Isuzu D-MAX RC.II

Isuzu D-MAX RC.II (2017-2021)

Also referred to as: Isuzu D-MAX RC.II 2020 and Isuzu D-MAX RC.II 2022. 4x2 High Ride, 4x4
See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Comfort
  • Features

Phillip J.
Phillip J.Gippsland, VIC

Excellent so far, traveled 13,000kms in 10 weeks, towing small pop up van.

Many sealed roads and highways in Northern Australia do not show up on Sat nav. For an off road vehicle I would have thought that mapping info would be current.

FoxReviewsGoulburn Valley, VIC

So many things to like!

Purchased in June 2021.

tdock86Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cracked inner guard. Twice in 12 months

Purchased in April 2017.

neil g
neil gGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Now they tell me ......Isuzu big trouble .....

Well this looks like trouble !!! First springs rear broken well its going to be the Ute to bet the rest tops at towing will out run Toyota big fail ...... Now Turbo out it goes and only 13000Klms and 4 mths old well what will be next maybe a trade-in to a real ute at Hi Lux ... should of listened

Purchased in June 2020 at Mornington .

Joseph
JosephSydney Surrounds, NSW

What a lemon

I took a new D'max for a test run and what a piece of rubbish. the manual gearbox is still faulty as it crunches when going from first to second and second to third when cold. This is a problem with the previous models and Isuzu refuse to fix it. Also the consul between the seats is too high and my elbow hits it when trying to go around a corner. The suspension is still the same as previous models so therefore is unable to carry the stated load. Also the brakes are the same as previous so wont pull up the vehicle when fully loaded. Do not know how it received a 5 star safety rating. I suppose if you drive it MT and run into a concrete block then it may be ok but who does that.
Joseph

Purchased in December 2018 for $50,000.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Lisa
LisaPerth, WA

Crap car

Faulty Bought 2 brand new Izuzu vehicles last year. D-Max and Mux. Mix all good. D-Max a freaking lemon! Was recalled for rear suspension. Dealership has stuffed me around constantly. My windows stopped working and they don't even have the parts to fix it. Car used 4l of oil between 1st and 2nd service and it has a rattle in engine bay that sounds like a bunch of loose bearings. After sale care non existent! Would not recommend Izuzu to anyone!! No after sale service.

Purchased in August 2019 for $50,500.00.

Justin
JustinSydney Surrounds, NSW

Isuzu D Max - DONT TRUST IT, what’s going wrong with it next?

Purchased in December 2017.

ardy01
ardy01

Great truck apart from minor issues

Hi bought this in late 2017 to replace a Toyota Hilux I had owned for 10 years.
When I first test drove it I bought it. Suited me perfectly.
Only 2 issues one is important to me the other not so much.
1. The bluetooth connection to my phone is almost unusable, so I have a separate unit to make calls etc. This means I have an AUX cable to play music from my phone but that doesn't always work. It's a PITA.
2. Turn off the radio and the road noise is quite bad. This is a minor issue for me.
It's done 60ks with no issues. Great truck.

Purchased in September 2017 at Online for $35,000.00.

3rd turbo in 73,000 kms

Purchased in May 2018 at Solar Power Victoria for $39,995.00.

Harley
HarleyNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Dmax the great

I've just got my 3rd Dmax and just love it. We tow with it and just love going places. Haven't had any issues with any of em. Great for towing and good off road. Fully recommended Isuzu Dmax.

Purchased in August 2019 for $34,000.00.

DH
DHAuckland

Improvement over the last model

BadgeLS-U
BodyCab Chassis
CabDual Cab
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedApr 2017
Drive4WD
Casey
CaseyPerth, WA

Poor gearbox and ilders high

From picking up from the dealership the gearbox clunks into 2nd and 3rd gear and down change back to 1st,The warranty is a waste of time,It ilders up to high and when slowing down with your foot off the accelerator it will take off by itself and may cause a accident

Purchased in January 2020 for $36,000.00.

