MT-07LA, MT-07HO, MT-07TRA

• Comfort
  • Handling
Quoc

QuocSydney, NSW

great lams bike but its a rust bucket

- great lams bike, reliable engine
- spongey brakes, braided lines and ebc pads help
- gearbox can be clunky even with proper synthetic ester/poa oil
- rust bucket overall, steel frame and swingarm. the swingarm is notorious for rusting. Alot of the bolts and screws end up corroding or rusting after a few yrs.
- awful front and rear suspension, sort of ok for street use but once u push it a bit its quite dangerous.

ChrisSouth Australia

Best all round bike

Purchased in December 2019 at Honda Dealers for $9,600.00.

James

JamesHunter Region, NSW

Awesome Motorcycle!

I stand behind what other people are saying. Fantastic motorcycle, I’m normally a Honda fan but decided to buy the MT-07 HO over the Honda and I’m certainly glad I did. It’s smooth, powerful, comfortable and affordable. There are plenty of after market parts available so you can customise as much or little as you like. I normally get buyers remorse but not for this purchase. I love it, have not regretted a minute of ownership. Owned it for about 6 months.

Purchased in November 2019.

Hung PhamSydney

My second motorcycle

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Kaptin Kyle

Kaptin KyleBrisbane

amazing bike

this bike is amazing for a learner approved bike. super quick and easy to ride. you would not even need to upgrade when getting opens. they look really nice also. they are a bit pricey but worth the tag. plus its always nice getting through the traffic quick and spending little on fuel.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Jake

JakeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love!

I have had my my-07 for 2 months now. I think it’s a really good bike for the price point. I use to commute and it’s very comfortable with the wide wing seat that allows you a few different riding positions (I’m 6 foot) and is way more power then I will even need.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
AZZY

AZZY

Best Bike ever made

I had this bike few months ago and let me tell you this was one of the best bike i have ridden, Smooth on road, perfect road grip and the speed.. just amazing.
You can get the bike.. ride it for few years and again sell it.. the resale value is really good as it is a YAMAHA engine

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Olesya

OlesyaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love my baby:)

My dream bike:)
Very comfortable position while riding.
Reaaally quick start
I put Titanium Acropovich exhaust and customized the look of the bike, and now - its simply masterpiece!
Every detail works like a clock
Japanese engine wins of course over all
Never let me down:)
Highly recommend
A bit quick for learners tho

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Yazz

YazzAU

Very easy to ride

I brought this bike about 2 months ago upgraded from a LAMS approved perfect stepping stone for me as a female rider , light and easy to maneuver, perfect for those long trips, fuel efficient loud , I love the colours silver and purple, so easy to take corners as it doesn't have the fairings, can see your Blind Side very easily.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Rakesh

RakeshPerth

Nice body

Yamaha usually only makes the top quality bikes and with the MT-07 they have proved me right it gives me an amazing fuel efficiency and it's really smooth to drive looking at the immensely high speeds it can reach. It is honestly a pleasure to drive it every day. Love it.

DamoonTwo

DamoonTwoWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Definite possibility

John

JohnCentral West, NSW

Nice looking

Nice looking..very fast smooth bike...Well priced $10000 on road....Seat will need repadding with a thicker foam..not a hugh cost..Will become uncomfortable in time. Being picky though...Learner approved who should take caution. Be aware services due are not cheap...$300 to $400 so I'm told as yet to hit 1000km service...Hard to go wrong with a Yamaha...Cheers

Timo38

Timo38Jamberoo

MT owner

I purchased my MT 07 new in February and have been very happy with performance, handling and fit and finish. I feel for the price of the bike it is great value, would recommend the bike to anyone looking for an entry level street bike or LAMS approved road bike.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
The King

The KingSouth Australia, 5000

Love it

Loved it from the beginning. Looks good, goes great and very reliable. Modified throttle stop in order to get full throttle and that makes a huge difference in drivability. A little vibration due to the cross plane engine, but who cares when you're enjoying the freedom. Rear shock is a little soft for my weight & height, 6'1" 100kg and no I'm not obese like all the doctor's charts claim.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Andrew.H

Andrew.H

This is perfect

taking it off the lot was hard going from the XVS650 16 classic but after a few days i quickly fell in love with it haha unfortunately I'm not getting enough mileage out of of it as I would like to hopefully I fix that with a few weeks as it's a beautiful ride and the freedom is unbelievable

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Greg M

Greg M

Awesome ride!

Purchased the bike as a commuter (coming from a sports bike). Has been a great improvement for the long ride (> 45 min each way) and the ride position is perfect.

Was a bit worried coming from a higher powered sports bike to a 2-cylinder parallel twin, but the power and torque are amazing. Can be improved even more with an after-market exhaust but that will be down the track.

Plenty of power in any gear, engine is very quiet, and breezes through traffic with very smooth steering.

Great bike and I highly recommend it!!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Brian

BrianCentral, SA

A fun bike that has character

Yabloody hoo!!!!!

I'm 68 yrs old had more bikes than i can remember and been riding 55 yrs. 1Ltr sports, nakeds,2 stroke screamers, big tourers, you get the picture. The mt07ho is perfect just about the best fun bike I've ever had. Got a yoshi exh. system great! a mate said to me, rowdy little bugger init. Given he rides a REALLY noisy Harley, praise indeed. Its very very light,fast enough, and wheelies like a mad thing (I,m 68 not dead!) Ifyou don't want to buy one don't ride one! cause you will, you've been warned. John.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Too Good

Hadn't ridden a bike at least 20+ years. Didn't even test ride one. Brought New with 2 Brothers Exhaust. So much fun. Sounds Deadly goes great . Can't wait for a track day hopefully Mallala. You won't be disappointed if you purchase this bike. Forgot to mention hhow much Low Down Grunt it has ...Well Done Yamaha. Too Good.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

RoyBoyPerth, WA

Great Advanced Learner`s Bike

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Ashton S.

Ashton S.asked

Yamaha MT-07

Might come across as a dumb question but I'm looking at buying an MT07 whilst on my L's, being a learner the bike must be completely stock however, I heard that the akrapovic exhaust comes as a stock option when buying an MT07 and is therefore legal. IS THIS TRUE? Thanks in advance <3

Chris

Hi there, no mods for a learner bike period.
People do whatever anyway but if you get pulled over and the cop knows their stuff, probably will lose your licence for riding an 'illegal bike'.
Also if you by some chance have an accident with said mods.. Big chance the insurance company will not pay out, depending on how good the assessor is. They usually like to find loop holes to to not pay the bike out.
Your choice, can run the risk or play by the rules :)
All the best

Shelbie

Shelbieasked

Yamaha MT-07

I am thinking of buying a MT-07, i am only 166 cm and am wanting to know if the seat can be lowered. I currently ride a cruiser CMX500 which is the right height for me.. Would appreciate advice thanks

hello Shelbie,

i am 162 cm, 62 kg and i handle the MT07 very well and given that you ride the cruiser CMX500 as your perfect bike, the MT07 will be an easier and breezy experience.

i recommend to go into the store and ask for sitting on it and also a test ride.

to answer your question, yes the seat can be lowered.

Hung

Rey Castillo

Rey Castilloasked

Yamaha MT-07

can i still ride my mt O7 after reaching its 1st 1,000km mandatory change oil for ANOTHER 500k?

Compare all 3 Yamaha MT-07