JLB Fencing and Timber Supplies

JLB Fencing and Timber Supplies

Cowboys

Had to check out their job completed on a commercial site. With the opportunity for ongoing work, they presented garbage. Had to be pulled out. I hope they are out of pocket. No skill at all.

Pathetic

After weeks of trying to get onto someone in regards to fencing that side of our property we were eventually handed a “notice to fence” stating that they had tried to contact us but not once had we had any form of contact. The fence went up and to tell you I’m disappointed is an understatement. The palings have all started lifting and the bottom plinths have buckled unbelievably. The structural integrity of the fence is also very unsafe to the point the posts and concrete lift out of the ground. I have tried sending emails with photos and videos of the fence and only getting answers such as I have forwarded this to head office. this as it is a very unsafe structure and had no choice if it went ahead or not. I will be forced to take this further as now they have attached a clothesline to it to further damage it.
Not impressed and will refuse to recommend this company to anyone

Worst company I have ever dealt with

4 weeks before moving into my new home, I contacted the builder of the home next door regarding fencing. AHB advised JLB Fencing did their fencing and to contact them for an estimated time of completion.
Left multiple voice messages, sent multiple emails to JLB office, and no response. Never return phone calls.
Fence completed 2 weeks after promised date.
Best go elsewhere

Hi mat we would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the change in production dates this was due to bad weather conditions Kind regards Jlbfencing

Still waiting for our deposit back.

The rudest, most unreliable, company I have ever had any dealings with. I would never , never consider employing this company again.

Read your other reviews, and then say that you do not take deposits, 50% deposits.

Arrogant & rude owner

Unfortunately we have had to deal with JLB fencing in regards to getting payment for a fence we completed ourselves before our next door neighbours moved in. They were contracted by the builder of the other property but we moved in 12 months prior. We didn't want to leave our property unsecured.
I have made numerous phone calls & emails. One conversation, the owner Andrew, tried to tell me that we were 'ripped off' by the company we chose to do the job. We had three separate quotes all in the price range. It's bewildering that he would say that. They have on;y paid us 1/3 of the amount we are owed as he deems it to be fair. We are now being punished & out of pocket nearly $500.00. Everyone else on our property line has paid in full.
It has been 12 months and still nothing...DO NOT HIRE THEM!!

Time waster

Such a bad company I have ever meet. I did waste my two months for my fence with them and finally no contact. I have requested them to do my fence ASAP. Probably that's why they waste my time like this.
Now I have done my fence within a week. And such a great job by A-Comfence.
Thanks JLB to waste my time and leave my kids and family in a unsecured situation at all time last two months.

Amazing Amazing Amazing

I recently had a fence built by JLB fencing after reading these reviews I find them hard to believe. They were swift and punctual, I was blown away with how straight my fence is. James who I believe is the owner called me asking if i was happy with the fence before i even payed for it. I will be referring them to my friends and family. thank you JLB fencing

Rough as guts

Had a fence built by JLB about 6 months ago and it is the roughest job I have had the misfortune of paying for. We had them back to replace some buckled palings, sub-standard joins and other poor workmanship, I suspect they showed up only because we still hadn't paid them. The palings are continuing to buckle, there are huge gaps between the bottom of the palings and the plinth and looking along the length of the fence it is crooked and uneven. We had another fence done by DV fencing and they did a great job.

Unprofessional, rude and arrogant owner

I booked my fencing job well in advance and a week and a half before due commencement date I called the main cc number. Left messages galore and no response until 3 days before scheduled job. Was told " Oh I've actually been overseas for a wedding so I couldn't get back to you. Who runs a business like this??? Then when they did turn up and at the end of the first day they left empty coffee cups and cigarette butts in the backyard. any phone conversations I found rude and abrupt once money collected. Very unpleasant!

Extremely greedy for Money! Beware!!! They will rip you off where they can!

Before I moved into my newly built home, I have contacted my neighbour to share the fencing cost however the neighbour did not get back to me. I had to go ahead and build the fencing. Later on I found out, the builder of the neighbour has paid JLB Fencing in full for the fencing work. As my side of fencing was paid by me to my fencer, JLB Fencing is supposed to pay me half of the cost. I had to call and email JLB Fencing so many times and one day they emailed me saying they will pay me. But after that, no reply on any emails or phone calls. I would have called them more than a hundred times, they are purposely not picking up my calls. No replies to any of my emails. Have contacted the Dispute settlement of Victoria to remediate, JLB Fencing did not reply them too. They took the money for a work they did not do and refuse to pay us. Extremely greedy and I can’t believe they are willing to do this. This has gone for almost 6 months now and I still have not heard from them. Please do not go with them.

The only effecient thing they did was take the payment - one of the many "cowboys" in the fencing tr

after getting a quote from [name removed] on a monday and explaining that the fence was required to be done by end of business the following friday (10 days) they accepted the job. I asked thmm to take full payment (not the 50% deposit as they required) to make it easier for them to book it in. It took 4 days to make any contact with them after the deposit was taken, then there was three days delay in starting the job and then 2 days delay because of a "broken compressor" and staff being sick/away.

Whilst I understand that some things cannot be helped - I would have at least been professional to recieve phone calls to explain why the delays were taking place, rather than me having to try and chase them up. My last conversation was with [name removed] who threatened to remove the work they had done part way through the job as he thought i was hassling him to get answers and a completed job

Quite smnply do not use.

Frustrating and disappointed

JLB made contact with me regarding fencing to my land as they had the contract to do several homes in our street through Metricon. I agreed to them doing both sides of my land, but they only completed one. I have been trying to get on to them ever since via email, phone and have had no response. I wanted to use the same contractor so that the fences looked the same on both sides. After reading the reviews and similar stories, I will be seeking another company to finish the job. It seems that once they have got what they want they leave anyone that needed clarification or help hanging. My neighbour has a dog and needed that side done. Very disappointed and frustrated. I will certainly be going elsewhere and would advise anyone looking for a fencer to do the same!!

Poor Customer Service

Once contract signed it was impossible to make contact with the company to seek answers to my questions in spite of phone calls, emails, texts. Only once did they say they would return my call later but of course did not. Finally got my answers via the sub contractor who apologised for the delay and stress caused.

Dismissive, disrespectful to client