Faulty Product

I bought this product and returned it within a week. Used it twice and the blade got jammed inside. Read on a review on here to put on floor between your legs and pull it off. Had to use a lot of strength but did eventually get it off. Returned to store immediately and they were good about it and refunded my money. This machine only has 300w of power, so I don't think it's powerful enough for a food processor. I ended up purchasing a Breville Kitchen Wizz (1000w) instead, for a cheaper cost and it has been a great buy, works very well.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Don’t waste your money

I wish I had read the reviews about this product before I purchased this machine and then I would not have bought it.
The blade gets stuck and you can not remove it. For some reason it works great but it must get over worked and then the blade gets stuck. This is the second time this has happened the first time we cut the blade off and damaged the bowl so I replaced both items and it’s happened again. It’s a very expensive item that now does not work.
Don’t waste your money!

Date PurchasedApr 2012

Wish I'd purchased anything else

I purchased this product because I was very happy with a previous purchase (mixer), and assumed that the food processor was of a similar design quality. Unfortunately it has so many design flaws; food becomes trapped in the locking mechanism, it is hard to clean, the bowl does not seal properly, and the bowl is so poorly designed that small amounts of dough work down into the processor motor i.e. there is no seal at the top of the motor casing. I had my processor for 3 months before it was un-usable. I have since returned for repair (an additional $180), and I'm still waiting 2 months later for it to be returned. When this unit breaks again, I will be looking at a Kenwood due to positive reviews by my friends.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Total waste of money, doesn't do the job it's designed for

I like to have a food processor as I make raw slices/cakes, my own pesto and I like to use it for grating when I have lots to do. Although in saying that, I probably used my appliance an average of twice a week.
My old processor died so after much deliberation and convincing by the salesperson at DJ's, I came away with a $500 KitchenAid food processor - this was 3.5 years ago. I found it was satisfactory for most uses but I would constantly have to move food around in the bowl to get things to chop/mince evenly, or there would be big chunks. It never sliced or grated that well either but, I persisted, due to what it cost.
Just shy of the 2 year warranty the motor burnt out. Customer service was quite helpful and after the unit was sent away for assessment, a replacement item was sent - although this whole process did take about 3 months. Low and behold, my warranty replacement item did the same thing on the weekend and this one is now dead too, less than 2 years old again.
I called Customer Service this morning and was advised that, according to them, the warranty period only covers the original machine despite this one having been a 'brand new' replacement for a faulty appliance.
So, like others have done, I will now purchase and much cheaper item and, like most others, continue to add to landfill which was one of the main considerations in my decision to get a KitchenAid in the first place.

I certainly don't foresee me ever buying any KitchenAid products ever again, nor will I be recommending them to anyone. Just not worth the money.
'

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Use this as a Paperweight at best

Hi Emma,

In regards to your response to your VERY SLOW response below(took over 4 weeks to get a response and even then we had to follow up), I formally request a refund for the product as it is well documented that this product has a fault as is not fit for purpose. This is a major fault as:

It has a problem that would have stopped me buying the item if I had known about it.
Does not do what I asked for or what it is normally supposed to do.
I have entered in all the relevant information below, and as per the consumer law I look forward to a swift response with detailed instructions on how to return and receive my refund for this product.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
And still no reaponse from Kitchenaid despite 2 follow up emails. Do NOT buy this second rate rubbish

I have 2 of these processors and both don’t work!

I purchased 2 of these machines, one for my sister and one for myself. Both have stopped working, I only used mine a handful of times! It looks brand new. Very disappointing and a waste of money, from memory they cost about $600 each. Now I’m trying to find an alternative machine to purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Don't buy KFP1333 food processor!

I have had 5 of these KFP1333 food processors in the last 7 years. All of them broke. KitchenAid did replace the first 4 processors free of charge (I give them credit for that). When the 5th unit broke, I finally gave up and bought a different processor, which I think is so much better. Don't waste your time with this one.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Disappointing

I purchased this food processor to upgrade my 30-year-old, still functioning, food processor. I have had it for almost four years now so it is out of warranty. Used it 20 times maximum. Whilst making a batch of shortcrust pastry, the spindal shaft became completely wedged inside the blade. Massive effort to remove the bowl from the machine and eventually the spindal. Having paid $429.00 for the machine I am now going to be up for the repair costs for what is still a relatively new machine. Very disappointing.

