Karcher K3

Karcher K3

Home, Deck

• Safety

Had a Karcher years ago and loved it. Lasted 10 years and used weekly. Ended up with a cheap free machine that did the job but that also packed it in. Purchased the K3 recently. Impressive, quiet and has great pressure. Highly recommend!

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$299.00.

Safety

Junk from a once-reputable name

Bought mainly for cleaning decking. Seemed cheap compared with some others, and now I know why. About 15 minutes worth of use this year and it looks like the pump has failed - the motor is screaming away and there is no water pressure.

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

AJR

AJRTasmania

Room for Improvementr

I recently upgraded my 20 year old Karcher with a K3. Have not had it long but a bit disappointed in the connection cable. It is not very flexible and therefore not easy to roll up. The hanging handle is too short for the cable and the connections could be much easier otherwise it meets my needs but there does not appear to have been many improvements in 20 years.

Purchased in September 2020.

mark

markSouth East Queensland, QLD

works well but doesn't last

Bought K3 in March 2019 - light use for past 18 months and like many others I have ( belatedly) read it started leaking water from base. Disappointing from a brand which has high profile in this market. So many similar stories - it is clearly a weak point with the product over many years.....why not fix the problems and deliver a reliable result?
Practical use - while it worked. It was a decent product with a good range of accessories and easy to use. I would not recommend for even light users though as it clearly does not have a robust pump unit and can breakdown quickly.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$179.00.

KAT

KATGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Look Elsewhere

Pump housing has split, seems to be a common fault in something supposedly designed to work under pressure. Out of warranty so now stuck with expensive, useless attachments as well.

Jason P

Jason PCentral Queensland, QLD

Poor Quality

Purchased this unit approx 2 years ago relying on the reputation of Karcher products. It failed during warranty and was repaired. What happens is, when you stop washing, release the trigger and the back pressure blows the garden hose fitting off. It did it again just after warranty ran out so I serviced the unit myself as it wasn't worth spending money on it. (I'm a service technician) It ran twice more before failing again. For the very little use I have had from this unit, I feel I have wasted my money and will never buy Karcher again.

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$280.00.

OneofthemGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't buy it

Just don't buy it!!Total waist of money.I purchased one today and this one even didn't start,no sign of life in this peace of garbage.No pressure,no sign of power,not running at all.

Purchased in July 2020 at Supercheap Auto Online Store for A$319.00.

Ray

RaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Sucked in again by the brand name

I feel for the cost of the product it probably should not have such a very bad design flaw in the pressure head that is plastic and were it is pressed together water sprays out and into the electric motor area I would of expected it on a cheap $50 machine. And yes i should of read the reviews first on the K3 pressure washer. It is a shame for the Karcher Company that they just don't care and don't feel that they are selling a inferior product. I'm done with the Brand never again ever.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$300.00.

Peter

PeterSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worked well for about 10 hours use

Purchased a new Karcher K3 a couple of years ago and should have known better as the first K3 I purchased had to be fixed under warranty a couple of times - they said it was due to not enough use and seals drying out. The new one was used for a bout 10 hours all up and then just stopped supplying pressure. I did some research and found that Karcher now gets mainly bad reviews. Many years ago they made a good product - what happened that they decided to produce rubbish.

Bought a Michelin this time and so far works well.

Purchased for A$300.00.

IP Cam H.

IP Cam H.Central Queensland, QLD

• K3

At least I got to finish my motorbike rinse.

Brand new first-time use, I used it to suds my bike on low pressure and then a low setting for a rinse, didn't want to blast the bike and electrics with lots of pressure. When I was done with that I went to clean my deck and got nothing from it, totally dead. I wish I had of checked this board before wasting my time and money, off to Bunnings for a refund in the morning.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$369.00.

jezza76

jezza76christchurch

Rubbish

Terrible build quality. I have only used it a few times, wash deck/paving/car etc, washed my house down today. Keeps splitting pump housing bits. Cheap plastic, bad design, it only seems to last until barely out of warranty, which is also short. Total waste of money.

Purchased in February 2015.

Pete

PeteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute Rubbish

Worked fine for a bout 6 times then suddenly sprung a leak internally which i was advised by the retailer that it isnt repairable,this is my 3rd K3,all had the same issue...back to the retailer again to get it replaced.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$299.00.

Sucked in

Sucked inMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

buyer beware poor quality manufacturing

The K3 split the pump casing as Karcher's do apparently (I wish I had read the reviews before purchase). It lasted a total of less than 20 hours of use over the few years I owned it which was unfortunately for me greater than their warranty period).

Purchased in November 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$279.00.

Hans L.

Hans L.Hunter Region, NSW

K3 German design, melted plastic pump.

I bought SO many attachments and didn’t even get to use them as the Plastic pump housing with the 3 metal springs and rods MELTED the PLASTIC and TINY rubber seal in one of the 3 chambers. Will never buy Karcher again. So much for German quality. It’s a disgrace to my German heritage. I got so little use out of it.

Purchased in August 2018 at Mitre 10 for A$400.00.

DvdWalto

DvdWalto

Reasonable quality

I haven't had the issues other people seem to have had here. Unit seems reasonable quality to me but I don't use it that heavily.i just use it to clean the tiles on my patio every now and again

Only niggle is the plastic tube used to feed the detergent came off after the first use and I was unable to reattach.

Other than that this seems reasonable quality to me

Purchased in July 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$250.00.

Jimmy A.

Jimmy A.Sydney, NSW

Rubbish Product - Beware

Like most others have said - had it two years, pump housing split causing water to leak everywhere and loss of pressure - made from rubbish, cheap and nasty. Many people who have had Karchers previously swore by them - that must have been when Companies made things to last....

Purchased in November 2016 for A$299.00.

Scott

ScottCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Katcher pressure washer is junk. Company wont even answer if product faulty

I have 2 kartcher pressure washers and both failed after little use with the same fault. A crack in the plastic housing of the pump. I have written a request to Karcher asking if it is a common fault and they don't reply.
Do yourself a favour dont buy Kartcher

Cisco

CiscoSydney, NSW

Makes light work of stubborn dirt

Absolutely love this product. Effectively removes stubborn dirt from our concreted areas that was difficult to remove by hose and broom. Extremely easy to assemble and operate. Highly recommended product and great value for money.

Purchased in September 2019 at Kogan for A$199.00.

Cameron

CameronSouth East Queensland, QLD

Piece of junk. Don't buy one!

The machine is just under 4 years old but with only occasional use. The pump housing has split in half at the joint so it's now going in the bin. Don't waste your money on this over priced rubbish.

Purchased in October 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$289.00.

Moo

MooNSW, 2567

Working great so far!

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$369.00.