Jetstar Domestic

• In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi
Philippa

Philippa

They Cancelled my flight and will only give credit note

Have flown Jetstar numerous times and never had a problem!
Now they have cancelled my flights and will only give me a credit note. I’ve also lost accomodation costs which I can’t recover as it was Jetstars decision to cancel not mine.
I’ve been on Jetstar messenger for 4 hours and no response.
They have issued me a credit note only.
Avoid them as they take your money then don’t supply what you paid for and will only give you a credit note $822 loss plus accommodation- very unhappy Jetstar!

DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia

Avoid at all costs

I have been struggling to get my flights to home for many weeks due to COVID-19 situation. They cancelled my flight (connecting me to the only flight back to home) without any notification less than 24 hour before the departure! They told me my chances are to book another flight for over half of the price to a flight which will probably also get cancelled. No refunds. You cant get through any phone lines What an unprofessional company , avoid!!

DepartureBallina Uusi Etelä-Wales, Australia
DestinationSydney Uusi Etelä-Wales, Australia
Robbo

RobboSydney Surrounds, NSW

A rip off. Boycott them so they go out of business.

DestinationDarwin NT, Australia

Terrible customer servie

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia
oya

oya

Staff manner

Hi
Last night i was seated between two men and therewas used mask at the front of me. After everyone seated i moved to front seat with nobody at all 3 seats for health relate esp this Covid19 time. A thin blond hair staff came quick said "did you hear PA!" i said no sorry. She told "move back to your seat!!" i like... Ummm.. Didn't you have little bit of manner to speak with a customer or ask why do i have to move.(cause you not clean the seat from last passenger!! Its hygienic reason.) after i moved back, more than 15 mins before all staffs gave safety instruction so i dont know why she pick me to cranky about??? All others staffs been very kindafterward though

NO BANK REFUND

Margaret

Margaret

Can't get the credit voucher as offered by Jetstar.

Been trying for days now to get a credit voucher for my upcoming trip to and from NSW (as offered to me by Jetstar). I am so annoyed with Jetstar - have been following the instructions on numerous occasions to get the voucher without success and keeps telling me I have to pay $70.00 to proceed - like WTH. If this isn't sorted out by the deadline of the 31/03/2020 and I lose my money I will NEVER use this company again. I would like someone to contact me to sort this out - I've even tried their chat/help line without success. Saying I'm disappointed is an understatement! Just give me what you offered!!!!

Managing my booking

I am unable to change or cancel my booking through manage booking option. I also couldn't contact the customer care. Jetstar should have been customer friendly in this COVID-19 situation instead it is stealing customers' money.

Neil

Neil

Can’t complain.

You complain - literally - when it comes to Jetstar. I tried to contact them about them owing me a refund not a voucher as they promised me. Can’t find an email method. Tried the chat method. They are too busy. Tried the complaint method. Takes you to the chat method.
Then I found the on-line assistant method. Great! Only it tells me that my booking reference is not recognised ........ that is because jetstar cancelled the flight and the booking, promising to refund me the money.
Aaarrrrrggghhhhh.

Dreadful

Dreadful airline with dreadful staff. Avoid if possible. Slugged an extra $65 for baggage being slightly over 7kg and not being checked in, irrespective of the total weight difference to the plane (nil). There was absolutely no sympathy when it was explained there was no return QANTAS option where the 7kg weight limit isn’t an issue. If it isn’t a technical issue, then it is obviously just an opportunistic cash grab.

DepartureGold Coast QLD, Australia
DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
toni

toni

very disappointed

very disappointed how they are dealing with processing refunds. No communication at all, no phone call, no email. It’s been 6 days and still can’t get in contact with them

DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia
Ritesh

RiteshPerth, WA

Very Bad customer service.

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia
DestinationPerth WA, Australia
Booking Through Airline

Terrible!!!!! Would leave 0 Stars if I could!!!

DestinationAvalon Airport, Beach Road, Lara VIC, Australia
peter

peterHobart, TAS

Good response for a budget ticket

Jetstar allowed us to rebook a new fare without penalty in 6 months time to avoid the current crisis. I had to wait about 50 minutes on the phone to speak to someone but I can only imagine how many people are ringing at the same time. I think they are doing their best in this horrible situation.

