2Kawasaki Vulcan S

Suspension
Fuel Efficiency
Comfort
Handling
See the Best Cruiser Bikes in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

jgb
jgb7 posts

2018 Vulcan S

Have had the bike for a couple of years now. It looks good (orange and black duco). Is reliable and a great transport for short distances. The only negatives are an uncomfortable seat and gearing is too low which means high revs at freeway speeds. On the whole, I am glad I bought it instead of the 883 Harley. Show details
Overall
Performance
Peter D
Peter DQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

phantomfire83
phantomfire83

Excellent bike

I bought my Vulcan S from brand new this time last year and i can’t see myself ever letting it go. I had one minor problem with it cutting out back in January which was a burned out cable under the seat, it’s perfect since it was repaired under warranty. The bike is very torquey and smokes every cruiser I’ve put it against. Over long distances the seat could be more comfy and there’s no wind protection so I put on a puig windshield and it’s made a world of difference, also the rear suspension is shocking (i hurt my back going over a small bump in the road).I’d highly recommend it but not for first time riders as in low gears if you don’t have good throttle control the bike will be bunny hopping down the road. Show details
Overall
Performance
TGTSydney2 posts

An awesome motorcycle

This motorcycle is a beast of a machine in every sense of the word.

With amazing torque power, how this is regarded as a LAMS approved bike is a mystery.

It has all the comfort of a cruiser but with a Badass 650 Ninja sports bike motor that smokes most Harley’s. Im not surprised it’s rated 14th fastest cruiser 0-100km in 4.2 secs.

I bought the 2018 model in matte black with gloss black highlights, had it factory fitted with the extended reach seat, bars and pegs a windscreen and vintage fog lights.

Rides awesome with matching killer looks. I will be buying a tourer but will NOT be selling this bike.

I believe it will be rated as a must have classic in the future.

lambchops
lambchopsbrisbane10 posts

Sleb
Sleb

Great bike

Just a fantastic bike. Smooth and easy to ride. Looks great. Only thing I would make a negative comment about is the color range available in Australia. Black or white are the 2 options you have. Matt black looks good though and that’s what I purchased. If your looking for a lams approved cruiser then check out the Vulcan S

DamoonTwoQLDNorth Queensland, QLD50 posts

Roach
Roach

Great Lams cruiser

Got mine little over a week ago , so far i am loving it ...very easy and fun to ride and comfy as ..can ride for hours non stop ,runs very smooth around 4K rpm...I'm getting a lot of complements on the bike at the lights and servos .Highly recommended for anyone who is looking for a LAMS cruiser :)

Andy

MJR-Love To TestQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD13 posts

Nik Xl
Nik Xl2 posts

Great sports cruiser

Great sports cruiser derived from Versys/Ninja 650 platform. Powerful. Reliable. Well balanced and easy handling. Modern styling with slammed rear end gives it that muscular cruiser shape. Recommend aftermarket exhaust for better road presence and performance, as factory exhaust is restricted and quiet. Lots of positive comments from those who see it. My daily commute, rain or shine. Fun to ride with heaps of low down torque, which makes it easy in stop start traffic, but also good on the open road. 8500km and faultless so far. Good value bike for the price. Vulcan S accessories finally coming onto the market now, so plenty of options to customize.

Benny8 posts

LAMS cruiser that handles and goes

Best lams cruiser I test road. Heaps of power and take off and it actually handles it's a perfect mix of fun and comfort. Highly recommended for any rider. I love mine. Had since new and now done 2000ks. It has a low centre of gravity and it does not feel as if you are riding a 230kg bike. I think this will take over as the.Best lams cruiser anyone who rides the xvs and the Vulcan will no what I'm talking about! Thanks Kawasaki I'm chuffed!

Johanna
JohannaKeith South Australia2 posts

Good ride at a affordable price

Bought above mentioned bike about 3 months ago.Has just done 1000km on it. Good and comfortable ride. Perfect for ladies and those ones with short legs ! Enough power. Will definitely add the small visor (shield). Only regret - Kawazaki only import the white and purple. Bought a white one and had it resprayed in the original Candy Lime Green. Bit pricey but more than worth it.

Show reply

Sheepie
Sheepie

What's it like loaded up at 110kph? Is there still plenty of power for a quick overtake of someone holding you up or is the speed ramp-up a bit gradual?

Also, how many km's can you get out of a full tank on country roads? What's the range of the bike on a tank?

My old CBR600F4i I had in my early 20's probably could have done Sydney to Canberra but the most I ever risked the tank was 320km with the last 30-40 in Sydney with plenty of servo's around. I'd like to be able to do that trip with no stopping as I do in a car (Google Maps lists door to door as 340km).

TGT

Yep still has plenty of power to overtake over 100km. I get around 370-380km to a tank on country roads.

Shezza

Hi, am thinking of buying a 2015 Vulcan 650 taken one for a test ride 1,500km on it. Seems to be quite vibrational & rough in the grips is thus normal?

DamoonTwo

Sorry for the delay in responding but I found the Vulcan to be quite smooth and the only time it felt a bit rough was when the bike was sitting at about 3k on the tacho. Apart from that I believe it is easily the best option in the LAMS cruiser class

Matt
Matt

Does anyone know for a fact if the ego fit adjustments on the vulcan are done for free or if there is a cost?

Benny

It's a cost you pay at the dealer. I'm 5ft11 and standard fit is perfect for me.

Shezza

Done for free they adjusted mind just to take it for a test ride. But seat you have to pay for.

Jason H
Jason H

Seems to be Free in the USA but in Australia you pay for a long or short reach seat same with the foot peg adjusting rod. But its not much and you keep the standard gear to sell with the bike.

Extra Information