Jetstar Domestic

Jetstar Domestic

See the Best Domestic Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bad service and rude staff

After standing in long queue at jetstar check in for 1/2 hr. Only 2 staff on counters. We got to counter and they would not let us board as apparently to late. They said they had called for passengers to go to front of line but we certainly didn’t hear it. Then had to rebook for later flight. This was then over an hr delayed. Very Unhelpful staff talking over the top of my complaint. Took ages once plane landed to open doors. More delay. Absolutely unprofessional airline. Would not fly with them again. Very stressful day for my family.

Wish I could give this 1 star

I had booked a flight from Sydney to Melbourne which was cancelled by the airlines. When I asked to process a refund, I wasn't refunded the "carbon offset" charges. I argued with the rep (which is usually a waste of time these days) as to why they keep these fees when there was no carbon emissions from a cancelled flight, she just advice to go and check the "conditions" on their website. Not to mention that the rep was extremely rude when I followed up with questions. Do yourself a favor and pay a little extra for some customer respect.

BookingThrough Airline

Not even worth the one star !!!

Terrible airline - and I have travelled the world. Rude staff who Legitimately LIE if they don’t know the answer. The airline is almost always delayed! Never again to use Jetstar

Absolute Joke of an Airline

Trying to book on line just getting unknown error, doesn't state what the error is so hard to fix. Rang to get help booking to be told I can't get the same price about $50 more each way but they will give me a credit note for the next time I fly with them, Lucky I got a flight with Virgin a little bit more expensive but worth every cent. looking at the other reviews why would you bother

Great air staff unfortunately bumped out of seat TWICE, business class ,NEVER AGAIN. Its not Business Class

The food was rubbish, air staff were good, pen marks on the back of business seats. Check in staff friendly but lacks the ability to answer any questions. Information desk were not helpful and not caring.

DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia
ClassBusiness Class
BookingThrough Airline

Worst Airline And Service Ever!

I live in Melbourne and get 1 Saturday off a month around my busy schedule and on that Saturday I do a day trip to visit my fiance at the Goldcoast and the flight got cancelled, the staff said due to technical difficulties and the email said staffing requirements, so I don't, yet alone they don't even know why the flight has been cancelled, just tales. A company ran by kids, the assistant didn't even offer me an alternative just an empty apology, it's just a matter of time before this ship sinks because prior to this I was patient enough to put up with their flight delays but after this never ever again will I fly with Jetstar, I urge the same for everyone else, take this as a warning.

Very poor

Flew Jetstar on Thursday afternoon arrived ok,flight home to Melbourne was ment to be 8.40 pm it changed there was no notification that the flight was delayed till 9 pm it went to for different gates in half an hour that’s what you get for a dodge airline!

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia

Bad call center service

Very disappointed! Customer service hang up on my call! Jetstar sent me an email this afternoon to force me to change the flight. The only option is the following day. I called the Jetstar call center and the customer service staff told me the only option I have is to choose the following day flight or get a refund. I told Jetstar I don’t live in Adelaide and I would like to go back home on the same day. The customer service staff still keep telling me those are the only two options. I said Jetstar push customer to change flight and not looking after customer at such as providing accommodation. She said yes, it’s under the condition of the carriage. Then I ask if the Jetstar flight can change their flight schedule and can’t guarantee on all flight time is that correct? She said yes, it’s under the condition of carriage. And again, she hung up on me without telling me any reason.So Jetstar Australia , all your cancellation, flight time changed without reason or bad customer service can be covered under Condition of Carriage? Lost trust again with this company. Very disappointed customer been treated like this and push customer to the dead end.

BookingThrough Airline

seduce me to buy the ticket through the phone

jetstar staff seduce me to buy the ticket through the phone and promise me that i can have a voucher $50 to cover my baggage, he said the voucher can not use right away so he asked me to call him back later. And i paid the ticket with him $40 higher than on website. then when i received the voucher and i called them back immediately, the staff saying that i need to pay extra $5 service fee which in total $53, means that i need to pay extra $3, otherwise he suggests me to go on the website to add baggage by my own. and it becomes $62 when i followed his instruction. holy....... i really wanna say some bad words to express my anger. i feel like i am totally fooled by their staff.

DestinationHobart TAS, Australia

Bit cheap

We booked our return flights thru Qantas but the first flight was designated to fly with Jetstar.
We knew we had to buy food on board flight so brought our own but were shocked to discover we did not get any water or cuppa without having to pay.
There was no inflight entertainment either.
Considering our return flight home was with Qantas and included lunch, water and cuppa and inflight entertainment we are annoyed that we paid exact same price each way.

Also, staff were somewhat brusque on Jetstar compared to Qantas.

DestinationCairns QLD, Australia
BookingThird Party

Looking how to strip every penny from you.

