2.7

• Safety
Sepi

SepiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Life Saver

This mini food processor/chopper is super easy to use and clean ! It is also very powerful and really you can chop anything with it . We use it on a daily basis mainly for onions, fresh herbs and garlic but we have also used it for grinding nuts and I has impressed us every time. It is one of the best purchases we have made for our kitchen and because of its size , it could be stored anywhere.

Purchased in April 2020 at Catch for A$119.00.

Product is used Daily
Used for Dips & Condiments and Ground Nuts / Nut Butters

Disappointment at broken lid

The food processor has worked well for occasional use to make hummus and salad dressing. The internal plastic pin on the lid has snapped even though the lid has not been dropped. The appliance is over two years old so no longer in warranty. It is nevertheless disappointing that the lid should fail with minimal, careful use. I would not buy another one in case the same thing happened and it is interesting to note that other customers have experienced similar problems with the lids of these machines.

Purchased in May 2016 at The Good Guys for A$119.00.

Product is used Monthly
Used for Dips & Condiments
Fiona H.
Fiona H.

Thanks. Will do.

jilly65Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

dont listen to the negative reviews, this item is awesome

I LOVE this little chopper. I dont understand people's negative reviews. YES, of course the bowl and lid has to be engaged properly for it to work! Its not rocket science people, its SAFETY. I use this daily, from dicing onions, whizzing up tinned tomatoes, chopping herbs and nuts. I love it so much I got a second bowl, which only cost me $15.

Purchased in April 2019 at catch of the day for A$119.00.

Product is used Daily
Used for Dips & Condiments and Ground Nuts / Nut Butters

blue mimiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works so well - until the lid breaks

Purchased in January 2018 at David Jones Online Store for A$119.00.

Product is used Rarely
Used for Ground Nuts / Nut Butters
Petra

PetraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service after issues with broken chopper.

Purchased in May 2018 at Flybuys reward .

Product is used Weekly
Used for Dips & Condiments

Disappointed

I bought this to use in our caravan (doesn’t take up space) However I dropped the lid on the vinyl floor of the van and all the screws sheared off from the lid. When my husband tried to fix it he said there was bits off everywhere.. I would have used it 4 times so very disappointing given the cost of the product

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Lynton Evans

Lynton EvansColac

This is the best company I have ever dealt with. They replaced my unit after 2 years without questi

I bought this product 2 years ago on line and a small spring broke l tried the local shop in Colac and they told me to ring the company in Sydney and they are great to deal with. I thought rubbish, but I randomly them and could not have been more surprised. They replaced the food processor ever though it was just out of warranty. Thanks Kitchen Aid.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Poor quality

Date PurchasedDec 2016

monty

montymornington

Can't separate bowl from base to clean

It's a very nifty little gadget which worked well on the two occasions I have used it; but several people have tried and can't separate the bowl from the base. This means that we are unable to clean it properly. We bought it last year in Mornington, Victoria and it is the only Kitchenmaid product - and I have been using them for a long time - that will have been a complete waste of money unless we are able to clean it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Belle AKitchenAid

Hi Monty, please send your Food Chopper's serial number to enquiries@kitchenaid.com.au, alternatively you can call them on 1800 990 990. They will be able to help with warranty and replacements. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Cheryl

Cheryl

Can’t remove bowl from base

As per another review, I cannot remove the bowl from the base after following instructions. My husband has also tried and it does not budge. Don’t want to use too much force as product is plastic. Can’t speak about performance as have not used, was trying to wash bowl as per recommended.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Susannah N

Susannah NAU

This is handy

Processing performance good for nuts and blitzing things up really quickly - i mostly use it for herbs and nuts but not much else which does its job - quite stylish on the kitchen bench and easy to assemble and clean every time. Attachments are standard and this is good handy little tool

Date PurchasedApr 2017
BillRW

BillRWNarara

Second lid fail

I have owned two of these. The lid fell on the floor and broke - my fault. So I organised another one. My wife was drying the lid this morning and it fell apart in her hands. The attachment pegs are very poor quality.
When it was working it was excellent and I used it several times a week.
I will have to look for another brand now I think.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Floki

FlokiGeelong

Fantastic little chopper

I just purchased this little Gem. First thing I made was Bruschetta and it was so easy to do. The motor works fabulous there is only 2 levels to use so very easy to use. It is very easy to clean (same as a NutriBullet) I love it that much I just ordered my Mum one!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Granny May

Granny MayScullin 2614, ACT

Looking at getting one. One star at the moment

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Nizo

NizoBrisbane, QLD

Works for baby food, but fairly small.

