2iRobot Braava Jet 240

3.9

16 reviews · Statistics

69%19%13%

Product is used
  • Several times a week (3)
  • Weekly (3)
  • Rarely (1)
Pet OwnerYes (5) · No (2)
System Errors Never (3) and Occasionally (2)
Ease of Programming / Scheduling
Battery Life
See the Best Vacuum Cleaners in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

DHC
DHCNSWSydney, NSW3 posts

It stopped working after 20 months, with infrequent use

It stopped working altogether after 20 months. It was used very infrequently. Show details
Pat
PatQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Love this little machine

I bought the iRobot Braava approximately 7 years ago and it is a great little machine. I have only replaced the battery and cleaning pads. Online help was very useful. I use it now mainly in my ensuite, but it will work well on polished floors as well as tiles. I use plain water and the amount of dirt that is on the pad is amazing. Show details
Rhonda
RhondaQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts
Michael of MascotNSWSydney, NSW24 posts

Works well so far

I have two bathrooms, kitchen and hallway which are tiled. I was surprised how well this little unit works…even around the toilet! It’s perfect for small spaces and areas and it does the job! Show details
Ease of Programming / Scheduling
Kath GNSWSydney, NSW70 posts

I was a sceptic

I was so sceptical as to how well this small robot would work . I have been amazed as to how good it is ,it is quite so you could use it after children have gone to bed . Because of its size it gets around things with ease and thats a plus. I would definitely recommend it Show details
nobVICGoulburn Valley, VIC44 posts

omg its amazing

Just brought this after reading great reviews. It is amazing, its quiet and just does its job. Im sure it has a brain. We use the irobot vacuum and then this mop. Who needs a cleaner Show details ·  1
KrisT
KrisTQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Still learning but why have I got wheel tracks after washing my floor?

I have only had my Braava Jet 240 for a few days and therefore still on a training run even so the instructions say I can use my Braava to wash the floor while it learns. I followed the instructions for putting the reusable pad on and filling the dispenser with the correct amount of cleaner (that came with the machine) and water as described. The coverage of the floor cleaned seemed to be pretty good given it is still learning but I am left with wheel tracks everywhere it's been. I don't think this is the way it should work! What am I doing wrong? Show details
Clare v
HanNatNana68 posts

Susannah
SusannahSouth Australia10 posts

The best machine I own

Don't tell Roomba, but Braava is my favourite. I actually have the black one which I believe has a slightly larger water tank. It mops so well, can also sweep and take wet wipes as well. It's so quiet too. I loathe mopping and now my floors are always clean. I never care anymore if the floors get dirty - there is so little effort required to get them clean!

J. Madden
J. MaddenMaroochydore2 posts

Purchased in February and by June it doesn’t work

Purchased in February 2018 and by June my iRobot Braava Jet 240 no longer did anything but ‘turn on’. Basically rendered useless. When I contacted IXL Home they said that I had to pay $127.00 excluding GST to have the unit serviced. I would have expected it to last more than 4 months but sadly not. I recommend not buying his product.

Show details

Andrea
AndreaMelbourne Area37 posts

Can't live without it - LOVE IT

I have never liked mopping so when I saw this, I had to try it. It works! You are also able to scheduled via your phone which is super convenient. We have the reusable pads. Simply fill with water, pop on the pad and click the button or schedule it to clean from your iphone when you leave the house! It's a great time saver and does not leave streaks and spots on our tiles, which is awesome. The battery life will not be long enough to complete an entire house with tiles etc. It is meant for smaller spaces, bathrooms, kitchen etc and certainly can clean those well as it sprays then vibrates/scrubs.

Kimberlina81
Kimberlina81Townsville5 posts

So great. I mop every night now!

This little machine is absolutely worth it's weight in gold. I have two kids aged 1 and 4. The floor gets messy! So mopping every night is necessary. This little machine does it for me and I can go to bed. It's quiet.

I have a pretty bad skin allergy so I bought a reusable pad off eBay and just put it in the washing machine. It works perfectly with a bit of cream cleanser. No need to buy the expensive disposable pads - the environment and your pocket both benefit.

I have had it a year now and I seriously can't imagine life without it.

Sweaty
SweatyNSWSydney, NSW4 posts

Machine is 5*. Cost of disposable pads 1*

I have both the Braava 380t and Braava Jet 240. Both devices are super effective.

However you should quickly dispell the 240 as an option. In Australia disposable pads are $25 for just 10 pads. In US those same pads. $7.99. Considering in my house I'd need to use 2/3 each time and I'd like to clean 2/3 times per week it's simply a crazy expectation. Yes there are reusable pads but in that case the 380 is a much stronger option. It's a shame, if Irobot had more foresight they could have this machine become quite a little passive revenue stream.

Show details