Jetstar International

AVOID. A "credit voucher" is NOT reimbursement

Milan Stajic

Milan StajicOfficer

Voucher valid 6 months

They canceled our flights to Hawaii due to Coronavirus and send us voucher valid for 6months from today 25th march 2020
Firstly it’s wrong giving voucher not money back.
Secondly 6months valid in this Coronavirus hysteria and pandemic. I won’t be traveling for awhile so good job Jetstar you have free money from Me.

DestinationHawaii, USA
ClassEconomy

Refused to refund ticket for my deceased father.

Advised jetstar of the fact that whilst on holiday, my father passed away and would obviously not require his return international ticket. They would not provide credit to me so as I could attend to his affairs and stated that until I had a death certificate, they could do no more. Upon returning with his ashes, I submitted all requested proof of death to then be advised the refund could only be made to a locked account which will not receive payment and the travel agent in Thailand where he booked his second leg using cash. Three hours on hold for this rubbish. Shame Jetstar, stealing from the dead.

DepartureDarwin NT, Australia
DestinationPhuket, Thailand

LisaGorey

LisaGoreyPerth, WA

Awesome!

Although I booked through Wotif/Expedia for a package holiday, Jetstar/Qantas are giving us a voucher to the value of our flights due to coronavirus cancellation, unlike Wotif/Expedia for our hotel stay! Thank you, awesome.

DeparturePerth WA, Australia
Kalani

KalaniGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Paid for travel insurance and never received insurance certificate. Beware and check for this!

I selected, and paid for Travel Insurance, during the flight booking process.

Prior to leaving in my flight, I requested of Jetstar a copy of the insurance certificate. I was redirected to their insurance provider being AIG. AIG advised me that the insurance had been canceled, although I had paid for it. Jetstar were still hanging onto the insurance money and had not forwarded it to AIG claiming it was a system error.

Please check your flight details carefully to ensure that you have received an insurance certificate when you have booked travel insurance.

DestinationPhuket, Thailand
ClassBusiness Class
Troy

TroyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Always Delayed !!!

Third time in 6 months I have had 30 min -90 min delays on flights internationally and within Australia , not great service at all!! Jetstar needs to get its act together.

Neil M

Neil MSydney, NSW

Customer Service !!!!! Ha !

Absolutely no communication to customers after flight delayed Sydney airport and eventually cancelled after 8 hrs . Will never fly with this Crap airline ever again a bunch of amateur staff

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
BadWolf

BadWolfIllawarra, NSW

So tight...

Went to Bali from Syd. The seat so tight can feel each other skin and elbow. Not very comfortable for long flight. The food is ok. Delayed flight. Very friendly staff in the plane. Food is ok bcz i was starving so didnt think too much of the taste.

Booking Third Party

Dishonesty and theft onboard Jetstar internationsl

I travelled to Auckland using Jetstar with my young son. Upon arrival I realised I had left my duty free onboard. I was told that the cabin crew had located it and to go through security and come back to collect from the baggage desk. I was then told that ‘someone’ had gone back to the plane and claimed it. I am not sure what has happened as Jetstar will not hold their own staff accountable. $300 worth of alcohol and gifts we’re allegedly handed to the wrong person by Jetstar staff. Dishonesty, Poor security and no transparency Jetstar. Shame on you.

Find out how Jetstar International compares to other International Airlines

Terrible airline! Even worse service!

Flight was delayed... delayed... delayed... Then cancelled after 10 hours of waiting with a 2 year old in an airport! The excuses were exactly that - excuses!
Do not book with this airline - absolutely useless!

DeparturePerth WA, Australia

Poor customer service

Our flight to Hawaii was cancelled after making us wait 6 hours in the airport before they had guts to inform us of what was really going on. They kept making different excuses for the delay. They finally told us at 10.30 pm that our 4.30 pm flight was cancelled due to technical issues. We then had to organise accommodation for the night . They told us we would be reimbursed for the cost and when we went to claim were told we were only entitled to $150. Where can you find a room In Melbourne late Friday night for $150, shocking customer experience . Will never fly with them again !!! Disgraced

DestinationHonolulu, HI, USA

Jetstar? Never again!

Booking Third Party

Can't complain about customer service: there is none

I was charged twice for a ticket. The first time was via an agent and Jetstar did not acknowledge it. The second time I paid directly. The problem is: I have been trying to sort this out for two months and so far nothing significant has transpired. The chat line is seriously useless: don't even try it. They demand all the detail and then don't read it. When they read it they don't understand it. It's like talking to a pre-schooler. Maybe it is a pre-schooler. Honestly, best to avoid this airline altogether.

DepartureDenpasar, Denpasar City, Bali, Indonesia
DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

Injured on flight & ignored

Horrible experience and incompetent staff. On my international flight I was struck and injured by falling luggage. They refused any assistance. They denied seeing the incident and didn't even log it!

Joanna V.

Joanna V.

Terrible

DepartureQueenstown, New Zealand

Ralph

RalphGold Coast

Unprofessional care less

Initial call , boarding delayed 15mins ,after 20mins next call , boarding delayed further 20mins. Still no plane visible and been 10 since last call. Should know to minute where plane is, turnaround time etc.

DepartureGold Coast QLD, Australia
DestinationTokyo, Japan
Booking Through Airline

Unreliable with the worst customer service

I will never fly with this airline ever again. This is what I get for flying a budget airline: One minute late and they refused to check me in. One minute and on top of that I had to pay a late fee for another flight the next evening and lost my seat and won’t be refunded that amount. Credit wasn’t even applied to the late fee. Hate them so much.

Shane Crispin

Shane CrispinNortheast, VIC

Terrible Customer Service

ClassBusiness Class
Patty

PattyDrouin

Can add flex bundle to part of multi trip but not to all?

Shen C

Shen CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible experience with the customer centre! No Jetstar ever again

Customer centre full of lies. They promised me call back and never had a call back again. I had to contact hotel direct and to resolve the issue. When I call yesterday afternoon call centre lady [name removed] said revolution team gone home for the day and promised me call me back on next 9am. I’m waiting to resolve my issue for a week now and on hold for a 1hour now. Never book with Jetstar again

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia