JBL Charge 3

MPN: 3284060

vrxbeachboy

vrxbeachboy

Great speaker But JBL need to allow firmware upgrade to Party BOOST

Great battery life fantastic sound for the size and solid build quality but will not connect with my New Flip 5 and I hate that ! if I had done the research before I would have purchased a flip 4 or 3 or even a different brand.
Its bad that JBL don't allow an upgrade to the newer party boost software surely the hardware is the same.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$130.00.

Paddy

PaddyNew South Wales

Great sound but short battery life and bass reverbing after 2yrs.

Great sound, cant fault that.
But after a little over 2 years the battery lasts only 1 or 2hrs now from full charge. Used to go 20hrs.
Also, the bass is starting to reverberate a bussing sound.
A friend has one too and the same problems.
Disappointing having to buy another after only 2 years. )-:
After one year I would rate it 5 stars but now 2yrs have passed and its failing its only a 3 star sadly.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys.

Kaytlyn

KaytlynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it

My MacBook Pro has begun to muffle the sound, my partner got me a JBL speaker to play my Netflix through and boy does it give that surround sound feel. It’s easy to connect to devices, the sound is crisp and clear, and it stays charged for hours on end. Would 100% recommend

Purchased in January 2018.

Amy C

Amy CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The item husband wanted and I didn’t think we needed!

My husband wanted a portable speaker which has decent quality sound.

I was unsure it was needed, however I have been the one using it for the last 2 days straight

It’s easy to connect to a device. You can control the sound level either on the unit itself or on your phone which is handy when your not near the speaker itself.

The sound quality is amazing.

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer.

Bushin

BushinSydney, NSW

Good speaker

Good speaker for the price lacks a little in high range frequencies but great mids and lows pair it with a flip 4 in the same room and its a great combo. Good build quality.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Furniture for A$120.00.

mario

marioGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

great sound & good battery life & splash proof

I wanted the larger extreme but it was to expensive, so i got the charge 3. No regrets here. Very pleased with its performance all round. Its a bit heavy for the back pack, so lucky i didn't get the larger extreme. Blue tooth pairing is easy. The startup and shutdown tune is the only complaint, way too loud. Be aware there are many knock offs in the markets and online, they have a different JBL logo and weigh 1/2 as much as the original but otherwise look the same.

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$158.00.

Jen

JenVictoria

It is good

It has a really nice and loud sound and connects fast with any Type of devices and it is easy to carry around and fun for listening to music out loud and ect

Purchased in September 2018 for A$30.00.

nee

nee

Great in and outdoors

Purchased in January 2019 at Officeworks Online store for A$129.00.

Brad

BradSydenham

Bloody brilliant

I bought this for $139 on sale on Boxing Day.
Great build quality and excellent sound.
Easy set up literally took maybe 2minutes.
Competes with my sonos play 5 gen 1 obviously not as loud but for that price wow what a product. Great battery life and the bonus of being waterproof.
I didn't no which speaker to pick but glad I picked this one.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Josh

JoshVIC, 3174

Super

This is a fantastic speaker. JBL has truly hit a home run with this one. I have a charge 2, a clip, and I've had a JBL Xtreme for about 4 months. This speaker is far superior to the Charge 2. It has a much fuller sound without the boosting of the bass and treble. The mids were lacking with the Charge 2 and it will not get nearly as loud as the Charge 3. This speaker has much better battery life, is completely waterproof, and allows for linking to my Xtreme..

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Robyn_White

Robyn_WhiteAU

Best $150 I've spent.

Have been studying portable speakers for a few weeks as my old gal(8 yrs) finally gave up the ghost. It came down to two choices,JBL or Bose. After reading many,many reviews I went with the Charge. OMG, what a machine! It has been going for 3,9 hour days in the packing shed, and still has 2 bars of charge left in it!! Not only that, if we accidentally hit it with the hose, it doesn't matter( completely waterproof). Great sound, great quality,love it. I think a few of my coworkers are putting one on their Christmas wish list this year.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Kelly H

Kelly H

5 stars

Really happy with this product.
Great sound. Great design. Great functionality. Great price!
Easy to connect and use. Very sturdy and easy to hold and carry around. Holds it's charge for ages!
Only wish it came with a carry bag! Very happy customer and would recommend to anyone looking for a great portable bluetooth speaker.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Stace Vargas

Stace VargasAdelaide

Great value Bluetooth speaker

Great value for money. A good quality Bluetooth speaker with good bass & durability. It is solid, looks good has a good amount of volume a choice of colours is handy for everyone.
It has good battery life, connects easily with phone by Bluetooth.
It does have an annoying start up sound that is quite loud but otherwise a great value product.
Speakers are made by Harman for JBL an American company who also make speakers used in AKG headphones , always great quality speakers

JMAC30

JMAC30Perth, WA

Excellent sound, easy to use and great quality

The JBL produces excellent sound from my android and iphone. Easy to connect and use, has USB charging capability and number of connection to power choices including USB. The quality of the sound is excellent, is robust and I have used mine at a BBQ (with my phone in my bag), in the garden (with my phone in the kitchen). Also has heaps of battery life and looks sleak.

Derk

DerkPerth

Good Quality & Mega Sound Per Size

Pretty impressed with the sound quality output compared to it's size, seems to be louder and more competitively priced than other similar brands. We also have the larger model (JBL Extreme) but would probably only buy this one again as it is a lot lighter and the sound is nearly as good.

Melly

Melly

Its all about that bass

Got one of these for my birthday and I LOVE IT!! Having a Bluetooth speaker has been the best thing ever for in the home while im cooking or cleaning, great for an outdoor party, fantastic in the shower lol. Was so happy with it I got my mum one too. Would love to get myself another to connect them together for surround sound.

anon

anonTownsville

Solid speaker but noisy startup sound!

I've had this about a month and travelled around Tasmania with it in the car for a week. Good solid speaker that doesn't feel like it's going to break easily. Good sound even at high volume. Great that you can charge your phone/tablet while playing music. Bluetooth pairing is quick and reliable. There is a very annoying sound/tune that it plays when it starts up and shuts down. No matter how quietly the volume is set on the speaker, the startup sound is at max volume and you can't turn it down or turn it off. The internet is full of people complaining about the same thing. Otherwise good speaker.

John

JohnVermont

Good Sound Quality for the size and build

Bought the Charge 3 recently after comparing several other brands within the similar price range. This is a very well built unit with good sound quality for it's size. Good balance between portability and water resistance as we will be using it for camping trips. Nice feature with charge capability for phone/camera while away from mains power source.

Date PurchasedJan 2018