Klipsch R-100SW

Klipsch R-100SW

5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Subwoofers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A Good Sub-Woofer, Depends On Your Usage

As a stand-alone unit, I like this sub-woofer - the 10" sub fills in the lower frequencies that bookshelf / floorstanding speakers just can't reach (32 Hz - 120 Hz) with an acceptable 150 Watts RMS of power. Regarding this power figure, I'm disappointed that Klipsch has chosen to use the peak power value on their advertising for this unit - if you've got to use peak values instead of RMS then you might just have something to hide - you're better than that Klipsch.

I have mine in my Home Theatre, and in this application it is a bit lacking. My other (Klipsch) speakers simply overpower the sub. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't make this a bad sub-woofer, it just means that I have purchased the wrong unit for my usage.

This sub is more for everyday use in a Family Room etc, rather than rattling the windows in the Home Theatre - to be fair to it, this is the bottom of the range sub-woofer in the Klipsch catalog.

When used as intended, the R-100SW will absolutely do everything it says on the box - it is flexible with multiple input options / auto power on / adjustable low pass filter / phase control, and I absolutely love the way it looks. At this price point ($650 - $750) I think it sounds deeper and louder that its competition from Yamaha and Bose - I haven't really looked at any other brands though.

So for a sub-woofer that fills in the low frequencies that you are missing, is quick and easy to set up as well as being undoubtedly good looking, I can highly recommend the R-100SW - just make sure you use is in the correct room.