Kmart Anko 5.3L Air Fryer

Kmart Anko 5.3L Air Fryer

MPN: AF701

Air Fryers Buying Guide

Looking for a healthier way to enjoy delicious, home-cooked food? Read on for more information on the benefits of air fryers, plus important features to look out for when buying.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.3

Gave up after 2!!

Yes, the food cooked beautifully, so long as I knew exactly the right time to cook it for, as once the machine got hot, and I wanted to check how the food was doing, I couldn't get the basket back in until the whole thing had cooled down, about half an hour!!! Did return it and gave another machine a try but that one was exactly the same, basket wouldn't go back into the machine once it was hot, so I gave up, took it back and got my money back. That was the best part about Kmart, I was given my money back, no trouble at all.

Purchased in February 2021 at Kmart for $99.00.

Cynthia

CynthiaHunter Region, NSW

Do not recommend

Some products at Kmart are great. But the air fryers are not even close to good. I currently am on my THIRD 5.3 litre air fryer in less than a year. 1st one had holes in the bottom basket where screws should have been. 2nd one just stopped cooking foods. And the one I now have every time I use it my power is shorted, and flips the electric fuses. Not happy at all!!! Do not recommend what so ever. I now have to find another alternative.

Casper S.

Casper S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Works wonderfully

I'm amazed at the amount of things I can cook in this... Including scalloped patatoes in 20-30 minutes... I'm extremely happy with this product and would recommend it to everyone. I'm even more impressed with how the manual takes out the guess work with what to cook and how long for. Roast spuds are the fluffiest and best I've ever tasted in my 36 laps around the sun! :D

Love my anko air fryer

I love my anko air fryer but the non stick coating is coming off. Where can I purchase another basket from. Other than that it’s great best present I ever received

Purchased in January 2020 for $80.00.

Mossimo

MossimoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best out there and cheap

This unit will easily cook anything from roasted pine nuts to a whole chicken. Make sure you don't buy the smaller version. Easy to clean, and operate. Cost effective, low fat cooking. My partner can't live without it.

Purchased in March 2020 at Kmart for $89.00.

Nichola J.

Nichola J.

Can't live without it, changed my diet forever

Purchased in November 2019 at Kmart for $89.00.

cristina

cristinaPerth, WA

works well does what its supposed to

Works great, chips, roasts, all turned out really good. Washing is not that easy, as you can't use a scourer. Otherwise really good machine. Product is really easy to use, no complicated buttons. Pretty much two manual dials, very clear.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

EventuallyMaybe

EventuallyMaybeAU

Would have burnt our house down

Purchased in August 2020 at Kmart for $89.00.

Product is usedRarely
Bob

BobPerth, WA

Would not like to be without it

I upgraded from the Anko 3.2ltr, and have found the 5.3litr Air Fryer, as good as the Anko 3.2ltr but with more advantages. Still bring the cooker to temp before putting in the food, Chips and Potatoes put in bag with salt and oil then shake, empty into the basket and cook, don't forget to shake the basket a few times. Cooked a whole chicken in it, came out great, tasted nice.
Cleaning no problem, after cooking chips/roast potatoes, just wipe with a damp cloth. For baked on sugary residue, let the enzymes clean it for you, soaking in a enzyme clothes washing liquid, such as Biozet and warm water, then use nylon dish brush, works for me

Purchased in October 2019 at K Mart for $89.00.

alstonville2477

alstonville2477

Good so far, except for the fiddly drawer

I have only had this item for a short while and so far I've cooked whole roast chicken, chicken tenders, chips and beef jerky, all of which cooked well and evenly. The only criticism is that the drawer is very hard to get back in when the unit is hot. During cooking the food needs to be checked and moved around but the drawer is really hard to get back in. At first I thought there was some packaging stuck in it, but I found that its a common problem. It takes a lot of jiggling to get the drawer back in. Otherwise, happy so far

Purchased in September 2020 for $89.00.

Used it 5 times already started falling apart

I bought this fryer about a month ago from Kmart, when it arrived first thing I realised was the tray was very fiddly but that didn't bother me much.
Cooked maybe 5 or 6 meals, food come out really nice, it's done a good job. However, today I realised the plastic part on the tray has started to crack and one of the screws of the metal has come out. I know it's cheaper than other brands in the market but it shouldn't be this unreliable.

Purchased in August 2020 at Kmart for $89.00.

Product is usedWeekly

terrible

this product is good because it cooks, but thats wheren the good ends..... This product is so unsafe and if i left some food in the airfryer for 15 minutes or more the whole house would most likley burn down. This product makes the whole house smokey, I can even see the smoke upstairs! I don't know if we got a broken one, but thats not the kind of service i want. Not to mention this is impossible to close. Overall a TERRIBLE product. I DO NOT RECCOMMEND!

Lorraine

Lorraine

Love it! Wouldn't be without one.

I love my airfryer. I have had it for nearly one year and use it at least 5 or 6 times a week. Easy to use and easy to clean. A healthy alternative to frying in oil and great to use on a hot day. The price is extremely reasonable. Would highly recommend.

Purchased for $89.00.

Indrayani Ranade

Indrayani RanadeSydney, NSW

Very convenient. Cooks food in minutes

I was not sure if air fryer will be of much use since we already had the traditional over. We bought the air fryer from K mart. But it is so so convenient. It literally cooks food in minutes. Chicken nuggets cook in less than 10 minutes. I am so happy with the purchase. AT only $80, this air fryer is a game changer. Highly recommended

Purchased in April 2020 at Kmart for $80.00.

Cathy

CathyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Convenient and fast

Purchased in September 2018 at Kmart for $89.00.

reiBee

reiBee

Cooks a bit unevenly

A good starter air fryer, and good for the basics like chips. The contents cook unevenly, you need to shake the basket during cooking a lot to cook everything consistently.

Purchased in December 2019 at Kmart for $89.00.

Val N

Val N

Quick & reliable -great for kids

Very quick for kids
Great product when your short of time
Easy snacks and kids can use too
Great for anything frozen and tastes amazing . I would recommended this to anyone who has kids and those who don’t have time

Purchased in May 2020 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Annie12345

Annie12345Sydney, NSW

You won’t regret it

Love this air fryer! I heard many great things about this air fryer but was skeptic at first. Works a charm & makes me feel less guilty eating chicken nuggets or chips.

Purchased in June 2020.

Product is usedWeekly
Jordain J.

Jordain J.South East Queensland, QLD

Love it! We use it every day.

We love our air fryer, have used it every day since we bought it. It is perfect for cooking just about anything you can find in the frozen food aisle.

Purchased in January 2020 at Kmart.

Cherie

CherieWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Love our air fryer

we love our kmart air fryer works just as well as the dearer brands was great value for money chips can get a bit dried out of anyone has a tip for me regarding this everything else comes out super delicious we're very happy with our purchase and it looks great on the bench.

Purchased in November 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.