MT-07LA, MT-07HO, MT-07TRA

• Handling
  • Suspension

ChrisSouth Australia

Best all round bike

Purchased in December 2019 at Honda Dealers for A$9,600.00.

Noise Level
Suspension
James

JamesHunter Region, NSW

Awesome Motorcycle!

I stand behind what other people are saying. Fantastic motorcycle, I’m normally a Honda fan but decided to buy the MT-07 HO over the Honda and I’m certainly glad I did. It’s smooth, powerful, comfortable and affordable. There are plenty of after market parts available so you can customise as much or little as you like. I normally get buyers remorse but not for this purchase. I love it, have not regretted a minute of ownership. Owned it for about 6 months.

Purchased in November 2019.

Mileage 3,500 km

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Kaptin Kyle

Kaptin KyleBrisbane

amazing bike

this bike is amazing for a learner approved bike. super quick and easy to ride. you would not even need to upgrade when getting opens. they look really nice also. they are a bit pricey but worth the tag. plus its always nice getting through the traffic quick and spending little on fuel.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Jake

JakeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love!

I have had my my-07 for 2 months now. I think it’s a really good bike for the price point. I use to commute and it’s very comfortable with the wide wing seat that allows you a few different riding positions (I’m 6 foot) and is way more power then I will even need.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
AZZY

AZZY

Best Bike ever made

I had this bike few months ago and let me tell you this was one of the best bike i have ridden, Smooth on road, perfect road grip and the speed.. just amazing.
You can get the bike.. ride it for few years and again sell it.. the resale value is really good as it is a YAMAHA engine

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Olesya

OlesyaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love my baby:)

My dream bike:)
Very comfortable position while riding.
Reaaally quick start
I put Titanium Acropovich exhaust and customized the look of the bike, and now - its simply masterpiece!
Every detail works like a clock
Japanese engine wins of course over all
Never let me down:)
Highly recommend
A bit quick for learners tho

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Yazz

YazzAU

Very easy to ride

I brought this bike about 2 months ago upgraded from a LAMS approved perfect stepping stone for me as a female rider , light and easy to maneuver, perfect for those long trips, fuel efficient loud , I love the colours silver and purple, so easy to take corners as it doesn't have the fairings, can see your Blind Side very easily.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Rakesh

RakeshPerth

Nice body

Yamaha usually only makes the top quality bikes and with the MT-07 they have proved me right it gives me an amazing fuel efficiency and it's really smooth to drive looking at the immensely high speeds it can reach. It is honestly a pleasure to drive it every day. Love it.

DamoonTwo

DamoonTwoWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Definite possibility

John

JohnCentral West, NSW

Nice looking

Nice looking..very fast smooth bike...Well priced $10000 on road....Seat will need repadding with a thicker foam..not a hugh cost..Will become uncomfortable in time. Being picky though...Learner approved who should take caution. Be aware services due are not cheap...$300 to $400 so I'm told as yet to hit 1000km service...Hard to go wrong with a Yamaha...Cheers

Timo38

Timo38Jamberoo

MT owner

I purchased my MT 07 new in February and have been very happy with performance, handling and fit and finish. I feel for the price of the bike it is great value, would recommend the bike to anyone looking for an entry level street bike or LAMS approved road bike.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
The King

The KingSouth Australia, 5000

Love it

Loved it from the beginning. Looks good, goes great and very reliable. Modified throttle stop in order to get full throttle and that makes a huge difference in drivability. A little vibration due to the cross plane engine, but who cares when you're enjoying the freedom. Rear shock is a little soft for my weight & height, 6'1" 100kg and no I'm not obese like all the doctor's charts claim.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Andrew.H

Andrew.H

This is perfect

taking it off the lot was hard going from the XVS650 16 classic but after a few days i quickly fell in love with it haha unfortunately I'm not getting enough mileage out of of it as I would like to hopefully I fix that with a few weeks as it's a beautiful ride and the freedom is unbelievable

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Greg M

Greg M

Awesome ride!

Purchased the bike as a commuter (coming from a sports bike). Has been a great improvement for the long ride (> 45 min each way) and the ride position is perfect.

Was a bit worried coming from a higher powered sports bike to a 2-cylinder parallel twin, but the power and torque are amazing. Can be improved even more with an after-market exhaust but that will be down the track.

Plenty of power in any gear, engine is very quiet, and breezes through traffic with very smooth steering.

Great bike and I highly recommend it!!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Brian

BrianCentral, SA

A fun bike that has character

Yabloody hoo!!!!!

