JB Caravans

Perfect

Picked up our Extreme in May 2018. Everything was perfect, everything working. Have now done thousands of kilometres and have had nothing go wrong. Would buy another.
They simply are Just Brillant.

Floor Plan20:6 Rear door

Service could not of been better

Don’t normally rate. But found this service excellent. Van was good but service was great. Had a few small issues that you would expect with a second hand van. They went above and beyond. Walter especially. The handover of the van was extremely thorough

As the name says Just Brilliant!.

My wife and I have recently taken delivery of our 2017 Milano. 23.6 looks awesome and tows perfectly.
We could not be more happy with the service, design and quality of the workmanship.
We looked at many different brands of caravans over a two year period and kept going back to JB nothing came close to the JB brand.
The staff at Caboolture are a pleasure to deal with and Dan bent over backwards on several occasions to meet our needs. We would in particular like to thank Brendan for all his help throughout the last two years of our research on the JB brand.
If you are thinking of buying a new or used caravan you owe it to yourself to at least have a look at this brand.

Thanks JB could not be happier.
Jo & Andre.

Floor Plan23.6 rear door.

Top quality Australian built OFF ROAD rig.

My wife and I have owned & lived in this limited edition (scorpion) since December 2016 (5 months).
I can honestly say that I am yet to find any problems with the quality of the build (I have looked hard) and the finish is absolutely fabulous throughout. My wife loves it!
Nothing cheap and nasty has been incorporated into this rig, everything is very high quality, for instance the sound system is a Fusion marine set including an ipod dock and outdoor head unit that enables sound system control from outside. This Fusion system would have to cost close to $1500 and it came as a STANDARD fitting.
This is a true off road van with a DO35 hitch, cruise master suspension with duel shockies on each wheel. 1 grey water tank and 3 fresh water tanks including a 65lt dedicated drinking with its own pump and plumbing, all the tanks have galvanised protection. The underside is sealed with a full sheet of galvanised protection.
I changed the specification to lithium batteries to compliment the standard 450 watts of solar panels on the roof. (The 2017 scorpion sting has lithium batteries fitted as standard)
Piano hinges on all the cupboards.
Washing machine.
En-suite (great shower)
Large tool boxes with slides for both the BBQ and a Generator.
Huge 218lt compressor fridge freezer for the beer and ice, what more could you ask for?
JB are even giving a 3 year warranty that covers all Australian tracks, that says a lot to me, and anyone looking for an off road van should remember JB caravans for that if nothing else!
After sales service has been a 5 star experience from JB caravans in Caboolture, QLD nothing has been too much trouble, if only all businesses had these business ethics once they have your money! I just can't fault it!
I looked at all the major brands and kept coming back to the JB. I have been travelling on the road full time for over 5 years and have met thousands of travellers in all sorts of vans, buses, 5th wheelers and motor homes, so this review is not coming from someone who is a novice. I've heard all the stories and seen most of the country accessible with a non off road van. Now I have this full off road JB van the adventure can really start!
If you are seriously in the market do yourself a favor and make sure you don't purchase anything before you have had a good look at one of these JB masterpieces, they SCREAM quality!
It's your money, be wise, be happy!

Floor PlanRear door model 20ft 6in

Best We Have Seen and Great Service

After 10 years with an off-road camper we inspected 7 well known caravan factories and ended up at JB. Its factory and attention to detail the best we had seen. Proceeded to order the Scorpion. Sales staff (Justin, at the time) could not have done more for us. So knowledgeable and helpful. The van has been JB (just brilliant). Traveled most places in OZ with prolonged stays in remote areas. The electrics arrangement is so good and allows so much freedom. After 3 years the ongoing servicing and attention to repairs has been exceptional. I cannot imagine any company doing better. Jody at Heatherbrae has been great, while Glen (and Dale) in Melbourne have been outstanding. They are keen, listen, suggest solutions then complete the work to craftsman quality. My wife gave Glenn a hug on last visit she was so happy with JBs work. She doesn't give away hugs freely.

Floor Plan20ft but added and extra 6inches

Great Caravan and you can't beat JB for Service

We went to the Victorian Caravan and Camping show back in February to research the caravan market. We saw many and it was clear that JB Caravans manufactured a product which was superior both in quality and competitive in price. We followed up with a factory tour at Heatherbrae and this re-enforced our opinion of this manufacturer.
Fit and finish are excellent. There was some warranty work required involving the batteries. What really surprised us was how quickly JB came to the party and resolved this issue....Very Impressed!!
JB Caravans do take pride in their work and ensure customer satisfaction.
The Scorpion 19'6" is extremely comfortable, looks 1st class and has all the facilities needed to remain off the grid for an extended period. Everything just works and what we really appreciated was the inverter which powers the 6 double power outlets with 240 volt power and you can even use the microwave oven without the need to hook up to grid power. The 3 x 150 watt solar panels and 2x 120 amp hour batteries more than adequately power everything including the compressor fridge.
We tow the Scorpion with a 2015 VW Touareg with air suspension effortlessly and the Cruise Master Suspension and included Electronic Stability Control makes towing a breeze.
Well done JB on product and service.

