Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager ABS

• Fuel Efficiency
  • Comfort
  • Handling

2018 Kawasaki Voyager

Purchased in June 2018 for A$20,000.00.

Noise Level
Handling

Until someone doesn't better it's Kawasaki forever.

I have had my 2010 Kawasaki Nomad for a long while now. 30k and not one problem. Makes plenty of power and handles flawlessly. I have no idea what people are talking about with front end wobble or stalling as I have had no such problems. Only thing I have ever had to do with it is change oil and keep tires on it. I dont like Hondas styling. Yamaha left the big cruser game to long and time will tell if they stick with it. Suzuki makes some nice bikes but none as well set up. Indians cost too much and are lacking in dealer network. Harleys cost too much to buy and maintain. Until the others step up their game it's Kawasaki forever.

Purchased in August 2014 for A$7,200.00.

Noise Level
Mileage38,000 km

2018 voyager stalling issues

Cruising along 45mph stalled again. 5th time. Diagnosed by factory rep at3000 miles. Repaired and returned only to stall twice in last 400 miles. WTH. I see kawasaki has had stalling problems on 1700 for past 10 years. O rings were replaced ran great for 400 miles. Have absolutely no confidence in this bike.

Purchased in May 2018 at Kawasaki Dealers for A$17,000.00.

Mileage3,400 km
Cruiser Bikes

Find out how Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager ABS compares to other Cruiser Bikes

!st and last Kawasaki

Date PurchasedOct 2010

This bike is dangerous to ride

3 times this bike has almost cased me to crash. There is an issue with front end wobble and I don't believe Kaw wants to acknowledge the problem. Bike was great 1st 2 years. 3rd year and 17000 miles it started shaking when deceleration. Steering head bears wheel bears axle and numerous tires bike still has a problem. Dealer can find and Kawasaki has been no help. Do not buy.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
steve

steveColborne

Great Bike

I find this bike to get me where I want to go in the most comfortable way. Smooth, great handling, the heat does not bother me, but I hear rumblings from others who have one. Not as torquey as my Goldwing which I had for awhile, but it is a great motorcycle. I would buy another one. Pretty good sound system, too, I added the rear speakers for added rocking, but a higher wattage unit would definitely be an added asset., AND my wife likes it..

Chris@acp

Chris@acpmelbourne

Voyager 2009 ABS

NevilleDapto

Comfortable cruisy machine

Larry Hauber
Larry Hauber
Neville

Parts in Australia far too dear

Cruiser Bikes

Find out how Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager ABS compares to other Cruiser Bikes

Ashbeare

AshbearePenrith

Comfort

I purchased the Voyager second hand with 9000 on the clock, 2 1/2 years old. Now 12,000.

moved up from Vulcan VN900. getting more kms from the 1700 than the 900 with same sized tank. that reflects just how efforless the riding is. get home from 500k ride (little over 1 tank full) feeling better than 100 k ride on the VN900.

Bit hot when stationary or moving in slow traffic, i fitted a heat deflector which has eased the problem.

Ignore rain while you are moving. absolutly great machine.
Ease of riding love the ipod facility
The heat, but bearable.

Great full equip touring bike......

4 stars out of 5 Extremely confortable for driver and rider, well equip, lots of storage fuel average 5.7 lt per 100 km ( 50 miles per gallon). cruise control nice but seem to jerk a little when engaging CC. FM radio good , antanna could be improve range not the greatest, AM Radio horrible reception, riding is smooth, downshifting is ok at best, hard to find neutral from 2nd gear, from first gear perfect. wind protection is superb but it restrict the airflow over an already Hot motocycle. Voyager 2012 run almost as the 2010-2011 model. nice addition of two trip meter, fuel average meter nice tool. overall I would buy Voyager again especially at $16.200.00 for a brand new motocycle
Price, comfort, storage, fuel economy,
Heat distribution