Jayco Camper Trailer

Jayco Camper Trailer

Swan, Eagle, Swift, etc...

See the Best Camper Trailers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Warren

Great escape vehicle and easy to tow

I bought a Jpod sport 2 years ago and have used it on about 15 occasions / 60 days and have not had any problems at all with it, in all types of weather .
I didnt want to attached tent and have never used it as I like to set up in 5 minutes .
Great value for the money and very happy with it .
Warren

Purchased in October 2017.

Car ModelToyota HiLux

Paul

PaulSydney

Happy Camper!

Purchased in January 2019.

Off-roading Performance
Ease of Towing
Car ModelVolkswagen Amarok 2H (2011-Present)
Beeker77

Beeker77Melbourne

Ok for the money and great if you have a towing weight limit

Great little van towed with cx5 diesel goes well. Like most things you get what you paid for. But it would be nice if Jayco bothered to screw all the screws in properly. I haven’t counted them yet, even the 15a external socket screw were sticking out not screwed in all the way.
How hard is it, sorry for The negativity but you could train a monkey to do a better job. Quality control issues and it appears that Jayco still don’t want to listen.
We only took delivery of a 2019 swift 3 weeks ago, been out once for 5 days, but I have to say I’m a little bit worried about what the future will bring.

Purchased in December 2018 at Jayco Bayswater .

Car ModelMazda CX-5 KF Akera AWD, 2.2L Diesel
Shaneo

ShaneoVictoria, 3220

Great camper easy to tow fast to set up

We purchased our first camper recently and absolutely love it.
Our 2002 Penguin 13 ticks al the boxes, easy to tow, much faster to set up than campers with slide out beds, it’s basically a 13FT Caravan without the extra weight, ours weighs in at an ATM weight of 1142kg. We tow it behind a medium SUV Holden Equinox petrol Turbo, tows very well. Could tow it with much smaller non turbo cars.
Would definitely recommend a Jayco Penguin for anyone that wants a little home away from home.

Purchased in July 2002.

Car ModelHolden Equinox EQ LS+

Damian G

Damian GLaunceston, TAS

Mods to make the Jpod sport a long distance tourer.

Purchased in April 2018.

Mark

MarkSouth West, WA

Good idea very poorly executed and finished, shame

Purchased in October 2018.

Barbara

BarbaraWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

What a Disappointment.

PhilW

PhilWSydney

Great little van.

chloe

chloeyass

Poor quality build and poor service from Jayco

Manny

MannyGold Coast, 'Queensland

An excellent concept...pity about the quality control

Very poor quality camper

We payed $32000 and have had to fix so many things on the van. We are very lucky that my hubby is a handy man because there's no many things to list that have broken. How we can't whined it up so unhappy.

Jayco Dealers are hopeless and Jayco are thieves.

Jayco vans are rubbish. Dont be fooled. The dealers are not interested in fixing problems they make you wait until you pay for a warranty service to fix their problems. It is a rort and the ACCC should do something about it. I complained to Jayco head office refused to take calls and they hide behind emails. Finally I got Jayco head office to do the service for $500 because they dont want to upset dealers with a cheaper service price. I marked everything before the service and nothing was touched. I embarrassed them so badly they refunded the money. I would never take my van back to any of them. I have slowly been upgrading the problems myself as I can because I am a qualified trades person not a child with a pop rivet gun.

What can I say

jack

jackNorthern Region, NSW

my swan outback is getting built wont be ready till mid septeber

Can i put roof racks on by adjusting the rails so the windup tv aerial will fit.At this stage that is all a wont to know when i get my jayco swan.

Greg E

Greg EHunter Region, NSW

Jayco newcastle

Stones

StonesRoleystone

Nice Camper - light, easy to tow. not a family camper

2005 Jayco Eagle Outback
I bought my camper approx. 5years ago, i have young family (3 kids under 5).
Its nice and easy to tow around
I found that the older Jayco outbacks (campers) are built better then the new, as silly as it sounds - must be the simplistic no fuss
electric brakes are also a great relief when towing with a smaller SUV, with the family in the car
however, i wouldn't recommend it as a caravan park camper - its more just for off-road parts that are in-accessible for larger caravans or if your on a budget
i eventually sold my camper and upgraded to a 2012 Jayco expanda - shower/toilet/etc. and its fantastic in comparison!

Purchased in July 2014.

Off-roading Performance

Johno

JohnoSydney

Service may be worse than the quality

We have had our Swan Outback for just under 5 years. The silicon filler used in the roofs is clearly not up to standard as we have experienced major leaks twice in that time. Jayco refuse to return calls to discuss the issue so very little chance anything will change for newer versions.

Team Skipatrol

Team SkipatrolBarton 2600, ACT

We love it!

We purchased the Outback version and we love it. Its roomy, easy to set-up and to pack-up. Sits well on the road, its well fitted out and the decor is very nice, noting we had some changes made at the factory to ensure the cupboards all matched. Only criticism is that we are not sure why Jayco placed the main power connector right next to the sink (water) and placed the sink so close to the window with blinds that seem to get wet a bit to easy when washing dishes.

A great little unit

Ian bywaters

Ian bywaters

great little camper to two and child

After selling our old jayco finch two a lovely young couple who are giving it a new
life and a make over we bought a jayco swift 3 years old tows real well behind four cylinder petrol hilux it's great for two adults lovely and warm on cold nights .electric brakes work well has battery pack at everything Al the big vans have except air con. Tows really well recommend it to anybody who want a small camper.it actually Unfolds and sets up better and easier than the old one reversing is easy to as it has a long draw bar.really happy with it and I know I can always sell the far what I paid or a little less.again really happy highly recommend it.