iRobot Roomba 600 Series

iRobot Roomba 600 Series

630, 650, 637, etc...

Robot Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of robot vacuum cleaner would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Product is used
    • Daily (8)
    • Weekly (4)
    • Several times a week (4)
    • Rarely (2)
  • Pet OwnerYes (7) · No (11)
  • System Errors Often (5) · Occasionally (5) · Every time (4) · Never (3)
  • Ease of Programming / Scheduling
  • Battery Life

1ozflyerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer support very poor

Poor customer support, cleaning ok but often gets caught in chair legs and cant find its way out. Run time sufficient for 3-4 rooms. Even if the Roomba is not caught up in chair legs it often cant find its way back to the charging station.

Purchased in November 2018 for $480.00.

Floor Type Tiles
Sinead

Sinead

Better than expected

Used on carpet and lino. Cleans even better than I had imagined. Just make sure nothing is on the floor. Very happy with this purchase. I have it three weeks.

Purchased in February 2020 at Myer for $600.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

JulieSSydney Surrounds, NSW

Pretty good - while it lasted. Poor after-sales Service!!! Dont buy

irobit worked pretty well for about 10 months. However, after that time i noticed it wouldn't dock, had trouble staying on charge and would only vacuum for about 20-30 mins before needing to be charged again!

The whole purpose was that it would clean the house while i was out - now it only does 1/5 as it need to be charged. It clearly faulty.

I have called the service department - they wanted videos of my irobot - which i provided. That was 3 weeks ago! No reply! no follow up !! very very disappointing for a vacuum costing over $500!!

I would think twice about purchasing due to this.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer for $500.00.

Tony Hunt

Tony HuntPerth, WA

Surprised how effective

Work really well on the hardwood floors. Manoeuvres of matts quite well. Fits under chairs cabinets and beds.
Also does carpet OK. Good job really. I'm guessing this is where you pay for the larger models with more suction power. However it comes back with copious amounts of dust and dog hair.
Overall leaves the place nice and clean and freshly vaccumed.
Works on wifi with a Phone App and schedule

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $588.00.

System Errors Never
KristyB

KristyBPerth, WA

Great for Small Homes and Hard Floors

Works great on hard floors runs for 1.75-2hours (hard floors only) covers pretty much everything in my 4x2’s main living areas and walk ways, all in all I’m happy with it it would only be good for smaller homes or good to
Focus on a particular hard floor area, picks up dog hair!
Battery Life isn’t great on Carpets.
Should be clearer that it doesn’t have Navigation so it just runs around aimlessly until it goes flat this is why it’s only good for smaller homes with hard floors!

Purchased in January 2020 at RetraVision.

Floor Type Tiles
System Errors Occasionally

Poor navigation and poor cleaning

600 series navigation, as well as cleaning, sucks...its keeps on cleaning at a particular area and doesn't clean each and every spot in a room. First suction power is not enough so it just spread around the dirt and cleans a little. It doesnt know when the cleaning is done so it keeps on moving till the battery drains out..couple of more bad things...like doesnt go back to charging station, doesnt remember which all places there is furniture etc....over all...a very expensive toy..thats all..

Purchased in December 2019 at walmart for $200.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
System Errors Every time

Absolutely rubbish. If you are looking for a toy, ok go for it. Otherwise. Do not waste your time, money and energy.

- I used it on my Persian Rug. My rug is on the top of another carpet. It doesn't go on my rug.
- It did terrible job. It doesn't go on two carpet on top of each other.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $580.00.

Product is used Rarely
Floor Type Carpet
System Errors Often

cleans well. for 200.00 at black Friday. No complaints.

does a great job on carpet and hard floor. seems to have plenty of suction floor looks nice...2 dogs. I see people on here paid 650.00. I feel alot better at 200.00

Purchased in November 2019 for $200.00.

Teghan R.iRobot

Wow, what a bargain, where'd you score that from?

Ken D.
Ken D.

Walmart

lucyl

lucyl

Scratches Hardwood Floors and DON'T BOTHER WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE

Purchased in April 2018 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Good Morning Lucy
Are you able to provide us with your contact number to service@ixl.com.au so we can give you a call to talk this through.

ChrisPerth, WA

Excellent customer service from David the manager at Morley Myers.

Good product. After having a few issues and being really disappointed, David at Morley Myers sorted everything out for me and now Im happy again. Thank you David. Now I have a robot what cleans the whole house and could not live without it.

Purchased in August 2019 at Myers for $650.00.

