Kleenmaid LWK74

Kleenmaid LWK74

See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kleenmaid? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Not happy
Not happy

TOUGH MACHINE, BUILT LIKE A BIG YELLOW NEW YORK CAB

Excellent big tough machine built like a yellow New York cab. Doesn't jump around your laundry on spin cycle. Not too much noise. Did get a lightning strike which happened to kill the clock timer but just make sure it is unplugged when not in use. Does a great job. One small thing I would like the manufacturer to change is the "Cycle Selection Knob". It needs to have a bigger head on it so it is easier to get a grip on to pull out with wet hands.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
disheartened
disheartenedSydney, NSW

kleenmaid LWK74

On my second machine which took a thrashing. love it just goes forever do a lot of washing especially overalls. Only just changed bearings after 10 or more years of hard use. Only objection is has no filter so get lint on clothes if I don't give it a good rinse after washing fluffy clothes. Highly recommend it to busy families.

Kleenmaid is the cheapest, most reliable washer

Cheap?
Yeah, I got rid of mine today --- after 32 years of service.
At 27 years of service it needed new bearings. At 30 years of service it developed a small leak. Finally the motor began to lose power and did not spin fast enough. It still worked when I said goodbye, but it just didn't work well enough, and the quotes for repair were far too high.
It served a family of six for most of its life.
No other machine is even worth considering.
Kleenmaid is the best machine ever made.

this machine is the best ever made in usa

I have had this machine for 15 years with no trouble the only thing was the timer went had 2 replace it and I small leak that's it didnt cost much 2 fix but I wouldn't buy any other washing machines cant beat them heavy duty unit never stops washing 24 7 and reliable washer I stand buy these machines the best on the market today

Servicing of Kleenmaid

Kleenmaid service is fully available and parts are easily obtainable.
Stokes Appliances, Parts and Service still offer nationwide Kleenmaid repairs.
Kleenmaid products were all just imported, so parts are just continued to be imported from overseas. I have a Kleenmaid at home. Had bearings, seal, drain pump, timer and inlet valve all replaced. Cost a few bob, but the machine is now in perfect working condition and is 13 years old. Look forward to another 10 plus years out of it.

sam36

How can you get it repaired when the parts are no longer available??

Trisha24
Trisha24
sam36

I too, paid out the extra $ for a kleenmaid as i was assured to get 20 yrs out of it, however, it broke down after 7 yrs and as the company had closed down there was no way of getting it repaired!

Rooster29
Rooster29

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

It's True! Its Big! Its is Tough! And it's Built to last

It's big, it's strong, when moving it took a slide down my super steep driveway, bounced on the road and it still worked, left only a dent for the memory. It cleans my queen mink blankets, no bath tubs or dry cleaners for heavy jobs. This Kleenmaid has done some miles, taken some knocks and Large loads of washing not a problem. So far spent zero money on repairs but it does need a new dial $20 online. "1" Awesome machine over 12yrs and still working. Definitely got my monies worth!
If I chose I could charge for washes by attaching a coin operated gadget.

rob2010
rob2010Sydney, NSW

I gave this machine to my parents when I moved interstate. These machines are now available under their original brand name Speed Queen, since Kleenmaid went broke. They are pricey and a replacement wasn't in my budget. This time I bought the F&P Aquasmart, which I've also reviewed. On another note, I've read through the reviews for this Kleenmaid washer and am wondering why it only shows an overall rating of three and a bit stars, when the vast majority of reviews and ratings are four and five stars.
Superb machine. Functional, practical and well-built. Washes and rinses as a good washer should. No frills, easy to use and flexible.
Never had any issues with this washer.

Platycat

I have had this machine for 20 years and have only spent $200 to have a switch fixed and that was 2 years ago and it is once again going very well, if I could buy another I would.
It washes well and has many different wash cycles as well as a soak and extra wash, has hot cold and warm washes, large enough to do doonas etc. It has knobs which I like. It is so easy to use.

I am still using this machine , still going well, now over 21 years old
I just wish they were still available I would buy again.

Bad

A slap in the face ... from Kleenmaid and SpeedQueen.
Good machine while it worked.
Gearbox carked it after 5 years. To add insult to injury Kleenmaid has gone bust and can't cliam on the 10 year gearbox warranty. Joke.

Good

bannol
bannol

fixeditmyselfSydney, NSW

Good

lyn
lyn

hi where can i get a repair manual for this machine thanks lyn