Kambrook 1.5 BPA Free Glass KKE760CLR

MPNs: KKE760CLR and KKE760CLRKT260

3.4

SilverGhost

SilverGhost

Fine until it starts leaking

This kettle served us well for several years, but then started leaking. It can't be fixed.
A kettle should last many, many years. I won't be buying another Kambrook kettle.
Other minor downsides are its noisy, and it doesn't switch itself off until long after the water boils unnecessarily wasting power.

Purchased in January 2017 for A$75.00.

Jawad A.

Jawad A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lightweight and good quality BPA Free

I was using a plastic Kambrook kettle for more than 2 years, now having some issues with its starting function, so search around and find this kettle, two important reason to buy this, first its BPA free mentioned explicitly by Kambrrok, I couldn't find any other brand mentioning this in the market, second it has 2 years replacement warranty, other brands usually comes with one year, and most important its a glass kettle, love to see water level and the bubbles inside,I love that it is so easy to see how much water is in it. It's not very heavy when empty, making it easy to fill and carry. Takes standard boiling time, so far so good.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for A$74.00.

Barry

Barry

Poor quality Leaks after a couple of months

The kettle leaked from the base after a couple of months’ use. I actually purchased two of these in quick succession after seeing how quiet the first one was, intending to give the second one to my daughter. However, BOTH kettles have sprung a leak in the base making them unserviceable and dangerous. Do not purchase the product. I actually wrote to Kambrook as well as getting a full refund from the store from which I bought them. I’ll now try to get a refund for the second kettle. Do not purchase this product. Maybe avoid the brand.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$70.00.

Electric Kettles

Find out how Kambrook 1.5 BPA Free Glass KKE760CLR compares to other Electric Kettles

Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Leaking

Bought this as a gift, the idea of being able to see through is a really good idea. Boils water really well but is a lttle noisy. There may be design issues. Started leaking, and would get worse over time. Exchanged for a new one and after 1 week started leaking again, I've given up. I would not buy again.

Azat

AzatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works well

Good kettle.
The outs side does get very hot as you would expect with boiling water inside.
I feel it boils for to long and should turn its self off faster but not a major problem.
2 year warranty.
Very happy with this kettle and would buy again.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for A$74.00.

Anne

AnneSydney, NSW

Excellent Kettle

After a month and half of use I'm very happy with it.
The kettle is well made & I love the see though glass.
This is a good and decent kettle with no significant issues.
It boils fast & the noise level is ok.

Purchased in May 2020.

Kambrook KKE760CLR

Lasted 2 and a bit years. Then failed to work. The connection between top and bottom section stopped working. Took good care of it. Also, when it hit boiling, it continued to boil for 40-50 seconds. No more kambrook

Purchased in February 2018.

Haely

HaelySydney, NSW

Leaking,again, leaking

Bought 2 years before,leaking happened in 7 months, so get it back to change a new one, then 9 months later,leaking again..design problem makes me giving it up. Totally refund.

SANDY

SANDYGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

KETTLE DRIPPING

It looks nice and works ok. takes a fair time to boil, and is very noisy while doing so, such that i cant carry on a phone conversation nearby.
also it drip badly while pouring, i believe it became worse over time.....

Purchased for A$50.00.

Kim U.

Kim U.

Spout is too wide to control water flow.

The spout is too rounded, so it is very difficult to control the water flow when pouring it. I pour hot water into a small flask, and it always spills round the sides, especially as the water level in the kettle reduces. Also causes more splashing when pouring into a mug compared to my previous kettle which had a pointier spout. This is the only negative but very important feature that should be fixed in future models. Otherwise, it looks great.

Purchased in March 2019.

FrankGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Failed after 20 months

Bought the kettle in 20 June 2018 so it is 21 months old.
It stopped working 1 April 2020. Element failed. Very disappointed. 21 months is a very short life. Kettles should last longer. Consumer Affairs say we are entitled to a reasonable life not just the paper warranty of 12 months. Don't buy Kambrook! My next kettle will be anything but Kambrook.

shastaNew South Wales

Good quality kettle

Bought this to replace a glass kettle from Aldi as the lid broke. I wanted glass, this one was affordable and I've generally had only good experiences from kambrook products. After a month and half of use I'm very happy with it. I like the cylindrical shape, perfect size not too big or small. It boils a little faster than previous kettles I've had. Noise level is the same. It feels well made.

