YP, KA4
See the Best People Movers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kia? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Expert Review

• Comfort
  • Features
Hoff
HoffMelbourne

PLATINUM - Wouldnt Go Any Other Model For This Year.

Purchased in May 2020 at Wayne Phillis Automotive for $60,000.00.

DavMaree
DavMareeSydney, NSW

Family mover, Doggies too!

We bought this 3 yrs ago and it has been a dream to drive. The seat and steering wheel warmer has been delightful on the cold winter mornings. A seat setting for me and one for hubby means I don't break my back trying to slide a heavy seat forward anymore. Dogs find it a good height to jump in and out of and grandkids with the side step. The auto brake is one annoying feature and battery has died since purchase. I think the power options i.e. side doors, boot etc, without the engine on drains it.

Purchased in September 2019.

Jacquie
JacquieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

You won't be disappointed!

Purchased in November 2015 at Kia Dealers for $65,000.00.

Mike
MikeLaunceston, TAS

Fit for purpose

Daily driver for all family activities; serviced at home; we fitted a tow bar and trailer braking kit to tow our jayco swan and box trailer.
We bought the basic 2017 ‘S’ model diesel for our family of 6 (no fancy automated doors / boot). We normally have the centre row middle seat removed so the kids can just walk into the back. The diesel is economical, I can get 8l/100km towing 750kg carrying 6 passengers. As expected it doesn’t tow well on steep gravel surfaces, however the traction control is surprisingly good and got us out of trouble towing off road.
Heaps of space in the boot for luggage and camping trips.

Purchased in January 2018 for $29,000.00.

Kia carnival crash

Purchased in April 2016 for $35,000.00.

Absolute piece of junk!

2016 GDI model. Owned since new. Problems so far: Horn stopped working, entertainment screen needed replacing, left blinker gets stuck and won’t turn on, electric sliding door won’t lock and shows an error, wiper reservoir leaks causing the reservoir empty error to show & now the bonnet won’t open! The cable has either snapped or come loose. Avoid this car and Kia like the plague. $50k for a piece of junk!

Purchased in December 2016.

Joe
JoeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Drives ok, comfort is terrible

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Great space while it lasted

Kia Carnival SLI diesel. A daily driver that my wife and 4 kids loved. Great space and cheap to run. A little rough idle when cold. Serviced exclusively by Kia who provided good service. Unfortunately 3rd year electric sliding door failed. 4th year wiper washer water bottle cracked, multimedia display failed, rear electric struts for hatch sagged and finally brakes failed - likely master cylinder failure or ABS module. All faults covered by warranty however each repair was a month each. I had enough and traded the car with brakes failed for a Toyota. My wife cried as she lost her nice bus. A husband can only be so patient.
My advice for Kia - a good reputation takes years to build but only minutes to destroy.

Purchased in March 2016.

Lindsay
LindsayMurray Region, NSW

Great car if it would steer straight

Purchased my new carnival platinum May 2019 four wheel alignments later it still won’t steer straight. Just wanders off to the left constantly and I’m driving with the steering wheel right hand down .
It’s off putting and dangerous!

Purchased in May 2019 at Kia Dealers for $59,000.00.

Find out how Kia Carnival compares to other People Movers

Great design, poor quality execution, and even poorer warranty execution

Purchased in August 2019.

Gaza Jimbo
Gaza JimboPerth, WA

Good vehicle let down by Kia Australia & Wangara dealer

Purchased in October 2016.

Family HRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Wonderful!

Purchased in April 2019 for $45,000.00.

Garry W.
Garry W.Sydney, NSW

Not living up to the U.S Senota model

Purchased in September 2019.

TransmissionAutomatic
BoughtNew
Leah
LeahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Plenty of room

I do so much running around taking kids back and forth to after school sports training and games on the weekends. It has plenty of room and great for when I have the grandkids too who are both in child restraints. So far we have had no problems with it and fingers crossed it stays that way.

Purchased in April 2016.

Ivan Lemeki O.
Ivan Lemeki O.

Great car but safety risks

Have hired Kia Carnivals and we also have to Fleet Vehicles at work.
Great vehicle and amazing performance however twice I have gotten out of the van (two different vans) and when I went to get back in it locked me out requiring RACQ having to come and unlock it.
Both times the key was in the ignition and both times the van was still running.
One was late at night and the other had my child still in the back seat!!! Luckily it was running with the aircon on.
There must be a glitch or something because I couldn’t replicate it even after trying different scenarios!?
Shouldn’t lock with key in or car on but it does at times.

Purchased in May 2017 at Kia Dealers.

Linda l
Linda lasked
Carnival

We have a 2008 grand Kia carnival, we have just had the immobiliser replaced and have now been told that the cars computer needs replacing at a cost of $4000, has anyone had this problem to deal with. Not sure to get it fixed or look at another car

Erin Nurthen
Erin Nurthenasked
Carnival

When driving my 2010 Diesel Grand Carnival at 100km an hour my car kept shutting down. It would just turn off and I'd have to let it coast off the road, stop it, turn it off and restart it. Anyone have any idea why this is happening suddenly?

melaaa
melaaaasked
Carnival

has anyone actually had any success after an engine rebuild our POS kia 2012 started blowing smoke at 81000kms and well has done nearly 17000 smoking everytime its starts (embarssing yep people the car I spent too much on near new) but since I was advised it would die which it hasn't like a cockroach that just won't give up needs the valve stem seals done but no one wants to do the job at as its a total crap show to do we are now in talks of an engine rebuild makes sure all the issues are good as how can they guarantee a second hand engine won't do the same but the rebuild starts at $4000 new engine was quoted $7000 installed probably cheaper than a new car but will I still be stuck with a POS

Compare all 9 Kia Carnival
Doors 4444
Seats 8888
Fuel Consumption7.8 L/100km7.8 L/100km7.8 L/100km7.8 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 72 L72 L72 L72 L
EngineSmartStream In-line 4 cyl. E-VGT CRDi 16 valveSmartStream In-line 4 cyl. E-VGT CRDi 16 valveSmartStream In-line 4 cyl. E-VGT CRDi 16 valveSmartStream In-line 4 cyl. E-VGT CRDi 16 valve
Max Power148kW @ 3800rpm148kW @ 3800rpm148kW @ 3800rpm148kW @ 3800rpm
Max Torque440Nm @ 1750-2750rpm 440Nm @ 1750-2750rpm 440Nm @ 1750-2750rpm 440Nm @ 1750-2750rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Manufacturer Warranty7 year(s)7 year(s)7 year(s)7 year(s)
Release dateOct 2020Oct 2020Oct 2020Oct 2020