Karcher K2

See the Best Electric Pressure Washers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

nwphoto

nwphotoSydney, NSW

One of the worst buys I ever made .!!!!

Purchased in February 2019 at Kogan for $229.00.

Safety

Andrew

AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

Good So Far, But With Some Warning Signs

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Safety
Empressbat

EmpressbatQueensland, 4304

Low pressure and detergent intake wont work

We bought this Karcher 1400W K2 High Pressure Cleaner - With Home Kit after a Bunnings employee recommend it over the Ryobi. Sadly although more expensive than the similar version in Ryobi branding, it was not better. The pressure was insufficient to clean walls and the intake detergent mechinism did not work regardless of how many times we tried it using a variety of methods recommended on the Karcher and other sites. Taking it back for a refund. not fit for purpose.
Update - Bunnings refunded with no issue and we bought a Ryobi instead.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $149.00.

Terrible after sales support

After a year of occasional light use, the pressure hose split. I went to get a replacement but they want almost the cost of a new machine just for the hose! Also it's not covered by warranty as Karcher considers it a 'consumable' part. Wasted time and now the machine is useless.

Purchased in January 2018.

Trading on brand name.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

erwin

erwin

Not a German product

I pure hasted a karcher k2 with extra dirt plaster but to my disappointment I do not as promised, for a German product I expected more. After 2 days the lifting handle broke of. not enough blast even to shift a little grass in the pavers only purchased it 9 days ago wonder if I can return it. The previously cleaner was a gerni lasted 5 years was only a base model serenely aut performed this one.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

JC1978

JC1978BENTLEIGH EAST

good quality

I've been using the K2 for 5 years, there is my comment
Pro
The build quality is excellent, which means materials are durable
It is easy to use and set up
It comes with all basic attachments and allows you to handle most of household clearing jobs

Con
The pressure is not strong enough to clear super dirty things
It doesn't come with foam cannon nozzle and you have to buy it separately, unlike other brands it comes with the foam cannon nozzle as free

But overall I am very happy with its performance and build quality, it looks like it is going to last for a long time.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Anne G

Anne GAU

Does the job

Definitely gets the job done and very easy to use. My mother loved how the front fence and garden bricks looked after I pressured cleaned it with the Karcher. I found it safe to use on my car as well and was happy with the end results. The driveway also looked great and rejuvenated.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

No good

The motor started burning out after six months of very light use. I washed my motorbike and truck twice, house windows and gutter once.

Sent it in for repairs at the agent, received it two months later only to find it in a totally dead state.

I used suitably rated extension cords, never ran it dry. My fathers cheap Ryobi is still going strong after 5 years of almost weekly use.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Waste of time, energy and money.

My first Karcher pressure cleaner lasted a few weeks. I have just bought a second one to replace it which doesn't work to begin with. I have spent ages on the phone to the support staff who ended up just telling me to take it back. What a waste of time and money.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

rails

railsulverstone

Would Recommend

I have had my Karcher for about 8 years... It is Amazing... love cleaning the congrete around the house and how it comes up so clean.. having dogs they can make the ground very dirty over time.. But with the Karcher i know i can always get it back to new..

Date PurchasedNov 2009

Aaron

AaronSydney

good value for money

Purchased one of these a few years ago and cant fault it. Have used it just about every weekend cleaning dirtbikes, concrete, cars, fence etc. sometimes get a hot plastic smell after long periods of use (1-2 hours) waiting for it to die so i can upgrade but it just wont.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

Do Not Buy This Product

This is a dismal product it really is. Only a fool would buy this. I have purchased two and both
have burnt out on the second use. The First time I thought maybe it was my fault but when I read on line overall about a third of purchasers are dissatisfied with it for the same reason. It is not well made and burns out very easily. There are other products on the market and whatever you buy it will be better than this. Avoid at all costs. Allan

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Harmony

Harmony

Would not reccomend

I set out to only leave reviews where I could be positive about a product, however I would like to save someone money by sharing my experience. We have had a bad run of luck with these (3 have died on us after minimal use). Thinking it might be something we were doing wrong, or some unknown factor, I asked a number of people their opinion and it was always the same - not good quality. Sorry to leave a bad review but the evidence needs to be shared.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Peter Z

Compact gear for modern city

We living in the city first things it living place. Sometimes we needs cleaning up our car or goods path way this little thing really good. Compact to store. No worry for the rust. It's not too powerful. But without chemical liquid help even the powerful blast can not do the job properly only damage your goods.

SciarchitectAU

Saves Water on Outdoor Cleaning Jobs

Jim Fowler

Jim Fowlerasked

The black pressure hose came off the machine and won’t stay on.I bought the K2 from Bunnings in March 2014.

stefan

stefanasked

I have a K2240. The tube from the unit to the spray gun has developed a crack and probably needs replacing. Where can I get a new tube ?

Peter Z

In Auckland, New Zealand, mostly we can get from Bunny Warehouse. Please copy the Link: https://www.bunnings.co.nz/karcher-pipe-cleaning-kit-7-5m_p00780054 or https://www.bunnings.co.nz/karcher-high-pressure-cleaner-replacement-hose-gun-kit-7-5m_p00319682 and https://www.bunnings.co.nz/search/products?q=waterblast But I really don't know where can get it in your town. Thanks for question.

iPK

iPKasked

Where did you buy it from?

Sciarchitect

Purchased from Bunnings, but it was more than a year ago.

Get an answer from our members and Karcher representatives

Karcher K2 Plus Home

Karcher K2 Home Telescopic Plus

Karcher K2 Basic
  • Discontinued

Karcher K2 Basic

CategoryElectric Pressure WashersElectric Pressure WashersElectric Pressure WashersElectric Pressure WashersElectric Pressure WashersElectric Pressure WashersElectric Pressure Washers
Price (RRP) $159.00$299.00$99.00$199.00$199.00
Maximum Pressure1,600 psi1,600 psi1,600 psi1,600 psi1,600 psi1,600 psi1,600 psi
Hose Length6 m6 m6 m4 m6 m6 m4 m
Max Water Flow6 L/min6 L/min6 L/min6 L/min6 L/min6 L/min
Dimensions 783 x 280 x 242 mm783 x 280 x 242 mm443 x 279 x 176 mm443 x 279 x 176 mm783 x 280 x 242 mm571 x 280 x 242 mm
Weight4.2 kg5 kg3.6 kg4.1 kg4.2 kg4.5 kg4.1 kg
Power1,400 W1,400 W1,400 W1,400 W1,400 W1,400 W1,400 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)

Download manual