Purchased in February 2020 at Amazon for A$56.00.

Decent

This is a good and decent kettle with no significant issues, but I ended up going with the Breville BKE395 instead as the Kambrook doesn't allow you to remove the plastic filter, so you're pouring through plastic which defeats the purpose of buying a glass/steel kettle for health reasons. Also the Breville has silicon sealant over the glue which attaches the spout, whereas the Kambrook doesn't. If it wasn't for these two issues I would have preferred the Kambrook due to its larger capacity without being bulky, and I think it looks a bit more stylish than the Breville too.

Purchased at Big W for A$69.00.

Noise Level

Excellent Kettle but breaks before its time

Purchased in December 2018 for A$109.00.

Terry Zhu

Terry ZhuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Steam does not come off

It does the work but you would have expected a clear glass kettle that looks shiny and nice but in fact once you have done your first run you will notice the steam and water drop do not come off the glass body which makes it not good looking at all.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for A$74.00.

handymanhobart

Looks great until it breaks junk product

Looks good and handy being glass very happy with this kettle for the first year but after daily use (isn't that the idea) the lid has broken and we need a new kettle, so unfortunately another product designed to be looked at but wont last junk product by Kambrook.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Bugs

BugsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Designed to wear out

Worked great but then after about 17 months use the lid catch broke. A quick inspection shows that a metal spring has worn through the plastic holding it, pretty much a design flaw - metal rubbing against a thin piece of soft plastic is always going to wear out. Everything else worked OK but cannot go past the cheap materials and poor design on the lid.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Stella A.

Stella A.Sydney

Excellent Kettle

Love that is bpa free- we removed the filter in the spout and now no plastic should contact the water at all.

I find it quieter than previous stainless steel kettles I have owned, it is not heavy and looks good.

Only things that would make it superior 1. A base that is more resistant to scale (not sure if possible) but I do have to clean it regularly, although easy to do by boiling it with a little bit of diluted vinegar. 2. A light on both sides, as a leftie I can’t tell if I have switched it on without spinning it around. But at the water boiling is visible it is not a terrible problem.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Marisa

MarisaMelbourne

Reliable and easy to use

I chose this over the Breville clear kettle as this one is much lighter. It works perfectly, looks great and has a nice big easy-open lid at the top for refilling. Having a clear kettle means you can see how much water is in it without opening a lid - I can't imagine why I waited so long to get one! Very happy with this kettle.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
alphacinator

alphacinatorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Strictly Filtered Water Only

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Groaning Shelves

Groaning Shelvesasked

I would also like to know whether the plastic housing the filter is removeable. I want a kettle that is totally plastic-free and I cannot find one. Ones that look promising, such as this one, ruin it by having a plastic filter and filter housing or glue. Please take note kettle manufacturers - there is a market for high-quality BPA-free (and plastic free) and built for longevity. I tried buying a kettle from Italy that met this criteria at the grand price of $299 to get what I wanted - but the supplier failed me time and time again and it couldn't be supplied.

Don't know about the filter but the kettle died after 20 months

shasta

The filter is removable, but the plastic housing is not.

John S.asked

Although the filter can be removed, I would also like to remove the plastic housing in which the filter sits, to avoid pouring hot water through plastic. Is it possible? I tried prying at it with a knife and it bends quite easily, but seems to be glued down to the inner rim. Maybe some silicone remover will do the trick? I don't want to break it.

Rubio V.

Rubio V.asked

The Kambrook KKE760CLR kettle, already has more than one year and no longer covers by the guarantee and has started to come out the water by the union between the metal and the glass, is it possible to repair it?

no need it has a 2 year warranty

Get an answer from our members and Kambrook representatives