Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

• Suspension
  • Fuel Efficiency
  • Comfort
  • Handling

great bike loves to torque

its only a 900 cc but does me for the riding i do i can sit on a 140 no problem ,at a 120 klm if you open the taps the job gets done , love it handles well ,400klms to a tank full it wont beat a sports bike off the mark but a sports wont cruise or look as sexy ,,my opinion i just love my vn900. when i take the twins for a walk i have fun.

Purchased in October 2020 for $5,500.00.

Noise Level
Pedro

PedroPerth, WA

Still LOVE Kawasaki after 40 years

Purchased in June 2019 for $8,000.00.

Jonesy

JonesyThe Mallee, VIC

Excellent reliable bike

This was my upgrade from my starter bike, 2009 model, to say I’m happy is an understatement, power instantly, easy to handle, 21inch front wheel corners great, stock pipes are quiet, l have recently fitted freedom pipes, and the sound is great, (though load) fuel economy is fine, no problems to mention yet even last owner, only serviced it never caused a drama.

Purchased in March 2019 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $4,500.00.

Warren

Warren

One hell of a bike

I purchased a 2017 Vulcan custom recently and I am so happy I did. I was deciding between a couple of bike's, but as far as handling, comfort and performance, this bike gets the big thumbs up. The looks are fantastic, with lot's of people commenting on the bike. Kawasaki this bike is a winner.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
lamar

lamaratwater

TOOOO much noise engine & gear

I have been ridding 48 years and this bike makes more than my 1942 Harley .Who in their right mind would make a ride bike to be this noisy, whine & clank here there and everywhere A Harley is much quieter. If I would of know this before I bought it I wouldn't of owned it. I'll say one thing it will be my last Kaw and i have many of them in the post 48 years. I just have nothing good much to say but it does handle great.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Bevo

BevoWangi Wangi

Brilliant

I bought this 2008 model 10 years old and about 46k. Looks great, very comfortable, and pleasantly surprised when I topped up the3 tank the other day - getting something lie 20km per litre (not exact). Not done a long trip yet, but the bike is perfect for me with my replaced knees and hip - low to the ground and comfy.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Kawasaki Hit A Home Run With This One

Bought a 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan custom 5 years ago used with 12000 miles on it.Had not ridden a bike in 25 years. Choose the Vulcan because it I loved the look,was relatively light weight and has a low center of gravity . I feel lucky because the bike turned out to be a total joy to ride, handles like a dream and is well designed and built.This bike is beautiful and has plenty of power at 903 cc. The only negative is a stator issue which I did have to replace at 35000 miles.The design and engineering of the bike is still the same in 2018 as 2009 .Five stars.

Date PurchasedJune 2013

Truly enjoy my VN900 custom sport.

After not riding for over 35 years, I decided to purchase an '08 VN900 custom sport. It had 9500 miles and as of today I just turned 19,500 mi. So far had to replace the clutch cable and recently a battery. About to get my second oil change (every 5000 mi.).
I must say that I could not have made a better choice. The bike is lipstick red and the compliments are endless. Lots of chrome, stock pipes, and black engine. SHARP.
The bike handles great with a low center of gravity. I am 67 years old and bought the bike 3 years ago. I needed a bike that I could handle for long time and not worry about it's weight. Go on many long daily rides (250-300 mi.) and the bike runs great.
Thank you Kawasaki.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Werewolf

Werewolf

Perfect Trade

Michael Ripke

Michael Ripke

The perfect bike to cruise around melbourne.

for somebody who had all his life had sport bikes, I highly recommend it. Cruising in style could not be easier. Longer distance or quick drives, no problem. did a few upgrades but nothing major. Easy on service and maintenance. 21inch front wheel is easy to control. Gears are changing smoothly. Pillion is always happy with an upgraded seat.

