IXL Eco Ventflo 10326

IXL Eco Ventflo 10326

Listing monitored by IXL Appliances

• Power

Too noisy

Seems operationally fine, but it's probably the loudest extractor fan I've ever heard. It's not smooth white noise either, it's irritating and possibly a high frequency rattle from the draught shutters. I'm surprised this actually passed R&D into production. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to return this.

Purchased in December 2020.

Bear
BearGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great extraction with the associated noise

As per the other reviews, this is a pretty loud fan, admittedly, the bathroom is on the edge of the house, so the clearance to the tile roof is <200mm so probably getting some acoustics sent back down.

I checked the few similar fans at Bunnings (size, airflow) and short of spending about $200 on a real high end one, they were all much of a muchness.

The fan it replaced was much quieter, but kind of useless as the ceilings and walls would have lots of condensation on them.

One thing that has helped, went to Jaycar and got some self adhesive sound deadening butyl / foam, wrapped it around the outside and this has taken off the high pitch and has noticeable reduced the sound. (although still loud but more bearable now).

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $69.00.

Charlie M.
Charlie M.

Does the job well!

Bought this about a year ago now to compliment a hpm 3 in 1 ( now replaced ) which the fan capacity was inadequate. Very happy with performance, no steam anywhere! Sure, its a bit loud but at the same time I installed the larger DETA fan in the laundry ( bought one of each as I needed the smaller IXL due to restrictions in the roof above the shower so thought I'd test them both ) and cant tell the difference in sound from either of them. They both work great. The IXL in the bathroom has a small walk in robe between it and the bedroom and while you can hear it if you're awake it does not wake me when my partner showers. Always happy when something works, unlike a lot of junk sold thats not fit for purpose. Would buy again.

Purchased in November 2018.

OzDan
OzDanSA

Too LOUD!

Bought twice (to try in different rooms) - returned twice! Noise level is too high for the volume of air being extracted. IXL is my prefer brand BUT not this exhaust fan.
Now I know why "Noise level" is not stated on packaging by manufacturer.

Purchased in January 2019.

Noise Level
BoroIllawarra, NSW

Way to loud

Finished my bathroom, thought Id go with a trusted make and went for the more expensive modle, wow I wish I hadnt, the wife and I like to listen to the radio in the shower and getting ready, absolutely no chance with this turned on!! Sent costumer service an email, they phoned me back and basically said tough, its more powerful and thats how loud it is!
I would tell anyone thinking of buying theses fans not to, and I will be keeping clear of IXL products in the future!
DONT BUY (unless youre deaf)

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $60.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
IanjGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Too loud

Had to return. Too loud for the en-suite. I can see why they don’t publish dBA for this. Can’t a company that produces so many fan products design a fan by now?

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $50.00.

Good Morning Ianj
Thank you for your review, we are currently working on new designs of extraction to be launched in the future, Please keep an eye out on our website www.ixlappliances.com.au.

JoPerth

Looks good. Can keep up with a hot shower. Hums like any bigger fan would. Happy!

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $60.00.

Good Morning JoPerth
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of the IXL Ventflo 250. You are correct in decibels are a difficult one to give out, cause bathroom size and ceiling cavities are all different.
Kind regards IXl Home

Good Afternoon JoPerth
Thank you for the extra review. I will defiantly pass this on to our R&D Department for future products.

SO LOUD!!

Wow. We needed a more powerful fan, but we did not expect to also install JFK airport into our bathroom. Will be taking it back. Installation was easy enough though.

Purchased in June 2019 at Mitre 10 for $60.00.

Renae L
Renae LGeelong

Terrible Fan with blade constantly coming off

We purchased this for our laundry to assist with any heat produced from our dryer, yes it's noisy but we were ok with that. It lasted less than a month before it stopped working, called our electrician who installed it who found the blade had come off, he put it back on and within an hour (after paying a callout fee) it happened again. I have now put it on myself, and it lasted less than 5 minutes. We're unable to find the receipt so it was a waste of $59 and now $150 in electrician costs. Won't be buying another IXL fan!

Stop hurting your brand.

Hi
Same as most feedback. Far to noisy. Taking it back. Will buy other brand for sure.
IXL customer support, do you self a favour and get push the company to get this is off the shelves.

Lazy guy
Lazy guyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Finally strong exhaust fan for bathroom

Bought this IXL 200mm Eco ventflo to replace cheap arlec fan. It has strong fan, loud but powerful. This will suck away moist from bathroom and hopefully prevent black mold to invade again. I will soon get 250mm one for my 2nd bathroom. I noticed the plastic grill was hard to pull before installation, so i had to bent all 4 clips carefully for easier removal later on when cleaning.

Good Afternoon Lazy guy
Thank you for taking the time to review the Eco Ventflo 200. These are fantastic for clearing steam from your bathroom as this has a high extraction rate. However this can lead them to be in the louder side.
Kind regards IXL.

OMG so loud

So loud; taking it back to Bunnings. Wish I’d read the reviews before buying. Hope our next choice is not so loud. Definitely wouldn’t be able to relax with that noice.

Good Morning May girl
Thank you for reviewing the IXL Eco Ventflo 10326. Upon returning the item to Bunnings you should be offered and exchange or credit note.

Goodbye peace

You will never have a bath in peace ever again with this fan. It's like standing on the tarmac at the airport on a hot day with the engines going.

Dustin
DustinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Noisy

Installed this fan in our bathroom found it to be quite noisy, also seemed to get noiser as the months went on, we have now replaced it with an inline fan wow what a difference.

Good Morning Dustin
We are sorry to hear you have had to replace the IXL Eco Ventflo due to news levels. I will pass this concerns on to our R&D Department.

CraigM
CraigMSwan Hill

Too loud

As others have said, I wish I had read these reviews first! Stuck with IXL quality to replace the fan in our toilet and, while it’s great at moving air, it is way too loud for the household. Seems to get to the right level (noise wise) 1-2 sec after turning it on and then it really kicks into gear and goes up by another 10 notches!!! I hope I’m able to return it as the box (and possibly receipt) went with the recycling collection this week! Pretty disappointed.

Good Afternoon Craig
We are sorry to hear you are happy with IXL VentFlo 250. PLease feel free to discuss exchange terms with the place of purchase. As this item is supplied with a replacement warranty.

Read more reviews - page 2