3.0

4.1
3.3

Debra
DebraQueensland

why can't heat resistant baking silicone be used

Why can't you use heat resistant baking silicone muffen tray in this turbo oven. Other companies and of course Google say you can. Can someone please advise my why not Show details ·  1
Waldemar
Waldemar2 posts

This is perfect, can't live without the product. Do no understan 58% negative feedbac. It's value for money

I bought the oven , I used for about 1.5 year for about$39 (~1.4 cent per day). To me it is good value for money. Show details ·  2
ray Bean
ray BeanSydney, NSW

will repair and if working will be happy

Turned on the first time light and element came on for an instant, then the element cracked and ceased working. I have ordered a new element with combined light. Hopefully when i receive my new part and fit it
,it should work, fingers crossed. Show details
E.P.
E.P.Sydney7 posts

Mer
MerSouth East Queensland, QLD

One of my favourite things

We bought this 3 or more years ago, after seeing one cooking pork belly at the markets. It’s the best value for money appliance I have ever bought - just brilliant for roasting meat and vegetables. We can use it in summer when turning the oven on is a no-no because it doesn’t heat up the,house. I’m off to buy a new one today - the bowl exploded in the sink last night! Show details
Lynda6 posts

Beware!!!!

This thing EXPLODED last night! Fortunately my son had JUST left the kitchen when it happened. We’d just put chips on to cook
Kmart   DM

We are very concerned to hear Lynda! Would you be able to share more information here: external link  or call us on 1800 124 125 so our customer can check on you and also discuss this in detail.

DissatisfiedSydney, NSW6 posts

Built in obsolesence

The oven shorted out causing power failure in house. Found the receipt, it is 13 months old so no refund due.
Previous one also conked out after 14 months. I reckon this is deliberate to make you buy another one. Show details
Kmart   DM

We are concerned to hear about this, would you be able to share more information here: external link  or call us on 1800 124 125 so our team can assist further.

elle49
elle49perth70 posts

cooks well but

this would a great little oven but it is the 2nd one that has stopped working in a very short time. Size wise it is good as i can get a whole roast dinner for the family in but unfortunately it has an issue with either not heating or just plain not turning on. Last one i had was only 3 months old Show details
Mick
Mick

Useless junk

Maybe i got a bad one but the heating element would come on in maybe 5 second bursts and go off for 60 to 90 seconds. The fan was noisy and stopped after 30 seconds in the first 10 minute pre use heat phase as instructed, and never came on again.
After this i tried to cook 4 tendies. After 20 minutes at 180 they were still cold. After another 20 with the dial to 250 i picked them out by hand and they were luke warm on top and cold on the bottom. I used the microwave to cook them instead. Cleaned it, boxed it, returned it for a refund.
Only reason i bought this was the store didn't have the normal bench top ovens. And this was to replace our 45L kmart bench oven which developed a short after 5 years and would trip the circuit breaker. Show details
K H
K HSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

The oven will cook all the foods I want it to cook

I tested the temperature of the over on the bottom rack with a Lakeland oven thermometer. The element stayed on until the oven reached 190 degrees. The element then went on and off until the oven reached 230 degrees C. The rate of temperature rise was slower between 190 and 230 degrees because the element was off some of the time. I stopped my test at 230 degrees because this temperature would meet all my cooking needs. I do not know if the temperature would have risen to 250 degrees if I had waited longer. This new model has an extra button to stop handle turning on the machine by accident and the power cord is stiffer and it is better protected against bending and heat. Show details
gypsymaggie
gypsymaggieVictoria46 posts

Not as expected

I purchased this the other day as my oven broke down. I am going to take mine back, as it didn't cook the dish in the middle, left an awful mess, cooked on the outside only. Used as instructed, was only zucchini slice, had plenty from the garden & needed to use them up, had to turn slice upside down in another dish but still did not cook through properly, would not recommend to buy this one, spend a bit more money on a good one. Had a Flavour wave but broke after 10 years of good cooking, may buy another if I can find it. Show details
Thefridgster
ThefridgsterSydney, NSW25 posts

thermostat settings much too low

I purchased two of these convection ovens ( one after I returned one) because I could not get the oven up to the stated max temperature of 250c which if you want o cook a steak is required. The best I could do was 190c when the thermostat would shut down the power and maintain the oven at 190C max. The second oven was the same so I guess that the manufactures have not calibrated the convection oven properly. I have bought 3 convection ovens from Kmart over the last 12 years and been very happy with them before. This new Anko branded one does not do the job. If you don't mind an oven that only goes up to 190c or so then it works ok. Regrettably, I had to buy another brand at twice the price.  Show details
anna 2016
anna 2016Perth, WA22 posts

Real value for money

Bought this product after seeing a more expensive ($300) one in action. The Kmart portable convection oven is $45 and does a brilliant job. Best value for money on any appliance I have owned. So easy to use and clean.

Lee
Lee

How do you set the clock for the time to be displayed on a Anjou 3 in 1 convection oven microwave grill

Kmart   DM

Would you be able to share more information here: external link  or call us on 1800 124 125 so our team can assist further.

Priscilla Buraia Q.
Priscilla Buraia Q.

If accidentally you off the power point while the oven is still on and timer is still running and when switch back on and not working what should one do?

Cooker23

I posted 2 days ago about my 12L convection oven switching on and all the time. See Below. I just went to KMart and swapped it for a new one and it is doing exactly the same thing. I am absolutely sure it is not supposed to do that. On for 10 seconds and off 20 to 30 seconds is not going to get anything cooked. Bad batch of ovens? Any more thoughts?

Dissatisfied

Just because the light isn’t on does not mean it’s not cooking. The light on mine frequently goes on and off but it is still cooking. My oven always stops working completely at about 13 months. Just after warranty expires.

Cooker23

I have previously had 2 of these types of ovens and they stay on until they reach the desired temperature. Then they cycle on and off to maintain that temperature. Basically like all other ovens, fridges, heaters and air-conditioners etc.

See all Kmart 12L Convection Oven questions