Date PurchasedMar 2011
Stratrat

StratratAuckland

More fun than a rattlesnake down your trousers.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great mid size cruiser

Have the candy lime green 2008 custom, had 20000 klm, now has 75000klms. The 21inch wheel makes it so easy to handle at low speeds, feels like a sports bike in the twisties. Heaps of power, and very comfortable changed seat to saddleman touring. I can get around 380 klm out of the 20 lt tank, and easily do over 500 klm in a day and not feel sore. I am 154 cm and weight 59kg so a bit of a shrimp, but I touch ground with both feet and handle bike well. Only con is the stator and rectifier problem with this model. I would recommend this bike for a new rider or an older person. Stay upright friends. Kermit

Date PurchasedFeb 2008
Tammy

TammyPerth, WA

Awesome cruiser

I highly recommend this bike. I have been ruding for 20 years now and always rode Harley Davidsons. Although i still have a love for them this bike has done just fine. Easy to handle for women riders. 900cc gives you plenty of power. You can dyno tune these with a power pak and new filter which will give you extra power but you dont really need it. Mine has a bobber kit on her and riders always think its a harley by the sound and look. Great take off feels steady around corners and hugs the corners nicely. Riding country roads it climbs to 110 no problem no shaking . Holds great in windy weather and is good on fuel. Hope this helps riders to feel like they made the right choice.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Touring at its best

Done 7000ks,lot of long distance riding.I'm six foot and I fit beautiful with the bike.Also get about 350ks to the tank so its a brilliant tourer.Live in coffin bay,rode originally from adelaide,been the round trip again via york peninsular.Also been to whyalla and back,and up to streaky bay,elliston twice.Get many compliments about the looks

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hek

Hek

Early days but enjoying the ride

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Dave

DaveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beats an over priced Harley any day.

I've owned quite a few bikes, but only fell in love with my VN 900 custom after riding it. What a giggle, easy to ride, reliable and what a motor. Whats not to love, my only issue it needs twin disc's up front, i had my brake lines braided. After 150k's a day my hips and knees can get pretty sore. Id like a 25 litre fuel tank. My bike was the 2014 lime green. Vance and Hines pipes, tried the power commander but more problems than its worth. All in all, i had considered buying a Harley wide glide, but why spend all that extra money on a designer label. To close i'd never have know the joy this bike brought me had i not owned one.

1shotSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Bike

Owned this bike now for 2 months and cannot fault it. Good for the long rides and great around town. Miss my temp and tacho guages from when I had my sporty, after market guages can help in that department. But I am still one very happy man. Impressed by smooth motor and ride of the bike.

Peto64

Peto64Sydney, NSW

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan custom Brilliant.

I recently picked up my new 2014 vulcan custom and it is the best bike I have ever owned. It looks great in the bright green and turns head wherever I go. Its got plenty of go when needed but this is the type of bike you just don't need to or want to go fast. Great sound from the V twin motor which will sound even better when I get rid of the factory pipes. Handles well for a cruiser it is suprising how far you can lean it before running out of clearance. Nice slick gearbox and the Kawasaki positive neutral finder is brilliant, finds it everytime. Very comfortable riding position which just soaks up the Km's. Overall couldn't be happier.

Brilliant !!!

I purchased my Vulcan, placed a large wind screen & an "over drive" or "6th gear cog" from "Mean Cycles" [link removed] in Miami, speak with [name removed], he is Brilliant & sooo helpfull. The original exhaust was already de-baffled which gives it an incredible "growl". Looks awesome with a wash & polish.
Fuel economy is brilliant, handles awesome, is very comfy. Performance is excellent with heaps of power & torque. VERY cheap to service & maintain. I looked around for 6 months at the other cruisers in the same range & couldn't go pass the Kwaka.
All in all, Briliant bike.

dundee2391966

dundee2391966

Great bike

2013 900 custom. Done 30000 ks in 12 months. Fitted vance and Hines short shots and a sissy bar/rack. Easley get 25 ks per litre. Heaps ofstick for a heavy bike n a heavy rider. I hope to do 100000 ks in 3 years. Looked at all other new cruisers on the market and the Vulcan is the smoothest ride with the most grunt in its class.