Whilst appears to be cheap at the first glance there is many hidden ways they will try to get money from you.
I.e seat or overweight language. Be careful when booking online and be careful when packing your language. They have a team of language hunters on the gate and will make a life miserable for any extra pound of weight.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

Do not deserve even one star

I have a broken leg. Tib and Fib spiral fracture. Had to cancel my booking. No empathy or compassion whatsoever. Yes I realise Jetstar are a budget airline. Yes I do have travel insurance. I could cancel my booking and rebook for a fee of $85. Seriously profiting form peoples misfortunes. So they get my cancellation plus the opportunity to rebook my ticket. On reading all these reviews I will never ever use Jetstar again. Cheap airfares but you run the risk of being charged for an excess of 500gms, your flight being cancelled. I also note on facebook that some lucky people do get allowances for adverse personal circumstances but not all. I see that as inconsistent on their part and totally unfair. Should you want to speak to someone you end up trying to talk to a machine. All in all totally frustrating when you are already frustrated. Pay a bit extra, walk, ride a bike but do not use this airline you are potentially setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

A rotten, uncaring and airline with complicated/non existing refund procedures.

I had to cancel a booking due to medical reasons. Too bad was the reply from Jetstar even though I had a medical certificate and gave ample time. Jetstar were able to resell my seat. They kept my money, probably re sold the seat. I'd have gotten more satisfaction if the seat had been left empty on the flight.

BookingThrough Airline

Avoid booking by phone due to fees,

This afternoon I checked online for ADL to Melb, site froze due to high amount of other users, panicked and booked by phone instead, ouch around $80.00 extra. Lesson learnt.

Unreliable

Boarded flight back to Brisbane, my carry on luggage was 0.9 kg overweight. The lady at the front services desk said this okay and not to worry, however, when upon boarding my suitcase got reweighed and they made me pay an extra $60 dollars in the spot! Some consistency would be greatly appreciated! Won’t be flying again with this airline.

Rip Off Merchants!

What an absolute joke!
After the service I received from the rude people at the plane gate then charged $60 for 2kg of carry on luggage after being extorted to choose a seat, exactly the same carry on luggage flown twice with on Jetstar in the last 24 hours!
I will never fly with Jetstar ever again. Price gouging and taking advantage of your customers is an absolute disgrace!
The only service Jetstar provides is ways to fill their bank accounts!
What a joke.

BookingThrough Airline

TERRIBLE! Expect to pay extra costs due to their delays.

Would not recommend jetstar to anyone who wants carefree flight process!

*Delays*
- OVER 9 hour delayed flight (with little to no reimbursement). Flight scheduled to leave at 8pm - delayed to a 5am departure.
- Due to the delayed 10 hour flight, we missed our next JETSTAR connecting flight back home (that I purposely booked later in the day in case of any MINOR delays).

*Reimbursement refusal*
- They refused to pay any reimbursement for accommodation/expenses (in a location that we were connecting from) DUE to NO flights available with them.
- Refused to book us with any other airline (our flights were non-refundable). So it was either loose $600 dollars or $2,000. We OBVIOUSLY chose the cheaper option.
- Lost over $600+ dollars due to their delays and incompetence. After our holiday had to fork out more money than initially planned.
- Would only reimburse items with receipts (even written ones). Pathetic, due to coming from an OVERSEAS country that's based around cash - not all restaurants accepted card/no printed receipt.

*Meal credits in flight - Not telling the customer*
- Domestic & International flights, we had the drama of having to continually ask them about out $15 meal credit. They would tell you to pay until you reminded them about your credit. Unprofessional considering they have an Ipad right in front of their faces.

Won't ever be flying with them again.

Canceled flight

They Canceled my flight then had the audacity to offer me a voucher in return.
After an hr on the phone in disgust they decided to put my money back on my card.
Missed a whole days work because of this and could have lost my job.
And I rebook using tiger airways and as I get to the airport I see people checking in through jet star???. Liars or double booked who knows, no explanation.
Unreliable jet star get your act together

DestinationAdelaide SA, Australia
BookingThird Party

Extortionate Policies: Save Your Money and Pay for a more Expensive Airline

The company runs a reasonable service: cheapish flights with acceptable comforts for the majority of people. Some of their policies, however, are on the extortionate side, presumably for the purpose of balancing the cheap flights they offer.

For example, my partner recently flew to Melbourne to see an international family member. We are doing it somewhat tough financially and it was a decision made given the sale price of the fare.

With carry-on baggage only, my partner was randomly selected to have her baggage weighed and measured. Being only 2kgs over she was charged MORE THAN THE PRICE OF THE FLIGHT if she wanted to board. Given the conditions of the situation, this easily satisfies the definition of extortion. Within loose reason, the customer is always going to want to get onto the plane and is offered no other means to do so without paying the fee requested.

I understand the importance of staying within bag limits and my partner accepts fault for not checking her bag. This is no doubt an aspect of airline operations where customers can game the system. However difficult though, the honus is on Jetstar to determine if a customer is intentionally attempting to defy their baggage policies, in which case such large fees are warranted. Where there is such a small unintentional deviation the fee should be an acceptable amount given the nature and price of the flight. I would expect the company to have a better strategy for managing this issue in a way that treats its customers fairly.

This occurrence significantly impacted my partners trip and we will be avoiding Jetstar until such policies are changed. My advice, which appears counterintuitive on the surface, is to save money and pay for a more expensive airline.

BOYCOTT JETSTAR

Please explain how when flying Brisbane to Townsville with 1 underweight checked in bag 1 carry on and 1 DSLR Camera there is NO extra charge and yet when flying TVL - BNE after checking in early, early enough to sit in the coffee shop inside the airports secure area and when the flight is called goes to the Gate only to be told he has to Pay an additional $60 for the Camera. This is immoral this is entrapment and I will be posting this story until this is rectified.

DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia