5Kmart Anko 5.3L Air Fryer

Compact
Impractical drawer design

Caz1310
Caz1310Melbourne67 posts

Great airfyer if you look after it well

Daughter wanted an airfryer, I didn't know anything about them and we got this one to try out in case we didn't like it. Well....2 years later we still love it and it's going strong with no issues at all. No doubt there are better/bigger/fancier ones with more options available however for the 2 of us this one is perfect and we've never looked back. Very highly recommended if you want to see if you like airfrying without making a $$$ purchase. Show details ·  1
James M.
James M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Broken handle on basket

We have an Anko AF701 air fryer and we love it, use it all the time. Unfortunately the basket was dropped and the handle broke off. Can we buy the basket by itself? Show details ·  2
Md Ibrahim W.
Md Ibrahim W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  Fair Incentive

Finding the Accessories

Hi I got this product 4 year back. Its working in good condition. But now the based and the mesh is loosing its non-stick finish and I can see the mettle (Iron). I want to know if any place i can find the accessories for this Air fryer. Does anyone had this issue before ? Show details ·  1
karl szlezakHobart, TAS2 posts

not working

As usual air fryer stopped working just out warranty. So watch out for model #AF701 Show details
Wirda
WirdaPerth, WA

Anko Air Fryer

The Anko airfryer is one of the best buys I made. I bought this 3 years ago. Lots of people have told me that anything Anko will not last but this item have been used almost every day and it is still going strong. Fried food use less oil and is more crispy and healthy. I would recommend this product to anyone wanting to buy an airfryer. Show details ·  1
TeaE
TeaEAU2 posts

Mine just wont die

My air fryer must be about 5-6 years old now. The coating has come off the bottom of the basket and the base of the cooker container part. However, I dont cook in the base and use a perforated steel plate so not worried about the peeling. It has not skipped a beat and I'm very happy considering the price I paid. When it does finally die, I will buy the same again. Show details ·  1
Ken no1
Ken no1Far North Queensland, QLD

Air Fryer Anko AF701

So far so good , very impressed. I am struggling however to find the right size of silicone liners for this model. I'm after a pack of 3 and ideally from Amazon but open to suggestion on best place to buy. The correct size is more important for the AF701 model. Show details ·  1
ms.ant13 posts

Not worth it

It was good in the beginning, within 12 months the handle broken apart, the screws went loose during cooking. The smell of the machine, smells burning plastic. Show details
MumOpinesSydney, NSW12 posts

Yummy O.
Yummy O.

Just stopped working

I was not even halfway cooking battered fish and it just stopped working. I thought the power went out. Took it back to Kmart and was told I need a receipt even though Kmart is the only place that sells these and even after I told them what the problem was, which is obviously a manufacturers fault. Apparently, I have to throw this into landfill and purchase another one. Show details
Deborah Black
Deborah BlackGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

A budget air fryer with a quality result

This air fryer was my first air fryer purchase and it has not disappointed. It's so easy to use that our children (Aged 10,12 & 14) were able to operate and understand how to use it without explanation. We have air fried fish, chips, vegetables and frozen snacks and every time the result is a perfectly cooked meal. It has a bigger than average handle and slides in and out of the basket easily. It's easy to clean and large enough to air fry for a family of 5. Show details ·  1
Nicole
NicoleIllawarra, NSW9 posts

Amazing and great price

Kmart has produced a budget airfryer that is perfect for many kitchen cooking needs. Kids love it and easy for them to use. Show details
Romana Vener
Romana VenerSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Perfect Quick Meal Maker

Economical
Straight forward and easy to use.
Cooks fish, meat and vegetable fries quickly with no fuss.
Surface material in drawer makes cleaning efficient. Show details ·  1
Jac
JacAdelaide SA10 posts

Cooks well

Cooked steak and chips and very happy with result. Pretty noisy but not sure how it compares to other brands. Easy to operate but not sure where I will stow it as rather large. Show details
Ron
RonGippsland, VIC

massive waste of electricity. will not buy another kmart airfryer

don't touch this product. if you want your electricity bill to stay as low as possible we have checked mine with the power pal and it uses 3KW per hour on 200 degrees. Ron Show details
Kmart   DM

Hi Ron, thanks for sharing this feedback with us. We will pass this onto our team.

alan b.
alan b.

can I buy anko a02502 air fryer replacement attachments? my mum gave me the oven, but she did not have all the attachments?

karl szlezak

throw it in the rubbish mate no useable parts its a throw away item.

Kmart   DM

Would you be able to share more information here: external link  or call us on 1800 124 125 so our team can assist further.

Lyn

I have used the air fryer once and all went well. Now the red release button is not functioning. It worked fine when I released the basket to clean before first use. Any ideas?

ms.ant

Is your airfryer a Kmart Anko 5.3L airfryer, because there isn't a red button on Kmart Anko 5.3L. it's sounds like you have a different brand, might be faulty

It is Anko AF701. The ‘basket release button’ is red

Samantha A.
Samantha A.

Bought this anko air fryer as a Christmas gift and my mother went to use it and the timer doesn’t count down. Is this a fault? Can I return it and get a replacement?

MumOpines

That’s faulty I reckon. Kmart are good with returns.

Kmart   DM

Hi there, we are sorry to hear of this feedback. We encourage you to reach out to your local store for further assistance with faulty products.

See all Kmart Anko 5.3L Air Fryer questions

Features:

• The Kmart Anko 5.3L Air Fryer lets you quickly and more healthily fry up a variety of snacks and meals.
  • It has a removable frying basket to place food in, and adjustable temperature up to 200°C to let you choose the optimal heat level for your favourite meals.
  • Overheat protection gives you extra peace of mind for times when you forget you’re cooking, while cool touch housing helps prevent you from burning your fingers.
  • The air fryer’s removable pot has a non-stick coating, which makes clean up a breeze.
  • This product has a 12-month warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Kmart Anko 5.3L Air Fryer was a versatile unit that cooked different foods - from toasties and fries to a whole chicken - perfectly. Some even said that it did a better job of cooking than an oven, in a fraction of the time.
  • They also said that their air fryer was easy to clean.
  • According to reviewers, this air fryer is relatively compact and doesn’t take much bench space.

A point of pain:

• One notable point of pain that some reviewers had was with the design of the air fryer’s drawer. Some reviewers said that it was difficult to insert the basket once the air fryer was hot. A few users also said that sometimes the drawer disconnected from the handle and dropped, which was a safety hazard.
CategoryAir Fryers