JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength Questions & Answers

31 questions from our users

Leanne

Leanneasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I have just used this and after washing out The second time do you apply any conditioner or just dry hair as said in the instructions?

Hayley M.

Hayley M.asked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Is hair ment to wet or dry to do the remover?

Tammie P.

Tammie P.asked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I’ve accidentally added the after treatment bottle C in the applicator bottle, will that make a difference?

Cheryl T.
Cheryl T.

No1 hass replied to you was it ok?

Asinja B.
Asinja B.

where you bought it in USA ?

Carpi

Carpiasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Hi, once your activate the two bottles, how long will the colour remover last? Do you have to use it up straight away?

Casey Jayne

Casey Jayneasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Hiya, I have got my hair died a dark brown but because my natural was very light she had to but an orange base under, but the finish look is way too dark for my liking, if I was to use this product would it go a lighter brown or orange?

Leah c

Leah casked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I have natural mousy brown hair and I've dyed it various colours from ash blonde to dark brown and now currently it is about 2 shades darker then my natural colour but with a lot of ginger tones will this take the ginger out as well or make me a full ginger?

Sarah

I found that after removing a colour a few shades darker than my natural colour (med brown) I was left with a ginger colour, which I believe can happen with this product. It is perfectly safe to re colour hair straight after colour removal. I found that my hair went back to normal after that.

Teejai

Hi Leah, the ginger is a result of bleached hair. It's a chemilally lightened version of your natural colour. The colour remover can only remove colour that has been deposited into the hair shaft (inside cuticle). If you use the remover, you might get a mix of natural, ginger, blonde and some coloured hair if the outer hair shaft is stained. It is still a good idea to use colour remover before doing a new colour or bleaching as the result will be more predictable and even. Just make sure to do a good, deep conditioning treatment after so your hair is healthy and ready for your next new look

Teejai

Sarah is correct, you can dye hair straight after using the remover. I wouldn't reccomend it though, it depends how healthy your hair is. If your hair is naturally fine, frizzy or its dry/damaged, I would definitely give your hair a few days/week rest, where you give it lots of conditioning masks and treatments. Argan oil, olaplex, conditioner treatments (those ones in the tub) are a lifesaver. The healthier your hair is prior to dying or bleaching, the better the result and the better it will hold colour. All the best xx

Renee T

Renee Tasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Hi there am I aloud to order and pay with my visa debit?

Maxpeel1

Maxpeel1asked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Do I start on wet or dry hair?

Sarah

Put on to dry hair if you want to remove colour fully..you can put it on wet hair if you want to just subtly remove colour

Teejai

On dry hair. I shampooed with clarifying/deep clean shampoo and skipped the conditioner, blow-dried hair, then did the treatment. *** If your hair is damaged, condition after clarifying shampoo, it might be a bit harsh otherwise. Aparently it still works on dirty/unwashed hair too, I've just always washed and dried my hair before doing it.

Penni

Penniasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I currently have blonde highlights. I have just been to the hairdresser and she added some bright (too bright) copper coloured slices. Will the colour remover only take away the copper? Will I just go back to my bleached highlights? Any help would be fantastic

Teejai

The remover takes away colour that is inside the hair cuticle, if there is staining on the outside it won't remove that part. It will definitely remove some of it / tone it down, it may take a few times to get your hair back to blonde. Still best to use this before removing the stain/tinge with a bleach bath (if there is stain/tinge left over). Give your hair a good deep condition between treatments, and no more than 3 treatments close together.

Georgia

Georgiaasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Do you need to wash you hair before hand or nah??

Letka
Letka

Teejai

Don't have to, but I did, worked fine

Toni K

Toni Kasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Im naturally blonde but about a year ago i went a silver, to grey, to then a purple and then a dark burgundy colour! And about a 2 months ago i dyed my hair black and im regretting it so much ive seen alot of videos on this stuff but the reviews on this are so mixed.. will this work to strip the black as i have only dyed it black once? Will it just bring my hair back to a reddy coppery look?

