4Kawasaki W800

Andrew FNorthern Region, NSW4 posts

Tony Knight
Tony KnightSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

W800street2020- exhaust failure at 13,000km

Bike has been fun to ride since purchasing from Brisbane Australia dealer in June 2020
Bike was shop demo with 110km in clock
Sadly the exhaust system cracked out of warranty and Kawasaki Australia advised in writing that while it was unusual they don't think it is manufacturing defect so are not interested in helping with cost to replace part
The bike is stock standard, only used on sealed roads and was returned for factory recall regarding exhaust nut issue when advised
I am writing this review in the hope that other owners may be able to inspect their exhausts prior to end of warranty and save themselves a $1900 replacement bill
Any questions feel to PM me
Cheers Tony Show details
dx020406AU25 posts

W800 cafe - underwhelming

A year ago I bought this bike because I'd always wanted to try a W650 or W800 and riders I spoke to seemed to like their bikes. I bought it interstate and made the mistake of not having a test ride first.
I have a Moto Guzzi 750 and an SV650 and these two bikes are more fun to ride. I've decided that I don't particularly like 360 degree twins. I did 1200kms in the first month and since then it has sat unused and up for sale.
The finish is extremely good. Nothing else I can say. Show details
Aaron
AaronGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dean
DeanMid North Coast, NSW10 posts

Bob
Bob3 posts

Excellent to modify

One of the easiest bikes to modify to improve look and handeling. Great comeback of the classic W. This bike will give anyone who enjoys a project a lot of options. Easy tune ups and installations of improved parts. I have replaced mudguards, food pegs, mirrors, speedo, handelbar, leavers... You name it. It's looking now better than one of these customs that you buy in a shop. Great project bike for someone who once to get into it... and yes it rides well too.

Show details

Mark Sims
Mark Sims135 posts

MeltingDog
MeltingDog7 posts

S. Kumar
S. KumarChristchurch3 posts

Simply gorgeous

Bought one in NZ, sept 2012. A simple bike for simpler times. Works best at a unhurried speed, with no destination in mind. Screen, panniers will spoil the look in my opinion and there are better suited bikes around. But if you just want something that makes you smile everytime you ride it and have strangers stop to compliment you on your bike, this is it. A keeper.
Useful torque means no need to constantly change gears around town.
Not built for speed or touring in comfort.
brucie
brucie6 posts

Tony S.

I have a 2022 W800 with 450 miles. My low fuel light came on so I filled up the tank. Now my speedo flashes low fuel and the amber low fuel light flashes. I’ve ridden an additional 25 miles or so and have shut down and restarted but can’t get the flashing to stop. Any ideas.

Barry G.
Barry G.
Tony S.

About the same mileage I have. I pulled the fuse box pulled all the fuses and reseated them, that seems to have worked for me so far but i have only ridden about 30 miles since then due to weather. But it did start right up with no problem.

Wally
Wally

Does anyone have experience with fitting bar end mirrors into the handle bar of w800? there seem to be a solid plug on the left and I am not even sure what is inside the handle bar on the tortle side. has anyone fitted mirrors successfully?

I Bell
I Bell

Hi there. Can you tell me the fuel capacities of a W800{2011). What is left in the tank once the low fuel light comes on? Ta.

dx020406

sorry but I can't help you because my W800 cafe has been parked up for a year and i didn't ever fill it.
There will be an online owners handbook for it with this info

Angus
Angus

Hi. Capacity is 14 litres. Fuel light comes on when you have around 3.1 litres remaining. That should get you at least 75kms if doing highway riding and a little less if around the city