Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager ABS

Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager ABS

See the Best Cruiser Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

2018 voyager stalling issues

Cruising along 45mph stalled again. 5th time. Diagnosed by factory rep at3000 miles. Repaired and returned only to stall twice in last 400 miles. WTH. I see kawasaki has had stalling problems on 1700 for past 10 years. O rings were replaced ran great for 400 miles. Have absolutely no confidence in this bike.

Purchased in May 2018 at Kawasaki Dealers for $17,000.00.

Mileage 3,400 km
Handling
Suspension

!st and last Kawasaki

Date PurchasedOct 2010

This bike is dangerous to ride

3 times this bike has almost cased me to crash. There is an issue with front end wobble and I don't believe Kaw wants to acknowledge the problem. Bike was great 1st 2 years. 3rd year and 17000 miles it started shaking when deceleration. Steering head bears wheel bears axle and numerous tires bike still has a problem. Dealer can find and Kawasaki has been no help. Do not buy.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
steve

steveColborne

Great Bike

I find this bike to get me where I want to go in the most comfortable way. Smooth, great handling, the heat does not bother me, but I hear rumblings from others who have one. Not as torquey as my Goldwing which I had for awhile, but it is a great motorcycle. I would buy another one. Pretty good sound system, too, I added the rear speakers for added rocking, but a higher wattage unit would definitely be an added asset., AND my wife likes it..

Chris@acp

Chris@acpmelbourne

Voyager 2009 ABS

NevilleDapto

Comfortable cruisy machine

Larry Hauber
Larry Hauber
Neville

Parts in Australia far too dear

Ashbeare

AshbearePenrith

Comfort

I purchased the Voyager second hand with 9000 on the clock, 2 1/2 years old. Now 12,000.

moved up from Vulcan VN900. getting more kms from the 1700 than the 900 with same sized tank. that reflects just how efforless the riding is. get home from 500k ride (little over 1 tank full) feeling better than 100 k ride on the VN900.

Bit hot when stationary or moving in slow traffic, i fitted a heat deflector which has eased the problem.

Ignore rain while you are moving. absolutly great machine.
Ease of riding love the ipod facility
The heat, but bearable.

Great full equip touring bike......

4 stars out of 5 Extremely confortable for driver and rider, well equip, lots of storage fuel average 5.7 lt per 100 km ( 50 miles per gallon). cruise control nice but seem to jerk a little when engaging CC. FM radio good , antanna could be improve range not the greatest, AM Radio horrible reception, riding is smooth, downshifting is ok at best, hard to find neutral from 2nd gear, from first gear perfect. wind protection is superb but it restrict the airflow over an already Hot motocycle. Voyager 2012 run almost as the 2010-2011 model. nice addition of two trip meter, fuel average meter nice tool. overall I would buy Voyager again especially at $16.200.00 for a brand new motocycle
Price, comfort, storage, fuel economy,
Heat distribution

rogeretkathy.roy
rogeretkathy.roy

Michael S.

Michael S.asked

Is there a way that you can move the trunk back on a 2018 Vulcan Voyager? I have seen videos to modify the bike so that you can remove it completely, but I just want to move mine back an inch or 2.

Mike Oasked

Anyone ever put a stabilizer bar on the there bike and that fixed the shaking of the front end , just wondering

Mike Oasked

I have a 2013 Volcan Voyager 1700 , why does the front end shake so bad.i have new tires, new bearings? Balanced tires , air in tires r good . We can't finger this out , help please

ty12

Have you tried replacing steering head bearings? If not this may fix and if it doesn't sell the dang bike there is no fix

Mike O

We have done everything, nothing has worked. I'm gonna try lower the air in the front tire. I called the bike dealership and basically they said dont take ur hands off the bars , wow right. Thx for the comment thou , I appreciate it

ty12

I had the same problem with my 2012 vaquero. Never did get it fixed dealer spend several hours on it they even contact kaw mo help what so ever. After 3 years of fighting it I sold it.

Get an answer from our members and Kawasaki representatives

CategoryCruiser Bikes