iRobot Braava Jet 240

iRobot Braava Jet 240

MPN: B240

How to land the best robot vacuum

A reliable robot vacuum can free up time to spend with loved ones and enjoy your favourite hobbies. In this 2020 guide, we help you know what to look for in a robot vacuum cleaner.

Read now

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (1)
  • System Errors Never (1)
  • Ease of Programming / Scheduling
  • Battery Life

nobGoulburn Valley, VIC

omg its amazing

Just brought this after reading great reviews. It is amazing, its quiet and just does its job. Im sure it has a brain. We use the irobot vacuum and then this mop. Who needs a cleaner

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$980.00.

Noise Level
Ease of Programming / Scheduling
Battery Life
Product is usedSeveral times a week
Pet OwnerYes
Floor TypeWood
System ErrorsNever

Hi There
A lot of cleaners are also using the Roomba and Braava to help them and their customers get a faster clean. :)

KrisT

KrisTSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still learning but why have I got wheel tracks after washing my floor?

I have only had my Braava Jet 240 for a few days and therefore still on a training run even so the instructions say I can use my Braava to wash the floor while it learns. I followed the instructions for putting the reusable pad on and filling the dispenser with the correct amount of cleaner (that came with the machine) and water as described. The coverage of the floor cleaned seemed to be pretty good given it is still learning but I am left with wheel tracks everywhere it's been. I don't think this is the way it should work! What am I doing wrong?

Purchased in January 2020.

Noise Level
Product is usedSeveral times a week
Pet OwnerNo
Floor TypeTiles
Clare v

Clare vVIC, 3207

Good little cleaner - too small for our townhouse though

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Good Afternoon Clare
Thank you for reviewing the Braava 240. Though this model was not suitable for your home. We are happy to hear the larger Braava 380 was better for you.

Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how iRobot Braava Jet 240 compares to other Robot Vacuum Cleaners

paproductreview

paproductreviewMacquarie 2614, ACT

‘Wet Mode’ is OK for small rooms and 'Damp Mode' works well on larger areas, especially timber floor

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Good Morning Paproductreview
Thank you for the fantastic review of the Braava Jet. I have noted you cons, so they can be passed on the iRobot HO for future development of products.

HanNatNana

HanNatNana

Small, silent, hardworker who never complains!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Susannah

SusannahSouth Australia

The best machine I own

Don't tell Roomba, but Braava is my favourite. I actually have the black one which I believe has a slightly larger water tank. It mops so well, can also sweep and take wet wipes as well. It's so quiet too. I loathe mopping and now my floors are always clean. I never care anymore if the floors get dirty - there is so little effort required to get them clean!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Hi Suannah,
We will keep you secret. That is fantastic to here about the wet wipes. What brand are you using?

J. Madden

J. MaddenMaroochydore

Purchased in February and by June it doesn’t work

Purchased in February 2018 and by June my iRobot Braava Jet 240 no longer did anything but ‘turn on’. Basically rendered useless. When I contacted IXL Home they said that I had to pay $127.00 excluding GST to have the unit serviced. I would have expected it to last more than 4 months but sadly not. I recommend not buying his product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Andrea

AndreaMelbourne Area

Can't live without it - LOVE IT

I have never liked mopping so when I saw this, I had to try it. It works! You are also able to scheduled via your phone which is super convenient. We have the reusable pads. Simply fill with water, pop on the pad and click the button or schedule it to clean from your iphone when you leave the house! It's a great time saver and does not leave streaks and spots on our tiles, which is awesome. The battery life will not be long enough to complete an entire house with tiles etc. It is meant for smaller spaces, bathrooms, kitchen etc and certainly can clean those well as it sprays then vibrates/scrubs.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Kimberlina81

Kimberlina81Townsville

So great. I mop every night now!

This little machine is absolutely worth it's weight in gold. I have two kids aged 1 and 4. The floor gets messy! So mopping every night is necessary. This little machine does it for me and I can go to bed. It's quiet.

I have a pretty bad skin allergy so I bought a reusable pad off eBay and just put it in the washing machine. It works perfectly with a bit of cream cleanser. No need to buy the expensive disposable pads - the environment and your pocket both benefit.

I have had it a year now and I seriously can't imagine life without it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how iRobot Braava Jet 240 compares to other Robot Vacuum Cleaners

SweatySydney, NSW

Machine is 5*. Cost of disposable pads 1*.

I have both the Braava 380t and Braava Jet 240. Both devices are super effective.

However you should quickly dispell the 240 as an option. In Australia disposable pads are $25 for just 10 pads. In US those same pads. $7.99. Considering in my house I'd need to use 2/3 each time and I'd like to clean 2/3 times per week it's simply a crazy expectation. Yes there are reusable pads but in that case the 380 is a much stronger option. It's a shame, if Irobot had more foresight they could have this machine become quite a little passive revenue stream.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Sampford IXL A.iRobot
Sweaty

Hi. You haven't appeared to have sent me a response?! Thanks for taking time to read anyway.

Charis Cheng

Charis Cheng

Perfect!

Good robot, never stops cleaning! it is a really good robot, even when the dustbin is full. So there you go, Irobot jet is amazing, cool and excellent. really impressed.

Sampford IXL A.iRobot

Hi Charis, thank you for taking time to share your positive experience and review of the iRobot Braava Jet 240. We appreciate you positive feedback.

Kind regards
iRobot Customer Care

Lisa

Lisaasked

Can I use the Braava Jet 240 mop on an 'engineered' timber floorboards? Thanks.

nob

I have baltic wood floor boards and it works great I also use it in the outside area which is rough tiles and it works. I would think it would be fine but i havent actually tried it on engineered floorboards but it is very versatile. I love it havent mopped in years

IXL H.iRobot

Hi Lisa, the Braava range of mops is suitable for most types of hard flooring including floorboards and tiles, however we recommend confirming with your flooring manufacturer directly for care instruction if you have concerns about suitability. Kind regards, iRobot

John

Johnasked

I have a 3 BR house with open living, dining & kitchen and 2 bathrooms plus separate toilet. All rooms other than the 2 bathrooms have vinyl plank floors - total 100m2. The 2 tiled Bathroom floors - 8-9 m2.
What product(s) would you recommend to keep floors clean please.

Good Morning John
This is something better discussed over the phone (1300 727 421) as we would need a few more questions answered to better recommend which iRobot Roomba and Braava would be suitable.

Elizabeth

Elizabethasked

Hi, why was the iRobot Scooba® 450 Floor Scrubbing Robot discontinued? Is a new model coming out soon? I have never used one but it sounds great!

HI Elizabeth,
I am not a 100% sure of the exact reason the Scooba was discontinued as this happen prior to our company taking on the brand in 2016.

iRobot have since launch the Braava 380T and Braava 240 as the replacements, however these are for mopping and sweeping only. Please visit our website www.irobot,com for more information.
Kind regards iRobot

Get an answer from our members and iRobot representatives

CategoryRobot Vacuum Cleaners