Triumph Bonneville T100

Triumph Bonneville T100

See the Best Naked Bikes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Triumph

• Comfort
  • Handling

BobSydney, NSW

Street Twin

Purchased in July 2019 for $12,000.00.

barry hurst
barry hurstWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

barry hurst bunderberg

have owned a triumph t 120 Bonneville 2018 bought new love the bike .seat is very uncomfortable sore tushi after 1 hour front spokes have started to rust very poor quality chrome plate never use water to wash always dry clean spokes a friend told me about the spokes rusting so I was always cleaning them with a damp cloth triumph will not do anything about the spokes they said it was lack of cleaning what a joke the bonny is always spotless other than those 2 things happy with the bike

Purchased in October 2018 at sunstate motorcycles for $18,755.00.

Cliveh
ClivehGippsland, VIC

I love it but it's not for everyone.

I purchased this 2010 model last year with 10,000km on the clock. It doesn't come with a tool kit, is muffled to meet some nanny state legal requirement, and has a seat that looks like an ironing board....but it is moderately powerful, handles well and looks incredible. I have covered over 5,000km in the past year and the bike has not given me a single headache. I don't care where it's made or that a couple of parts are plastic, the standard of finish is excellent. Not only does this bike make me happy it is popular wherever it goes.

Purchased in July 2018.

Trumpynut
Trumpynut

Long term review

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Chris
ChrisSydney, NSW

I love my Trumpy

I had not ridden a bike for nearly 20 years. Then a friend convinced me to do so again. I bought a Bonneville T100 from Procycles in Hornsby and have never been happier. It really hugs the road. What a great bike ... should have bought this one years ago.

Date PurchasedJune 2014
Michael R
Michael RPort Charlotte, Fl.

Can't take it anywhere.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

makes me smile

Bought my 2013 T100 Black after 25 years away from bikes. I always wanted a Bonnie in the 70's & 80's but the reliability issues kept me away so opted for Jap bikes.I have had the new Thai built Bonnie for 3 years now and have had zero issues, it is stock standard apart from an upgrade to the Triumph sports pipes (much improved sound). I love, it is not the fastest, not the loudest, and doesn't have that "look at me" vibe, it just makes me smile every time I am on it.

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Insipid

I bought my bonny because I loved the old school stiling, too smooth, too bland, uninspiring, a real shame, I thought I'd love her, carb disguised fuel injection, green warning signal lights, fuel warning light that can't be seen in the daylight, a smooth, and uncomfortable seat that you can skate on, a myriad of 'points' that niggle me. She's up for sale after 3 months of owning her...

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Other Naked Bikes

The best of old school combined with modern reliability.

After many months researching both 1960s bonnies and the modern variant, I went for a 2015 T100 black.
Why? Because it is smoking hot and classicly cool.
You get the best of both worlds, a fun easy bike to ride with many modifications available to truly make it your own and that classic British look that is timeless.

A little update.
After 8 months this bike is a joy to ride. The only modification I've done is thuxton style handlebars and bar end mirrors. I'm planing on a few more in the next few months.
It is the perfect base for a cafe racer and has the reliability we dreamed of in the sixties.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

GEORGIE GARSIDEQUEENSLAND, 4879

What a Ride This is.

Just converted my 03 T100 into desert sled, removed all factory road gear, replaced with high mounted chrome guards, 5 inch head light, small indicators, single seat, 2 into one exhaust, trials universal front tyre, heavy duty motor cross rear, small universal rubber mounted tail light, alloy sump guard, re located ignition switch and rectifier, love to send picture. Rides great in the dirt, very responsive and handles well. Not bad for a 77-year-old fruit cake.

Triumph
Mark B.Triumph

Would love to see some pictures. Please send them through to info@triumphmotorcycles.com.au

wepo
wepocanberra

dissapionted 2012 t100

I may have expected to much having owned 4 Meriden triumphs in years gone by. But I found the new one uncomfortable especially with the seat that resembled a babies change table. I found it ran wide in corners, slow braking, and jerky efi. My 32 yr mg lemans better.

Uncomfortable,poor fueling, ran wide through corners,bad brakes not a $14k bike.

Bonnie StyleSydney

2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 - Black

breno272
breno272

the spokes breaking on the rear wheel is a bigger problem

Rui1975
Rui1975
Bonnie Style

Still no spoke issues...15K now. All good. Final conclusion after 3 years, great bike ! :)

02 triumph bonnieville

Paul Turvey
Paul Turvey

Had any problems with primary drive makin a noise.

slimey
slimey

No not at all

Enjoy owning this bike immensly

Bought the T100 12 months ago after 30 yrs+ away from bikes. Chose T100 because I liked the look of its style,the riding position and the idea of riding a Trumpy. I thought it was manufactured in the UK and assembled in Thailand, so not worried about that, nor am I bothered by sound of factory pipes. Just done a 3200k ride over 8 days in 43 degree heat and didn't notice any problems with bike, while seat is a bit hard after a while and did have bum issues not enough o give it away, am going too give a sheepskin a go.
Fun to ride even for 65yr old
Panniers v.poor quality had two in a year both failed

Good

Bike handles and stops well. Could have made more effort in keeping the weight down. Disappointing to read that it is made in Thailand and not the Old Dart (UK)but so far quality can't be faulted.
The retro look is great and turns heads. Engine is very tractible even with 2 up.
Pipes blue quickly. Foot pegs always seem to be in the way when you stop aand put your feet down. Std silencers are too quiet and it sounds like a sewing machine. Accessories seem unnecessarily expensive.

Ian
Ian asked

It's a Scrambler question - the heat from the upswept pipes is too much in the Sydney summer heat - do the Arrow two into one pipes make a difference to the heat on my legs?

Bob

Sorry I can't answer that question. I only have experience with the Street Twin. I would wrap around the Srambler pipes if possible. Deus in Camperdown certainly has some ideas for you.

Trumpet
Trumpetasked

Hi, Since fitting nitro air shocks to my 2009 Bonneville mag I've experienced some steering wobble. What's your thoughts? Thanks .
Angelo (trumpet)

GEORGIE GARSIDE

Hi, Trumpet, I have had no problems with nitro shocks, standing at the rear of your bike check the distance wheel rim to frame on both sides, I can only think wheel could be out of line, also mounting bolts are fully tightened, regards George.

Rick
Rickasked

Does a speedster sissybar fit the 2003 triumph bonniville ?,.... Thanks very much

No wont fit,

Triumph
Mark B.Triumph

Hi Rick, sorry but it will not fit due to the difference in the width of the rear guards on these two bikes.

See all Triumph Bonneville T100 questions

Get an answer from our members and Triumph representatives

CategoryNaked Bikes