DepartureHobart TAS, Australia
DestinationAdelaide SA, Australia
Dollee

DolleeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fly another airline

Jetstar are really an appalling airline. It really is false economising, for the small amount less than Qantas & Virgin you pay in other ways.
Let us be a warning to you - fly any other airline other than Jetstar!!!

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationSydney NSW, Australia

Horrible Customer Service

I needed to change my flight and it has taken Jetstar over an hour to answer their phone. I have been made to listen to ads for over half an hour. Terrible customer service!

DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

Rip off and horrible customer service

Rip off would not recommend this air line. I paid and bought extra 15kgs for my flight when I went to check in I was told to go to the gate. When I went to the gate they told me that my bag was 9kgs which is 2kgs over approved limit. (note: I still had 15kgs that I pre purchased) the women at the gate was rude and didn’t listen tome cut me off and said I had to pay $65 for the 2kgs. This was a 6am flight. horrible customer service and this is how they make money by ripping people off. DO NOT recommend and will not be ever using jet star.

DepartureAuckland, New Zealand
DestinationWellington, New Zealand
PHILJ

PHILJGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lack of compassion corona virus cancellations

Booked a flight through flight center for 9 to Sydney return to Melb for a 15 day cruise,
After spending 3 hours on the phone,was finally told by a consultant,we don't give refunds or credits and we would have to use the flight which is 1 week away,where do people go when there is a world wide pandemic? The I don't seem to care consultant could not tell me,we got credits or refunds from,the cruise line, motel, car parking,
And even the travel insurer, why are jet star the most incompassionate company that
I have ever dealt with?Well next time I wont have a problem giving virgin the $1700 +that
We can kiss goodbye for using Jetstar

Booking Third Party
Josh

JoshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless

Ground staff threatened to call the feds when I wanted confirmation about if my daughter would sit near me on a new flight when they canceled our original trip, the ground staff were rude not helpful and couldn’t confirm anything. Will never fly them again

DepartureCoolangatta QLD, Australia
DestinationPerth WA, Australia
Unhappy

UnhappyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Why I will never travel with Jetstar again

Ian

Ianasked

Are you all undisciplined arrogant excuses for humans that make up the team or is it just a small number intimidating those that actually deserve jobs. So police for example stop collecting revenue to make a point, teachers give 3 months notice so it can be done orderly, train and boat teams used to stop collecting fares and checking tickets - shall I go on.... You dont have to be smart to be thugs and thats what they call people who go along with holding innocent people to ransom so you can advantage yourself. So my question is, is that how you want the public to see you everytime you walk around in a Jetstar uniform? If not get rid or the people that would subscribe to these standover tactics. Just think - stopping your money grab exercises with luggage, poor quality food etc would have scant a financial message to you employer and you would have actually had the public supporting you. Not now, you left children crying, holidays these people have scrapped together for age ruined, people in wheelchairs for hours that couldnt even hold their heads straight, frightened and exhausted elderly purely wanting to seed their loved ones again - unfortunately in some cases for the last time, people with weddings, funerals to go to. Are you proud and dont blame Jetstar - you did this - and people hate you for it.

Kelly B.

Kelly B.asked

How can you justify charging 60 dollars at the gate for a few kilos of hand luggage? It makes your customers feel held to ransom and I know I will never fly with you again.

Gay
Gay

Same here I watched them make all passengers on two flights out of Hobart evening of 12 Sept 2019. I was charged $60 for my handbag. They would have made thousands that night by the number of people having to pay. First and last time with them for me. Certainly live up to their bad reputation.

Carmel P

Carmel Pasked

Instead of my Cabin Baggage and Handbag, may I take a Flower Arrangement on board
Measuring 30inches (h) and 15inches (w)

Yogagirl
Yogagirl

In my experience they struggle to get passengers to their destination in a timely manner. I expect floral arrangements will wilt waiting more than six hours in a humid airport to board.

Get an answer from our members and Jetstar representatives

Other Domestic Airlines