Kmart 5L Slow Cooker

Kmart 5L Slow Cooker

Loving my Kmart 3L Slow Cooker

My daughter bought us the Kmart 3L Slow Cooker about six months ago. We have at least one slow cook meal a week usually more. We use whatever ingredients we feel like on the day chicken, sausages, mince, vegetables and add cooking sauce, herbs, honey etc. The cooker is easy to use and clean. Simple settings of low, high, warm and of course off. Love it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Surprisingly useful

Simple to use - there are only three settings: off, low, high and auto (which cooks on high and after a time switches to low).
Low is about 70degC and is perfect for Sous Vide (vacuum packed) cooking.
For tough, cheap cuts of beef like osso bucco, chuck or oxtail I brown the meat quickly on a very hot BBQ - for colour and flavour.
If it's very juicy freeze the meat and vacuum pack in a food saver bag.
Put the meat in the Slow Cooker for 24 hours on low - the packet floating in two or three litres of water.
The meat falls apart under the knife blade when cutting for a casserole.
I don't think the Slow Cooker is great on vegetables as I like my spuds and carrots soft; so I finish off the casserole in a pressure cooker.
It's easy to use, easy to clean.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Use It More Than I Expected

Bought the 3 litre model as the 5 litre looked too large for just my husband and I and have found it fabulous. More than large enough for our needs and when we entertain. Use it much more often than I expected. Incredibly inexpensive, easy to use, easy to clean, cooks exactly as claimed and the 3 litre model is easy to store. It is also an attractive looking appliance - have bought a matching Kmart kettle. Would highly recommend.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

FAB.

I am very happy with the end cooking results and it is super easy to clean. The product has a nice, modern exterior & it is very fitting within a modern kitchen/house. It is extremely well priced and and it makes the best addition to the kitchen, especially in winter.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great slow cooker

Purchased this product because of all the reviews on this site. And I’m glad I did. Cheap and so efficient. I’ve used it 3x, and it is great. Still trial and error with my timings. But the product I can’t fault. It’s easy to clean and has a great look. I purchased the 5Lt as the 3Lt looked abit small. I usually only fill it half way, and it’s the perfect amount for 4-5 meals.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Hmm

Cooking wise does every thing you could expect from a slow cooker for twentt dollars you dont expect a lot of features. Kept simple not an issue.
Cleans up pretty darn easy! Little effort barely no elbow grease required! Sound product.
For the price paid its not hard to be satisfied.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great

Very happy with the cooking results. It's a little heavy. But if left on a bench it's ok. The inside can be removed and cleaned easily. Overall very satisfied With this product. The settings are good. High or low and shorter or longer cooking time. I'm Happy with this product.

Compact & Easy to use

I was in a hurry to get a slow cooker for family that was coming over, I looked around Kmart and they only either had top end or this lower end one. I decided to give the cheaper one a go and I didn't not want to over spend on something we will only use a couple times a year.. FIrst I was surprised by the weight, it was not awkward and bulk like previous slow cookers that I owed. If was as easy to use as a set and forget (I did the responsible this and checked on it). I was relieved when I saw 1 button on the front, makes it easy instead of the novel long instructions that some come with. My previous slow cooker cost me $150 and it died 2 weeks later, I spent a little $39 on this one and 6 months later it is still charging on. because of the size and weight it is actually being used alot more than expected.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

affordable and mighty

This slow cooker is amazing, very affordable, and mighty. I tried cooking a few different dishes with a very good outcome, really worth the money spent and very affordable. It can also tell that the product is built to last and I love its quality and design. Looks stylish on my benchtop and nothing burns to the bottom. I would recommend it to a friend.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Been wonderful. Love this simple slow cooker

Simple slow cooker. Does what you want it to do.
I've alwaysbeen able to get around timers by having a additional electricity timer.
But yeah this thing is great. Built to last.
And so cheap. It's one of my most used items in the kitchen itinerary.
No point spending more money on any other slow cooker in my book. This does everything you need

Date PurchasedApr 2017

i like the look of the slow cooker

This slow cooker works OK for the price and I like the look of the ceramic bowl that inserts but I have had other brands in the past that cook better. The settings function works better than other brands I've had though. The size is more suited to a family though.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Affordable and great for a beginner

I never owned a slow cooker before and wanted to see if this product suits my needs before I committed to something expensive. So far I am happy with results. I get my food cooked evenly, nothing sticks or burns to the bottom and the flavours are great. Ideally, I need something bigger for my family, however, this is a great entry-level product to try and use.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great value

I had never had a slow cooker before but hearing and seeing so many people using them I decided to try one. As I wasn't sure if I would use it very often I didn't want to buy an expensive one so checked them at Kmart and thought it looked ok and was a good price. Can't believe how often it is used and how easy and convenient it is. Even though it was a cheaper one it is doing a power of work. More than got my money back for it and it will probably get more work next year.

Home &co slow cooker

Purchased this slow cooker this year 2017 from KMart have really enjoyed using this appliance love the look it is a stylish black and silver with glass lid very easy to clean the features are exceptional and easy to operate the cooking time seems a lot better than the previous one i

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Want a fast dinner? Get a slow cooker.

This is probably the best looking slow cooker I saw when I was looking to buy one in winter. It has a vintage look about and look amazing on my bench. It takes the hassle out of dinner time and thoroughly heats up all the meals I put in it. Winter will never be the same again.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

cheap and functional

We bought this beginning of the year. Cheap and efficient. I would recommend chicken on high, if u use the slow function sometimes can be chewy. Cooks well, easy to clean. Not top of the range but you get what you pay for and its good value, I find it really good for soups.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Affordable slow cooker that works well

Kmart 5L Slow Cooker is hard to ignore. It is compact, well designed, very economical, and most importantly, it is cheap. Its capacity is enough for a small family or a couple. I tried quite a few different dishes so far and had good results every time. Heat distribution is even and nothing sticks to the bottom

Great slow cooker

I bought this slow cooker because my other one was too big and heavy for me to clean. I really like this one because it’s easy to clean, cooks really well and i can make healthy meals for myself and my small family. I recommend this if you only have a small family to cook for.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

ITs good and works as expected

Not sure what to say about this - it works well as expected. We bought this 3 months ago and have used it few times. Cooks food very well. The price is quite affordable and i think everyone should own this item if you think you like slow cooked food.

It will do...

You get what you pay for as they say. Super cute to look at but... food sticks around edges when cooking on high and the plastic handles aren’t the best quality. For the once every so often user I guess it’s okish. You’ll be hard pressed to find anything quite this cheap though.

Date PurchasedNov 2017