I'm 68 yrs old had more bikes than i can remember and been riding 55 yrs. 1Ltr sports, nakeds,2 stroke screamers, big tourers, you get the picture. The mt07ho is perfect just about the best fun bike I've ever had. Got a yoshi exh. system great! a mate said to me, rowdy little bugger init. Given he rides a REALLY noisy Harley, praise indeed. Its very very light,fast enough, and wheelies like a mad thing (I,m 68 not dead!) Ifyou don't want to buy one don't ride one! cause you will, you've been warned. John.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Too Good

Hadn't ridden a bike at least 20+ years. Didn't even test ride one. Brought New with 2 Brothers Exhaust. So much fun. Sounds Deadly goes great . Can't wait for a track day hopefully Mallala. You won't be disappointed if you purchase this bike. Forgot to mention hhow much Low Down Grunt it has ...Well Done Yamaha. Too Good.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

RoyBoyPerth, WA

Great Advanced Learner`s Bike

Date PurchasedAug 2016
JamesHRL

JamesHRLBrisbane

Best Bigginer < Middleweight Bike

My understanding is this is the Fastest Lams bike on the market and it lives up to that easily, riding with my friends they cant keep up maxed out when i feel like im cruising, white and black is best colour as it makes the bike look a little bigger and defined i suggest an exhaust to complete the picture but as i am drawn to a more sport like look i am considering the 2016 honda cbr500r but my dream bike is by far the 2012 Honda CBR600RR

Personal opinion as well as all other reviews youll find CBR's are the most comfortable to ride

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Rey Castillo

Rey Castilloasked

Yamaha MT-07

can i still ride my mt O7 after reaching its 1st 1,000km mandatory change oil for ANOTHER 500k?

D4N1EL985

D4N1EL985asked

MT-07LA

Hi guys,
I have just finished my two day training course and I am about to go for my learners next week. I've had my eyes set on an MT-07LA (Blue) and would like to ask for some honest opinions. Now I am a big bloke, 6'3" @ 145kg, and I would like to know if this bike is going to be right for me? I rode a Honda CB125 (1st bike i've ever been on) for the course with no issues. I am guessing with the higher engine output, the MT-07LA is going to be bigger and certainly more powerful. I have been reading that the back suspension/shock isn't all that great and I am wondering if my being a bigger build is going to make this bike an unlikely choice (which will be very sad if that is the case.) It is going to be my daily commuter as we're selling our two cars for a new upgrade, the wife gets the car, I get a bike, YAY!!!

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan...

Chris

Hi there, this will be alot different for you as the bike is very Torquey. I weigh just over ninety kilos so my experience is different to what yours would be. Most bikes are tuned to suit a ninety odd to a hundred kilo rider, I'm unsure of what riding experience you'd have on a stock suspension mt07. The only thing I'd be worried about for you is definitely the suspension, the power and anything else you'd be worried about is all up to your control :) if you're just going to be commuting the bike will be absolutely fine, it's just if you decide to take it for a more spirited ride in the twisties you'd probably pick up the suspension imperfections. Honestly just take one for a test ride, you'd be surprised how willing dealerships are to let you take one for a test ride. They're a beautiful bike to ride and when I test rode one it caused me to buy it haha whoops wish you luck in your bike hunt :)

Doogal33asked

Yamaha MT-07

I am an older bloke and brand new to the world of motorcycle riding. I have sought advice from a number of mates, some like me older blokes not long starting out and others who have been riding for many years. I have my L's and now its time to buy a LAM approved first bike. I am 6'0" and 105kg's. The Yamaha MT-07 comes highly recommended and my first choice but from the comments here may not be the ideal first bike. I have also considered the Kawasaki z400 and Z650 and Honda CB500F. I am looking to buy new rather than save a couple of grand and buy second hand. Any feedback welcome.

Chris

Hi there, personally the mt07 is an amazing first bike. If I had the budget that would've been my go to hands down, the only down side of the mt07 would be the suspension but that'll only affect you if riding hard in the twisties. If riding semi aggressive or laid back riding the mt07 is absolutely incredible! The torque these bikes produce and the exhaust note (akrapovic full system fitted to demo bike) caused me to fall in love with the bike & found myself purchasing the bike even though beforehand I had no intention of buying it. I had my full licence and had no problems with buying a learner approved bike, the mt07 has no lack in power for the road and especially for a learner. You will not regret purchasing this bike, I hope this helped you a little :) good luck

Doogal33

Thanks Chris, feedback appreciated. The 07 looks fantastic but I am a little concerned it may get away from me though due to my inexperience and its torque/power. Probably the best looking bike of the bunch and as a few of my mates have told me, its all in the wrist. You only go as fast as the turn the throttle. I am leaning towards the CB500F with its less torque etc but this might be a false sense of security.
cheers
Craig

Chris

Hi again, the mt07 is very Torquey indeed but it is just like you said all in your wrist :) I must say I was experienced with powerful bikes beforehand, I found the mt07 to be very forgiving in the way the power does come on. Yes if you give it a handful your front wheel will go up in the first two gears but to be honest you'd have to be meaning it to actually get it there, when you're learning on it just take it nice and easy and you'd be very surprised at how easy these bikes are to ride, extremely forgiving in corners due to the soft suspension that I think you being inexperienced will definitely benefit from. I've owned both the lams and HO version and I had to get the second as I absolutely loved the bike and the character that comes with it :) if you decide to take one out for a test ride, trust me you will not regret it. All the best with your bike hunting, be careful though as the test ride will make you want it haha
Sorry for the late response, no notification of your response.