salin Plus Salt Therapy device for one day. Consistent use of the air purifier helped reviewers stave off respiratory issues, such as asthma and nasal congestion.
  • The easy-to-use controls make this device a breeze to operate, as there’s no fiddling around to find the right setting
  • Many people were grateful to finally achieve a well-rested sleep after a lengthy battle with airborne irritants that would keep them awake late into the night

Points to consider:

• The filter didn’t often last until 6 months. Most reviewers noted that if they didn’t change the filter around the 4-month mark, the device wasn’t as effective anymore.
  • Salin suggests that this air purifier is safe for those on a low-salt diet, but as always, it’s best to confirm with a medical professional.
CategoryAir Purifiers
Construction MaterialPlastic
Release date

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Salin Plus Salt Therapy is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2020. Learn more

Other Air Purifiers

InovaAir AirClean E20 Plus

Kylie Sobra

Great Product!

by Kylie Sobra on 3 July 2022
This Purifier has dramatically helped with the Air quality in our home. Very easy to use. Would highly recommend this product for your home or office.... Read full review

Richard

Great air purifier (I own three)

by Richard on 10 June 2022
I purchased three of these for my house during the early stages of the pandemic. More expensive than other options, but you get what you pay for. They... Read full review

James

Absolutely Fantastic

by James on 28 May 2022
Has made a huge difference to our lives and is very user friendly too. Very easy to clean and change filters and very quiet. Highly recommend adding ... Read full review