5Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

Suspension
Fuel Efficiency
Comfort
Handling
See the Best Cruiser Bikes in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

shags a.e
shags a.e4 posts

great bike loves to torque

its only a 900 cc but does me for the riding i do i can sit on a 140 no problem ,at a 120 klm if you open the taps the job gets done , love it handles well ,400klms to a tank full it wont beat a sports bike off the mark but a sports wont cruise or look as sexy ,,my opinion i just love my vn900. when i take the twins for a walk i have fun. Show details
Overall
Noise Level
Pedro

Handling
Jonesy
JonesyVICThe Mallee, VIC7 posts

Excellent reliable bike

This was my upgrade from my starter bike, 2009 model, to say I’m happy is an understatement, power instantly, easy to handle, 21inch front wheel corners great, stock pipes are quiet, l have recently fitted freedom pipes, and the sound is great, (though load) fuel economy is fine, no problems to mention yet even last owner, only serviced it never caused a drama. Show details
Overall
Warren
Warren2 posts

One hell of a bike

I purchased a 2017 Vulcan custom recently and I am so happy I did. I was deciding between a couple of bike's, but as far as handling, comfort and performance, this bike gets the big thumbs up. The looks are fantastic, with lot's of people commenting on the bike. Kawasaki this bike is a winner.

lamar
lamaratwater3 posts

TOOOO much noise engine & gear

I have been ridding 48 years and this bike makes more than my 1942 Harley .Who in their right mind would make a ride bike to be this noisy, whine & clank here there and everywhere A Harley is much quieter. If I would of know this before I bought it I wouldn't of owned it. I'll say one thing it will be my last Kaw and i have many of them in the post 48 years. I just have nothing good much to say but it does handle great.

Bevo
BevoWangi Wangi15 posts

Brilliant

I bought this 2008 model 10 years old and about 46k. Looks great, very comfortable, and pleasantly surprised when I topped up the3 tank the other day - getting something lie 20km per litre (not exact). Not done a long trip yet, but the bike is perfect for me with my replaced knees and hip - low to the ground and comfy.

Marcopolo
Marcopolo

Kawasaki Hit A Home Run With This One

Bought a 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan custom 5 years ago used with 12000 miles on it.Had not ridden a bike in 25 years. Choose the Vulcan because it I loved the look,was relatively light weight and has a low center of gravity . I feel lucky because the bike turned out to be a total joy to ride, handles like a dream and is well designed and built.This bike is beautiful and has plenty of power at 903 cc. The only negative is a stator issue which I did have to replace at 35000 miles.The design and engineering of the bike is still the same in 2018 as 2009 .Five stars.

Nick
Nick

Truly enjoy my VN900 custom sport

After not riding for over 35 years, I decided to purchase an '08 VN900 custom sport. It had 9500 miles and as of today I just turned 19,500 mi. So far had to replace the clutch cable and recently a battery. About to get my second oil change (every 5000 mi.).

I must say that I could not have made a better choice. The bike is lipstick red and the compliments are endless. Lots of chrome, stock pipes, and black engine. SHARP.

The bike handles great with a low center of gravity. I am 67 years old and bought the bike 3 years ago. I needed a bike that I could handle for long time and not worry about it's weight. Go on many long daily rides (250-300 mi.) and the bike runs great.

Thank you Kawasaki.

Werewolf
Werewolf7 posts

Michael Ripke
Michael Ripke11 posts

The perfect bike to cruise around melbourne

for somebody who had all his life had sport bikes, I highly recommend it. Cruising in style could not be easier. Longer distance or quick drives, no problem. did a few upgrades but nothing major. Easy on service and maintenance. 21inch front wheel is easy to control. Gears are changing smoothly. Pillion is always happy with an upgraded seat.

Stratrat
StratratAuckland3 posts

KERMIT
KERMIT

Great mid size cruiser

Have the candy lime green 2008 custom, had 20000 klm, now has 75000klms. The 21inch wheel makes it so easy to handle at low speeds, feels like a sports bike in the twisties. Heaps of power, and very comfortable changed seat to saddleman touring. I can get around 380 klm out of the 20 lt tank, and easily do over 500 klm in a day and not feel sore. I am 154 cm and weight 59kg so a bit of a shrimp, but I touch ground with both feet and handle bike well. Only con is the stator and rectifier problem with this model. I would recommend this bike for a new rider or an older person. Stay upright friends. Kermit

Tammy
TammyWAPerth, WA17 posts

Awesome cruiser

I highly recommend this bike. I have been ruding for 20 years now and always rode Harley Davidsons. Although i still have a love for them this bike has done just fine. Easy to handle for women riders. 900cc gives you plenty of power. You can dyno tune these with a power pak and new filter which will give you extra power but you dont really need it. Mine has a bobber kit on her and riders always think its a harley by the sound and look. Great take off feels steady around corners and hugs the corners nicely. Riding country roads it climbs to 110 no problem no shaking . Holds great in windy weather and is good on fuel. Hope this helps riders to feel like they made the right choice.

Socket
Socket

Touring at its best

Done 7000ks,lot of long distance riding.I'm six foot and I fit beautiful with the bike.Also get about 350ks to the tank so its a brilliant tourer.Live in coffin bay,rode originally from adelaide,been the round trip again via york peninsular.Also been to whyalla and back,and up to streaky bay,elliston twice.Get many compliments about the looks

Hek