iRobot Roomba 600 Series

670, 690, 630, 637 and 650

Chris

ChrisPerth, WA

disappointed....

Purchased in August 2019 for $650.00.

Floor Type Wood
System Errors Every time

dckGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

iRobot Roomba

Used the vacuum for 1 hour, one room partly completed 5x4 m. Followed all the directions on use, irobot will not go back to charging station unless place within 1.5m, stopped a number times during vacuum?, front bumper dirty cleaned.

Decided to ask for a refund, rang company told me no returns only warranty, ask who i purchase from Harvey Norman (online),
Company asked why I purchased it online, i was told that I should have seen in operation first. (handy if you live close to store which sells it).

Harvey Norman said can not give a refund item as the vacuum has been used, suggested to ask the courier?.

The vacuum is nicely stored away.

Purchased in September 2019 for $670.00.

Product is used: Rarely
Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Good Morning dck
I am sorry to hear this. I can only suggest, if you are wanting to start using the unit again, contacting our office again and quoting the following reference: C0166982.

Ninadc

NinadcSydney

It vacuums alright

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $600.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
A jones

A jonesAustralian Capital Territory

What would I do without it!

We have a large upstairs bedroom with thick carpet and a tiled en-suite. I love my Roomba. I turn it on while I’m downstairs and just like magic, my entire upstairs floors are clean again. Shifting from carpet to tiles is no problem for our Roomba and seriously, I have recommended it to so many people as it makes our life so easy. It needs to be emptied after every clean for best efficiency but it’s an easy job. Running time is approximately an hour.

Purchased for $575.00.

Product is used: Weekly
System Errors Occasionally

Alma

Alma

Loveeee it!

Love my irobot. Helps me clean the house everyday while I’m doing other chores. Hubby is always happy coming home to very clean house. My only regret...should have bought it sooner! ;)

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

Good Morning Alma
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Roomba 670.

Scottkel M.

Scottkel M.

Love it. Can't live without it!!

We have both carpet and tiles, the roomba is awesome, you can actually see where it's been. Also added bonus of the app and being able to sync with Google home. Highly recommend

Purchased in May 2019 at Domaine for $500.00.

System Errors Never

HI Scottkel M.
Thank you for taking the time to review the Roomba 670. How great is it not only to have an app to set your Roomba off to clean but also voice activation via Google Home and Alexa.

Caps

CapsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Regretful decision Roomba 670

This is my first review and must say the product is terrible. I bought Roomba 670 thinking it will save time but it didn't serve the purpose.It doesn't clean properly and takes so much time to do the job and i have to monitor it while its working. A regrettable decision for me.I had to go back to my old vacuum cleaner which is far superior than this even though its 2-3 years old. I shouldn't have experimented :(.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for $439.00.

Good Morning Caps
I am sorry to hear the experience you have had with your Roomba 670. If you can please contact our office on 1300 727 421 we would very much like to discuss this further with you.

barb johnson

barb johnsonPerth, WA

Rod the Roomba

I got my IRoomba 600 yesterday hmmm he did half of my room then left ?? Is he lazy or will he remember to come back. I have lino floors and flat rug in lounge and bedroom. I'm amazed at how much he picked up. I thought I was clean!!!

Purchased in February 2019 for $499.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
System Errors Occasionally
Lisa

LisaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Roomba 670 disappointing

I found the roomba not as effective as i thought. In one bedroom it missed down one side of the bed due to hitting cornices. It also pulled my phone charger out and got tangled. Even when i line it up to go over bits it has not picked it up. It struggles from floorboards to rugs. There is nothingon the website showing info about needing to move cords from blinds, powercords etc. Now i regret not buying a dyson stick for slightly more money

Purchased in February 2019 for $499.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
LizM

LizMAU

Brilliant Roomba 630

Love this cleaner. I have mostly tiles which it zips around on and always stops at the 2 sets of steps I have. I am always surprised when I see how much it has picked up. I just lift it down the steps to carpeted areas and leave it for 20 minutes to do its job. Have not had any issues with this cleaner so far. I did buy with extended product care due to ongoing issues I had with the Aldi version I had purchased previously (Aldi did give full refund).

Date PurchasedAug 2017

PattyBloomfield

Love it. Definitely time saver

Works well I totally love it. It’s definitely a time saver and cleans well. I would recommend this to everyone. Whether you have rugs or not. I happen to have both. I can’t find anything wrong with it. It also works well with your iPhone app. You can program and review history. It also updates for you

HI Patty
Thank you for taking time to review the Roomba. These are a fantastic device for maintenance cleaning.

You are welcome

Lukesydney

WARNING! Does not work on dark carpet!!!

For this amount of money I would expect it to work everywhere in my house. Very disappointing. The glossy paper workaround only works for so long. I’m now going to have to perform surgery on it to try to make it work on my black carpet.

Also, when it reaches the top of the stairs it just stops. Why can’t it turn around and go away from the stairs? It just dies.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Luke

What would you like to discuss further with me?

Good Morning Luke
We would like to discuss your review of the product further with you.

