Kambrook 1.5 BPA Free Glass KKE760CLR

MPN: KKE760CLR

Terry Zhu

Terry ZhuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Steam does not come off

It does the work but you would have expected a clear glass kettle that looks shiny and nice but in fact once you have done your first run you will notice the steam and water drop do not come off the glass body which makes it not good looking at all.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $74.00.

Noise Level

handymanhobart

Looks great until it breaks junk product

Looks good and handy being glass very happy with this kettle for the first year but after daily use (isn't that the idea) the lid has broken and we need a new kettle, so unfortunately another product designed to be looked at but wont last junk product by Kambrook.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Bugs

BugsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Designed to wear out

Worked great but then after about 17 months use the lid catch broke. A quick inspection shows that a metal spring has worn through the plastic holding it, pretty much a design flaw - metal rubbing against a thin piece of soft plastic is always going to wear out. Everything else worked OK but cannot go past the cheap materials and poor design on the lid.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Stella A.

Stella A.Sydney

Excellent Kettle

Love that is bpa free- we removed the filter in the spout and now no plastic should contact the water at all.

I find it quieter than previous stainless steel kettles I have owned, it is not heavy and looks good.

Only things that would make it superior 1. A base that is more resistant to scale (not sure if possible) but I do have to clean it regularly, although easy to do by boiling it with a little bit of diluted vinegar. 2. A light on both sides, as a leftie I can’t tell if I have switched it on without spinning it around. But at the water boiling is visible it is not a terrible problem.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

MarisaMelbourne

Reliable and easy to use

I chose this over the Breville clear kettle as this one is much lighter. It works perfectly, looks great and has a nice big easy-open lid at the top for refilling. Having a clear kettle means you can see how much water is in it without opening a lid - I can't imagine why I waited so long to get one! Very happy with this kettle.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

alphacinatorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Strictly Filtered Water Only

Date PurchasedMar 2018

rcrowl

rcrowlBallarat

Great kettle

A really good kettle, had one from Aldi and the lid broke, got this on sale for $69, much quicker to boil, easy to turn on lid flips up for easy refill, glass stays clean, light to use and easy to pour for my elderly mother, will buy another for myself.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Christmas present - boils too roughly

Just used it for two days a Christmas present for my parents. Boils so fiercely it shakes around too much and for too long. My mother is frightened of it so will have to return to Good Guys. Everything else is fine, stylish, light, simple to use - perfect otherwise.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Beanie

BeaniePerth, WA

Rusted at ring of base

Got this for one month, had to cleanse it every week as stain built up very quickly at the base. Just saw today the ring gap at the base rusted! Impossible to clean it as the gap is only about 5mm wide. Going to return to the shop we purchased from later today! Moreover, the spout is too big, when I filled water into general plastic bottle, it spilled everywhere! Very disappointed. Not recommend to have this.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Sal B

Sal BHobart, TAS

Best kettle we have had so far

Bought this kettle from Good Guys last week and so far very happy. Easy to fill and pour and clear measures on side. Quieter than other kettles we have had. Easy to clean. Boils well before turning off. Water tastes better. We had stainless before but with plastic measure which started to break down and tainted water. It also looks good. Hoping it keeps giving such good service.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Rose

RoseVictoria

Bought this kettle June 2017

Bought this kettle over others because was smaller and not bulky. It is quiet and boils quickly. It does tend to boil for a longer time than other kettles. I thought it was beautiful but that look is gone on the very first boil when the heating plate stains on first use. It is 1 August and looks dirty and old. This is disappointing for an otherwise VG kettle. I don't enjoy the look of it. Mum had a glass kettle and u didn't see any staining even years later.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Kambrook
RachelKambrook

Hi Rose, please contact the customer service team on 1300 139 798 on how to remove the stains. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Marouda

Marouda

Very happy indeed!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Chez

ChezGosford

Very happy with Kambrook glass jug/kettle

Bought this glass kettle/electric jug because it was lighter in weight and not as large and bulky looking as it's competitors.
Comes to the boil very quickly and not as noisey as my previous plastic style jug. It does however stay on the boil for longer than any of my previous electric jugs but this is not an issue.
Very happy with this purchase and it looks great in the kitchen too.
The only thing to consider when buying a glass jug is that you can see any staining that may appear on the stainless steel base. To clean this away I simply boil water with a touch of fresh lime juice and then rinse.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
JRos

JRosWellington

Works well and looks good.

I really like this electric jug. It is the first glass kettle I have owned, and it is useful being able to see exactly how much water there is and to see the water coming to the boil. I don't find it particularly noisy, and it is light in weight and easy to fill and use.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

MichelleQueanbeyan

A good kettle

I bought this kettle after reading the reviews on this page. It's a nice kettle. Does what it needs to do with no funny tasting water. Another reviewer commended on the on light only being on one side so it is designed for right handers, but that's a minor issue. It takes 3 minutes and 45 seconds to boil 6 cups of water. Not sure if that makes it a rapid boil, but it's not too bad. After buying it a visited a friend who also has this kettle and they said they were happy with it. I've only had it for a few weeks but we are happy with our purchase.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Chris

Chris

Excellent product

I bought this ketle back in September 2015 - so pleased with it that I also bought one for my daughter for a Christmas present. One minor annoyance is that it takes about 12 seconds to turn off after being fully boiled. You can observe this of course because of the glass sides.

It leaks

bought this kettle 16 days ago, boils very fast and hot, but has leaked from the base since I got it, it actually cropped very hot water on my husbands foot, which is very dangerous. It looks good and really like the size of it as it's not too big and bulky looking. But just concerned about the continuing leaking of water.

Kambrook
OfficialKambrook

Hi C.Mifsud - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

C. Mifsud

I am returning it back to The good guys for a replacement, just hope the new one won't leak

C. Mifsud

I exchanged it, guess what the new one still leaks, after a day or so I have a big puddle under the base.

ovenbaked

ovenbakedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good kettle

Rubio V.

Rubio V.asked

The Kambrook KKE760CLR kettle, already has more than one year and no longer covers by the guarantee and has started to come out the water by the union between the metal and the glass, is it possible to repair it?

no need it has a 2 year warranty

Jenny P

Jenny Pasked

Have had my glass kettle 2 days. I like it but the handle gets very warm. Has anyone noticed this ? or is this a fulty kettle??

alphacinator

Don't think I have as the kettle is placed away from the gas oven

Marisa

I've never noticed the temperature of the handle, so I don't think mine gets very hot. I just boiled it now, and the handle is slightly warm on the outside, but not too hot to touch or anything like that. Why don't you contact Breville and see what they say?

Cazasked

Is this jug noisy? My jug sits approx. 3 metres from my TV and I have to turn the volume up when my current jug is boiling. Thanks.

Michelle

Mine is also about 3 metres from the TV and I do need to turn up the volume. It's about as noisy as any other jugs I have had.

Caz

Thanks Michelle, that's very helpful :)

C. Mifsud

I don't find it over noisy, just like any other jug I think, a bit noisy if I am standing next to it.

Get an answer from our members and Kambrook representatives