KitchenAid Artisan

KitchenAid Artisan

KMT423, KMT223

• Even Toasting Yes (8) · No (5)
Vic M.

Vic M.Sydney, NSW

Second replacement...this one doesn’t work at first use. Buy something else!

Purchased in November 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Makes the best toast

I always thought toast is just toast. But somehow the KitchenAid makes perfect toast - evenly browned and crispy. Works well with regular and raisin bread. Maybe its a bit slower than other toasters I have had, but worth the wait

Purchased at Peter's of Kensington.

Terrible after Sales Service

Purchased in August 2020 at KitchenAid for A$179.95.

Find out how KitchenAid Artisan compares to other Toasters

Warning! Do not buy if you have a pet

I have had an awful experience after buying this toaster in August 2020. The loud beeping noise is extremely distressing to my dog and wakes up other household members. It is not possible to disable the beep sound. I am still currently trying to get in contact with Kitchenaid to return and have sent emails , online forms and spend literally hours on hold in an attempt to speak to someone about a refund. It feels like a deliberate attempt to prevent the opportunity for returns as I have seen a number of unhappy customer reviews to this effect.

Purchased in August 2020.

No value for money.

I was initially very happy with my purchase. However, recently noticed the one of the defrosting sets not working. The heating elements only work on one side of the bread. Therefore, I need to change the position of the bread to get the both side toasted. No more Kitchen Aid products for me. Not worth it.

Purchased at Peter's of Kensington for A$199.00.

ShinerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very disappointed, dry toast and crumpets

Purchased in April 2020 at KitchenAid Website .

jake

jakeIllawarra, NSW

Made in China

After having a Kitchenaid Mixer for 20yrs without a single issue I decided to try out one of their toasters as every other brand of toaster is useless.
Well turns out the Kitchenaid is no different, does everything other than what it was intended to do.
Looks good but can't make toast!
Turns out the mixer I own was made in the USA and the toaster is made in China.
Enjoy your short term profits Kitchenaid because in the long term your company name is going down the drain.

Purchased at Kitchen Warehouse for A$199.00.

Jay

JayPerth, WA

Works nicely. Annoying beeping on start. Annoying beeping on finish.

Toaster looks good.
It toasts evenly.
Automatic lowering / raising of toast works well. The sides then push in to centralise the toast.

Only downside is that the toaster makes a very loud beep when you start toasting.
And then the same annoying loud been when it finishes. It can be heard through the whole house early in the morning.

I am tempted to find the beeper and just disconnect it or stick some chewing gum over it.

Stainless steel version not that easy to clean. I would opt for the enamel / plastic varieties instead.
Was hoping for top notch quality considering price. It's definitely better than average but probably not worth the price.

Purchased in October 2019 at David Jones Online Store for A$169.00.

Joyanne

JoyanneSydney, NSW

Not Impressed

Bought this toaster nearly 3 years ago and at the time thought it could be better at toasting, considering the price tag, then it actually was! I now find it is starting to play up, I'm having to turn it off at the power because the toast gets stuck and not toasting and pressing the cancel button does nothing. It eventually decides to work but for how long? I wont be purchasing a Kitchenaid Toaster again, the quality just isn't there.

Purchased in April 2017 at Home Clearance for A$138.00.

Ladybugfunk

Ladybugfunk

We love this toaster!!

we have found this to be an excellent toaster! My favourite setting is 3 and hubby likes 4. We enjoy perfect, evenly toasted bread to our liking every time. Love it!

Purchased in October 2019 at Peter's of Kensington Online store for A$160.00.

James R.

James R.

Works well - when it works that is...

Purchased at Myer for A$250.00.

Rajiv

RajivGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible toaster

Terrible, it regularly over heats and burns toast even though its kept on a medium setting. If you use it twice in a row the toaster over heats considerably and blackens toast.

Purchased in April 2018 at Myer for A$200.00.

nellycb

nellycbAU

Loved it! But disappointed!

I purchased mine 5 years ago, loved it, however after a short time one of the elements faded. I rang and they were going to send a replacement, Still Waiting!!!

Purchased for A$240.00.

Yalin

YalinMelbourne

Great Toaster, We Love it!!

After spending hours on product review sites and YouTube, we decided to go ahead with 4 Slice Onyx Black Toaster.
Let me tell you something, I am glad we ignored many comments about "very loud beeps" and "uneven toasts", this toaster is just perfect for us. Beeps are very reasonable, in fact very helpful to alert when my toast is ready.
So far, every single toast came out perfect, all very even. We love the option of adjusting left and right slots shading independently.
In addition, the toaster looks very elegant in our kitchen and we now decided to buy a matching kettle.
My only concern, we cannot find Pro Line Kettle in Glossy Onyx Black in Australia and hope it will be available sooner rather than later?

Purchased in July 2019.

Henry15

Henry15Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it

Excellent toaster. I love the heat settings and the toast itself gets consistent heat coverage. I’m very happy with the purchase and would definitely recommend it to family and friends.

Edit: The toaster up/down mechanism failed but Kitchenaid replaced the applicance without too much fuss, although a little slowly.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$149.00.

Alexa

Alexa

Kitchenaid is the best

Take my money! I love kitchenaid so much. I was so impressed with this toaster it just feels so fancy! Love how you can change the toastiness for each slice and it beeps when ready! It looks awesome and impressive to have out on your bench.

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Underrated by consumers

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Retail Stores.

Mortishia

You are welcome. We are so satisfied with the toaster and also appreciate reading other reviews as they too assist.

MissT

MissTMelbourne

Great toaster!

Awesome toaster! Allows you to toast two sets of two pieces. Remembers settings and easy dial-up display. Beeps when the toast is finished and the keep warm function is very practical. A huge unit though, you need quite a bit of bench space for this to sit on. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Bruce

BruceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Outstanding Warranty Response

Obviously never good when a product fails, but it happens. Ours had a fault and was tripping the RCD. A pain, but their response was brilliant. A call to the support number (we'd registered it upon purchase) and they told us we'd get a new one to replace it.

This was New Years Eve, and we had the replacement by 4th January. Didn't want the faulty one back and never questioned that it was faulty.

I would buy KitchenAid again just because of this experience.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
John

JohnPerth, WA

Bought matching toaster and kettle

I bought the kettle and toaster at the same time and I am very happy with the products. Some reviews are I believe are over critical, though some models may have a design fault they are generally rectified. This applies to anything you buy. My only criticism is being unable to register the products on-line, it wouldn't recognise my address and insisted I had the wrong serial number of the kettle.

Date PurchasedDec 2018