Jetstar Domestic

• In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Musicians + Chef do not fly JETSTAR

If you are a musician or a chef NEVER FLY JETSTAR! Paid oversize fee for my guitar for both ways $50 @ $25 each way coming back I paid $30 to change my checked luggage flight to 30 kg because of my tools..the fee for oversize luggage became null n void and I had to pay another $25 for my guitar. This is extortion of the finest execution..Pay the extra $20 - $100 for another airline...you can only spend your money once..

DepartureAdelaide SA, Australia

Stunned

StunnedSydney, NSW

Unbelievably bad

At the gate in Hobart airport they are weighing carry on. The flight was not full so obviously this is not about safety. The credit card machine next to the scale said it all. They wanted to charge me $65.00 for being one kilo over between the 2 of us so 500gms over each. Seriously! Finally convinced them that this was unreasonable which was something I guess. Maybe it was the look on my face which clearly indicated they had permanently lost me as a customer. As the flight started boarding we noticed that all the late comers did not get weighed at all. Message here...Turn up late. Complete joke!

DepartureHobart TAS, Australia

Avoid at all costs

DepartureCairns QLD, Australia
Clarissa

ClarissaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't travel if with infant.

The $30 per flight infant fee is not clearly shown until you are at the payment page when booking your flight. Also if you have a connecting flight your baggage does not get checked all the way so I ended up at my stop over airport with a baby having to collect a suitcase and car seat to check them back in for the next flight. This is apparently a budget airline but did not work out cheaper than qantas after the extra fees but definitely fell short on service.

DestinationCairns QLD, Australia

Mack

MackSydney, NSW

Most unreliable and incompetent airline

DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia

Leon

LeonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Incompetent website and rip off policies

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia
DestinationSunshine Coast QLD, Australia

Rude and Unfriendly Staff

DeparturePerth WA, Australia

Winter A.

Winter A.Sydney, NSW

Adelaide Terminal

The staff at Adelaide terminal are by far the laziest bunch of morons I've ever met. I asked for help and they did not want to get off their fat butt to help. Who the hell are these people? No wonder Jetstar is going bust. soon enough, No one will use this service, and then no one will have a job and then all they're going to do is sit on their fat butt doing nothing. Disgusting. Disgrace, pathetic, unhelpful, useless.

In-Flight Service
DepartureAdelaide Airport (ADL), James Schofield Drive, Adelaide Airport SA, Australia

Rip off

So apparently now they are weighing your carryons. We had to pay a further $65 as our bags were over. They don’t have to handle our bags. We should of went with Qantas or virgin as it would of been the same price. We’ll have to pay more on the way back

shanek

shanek

Terrible service

Airport staff were terrible in giving my food service. It was late, 11pm, but the staff refused to serve me at the airport terminal. I now hate everything that Jetstar do, f*$k those c#)ts.

DeparturePerth WA, Australia

Mark Roberts

Mark RobertsSouthern and Hills, SA

Appalling Lack Of Customer Service

DepartureAdelaide SA, Australia
DestinationCoolangatta QLD, Australia

Darien

DarienSydney, NSW

You can rely on Jetstar for delayed and cancelled flights.

Another bad experience on Jetstar: delayed evening flight eventually boarded at 8pm only to sit on the gate bay and runway for 1.5 hrs then turned around back to gate. Terrible, then cancelled next morning flight.

Kendra

Kendra

Phone customer service could be better

Called their customer service for the first time to change a flight date and had a very unpleasant time. Called again and got a male staff who was really polite and nice. Also managed to get my flight changed at a better price. So I guess it all worked out!

DestinationTownsville QLD, Australia

Jefferson

JeffersonSydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst ever

The worst company ever! Last time
They just charged me for 1 kg extra and on the way to Melbourne no one asked me anything or check my bags.. just don’t take Jetstar. Last time I promised.

Fatmat45

Fatmat45Sydney

worst airline in australia

the last 12 flights i have taken (in 2 years) all have been delayed or cancelled ... ive now moves to virgin for air travel ... in most cases the staff are rude and unhelpful. what a complete mess of an airline. they should be ashamed of their service. even having passengers line up prior to boarding to have bags weighed and tagged...

Booking Through Airline

Unreliable scheduling and insufficient notice of changes

Reading the reviews below it seems to be a recurring theme
The scheduling is unreliable and there is insufficient notice of delays and cancellations
I experienced a two hour delay on my flight to Melbourne from Hobart with no prior notice given and my return flight was cancelled
- weekend ruined and business lost as a result
Do not use this airline unless you have days to waste and time is not critical

DepartureHobart TAS, Australia

Jennifer A.

Jennifer A.

If you want a delayed or cancelled flight book jetstar

My flight was delayed on the way back from Coolangatta airport. Always seems to be delays and cancellations. But then again that is what I get for choosing a budget airline.

Mick H.

Mick H.South East Queensland, QLD

Jetstar Treat Newcastle Badly

Jetstar offer a product out of Newcastle. The reality is anything ex Newcastle is peripheral to Jetstar’s Customer Service.
We rise at 3:45 to be delayed constantly. Just plain annoying!

DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

Unhappy Phil

Unhappy PhilGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Delayed flight again

Booked a Jetstar flight from Brisbane to Melbourne 21 Jan 2020 against my better judgment having had so many delayed or cancelled flights with Jetstar. Well it happened again. The flight was delayed and delayed. I managed to get on another flight. I don't understand why Jetstar is such an unreliable airline

Angela C.

Angela C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor customer service and not reliable

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia
DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

Ian

Ianasked

Are you all undisciplined arrogant excuses for humans that make up the team or is it just a small number intimidating those that actually deserve jobs. So police for example stop collecting revenue to make a point, teachers give 3 months notice so it can be done orderly, train and boat teams used to stop collecting fares and checking tickets - shall I go on.... You dont have to be smart to be thugs and thats what they call people who go along with holding innocent people to ransom so you can advantage yourself. So my question is, is that how you want the public to see you everytime you walk around in a Jetstar uniform? If not get rid or the people that would subscribe to these standover tactics. Just think - stopping your money grab exercises with luggage, poor quality food etc would have scant a financial message to you employer and you would have actually had the public supporting you. Not now, you left children crying, holidays these people have scrapped together for age ruined, people in wheelchairs for hours that couldnt even hold their heads straight, frightened and exhausted elderly purely wanting to seed their loved ones again - unfortunately in some cases for the last time, people with weddings, funerals to go to. Are you proud and dont blame Jetstar - you did this - and people hate you for it.

Kelly B.

Kelly B.asked

How can you justify charging 60 dollars at the gate for a few kilos of hand luggage? It makes your customers feel held to ransom and I know I will never fly with you again.

Gay
Gay

Same here I watched them make all passengers on two flights out of Hobart evening of 12 Sept 2019. I was charged $60 for my handbag. They would have made thousands that night by the number of people having to pay. First and last time with them for me. Certainly live up to their bad reputation.

Carmel P

Carmel Pasked

Instead of my Cabin Baggage and Handbag, may I take a Flower Arrangement on board
Measuring 30inches (h) and 15inches (w)

Yogagirl
Yogagirl

In my experience they struggle to get passengers to their destination in a timely manner. I expect floral arrangements will wilt waiting more than six hours in a humid airport to board.

Get an answer from our members and Jetstar representatives

Other Domestic Airlines