Hi Rebecca
The manager David at Myers sorted everything out for me, he swapped it for a new one.
Really happy now.
I will change my review.

Good Morning Chris
I am happy to hear Myer were able to get this sorted for you. If you have any future questions, please do not hesitate to contact with above information.

dckGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

iRobot Roomba

Used the vacuum for 1 hour, one room partly completed 5x4 m. Followed all the directions on use, irobot will not go back to charging station unless place within 1.5m, stopped a number times during vacuum?, front bumper dirty cleaned.

Decided to ask for a refund, rang company told me no returns only warranty, ask who i purchase from Harvey Norman (online),
Company asked why I purchased it online, i was told that I should have seen in operation first. (handy if you live close to store which sells it).

Harvey Norman said can not give a refund item as the vacuum has been used, suggested to ask the courier?.

The vacuum is nicely stored away.

Purchased in September 2019 for $670.00.

Product is used Rarely
Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Good Morning dck
I am sorry to hear this. I can only suggest, if you are wanting to start using the unit again, contacting our office again and quoting the following reference: C0166982.

Ninadc

NinadcSydney

It vacuums alright

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $600.00.

A jones

A jonesAustralian Capital Territory

What would I do without it!

We have a large upstairs bedroom with thick carpet and a tiled en-suite. I love my Roomba. I turn it on while I’m downstairs and just like magic, my entire upstairs floors are clean again. Shifting from carpet to tiles is no problem for our Roomba and seriously, I have recommended it to so many people as it makes our life so easy. It needs to be emptied after every clean for best efficiency but it’s an easy job. Running time is approximately an hour.

Purchased for $575.00.

Alma

Alma

Loveeee it!

Love my irobot. Helps me clean the house everyday while I’m doing other chores. Hubby is always happy coming home to very clean house. My only regret...should have bought it sooner! ;)

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

Good Morning Alma
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Roomba 670.

Scottkel M.

Scottkel M.

Love it. Can't live without it!!

We have both carpet and tiles, the roomba is awesome, you can actually see where it's been. Also added bonus of the app and being able to sync with Google home. Highly recommend

Purchased in May 2019 at Domaine for $500.00.

System Errors Never

HI Scottkel M.
Thank you for taking the time to review the Roomba 670. How great is it not only to have an app to set your Roomba off to clean but also voice activation via Google Home and Alexa.

Caps

CapsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Regretful decision Roomba 670

This is my first review and must say the product is terrible. I bought Roomba 670 thinking it will save time but it didn't serve the purpose.It doesn't clean properly and takes so much time to do the job and i have to monitor it while its working. A regrettable decision for me.I had to go back to my old vacuum cleaner which is far superior than this even though its 2-3 years old. I shouldn't have experimented :(.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for $439.00.

Good Morning Caps
I am sorry to hear the experience you have had with your Roomba 670. If you can please contact our office on 1300 727 421 we would very much like to discuss this further with you.

barb johnson

barb johnsonPerth, WA

Rod the Roomba

I got my IRoomba 600 yesterday hmmm he did half of my room then left ?? Is he lazy or will he remember to come back. I have lino floors and flat rug in lounge and bedroom. I'm amazed at how much he picked up. I thought I was clean!!!

Purchased in February 2019 for $499.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Lisa

LisaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Roomba 670 disappointing

I found the roomba not as effective as i thought. In one bedroom it missed down one side of the bed due to hitting cornices. It also pulled my phone charger out and got tangled. Even when i line it up to go over bits it has not picked it up. It struggles from floorboards to rugs. There is nothingon the website showing info about needing to move cords from blinds, powercords etc. Now i regret not buying a dyson stick for slightly more money

Purchased in February 2019 for $499.00.

LizM

LizMAU

Brilliant Roomba 630

Love this cleaner. I have mostly tiles which it zips around on and always stops at the 2 sets of steps I have. I am always surprised when I see how much it has picked up. I just lift it down the steps to carpeted areas and leave it for 20 minutes to do its job. Have not had any issues with this cleaner so far. I did buy with extended product care due to ongoing issues I had with the Aldi version I had purchased previously (Aldi did give full refund).

Date PurchasedAug 2017

PattyBloomfield

Love it. Definitely time saver

Works well I totally love it. It’s definitely a time saver and cleans well. I would recommend this to everyone. Whether you have rugs or not. I happen to have both. I can’t find anything wrong with it. It also works well with your iPhone app. You can program and review history. It also updates for you

Date PurchasedDec 2018

HI Patty
Thank you for taking time to review the Roomba. These are a fantastic device for maintenance cleaning.

You are welcome