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Very disappointing KitchenAid Food Processor

I'd heard such great reports about the quality & performance of KitchenAid products I decided to spend more money on what I believed would be a top quality appliance.
It's complicated & challenging to use. I have to constantly try locking & unlocking to get it to work. I don't put any food into the work bowl before trying first to see whether it's going to operate or I have to take it apart & reassemble. Now it makes a high pitched noise when operating!! Very disappointing for such a high priced item.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Hi Beau, if you contact our Customer Service Team on 1800 990 990 or 02 4902 6500, alternatively you can email them at enquiries@kitchenaid.com.au. They will be able to help you with product issues. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Multipurpose blade jams on shaft

My wife received a KitchenAid KPF1333 for her birthday three years ago but has used it only six times as each time it has presented a challenge; it's like an albatross around her neck. She's used it only with the 3 litre Work Bowl and Multipurpose Blade. The blade is difficult to push on and even more difficult to remove as it jams on the black shaft. A black residue from the shaft material accumulates on the inside of the hole in the blade unit and binds the blade unit to the shaft. Apparently others have had this problem. To remove the blade unit, it is necessary to place the processor on the floor and hold it with your foot whilst grasping the column of the blade unit with two hands and tugging.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Hi Clynt, If you could get in contact with our Customer Service Team they will be able to help you with any product operation issues, you can reach them on 1800 990 990 or 02 4902 6500, alternatively the email is enquiries@kitchenaid.com.au Kind Regards, the KitchenAid TeamI 'phoned 1800 990 990 and discussed our problem with KitchenAid customer service officer, Tara, who sent us, gratis, the new Multipurpose Blade which supersedes the one which came with our 2013 model KitchenAid processor. The revised blade has a round metal shaft on top which engages with the hole in the bottom of the work bowl cover thus preventing the blade riding up on the processor's black plastic shaft during mixing and provides more positive locking.After the installation of the Multipurpose Blade which superseded the original, the processor now works satisfactorily. A minor complaint is, however, that the rod on the top of the replacement blade now prevents the replacement blade from being stored in the plastic accessory box.

Love the stand mixer; hate the processor

This is the worst food processor I've ever owned. It will obliterate part of what you're trying to chop, but leave the rest in big chunks. Fine if you want purée but rubbish for everything else. Total waste of money. Don't buy one; I'll buy Mouli or Magimix when I can afford to replace it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Hi TXH, We're very sorry that you've had trouble with your food processor. This sounds very unusual. Our Customer Service Team may be able to assist with the issues you are experiencing. They are available between 8:30 - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30 - 3pm Friday on 1800 990 990 or 02 49026500 if calling from a mobile. Hope we can be of further assistance and resolve your issue. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team.

feel like chucking it in the bin problems with bowl & lid and buttons ???

I to love kitchen aid, love my kitchen aid mixer so l thought l would buy a matching processor after my old breville processor died, sorry to say l it doesnt work always unlocking it and re locking it to try and get it to work and trying several times pressing the buttons to make it work, hate hate it feel like throwing it in the bin, not as good as my breville was !!!!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Hi Karen, We're very sorry to hear you are not happy with your food processor. This sounds unusual so it is best to contact our customer service team so they can assist. You can contact them on 1800 990990, 02 4902650 or enquiries@kitchenaid.com.au. Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team

Problem with the bowl & lid. Poor service

There seems to be an issue with the locking mechanism between the lid and the bowl. KitchenAid were great in promising a replacement lid & bowl but it's been a month & a half and I have just been told it will take them a minimum of 5 more weeks! Communication from KitchenAid has been terrible and they only give you an update if you chase them. Very disappointed.

Also apparently, we shouldn't be keeping the lid & bowl locked in all the time! This wasn't specified in the manual at all!!

Just chucked it in the bin, nuff said

I Love Kitchen Aid, I love my stand mixer and blender, hate, hate, hate this food processor, caused me no end of grief. You have to put it together one way only or it wont work, you have to push the handle one way or it wont work, the blade slips out during processing, it doesn't chop very well, its a pile of $600 rubbish. I had a lot of satisfaction opening my bin and pouring it and all of its very expensive accessories in the bin. My blood pressure went down immediately. Now to buy a simple one, just like my old Breville Kitchen Wizz, which lasted 14 years and worked every time...

Not been my best processor

I first bought the first one in around Feb last year within two weeks had an issue with it. Contacted Kitchenaid head office (Peter McInnes) and I could not fault their service. Received the new one and within months same issue. Once again contacted Peter McInnes and once again impeccable service. So impressed with their service. This week had the same issue with the latest one I received 1/7/14 and have contacted them again and waiting on a response from them. They were hit by the storm in Sydney last week so I don't mind waiting. I have the Kitchenaid stand mixer which is my favourite kitchen appliance, love it! love it! love it! Unfortunately not a fan of the processor due to my experience with it ... definitely not Kitchenaid. It has a very light base which means depending on what you are using it for it moves all over the place. If you are using it for munching up biscuits or making a cheesecake, grating vegies etc, it is the ideal machine but if you are using it for anything that needs a little bit of grunt it doesn't cut the mustard, pardon the pun. I love cooking and use my appliance very often so I really need a reliable machine that can take a bit of heavy work. I was chopping liquorice allsorts in it but it can't handle it and the blade stuck on the spindle. We got the blade off but the spindle is burred. Not game to use it.