MPN: KKE760CLR

Steam does not come off

It does the work but you would have expected a clear glass kettle that looks shiny and nice but in fact once you have done your first run you will notice the steam and water drop do not come off the glass body which makes it not good looking at all.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $74.00.

Noise Level

Looks great until it breaks junk product

Looks good and handy being glass very happy with this kettle for the first year but after daily use (isn't that the idea) the lid has broken and we need a new kettle, so unfortunately another product designed to be looked at but wont last junk product by Kambrook.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Designed to wear out

Worked great but then after about 17 months use the lid catch broke. A quick inspection shows that a metal spring has worn through the plastic holding it, pretty much a design flaw - metal rubbing against a thin piece of soft plastic is always going to wear out. Everything else worked OK but cannot go past the cheap materials and poor design on the lid.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Excellent Kettle

Love that is bpa free- we removed the filter in the spout and now no plastic should contact the water at all.

I find it quieter than previous stainless steel kettles I have owned, it is not heavy and looks good.

Only things that would make it superior 1. A base that is more resistant to scale (not sure if possible) but I do have to clean it regularly, although easy to do by boiling it with a little bit of diluted vinegar. 2. A light on both sides, as a leftie I can’t tell if I have switched it on without spinning it around. But at the water boiling is visible it is not a terrible problem.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Reliable and easy to use

I chose this over the Breville clear kettle as this one is much lighter. It works perfectly, looks great and has a nice big easy-open lid at the top for refilling. Having a clear kettle means you can see how much water is in it without opening a lid - I can't imagine why I waited so long to get one! Very happy with this kettle.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Strictly Filtered Water Only

Because I am very health-conscious about what I eat and drink, the tapwater and materials of Kambrook's kettle must be tough and not allow any particles too small to be seen during and after boiling to affect my health. Because I use an Amway E-Spring expensive benchtop water filter that uses a carbon filter to remove particles that can cause health problems besides staining on kettle base, the tapwater must be filtered only whenever I have a cup of coffee with mixed berries - and again with fruit juice instead of sugar that may cool my coffee which I simply reheat in microwave oven. The mouth opening of the kettle is triangular and might allow crawling insects to enter, so to avoid this I simply use 2 layers of nose tissue paper moulded to fit in this area like a white paper pebble.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great kettle

A really good kettle, had one from Aldi and the lid broke, got this on sale for $69, much quicker to boil, easy to turn on lid flips up for easy refill, glass stays clean, light to use and easy to pour for my elderly mother, will buy another for myself.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Christmas present - boils too roughly

Just used it for two days a Christmas present for my parents. Boils so fiercely it shakes around too much and for too long. My mother is frightened of it so will have to return to Good Guys. Everything else is fine, stylish, light, simple to use - perfect otherwise.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

So far, excellent.

As loud as my supposedly super-quiet old breville in the stainless steel. I purchased it this morning, and have used it a lot today.

This kettle is over-priced, like they all are, however less so than most, and I got a good deal as I had a Good Guys voucher. That brought it to $46, which is a tad over what it's worth.

I love that I'm able to see any scale, which reminds me to clean it.

As another reviewer said, it boils for exactly 12 seconds after it reaches initial boiling point, however I like that, as you know any bugs are then dead, and you are gonna get a really hot cuppa.

I like that it's small, as I have limited bench space on that side of the kitchen.

One way the breville wins, is that it has a soft-open lid... this jug wants to smack you in the face when it opens! I could see the lid breaking if you had a large family and being filled all day every day - or if you're a tea addict, like I am.

It's quite an attractive thing, which is a bonus, as I'm all about function over looks. Like my computer OS, I don't need pretty, I just want the ruddy thing to work! And this does that, just fine.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great little compact kettle

I like the sleek style of this compact kettle. I have a small bench top, so the size was perfect. The capacity holds 6 cups, so it is a great size. Easy to clean, requiring little effort on the outside.
The inside silver panel on the bottom does require cleaning once a week. I did read this in other reviews before purchasing, but decided to go ahead and buy it anyway. It is a little annoying, as the build up of scale occurs weekly (it would have a 5 stars mark if it wasn't for this), which is to be expected of any kettle.
I just use a little lemon/ lime juice (in water a boil the kettle) once a week to clean. It's not a big deal and the company does explain this on their website, stating that it is not rust, it is a normal build up.
I would recommend this kettle.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Rusted at ring of base

Got this for one month, had to cleanse it every week as stain built up very quickly at the base. Just saw today the ring gap at the base rusted! Impossible to clean it as the gap is only about 5mm wide. Going to return to the shop we purchased from later today! Moreover, the spout is too big, when I filled water into general plastic bottle, it spilled everywhere! Very disappointed. Not recommend to have this.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Best kettle we have had so far

Bought this kettle from Good Guys last week and so far very happy. Easy to fill and pour and clear measures on side. Quieter than other kettles we have had. Easy to clean. Boils well before turning off. Water tastes better. We had stainless before but with plastic measure which started to break down and tainted water. It also looks good. Hoping it keeps giving such good service.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Bought this kettle June 2017

Bought this kettle over others because was smaller and not bulky. It is quiet and boils quickly. It does tend to boil for a longer time than other kettles. I thought it was beautiful but that look is gone on the very first boil when the heating plate stains on first use. It is 1 August and looks dirty and old. This is disappointing for an otherwise VG kettle. I don't enjoy the look of it. Mum had a glass kettle and u didn't see any staining even years later.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Rose, please contact the customer service team on 1300 139 798 on how to remove the stains. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Very happy indeed!

