4Yamaha MT-07

Handling

Lukey
LukeyBrisbane13 posts

best mid range naked

Have owned a big litre Yamaha among other bikes and the MT-07 is the best for around town and a squirt through the hills, sounds good too with an Akro. A lot of comments about handling on the earlier models, mine is the 2019 model and the handling is good. Good narrow bike for lane splitting, super torquey, economical with still got a lot to offer at highway speeds. Highly recommended and still puts a smile on my face. Surprises bigger bikes off the line with its power to weight and torque, you just have to lean forward. Show details
Quoc
QuocSydney, NSW2 posts
  MT-07LA

great lams bike but its a rust bucket

- great lams bike, reliable engine
- spongey brakes, braided lines and ebc pads help
- gearbox can be clunky even with proper synthetic ester/poa oil
- rust bucket overall, steel frame and swingarm. the swingarm is notorious for rusting. Alot of the bolts and screws end up corroding or rusting after a few yrs.
- awful front and rear suspension, sort of ok for street use but once u push it a bit its quite dangerous.
Overall
Performance
James
JamesHunter Region, NSW4 posts

Awesome Motorcycle!

I stand behind what other people are saying. Fantastic motorcycle, I’m normally a Honda fan but decided to buy the MT-07 HO over the Honda and I’m certainly glad I did. It’s smooth, powerful, comfortable and affordable. There are plenty of after market parts available so you can customise as much or little as you like. I normally get buyers remorse but not for this purchase. I love it, have not regretted a minute of ownership. Owned it for about 6 months. Show details
Hung Pham
Hung PhamSydney10 posts
  Verified MT-07HO
Kaptin Kyle
Kaptin KyleBrisbane41 posts

amazing bike

this bike is amazing for a learner approved bike. super quick and easy to ride. you would not even need to upgrade when getting opens. they look really nice also. they are a bit pricey but worth the tag. plus its always nice getting through the traffic quick and spending little on fuel.

Jake
JakeSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Love!

I have had my my-07 for 2 months now. I think it’s a really good bike for the price point. I use to commute and it’s very comfortable with the wide wing seat that allows you a few different riding positions (I’m 6 foot) and is way more power then I will even need.

AZZY
AZZY4 posts

Best Bike ever made

I had this bike few months ago and let me tell you this was one of the best bike i have ridden, Smooth on road, perfect road grip and the speed.. just amazing.

You can get the bike.. ride it for few years and again sell it.. the resale value is really good as it is a YAMAHA engine

Olesya
OlesyaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC15 posts
Yazz
YazzAU5 posts

Very easy to ride

I brought this bike about 2 months ago upgraded from a LAMS approved perfect stepping stone for me as a female rider , light and easy to maneuver, perfect for those long trips, fuel efficient loud , I love the colours silver and purple, so easy to take corners as it doesn't have the fairings, can see your Blind Side very easily.

Rakesh
RakeshPerth4 posts

Nice body

Yamaha usually only makes the top quality bikes and with the MT-07 they have proved me right it gives me an amazing fuel efficiency and it's really smooth to drive looking at the immensely high speeds it can reach. It is honestly a pleasure to drive it every day. Love it.

DamoonTwo
DamoonTwoNorth Queensland, QLD52 posts
John
JohnCentral West, NSW5 posts

Nice looking

Nice looking..very fast smooth bike...Well priced $10000 on road....Seat will need repadding with a thicker foam..not a hugh cost..Will become uncomfortable in time. Being picky though...Learner approved who should take caution. Be aware services due are not cheap...$300 to $400 so I'm told as yet to hit 1000km service...Hard to go wrong with a Yamaha...Cheers

Timo38
Timo38Jamberoo2 posts

MT owner

I purchased my MT 07 new in February and have been very happy with performance, handling and fit and finish. I feel for the price of the bike it is great value, would recommend the bike to anyone looking for an entry level street bike or LAMS approved road bike.

The King
The KingSouth Australia, 500028 posts

Love it

Loved it from the beginning. Looks good, goes great and very reliable. Modified throttle stop in order to get full throttle and that makes a huge difference in drivability. A little vibration due to the cross plane engine, but who cares when you're enjoying the freedom. Rear shock is a little soft for my weight & height, 6'1" 100kg and no I'm not obese like all the doctor's charts claim.

Cornelis claassen V.
Cornelis claassen V. · MT-07

Small droplits of oil out of exaust on my brand new 2022 MT07, what could it be its an all stock motorcycle?

Lowis
Lowis · MT-07LA

Is the MT07 LA as fun of a wheelie machine as the MT07 HO or is it a completely different experience?

angus s.
angus s. · MT-07

So I've just bought a MT07 Lams bike and I have only received one key with the bike and looking at getting a spare, does the Aus model come with a immobiliser or will I be able to cut a key to the same as my current one and be able to use it?

SJT
SJT

I think you need the immobiliser key to program the new key. I have an Xsr700 2016. I just read the manual.

Leigh H.