This little machine works for small tasks, such as pureeing baby food, but its bowl is too small for anything else. It is very powerful & has two modes (chop and puree). As others commented, the lid is loose and must be held during the entire process. This is not a big deal, since the power button is literally located on top of the lid.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Belle AKitchenAid

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. If you are having problems with your lid, please email your Food Chopper's serial number to enquiries@kitchenaid.com.au and they will be able to help you. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

How do you seperate the bowl from the machine base?

We purchased our 5KFC3511AER, S/N WH71076653 today from Myer Chadstone. We cannot get the bowl to seperate from the base. The manual says to hold the bowl at the "handle" in one hand and the "Base" in your other hand, and twist the bowl clockwise. It won't budge even a millimetre. There appears to be locking tabs between each pair of blocks on the bowl skirt that could be preventing the bowl from twisting. I don't want to force the situation and break something. Am I missing something?
Billie Stephan.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Jenny

JennyHobart, TAS

Great little food processor

I basically wanted something that made pesto but without the bulk of a food processor. I came across the food chopper and thought I'd try it and for $139, it was cheaper than a lot of the bigger food processors.

Anyway, it does a great job with pesto, but apart from that, I now use it for everything, and my husband laughs at how often I use it! It is great for chopping carrots, onions and zucchini. I use it for small cakes, and for making pastry in. It is also great for making curry pastes in. It also makes short work of crushing nuts.

It is also really easy to wash - not too many nooks and crannies. And it is small enough to just keep on the bench.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Robyn4305

Robyn4305North Ipswich

Snaped lid

Looks like it is very common that the lid snaps while using. All I was doing when my lid broke was chopping COOKED veggies for my grandson, so it's not real robust. But then I received this and the KitchenAid mixer as a Christmas gift from my family, and I have had to replace the beater in the mixer 2.
So their quality assurance is crap or they are making them cheap and nasty but still charging a lot of money for their products.
So at this time I would not recommend KitchenAid to anyone.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

JuliePerth

Nice easy to use chopper, poor quality appliance

I agree with the previous comment. It was great when it worked. I would have used mine only a dozen times and on reasonably light duty chopping and it did a great job until I smelt a horrible burning smell and noticed smoke coming from the machine. So I'm guessing there is no safety cut off built in. It still worked a few more times after that although I was very hesitant using it. It finally got binned after it could not be taken apart to wash. I would have expected a lot more from a kitchen aid appliance. I would not buy again or recommend this product.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Julie

I did contact kitchen aid prior to throwing it out but as it had just past the two years warranty they were unable to help any further. I no longer have it to check the serial number but probably still have the receipt somewhere. Cheers Julie

Diana Bryant

Diana Bryantasked

KFC3511

I'm having trouble getting it to work. I have been carefully following instructions about everything lining up and it seems to be in place - where am I likely going wrong? I have of course taken it apart (several times) and started again but no luck.

Carol Denison

Carol Denisonasked

KFC3511

Cannot remove work bowl from from base - any suggestions??

jilly65

take out the blade and pull handle to your left

Armida

Armidaasked

5KFC3511AER (Empire Red)

I have just bought The Breville Kitchen Aid 5KFC3511 and have not even used it yet. I cant separate the bowl from the base and now I cant get the lid back on. It is very awkward.
I will take it back to Harvey Norman where I bought it to get a demonstration but if I am not happy I will ask them to take it back and get a refund. Any help?

Kim

Hello Armida, I also found that the base and lid are tightly fitted together at first. It does get easier the more you times you separate them. Pick up the whole machine, hold it very firmly against your chest, so that the brand name is against your chest, grasp the handhold on the bowl with your free hand and then twist the bowl to the right. It should unlock. Do this a few times and it should loosen. As for the lid, put the machine on a flat surface, again with the front of the machine facing you, place the lid loosely on the bowl. You should feel the edges slot together, then twist slightly to the left and you should hear and feel it lock into place. I know - it should not be this difficult!

Get an answer from our members and KitchenAid representatives