Louise
Louise

I'm guessing the red coppery look. I'm basing that on my grandaughters natural blonde hair results and how it worked on my hair that is almost naturally white in parts...didn't really strip all the colour off. Think hairdressers may have more tricks up their sleeves so you are best going to them now. I don't know if multiple applications would do it but it may damage your hair and it would become quite expensive. Sorry I couldn't be of more help and good luck!

carol.g

carol.gasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I have dyed black hair grey roots coming in will this remove the dye & what colour will it go?

tina
tina

orange most likely.

Susanne B

Susanne Basked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I stripped dark brown from my hair result it turned blonde I want to go dark ash blonde afterwards when I did it it turned brown have I done something wrong?

Kimberley S
Kimberley S

Same has happened here...

Rellasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

How can I get the smell out of my hair and linen after 5 days I'm physically sick from this rotten rotten smell

Kaitlin

It's awful, mine smelt for about 3 days I had to wash it with a shampoo that was flavoured (apple) I then dried it and straightened so it took the smell out, I did this for 3 days and the smells gone. Hope I could help

Loren Stepkowski
Loren Stepkowski

omg the smell it horrendous - we have tried EVERTHING to get rid and nothing works.....horrible horrible product

Rell

I'm worried it may never go ??? I am so over this ....

Gayle Wheeldon

Gayle Wheeldonasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Hi my hair is quite long now and naturally grey. I have been dying it brown to dark brown the past couple of years. What effect would this product have on my hair? I'd like to see it back to grey then maybe put a lighter colour on if I dont like the grey.

Kaitlin

You'd probably have to use it a few times before you went back to your natural colour as there's years of colour build up of a dark colour

Michelle L
Michelle L

Hi Gayle, how did you go going grey, I have been colouring grey hair dark for years and would love to hear your experience

susu

susuasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

i have had a black hair color before using this product so after usinf the hair colour remover i applied on my hair a light brown permanent color but it became out as a dark brown why is that?

Tam
Tam

Ask a professional?

JoR
JoR

On the instructions for the dye remover,they say that your hair could become porous after treatment and so will grab permanent colour.This causes the colour to come out darker than anticipated.You should wait for several weeks before applying permanent colour to allow the hair to stabilise.A semi permanent colour is gentler to use while waiting for your hair to stabilise again.

Jodie

Jodieasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I tried to remove about a years worth of semi permanent red to my bleached blonde hair, I am naturally light brown,. I am now orange, what can I do?

Asha

You will need to bleach the rest out.

Loulou390

Loulou390asked

Has any one tried the Colour remover on Bleached Hair and does it work

eva
eva

Noting can remove bleach from hair, but it may work on colors put over bleach. After hair has been bleached there is no way back.

Zara M

Zara Masked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I have just dyed my hair permanent red brown twice 2 weeks ago(hair was dyed blonde so had to fill it first), now I don't like it. I have faded my hair a little by washing my hair a lot but the area near my roots are still bright :( will this colour remover remove the permanent red dye, and take me back to a light ish colour so I can dye it back to nice medium blonde?? (My hair is naturally medium brown). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Asha

Yes it should work, just follow the instructions exactly. I would recommend using the max strength.

Vee

Veeasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I'm going grey and naturally have dark brown hair with a tendency towards reddish highlights. I have dyed it darker brown (than natural) for well over two years now but want to lighten it closer to natural so I can ease into my grey hair (maybe going brown ash colour over time). Will this product make my hair brassy red?

Khloekovolenko
Khloekovolenko

I doubt it as the product removes dye and your base colour is light brown. it cant make your hair a colour its never been or been between.

My hair' d been darkburgundyred over mediumbrown over bleach blonde ( all swharzkoff dyes). All of the mixed dyes where probably residual for me as the was just so much dye in my hair. The final colour was auburn after jo baz. Like a light brown/ strawberry blonde but no one could call my hair orange. ' d like to add a photo of before and after if i can work out how.

It will probably be brassy for a while as you lighten it when its natural again. Most people use purple shampoo for that and add more and more highlights over time to minimize damage. I think you may even need a grey colour added after you go blonde.

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions