Jetstar Domestic

Jetstar Domestic

See the Best Domestic Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Never fly Jetstar

DepartureAdelaide SA, Australia

Atrocious

Taylor

TaylorSydney, NSW

i kick myself for booking with them again

My flight today was cancelled with a few hours notice and the only options are to travel tomorrow. It cuts your holiday short and adds hours of extra travel for my toddler. I have had issues with this airline before and I wish I had not booked with them again!

Abi G.

Abi G.Perth, WA

Poor customer handling

My flight was cancelled due to technical issues. That's OK and all, but their handling of the customers was very poor. Customers were left stranded in the airport, no explanation for refund process or transfer to the next flight, so I have to book another flight myself. Applied for a refund and it's not been solved for 2 weeks. Refund application is tricky as you have to ask 'Jess' and live chat was not helpful either, so slow and waste of my time.

DeparturePerth Airport (PER), Perth Airport Australia Barat, Australia
DestinationMelbourne Victoria, Australia

Never Fly Jetstar

BookingThrough Airline

Don't fly with these airline they will leave you in tears

It doesn't get any better than this we have cancelled the flight due to pilot illness good work way to retain customers. If you fly with them you too run to risk or being succumbed to their mercy and it will end in tears for you mentally and finically

DepartureCoolangatta QLD, Australia

GJR

GJRSydney, NSW

Sale fare debacle

I decided to take advantage of the Black Friday sale to book a return trip.
Three times the system crashed with an error message. Each time it crashed, the fare increased. I decided to complain via Jetstars on line chat which appears to be the only way to contact Jetstar. Over an hour on chat with someone from overseas that couldn't understand my complaint. The respondent advised there are limited seats on sale fares but as I explained, the same number of seats were still available, it was the Baggage component that increased each time the system crashed.
I eventually found a phone number for Jetstar to complain & couldn't understand the person on the phone.
This wasted several hours of my time with no apology from Jetstar.

DepartureSydney Airport (SYD), Sydney NSW, Australia
DestinationQueensland, Australia

LeArrows

LeArrowsAU

Dirty planes, awful service, uncomfortable seats, not even cheap

At the gate fine of $65 for an 8kg (rather than 7kg) carry on total including my small handbag. Comparable fares with Virgin include 23kg check in allowance. Plane was filthy with potato chips ground into the carpet. Gates tend to be the furthest away at the airport and they'll charge you for anything from selecting a seat to sneezing without permission.

Olawale O.

Olawale O.Sydney, NSW

Payment for extra luggage at the gate

I think this is just a terrible airliner. We were made to pay $65 at the gate for a carry on that weighed 2kg extra. It felt like the staffs were being payed an incentive for every extra fee they brought the company in penalties..
I do not see any customer loyalty from jetstar.
It would be great if all their staffs could take a customer service course.

DepartureSydney Airport (SYD), Sydney NSW, Australia
Ian

IanSydney, NSW

Felt ripped off!

I had 20kg of hold baggage booked but decided to take my bag in as cabin baggage. However, the total weight of my cabin baggage went over 7kg. They charged me $65 at the gate. Won't fly with them again.

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia

HHào A.

HHào A.Sydney, NSW

No compensation plans for cancellation flights

Flight from Sydney to Gold coast. We planned a 2 nights getaway for a girl friends 40th birthday. Jetstar cancel on us reasons being bad weather, they offer replacement flight the next afternoon. But whats the point in that when we already booked accommodation, car hired...etc
It gets worse when we were offered vouchers refund not cash, after this experience I won't be flying with Jetstar again so what's the use of your voucher?
However we managed to fly that night with Qantas cost us extra $390/each which Jetstar never compensated.
One question Jetstar cancel because of bad weather then how come Qantas was still flying?!? Never fly Jetstar, unreliable they will mess up your schedule & you'll end up paying more.

APL

APLSydney, NSW

Cancelled flights but will not refund.

Jetstar delayed by Sydney to Brisbane flight by 2 days, through repeated cancellations and rebookings. I finally got to Brisbane 36 hours late, then, when trying to return to Sydney 2 days later, they again cancelled, rebooked, cancelled again... offered me another flight to a different city 26 hours later again. So I asked for a refund and was told that was possible. I booked and flew with a different airline within a few hours. When I applied online for the refund they said it was not possible because the cancellation was due to weather. Jetstar is refusing to refund the money I have paid for a flight which they cancelled.

DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

Disgraceful

12 of us were flying to a funeral with 24 hours notice. While booking the flight they hiked the prices, and we all ended up paying $70 more each. It gets worse.

The flight was then cancelled. They didn't seem to think this was a problem. They offered us flights 2 days later, and no refund. We begged, asked for anything, asked to speak with Qantas. They didn't care.

We went to Qantas and they took all 12 of us on a flight the next morning free or charge.

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia

Neha

NehaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Crap Service

Jetstar services are going down by the day. You spend so much money to books flights with Jetstar and they have zero idea of customer service.
I book a ticket for my mother and she gets a seat assigned for row 3 and later to accommodate a wheel chair passenger they move my mother to row 35.
For wheel chair jet star should have made adjustment before and not on the spot. And moving another old aged passenger to 30 rows behind is not done.
Seriously jetstar you need to get your services done right. #jetstardramas

BookingThrough Airline

Beware transit requirements between flights on Jetstar domestic

DepartureHobart TAS, Australia
stace

stace

Overcharging

Horrible service and will rip you off with carry on luggage. Their scales are not correct and then charge you last minute fees arguing they weigh more than they do

DestinationHobart TAS, Australia

Noddy

NoddySydney, NSW

Worst airline of all time

Third flight on Jetstar in 3 weeks. I dont think they know themselves when they will board/depart. They keep making expected departure times announcements and keep missing them multiple times every time.

DestinationPerth WA, Australia

annieob08

annieob08Hunter Region, NSW

Never Again

Swore off flying Jetstar 12 months ago after three delayed/cancelled flights one after another. Had no choice this time, and - yep, delayed by 3 hours out of Sydney this morning. The reason this time....as usual..."crew requirements". Likely Jetstar speak for "flight half full, decided to pull it". Should've known better - a triumph of hope over experience. Never again.

Anthony

Anthony

Given a Park and Fly Deal, but it was cancelled after payment was made

My parents were given a park and fly deal. However two days before the international flight, Jetstar said that they were unable to fulfil the park part of the deal after my parents have paid. This has caused a knock-on effect as my parents do not live in the same city as the city of departure for said international flight. So in turn, I have to cancel my plans and drive my parents as there are no other alternatives.
Their flight isn't a holiday trip, it's for business. Yes, they are frequent flyers in business class.

DestinationSaigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
ClassBusiness Class

Kaye

KayeHunter Region, NSW

How they treat the customer