Tracy

TracyDALKEITH

iRobot does not clean well due to very poor suction

Rosie W

Rosie W

Fantastic small vaccuum cleaner

I regularly use or Roomba for hard for vaccuuming. I do find that it isn't fantastic for large areas but you can section areas off for it to clean.
The last sensors work well and last a long time.
The dust is easy to empty straight into the bin. It does have a problem getting hair tangled in the brushes.
I have used it on carpet but I much prefer my Miele for this.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Karen

KarenAdelaide

Great vacuum cleaner

We love our Roomba. It cleans so well - I can’t believe all the dirt it finds! It easily fits under the bed and couches where other vaccums can’t clean. It returns to base and charges independently and is easy to empty when full of dust and dirt. The base charging station is really compact and discretely sits in a corner of our family room.

Good Afternoon Karen
Thank you for taking the time to review the Roomba 637.

Rubbish - Don't waste your money

Was supposed to make life easier. Unit requires constant cleaning and manages to get caught up in everything. Bumps into furniture with force and leaves marks. Struggles to charge on base and constantly readjusts itself, cleaning all contacts doesn't make much difference. Generally stops for no reason or cannot find it's way back to base. You will spend more time every week trying to clean/make it work than it takes to vacuum with a normal vacuum. Have given up and thrown it out. Never again.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Boyd W.

Boyd W.Perth, WA

Not perfect but exceeded expectations

Bought the 637 model as a Choice review said it was best for pet hair. Also as I had not used a robot vacuum for the house before I wanted to test an lower level model as they are not cheap.
Our house is open plan with many rooms on a lower level, concrete floors, middle eastern rugs (with tassles) and the Roomba 637 handles it all well. The amount of dust and pet hair it pick up is impressive and it also picks up cornflakes. It travels well between the rooms and 99% returns to the base which is tucked away in the study.
The virtual wall works well to stop it going onto sliding door tracks where it was getting stuck.

I would definitely buy this again but will probably now spend the money buy a smarter model that can map out the rooms.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Hi Boyd
thank you for taking the time to review the Roomba 637. These are a fantastic device for getting in and round to clean up after indoor pets even cornflakes.

Paula

PaulaBindoon

Absolutely love it

I love this vacuum, I use it nearly every day. I love tipping out all the dirt it has picked up, very satisfying to see. It's dirt that would normally be on my floor, I used to vacuum weekly now it's every couple of days, with 4 kids makes my life so much easier, and the house is so much cleaner!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good Afternoon Paula
Thank you for reviewing the Roomba 630. These are a fantastic maintenance vacuum cleaner. Allowing you to use you standard vacuum least frequently.

Luke Swan

Luke SwanBrisbane

This robotic vacuum is so funny to watch

We love watching this robot vac as it hits walls and goes back and just hits it again and again until it's not funny. The dust in the box is heaps so it must get the dirt out of the floor our stick vac can't do. It did cost a bit more than the Lower prices one but it's ok

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Good Morning Luke Swan
Thank you for reviewing the Roomba 690.

Pooja

PoojaSydney

Had High Expectation but diappointed!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Good Morning Pooja
Thank you for taking the time to review the Roomba 637. We would very much like to discuss the above with you further. Are you able to contact us on 1300 727 421 with reference C0157270.

Kate B.

Kate B.asked

Hi I have the 670 model. It is ver erratic in the direction it goes - my 900 series goes up and back repeatedly until the room is finished, this seems to go off on random diagonals continuously. Is this normal? Many thanks

Julie

Julieasked

Roomba 650

I have a Roomba 630 and the charger died so a bought a new one. Straight away the error message 2 appeared saying battery error charge. I have replaced the battery yesterday and it ran fine the first time and when docking for the first time it has the same error message. Error message 2 battery not genuine. It’s a genuine battery though. Any ideas?

dck

Sorry can not help have no idea.

Good Morning Julie
Thank you for your inquiry. Please contact our office on 1300 727 421 with reference C0167444. We will be able to go through some troubleshooting with you over the phone.

Faith

Faithasked

My new (2 weeks old) Roomba 670 doesn't clean all areas. For example today it missed one side of the kitchen - which is obviously important. Will it do a different route and clean it next time? We were told it had a 90 minute run time but it only does 60 minutes before returning to recharge. It doesn't go out again unless we restart it. I am wondering if we have bought a product that doesn't do the job we hoped it would.

Good Morning Faith
Thank you for your question, it is possible the 600 series may not be everything you were after.
The Roomba 670 has iAdapt Navigation, which means the Roomba will uses the furniture and walls to help navigate it's cleaning area. This can lead to the Roomba cleaning some area's mulitple time and not getting to others in its run time.
The battery does have an up to 90 minute run time, however, the amount of obstacles the Roomba has to navigate, the type of flooring ie wood, tile or carpet can all effect how long the Roomba will run for. Sadly this particular model does not have recharge resume to it. If you are wanting your Roomba to operate multiple times per day, we suggest allowing a 3 hour charge time and either manually or via the App pressing the clean button.
If you would like to contact our office on 1300 727 421 we can go through a little more thoroughly with you.
Kind regards iRobot

Get an answer from our members and iRobot representatives

iRobot Roomba 650

iRobot Roomba 670

iRobot Roomba 670

iRobot Roomba 690

iRobot Roomba 690

CategoryRobot Vacuum CleanersRobot Vacuum CleanersRobot Vacuum CleanersRobot Vacuum CleanersRobot Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $649.00$590.00
Bin Capacity0.6 L
HEPA FilterNoNo
Weight3 kg3.5 kg
FeaturesWi-Fi ConnectivityWi-Fi Connectivity
Running Time 60 min90 min
Charging Time2 hours
Dimensions 92 x 340 x 340 mm94 x 330 x 330 mm
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Release dateJul 2013Jul 2013