RENE
RENESouth East Queensland, QLD

SO HAPPY TO OWN TWO OF THEM

One for work and one for family transport...
no big issues but on the next service I will get checked gear shifting as it sometime holding in lower gear and higher rpm longer on my LS M , on my SX is perfect no matter if the aircon is on.

Purchased in June 2018.

Peter
PeterCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good but could be better with very little effort from Isusu

This truck is fully loaded all the time as it has a service body.
Problems specific with this truck are :
1/ Drive by wire throttle has way too much "DELAY OF THE MARK"
2/ Gearing is too tall making 6 gear useless under 110ks... I have to select hold in 5th to stop it hunting.
3/ Little Red display in the middle of the dash is unreadable for any person with over 50s vision.
Apart from the stuff above its great an I trust it to go forever.
The Auto Expert guy on YouTube recons the D-max is like a 10 year old Colorado and that upset me until I realized that he is correct, because I have a 10 year old Colorado and its is bullet proof, so we bought another one.

Purchased in January 2019 at melton isusu.

Adam
AdamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

2017 X Runner Worst purchase I’ve made .

Purchased in April 2017 for $65,000.00.

Read more reviews - page 2See all Isuzu D-MAX reviews

Phillip J.
Phillip J.asked
D-MAX 4x4 X-Terrain (2020-2021)

I am traveling around northern Australia and have found that many sealed roads and highways are not on the sat nav. Can this be upgraded?

FoxReviews

The updates would be available when the GPS service is updated, either Tom Tom or Navman company must create this update for the native gps to reflect this.

Google Maps seem to be better with the unsealed roads in my experience, and you can download your maps for offline use.

tdock86

I upgraded mine and it seemed to fix it. Can’t speak for where you are but definitely helped on the East Coast of Oz and through Sydney. I have a 2017 LSU. Popped out the as card, put it into the computer and paid $160 for 3 or so years worth of free updates? Bit of a rip off in hindsight but worth it plus do a lot of driving with no reception and love the offline maps on gps. Also I’ve heard dealers quoting anywhere from $350-$1000 to do what I did... pretty sure I got the name of the nav website from Isuzu website FAQ. Good luck.

Meagan L.
Meagan L.asked
D-MAX 4x4 X-Terrain (2020-2021)

I will be towing a caravan with an ATM of 2800kg. What upgrades to suspension etc should I make?

Max e
Max easked
D-MAX 4x4 LS-M (2017-2021)

is there room to fit an auxillary battery under bonnet of 2021 model or does it need to be placed in cabin.

See all Isuzu D-MAX RC.II (2017-2021) questions

Get an answer from our members and Isuzu representatives

Isuzu D-MAX RC.II (2017-2021)

Compare all 11 Isuzu D-MAX
CategoryUtesUtesUtesUtes
Starting Price $38,513$53,369$51,097$55,230
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeRear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDieselDieselDieselDiesel
Wheels16" Steel17" Alloy16" Alloy17" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Doors 2 to 442 to 42 to 4
Seats 2 to 552 to 54 to 5
Fuel Consumption7.7 L/100km7.7 L/100km7.9 L/100km7.9 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 76 L76 L76 L76 L
Engine4 Cylinder 3.0L Turbo Diesel4 Cylinder 3.0L Turbo Diesel4 Cylinder 3.0L Turbo Diesel4 Cylinder 3.0L Turbo Diesel
Engine Code4JJ1-TCX4JJ1-TCX4JJ1-TC4JJ1-TC
Max Power140kW @ 3600 rpm140kW @ 3600 rpm130kW @ 3600rpm130kW @ 3600rpm
Max Torque450Nm @ 1600-2600 rpm450Nm @ 1600-2600 rpm430Nm @ 2000-2200rpm430Nm @ 2000-2200rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailand
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Tray TypeCab Chassis and Pick UpPick UpCab Chassis and Pick UpPick Up
Cab Options Dual, Extra and SingleDualDual, Extra and SingleDual and Extra
Maximum Payload1,300 kg1,040 kg1,034 kg1,029 kg
Ground Clearance225 mm235 mm225 mm235 mm
Manufacturer Warranty6 year(s)6 year(s)6 year(s)6 year(s)
Dimensions