Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

See the Best Super Sport Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

2012 Kawasaki 250r

I recently bought this bike. The engine has enough torque, but the gear ratio is awful. The first gear is very short. From stopped position It accelerates fast from second even third. When you shift from gear to gear you barely feel a difference. When I ride on sixth gear the speed is around 30 mph on normal RPM. It does 40 reving too high. I changed the rear sprocket to a smaller one now its better a bit.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Chris M

Chris MAU

LAMS approved bikes

Great bike to gain confidence on and still have a bit of fun. Very economical, very reliable, very forgiving. Kawasaki have been making parallel twins for decades so they know what they're doing. Easy riding in traffic, great on the open road. If you are starting out or making a comeback you won't go wrong with one of these.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
William

WilliamSydney

Great learner bike

Bought this as my first bike and it was very easy to learn on. The power is not too great which is something I wanted after a few months of learning how to ride. You'll find that alot of cars can easily overtake you at lights etc. The fuel efficiency is 10/10, where a full tank can get you approx. 400kms. In comparison, my current 600cc yamaha gets me 180km a tank.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
CK1

CK1Perth

Best first bike!

It was my first bike . It is not too powerful, it's pretty good for city rides . Not sure if it's best fit for long distance. It's all fiber body so pretty easy to easily scratch or break . Servicing and maintenance is pretty cheap for these bikes .

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Cait

CaitMelbourne

Great first bike

I got one of these for my first bike. It was an amazing bike to learn on. I was able to go fast but it was not powerful enough to slip out too easily from under me. I have sadly since sold it to a friend. Highly recommended for a learner who wants a sports bike.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

Asherlea

AsherleaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great all rounder

These bikes are friendly to operate , forgiving and inspire confidence .

Costs are low , registration and parts , easy to maintain with general knowledge and are also quite quick when ridden hard , which these motors love , they spend their lives in high rpm.

Only fault If that , is a manual choke , but it's never presented any problem .

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Juli

Juli

my Zzr250 So good,comfortable to ride

Great bike I'm 2nd owner have all service manual ,repairs nuthing great black motorbike just cruses 12,000 Ks on clock well looked after ,Great to Ride ,Really easy to handle on the road,cost me $1000.00 great buy would sell to write person its kept clean a d Rwc,my black beauty I say

Date PurchasedMar 2016

AB1

AB1Brisbane

Good cheap bike for beginners.

As a beginner this was my first ever bike. Reliable, super easy to use & light which made it easier to learn on. The 250 though soon becomes a small bike with not much power once you get the hang of it and you feel the need to upgrade straight away, however for a beginner it is a cheap and good alternative.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
James L

James LCanberra

Excellent Ride, Great for Beginners

Learner legal bike, relatively light and easy to maneuver around. Great for city riding and ok for country riding. The reason for this is because the bike gets thrown around with the wind on open roads and the 250cc engine doesn't really give you enough power to overtake at speed.

A full tank gives me approx. 330km on the bike.

Overall, a great starting bike but an upgrade would need to be considered once you have passed your Ls.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Phoenixflame

PhoenixflameSouth Australia, 5169

The best bike ever

What do you mean discontinued??? This is such an awesome bike. Plenty of power and is nimble and quick.
I have the one in Kawasaki Green and it's been through thick and thin with me. I even took it to Melbourne from Adelaide once and there were no issues with it. Fuel economy is good too, so don't be expecting to break the bank by riding this baby

Date PurchasedApr 2009

Ninja 250r what a super bike

Traded my fireblade for this little bike as I was driving fast everywhere on one wheel it was getting silly ! Kids wife at home ...somthing had to give. picked up my ninja 250 r and omg wot a great bike handles fantastic brakes are solid just overall a really lovely bike with out bein silly ! Will get you too shops or out with mates on a Sunday I'm having more fun on this little bike then on blade....real world power...5star

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Spot on !

What a fantastic bike, every ride is an absolute ball ! Quick, almost telepathic handling . Reliable , the most reliable bike I've ever owned. Nippy performance - not fast , but feels fast . Good pickup and mid range but runs out of puff above 10 tho , rpm . Practical top speed ..140 kph , just right for NOT getting a ticket . I traded down from a GSX 1400 , and i ended up with the better bike . Dirt cheap to run - fantastic bang for your buck !

Ben Arkley

Good Bike.

Great Bike

ACs_Opinion

ACs_OpinionAU

Great learners bike. One of the best purchases of my life.

FPiragibeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

cruisyazz
cruisyazz

Hunter

Hunterasked

Will a muffler from a 2000 ninja 650 fit on a 2007 650?

Rob

Robasked

How much for a 2014 model ninja 300?

Hi Rob
Unfortunately, this bike was my wife's bike and it was sold back in 2013, when she got her full licence (and a much bigger bike). I really have no idea on values for these bikes anymore. Maybe www.bikesales.com.au can give you a clue. I'm sorry for not being able to help.

jeeptwo

jeeptwoasked

How do you stop the gas tank from whistling? I got no idea... I would love to hear from someone

FPiragibe

Well, first of all, we sold this bike 3 years ago, when my wife got her full licence. But she had put more than 24,000km on it before that and she didn't complain about this a single time. Hers was an early 2012 model. 'sorry for not being able to help.

Get an answer from our members and Kawasaki representatives