Can't improve on JB

We viewed literally hundreds of caravans before settling on our Milano 3 years ago and to this day still have not found anything better, we couldn't be happier. Yes, we did encounter a leak issue however as soon as Melbourne Warranty Manager Glenn recognised the issue went back to the build time, there was no hesitation in a complete/extensive repair at no cost to us even though it was well outside warranty. I have never experienced service like it. We have lived in it full time as our home since purchase..the 23 sq/ft of bench space suit my wife's cooking needs, it tows like a dream and offers the most user friendly layout that we couldn't improve on. If you have an issue with JB, just politely ask for help and see what happens....Just BRILLIANT.

JB caravan update

We have given the 21ft Dirtroader a warranty shakedown. Just been to Flinders Ranges, Birdsville and now on way back to BRISBANE.
This trip has been 6,000 K and the van has been fantastic. Went on rough and dust roads. The only dust to penetrate was through the fridge vent, which is my issue and not JB's. So all in all the quality and finish and strength cannot be question. Would have no problem recommending this van.

JB caravans are just that - JUST BRILLIANT

We recently purchased a 20ft 6 Scorpion from JB Caravans at Caboolture. The sales and delivery staff were excellent and attended to our every wish. We took it for a shakedown on the dustiest and roughest roads we could find. Absolutely no problems and not one sign of any dust inside whatsoever (can't say the same for the outside). Since had a service and their staff could not do enough for us. Should be named JTB - JUST THE BEST.

First trip in our JB 19ft dirt roader

Up thru Lyndhurst on to Strzelecki into Innamincka camped on Cooper, off to Noccundra, then Thargomindah, then Yowah, Toompine, Quilpie, Charleville, Mitchell, Roma, then into Dicky beach,back down to Wagga Wagga camped on Murrumbidgee, pump played up, phoned JB, into Melbourne JB factory met Glen fixed immediately, smelt gas at cooker, immediately checked including pressure test all OK , went thru factory, cannot fault service, very impressed with van and JB on to Adelaide and home, would recommend JB van excellent . 19'Off road,3.2t susp, 3tanks, 3solar panels, 2spares, 6"chassis, leather, great layout , all good so far. Traveled approx 7500 km including many free camps.

Pre delivery checks very poor

Flooring holes not sealed solar incorrectly wired, brake cable rubbing against tyre, cheap batteries, shockers not suited to off road van, all strip lighting had to be replaced, we have had huge costs all extra within two years that we should not have had to endure. Two chargers have been replaced which could have been avoided if pre delivery check had been done. Very disappointing

No Stabilizer Bars Not Satisfactory

Take care when taking delivery of your JB. I was badly advised. When the van was hitched to my Disco 2 the ball weight was so heavy that the tow bar was almost scraping the ground. The workmen then turned my tow bar over, so it was higher off the ground and I was sent on my way; with my front wheels only just on the ground. I then had to make my own arrangements to have stabilizer bars attached. This should have been done pre delivery as I believe I was not roadworthy when I left the factory. Staff in Queensland told me they always fit stabilizer bars, so why not the factory in Melbourne.

This is simply not satisfactory.

JB Dreamline Experience

It is now 12 Months since we took delivery of our new JB 206 Dreamline Caravan.
We have previously brought 3 new vans and were very particular about layout and
quality when purchasing this new Caravan.
This JB product satisfied all our requirements and our experience through Quoting,
Purchasing and Delivery went to plan and was handled very easily and professionally.
We travelled to Central Queensland on our first trip and were delighted with the way
the caravan handled.
All the fittings were of very good quality, a problem with the microwave oven was
quickly sorted out with a phone call to JB. A new microwave was delivered to us
in a caravan park at Woodgate Qld.
The after sales service was excellent, with a few minor problems being rectified
under warranty on the first service on our return.
We strongly support Wencent and his team at Craigieburn and are confident all
future dealings will be as professionally handled.
We would have no hesitation in recommending JB Caravans to our friends.

This review is as we hoped it would be to congratulate JB Personal

Dishonest Salesman!!!