Had my eye on this one for 6 months finaly took the plunge and purchased it after researching lots of different kettles, cant believe how many bad and overpriced kettles are out there. The Kambrook KKE760CLR replaces my previous Kambrook Kettle which was still working fine 10 years plus, but the white plastic was looking a bit grubby and I like how this new one is BPA free and looks very smart, matches all my other stainless steel kitchen appliances. I've only had the kettle for a couple of weeks, but very happy with it. The kettle has a wide opening on top that is easily filled, the kettle itself is very light weight when lifting, filling it, which I like, it sits nice and sturdy on it's base. Its noisiest when it begins to heat up/boil but gets quieter. It"s a little noisier than my previous kettle on initial start up, and my kitchen is open plan so yes the TV may have to be turned up for 30 seconds or so, but not a huge issue. A bit concerned about limescale build up in future, and the kettle is clear so any nasty stain will show, will descale kettle once a month with vinegar and water mix. I use water from a water filter jug, not sure if this will reduce staining. My previous kettle had a nasty btown stain on the steel base but I never bothered to descale it and it was over 10 years old, and the kettle wasnt see through so couldn't see it. The price of the kettle is amazing only $69. Appears very well made. Will keep an eye on any leaks from the jug as one reviewer has commented on here, will report back if I have any issues, so very happy with my purchase. Would have given 5 stars but haven't owned it long enough to give that. Highly reccommended.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Very happy with Kambrook glass jug/kettle

Bought this glass kettle/electric jug because it was lighter in weight and not as large and bulky looking as it's competitors.
Comes to the boil very quickly and not as noisey as my previous plastic style jug. It does however stay on the boil for longer than any of my previous electric jugs but this is not an issue.
Very happy with this purchase and it looks great in the kitchen too.
The only thing to consider when buying a glass jug is that you can see any staining that may appear on the stainless steel base. To clean this away I simply boil water with a touch of fresh lime juice and then rinse.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Works well and looks good.

I really like this electric jug. It is the first glass kettle I have owned, and it is useful being able to see exactly how much water there is and to see the water coming to the boil. I don't find it particularly noisy, and it is light in weight and easy to fill and use.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

A good kettle

I bought this kettle after reading the reviews on this page. It's a nice kettle. Does what it needs to do with no funny tasting water. Another reviewer commended on the on light only being on one side so it is designed for right handers, but that's a minor issue. It takes 3 minutes and 45 seconds to boil 6 cups of water. Not sure if that makes it a rapid boil, but it's not too bad. After buying it a visited a friend who also has this kettle and they said they were happy with it. I've only had it for a few weeks but we are happy with our purchase.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Excellent product

I bought this ketle back in September 2015 - so pleased with it that I also bought one for my daughter for a Christmas present. One minor annoyance is that it takes about 12 seconds to turn off after being fully boiled. You can observe this of course because of the glass sides.

It leaks

bought this kettle 16 days ago, boils very fast and hot, but has leaked from the base since I got it, it actually cropped very hot water on my husbands foot, which is very dangerous. It looks good and really like the size of it as it's not too big and bulky looking. But just concerned about the continuing leaking of water.

Hi C.Mifsud - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you. I am returning it back to The good guys for a replacement, just hope the new one won't leakI exchanged it, guess what the new one still leaks, after a day or so I have a big puddle under the base.

Good kettle

I've only had it a few days but I'm impressed so far. It looks good. The all important on/off switch is easy to access and flick on. The lid of the kettle seems sturdy and easy to open and close. The blue "on" light is on one side of the kettle only, which may be an issue for anyone left-handed who might have kettle positioned with left side facing wall. Then you wouldn't see the light. That's a non-issue for me.

This kettle is cheaper than some of the others, and from what I can see is equal or better quality than the more expensive kettles. I would rate this over the equivalent Breville glass kettle, Sunbeam and other glass kettles that I looked at.

This kettle is 2200 watts, slightly less power than some other kettles, but boils quick enough.

Easy to pick up, fill and pour. No annoying beeping sounds or gimmicks you'll find on some other kettles. Kettles don't need to beep..

The base of the kettle isn't bad, the kettle sits reasonably stable on the base, and I think is better than some other brands I looked at. I would prefer a slightly heavier base in any kettle, just to avoid the base moving around.

Kambrook makes bold claims about "durability". Good to see this is the focus, but time will tell whether it's true.

4 stars, but only because I have no idea if this kettle will last for years. If it does, then it's 5 stars.