I recently purchased a used van only 2 year old, guaranteed it was in excellent condition.When towing van empty it fish tailed madly near causing an accident on freeway.Contacted salesman his remedy was just manually operate trailer brakes!!!!!!Contacted previous owner and found out the problem was there from day one.He told me he was sick of the lack of interest in trying to get it fixed and traded it on another van,and low and behold it was the same salesman who sold it to me as sold it new,knowing full well of the serious problem with the van. Beware of jb sales people they prepared to tell you anything to get a sale!!!!!

JB Caravan 20ft Dirt Roader

We purchased our new van and took delivery in November 2014. We are happy with our caravan, it tows and handles well. We are extremely happy with the layout. It does have a number of minor things that require attention but I think that is with most new vans. We have been extremely happy with the service given by the Caboolture Team both from the ordering and handover of the van to the service department. Spoke to the Service Department person today and he was very obliging and assured us that the warranty work will be completed. He was more than happy to book the van in at a time to suit us to have these minor repairs rectified. The service shown to us this far has been very professional and we feel confident that the repairs will reflect the same.
Just returned our van to JB Caravans Caboolture for a number of little things to be fixed under warranty. Must say we drove away feeling confident that these problems would be handled professionally. Couldn't fault the team at JB Caboolture.

Picked up the van this week. What a great service given by Bill and the team at JB Caravans Caboolture. We are delighted with the finish and minor repairs that have been done. We have no hesitation in recommending the team at Canoolture.We've had this caravan now for 11 months and continue to be very happy with it. There has never been any question in having warranty work completed promptly.

JB Scorpion 17ft10 suits Prado Weights

"Just Brilliant" like it says We absolutely love our new Scorpion It has everything we needed without add on extras costing extra The design engineers did lots of changes for us Eg extra solid Outside Handle including one next to shower A Double Step Full Fridge lifted up higher We have a leather Lounge No mirrors in robes Full Oven Washing Machine and a very efficient shower and toilet A fusion stereo system with USB DVD/cd IPod Dock Inside Outside Marine Speakers An Awning 22" Led Fusion Flat Screen TV
It met our TARE weight for our Diesel Toyota Prado
Small items needed fixing under warranty which was easily done

Very very bad caravans

You can tell everything cheap in the caravans we have bought caravan from this campony I would not recommend to anybody. They caravans leak and having brake problem the stove doesn't work. We have paid $59,000 and many many problems we come cross. Until they sold us the van they were very very help full after the problems started 3 months time we spoke the owner [name removed] they are very very unproffecinal and they asked us to pay money to get it fixed when it was still under warranty. We are disgusted I wouldnt not recommend this campony to anybody our other friend also had similar problems. Very bad customer service.

Leaking water stove didint work brake wasn't working

Had Everything we wanted

Purchased a JB 17"10 scorpion in January could not be happier the van had everything we were looking for and could be pulled by our 2009 Prado have only taken it on a few small trips so far but everything has worked well added a gas heater and ESC braking system Travelled well over dirt roads
Very comfortable towed well

Scorpion

Picked up my 20ft scorpion 2 weeks ago from the factory.It was a long weekend and they were very busy. We had a few things that had to be altered and the firm were more than obilging Towed the van back to Perth and had a wonderful time. It was my 6th van ; you would think I would get it right. This van did all I wanted and then some. Could not be happier and see me and the missus having wonderfull trouble free holidays. oh what a feeling. You need a serious tug for these brutes

Could not fault the van

Check Your Handbrake

Initial purchase of van and first service was great and we have been fairly happy with our purchase, however recent after sales servicing has not been ideal and a disappointment.

After taking our 18 month old Dreamtime to JB's requiring servicing we had continuing problems with overheating brakes. JB's brake man ensured me that he had fixed it and tightened the manual brake handle to 3 clicks. Still the overheating occurred.
I read Alko owners manual and found recommendation from manufacturer had not been followed.
Manual recommends,
'that the brake handle engages in the 5th or 6th notch of the coupling from the towball end - not closer. "failure to adjust the cable tension in this manner will, through suspension movement on both independent suspension and beam axle with leaf springs, cause the brake shoes to be partially actuated and excessive heating of the brake drums to occur. Prolonged use, if incorrectly adjusted, will cause initially the back (secondary shoe) to overheat to the extent of disintegration of the brake lining.

This is exactly what has occurred to our van.

I would recommend that if you have a JB van or had your van serviced at JB's to check your brake handle to ensure they have not made the same mistake with your van, as this has cost us replacement of worn pads and several trips back and forth to Melbourne for warranty work.

All work post service was done, and parts replaced free of charge. A token payment for fuel was made, but I believe JB's need to lift their game in several areas of the after sales servicing.