Kogan Agora Smart 4K LED Series

Many problems. Regretful purchase

Have had many problems from the start.
1. This TV boots up to a menu screen and no option to disable this.
2. CEC Function function causes the TV to freeze up completely and reboot.
3. Frequently loses time/sync.
4. The Smart features do not work. No Netflix or any other apps can be run through the operating system.
5. Will frequently come up with error "TV has stopped" whilst watching TV.
6. Speed and menu navigation is clunky and slow.
7. Picture quality is 'patchy' in that there have always been visible washed out areas on the display.
8. Not able to adjust colour range properly in 'DTV' input. People appear much pink/redder than they should.

Purchased at Kogan.com.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality
Hi Al, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that your product did not arrive in proper working order. Our suppliers work hard to ensure that all our items arrive working as they should be and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. If you have not already and you have any questions or concerns about your products, please contact our Help Desk for technical and warranty assistance here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/

The worst buy ever

We bought the tv in May 2018. It worked fine until December 2018 where when we switched on the tv one day only the Kogan sign appears on tv and nothing else comes up on the screen. When we inserted a DVD only the sound if the vedios come and the Kogan sign on the screen. Nothing else. We have tried everything we know .A month after our complaint and after consumer affairs followed up on this matter they responded. Although Kogan said to upgrade the firmware manually which was a cumbersome and ridiculous process it still didn't work. I am still waiting for them to process a refund having waited without a tv for nearly 2 months. The firmware upgrade has to be done manually by taking down wall mounted tv and inserting a usb drive at the back of the tv. Ridiculous. And it still didn't work. The worst buy ever.

Hi Anu, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that there has been a delay in your resolution being provided. Our Help Desk staff are working hard to resolve this case for you. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.Hi Ross, My problem is that they are not responding regarding the refund. The ticket generated still indicates it as a repair not a refund. The repair company confirmed to me that they have only been notified by Kogan of my case 2-3 weeks after I lodged my case with Kogan, which is inexcusable. Should I start thinking of going to VCAT as consumer affairs has advised me to do so if I don't hear from Kogan regarding the refund? Please assist me in this matter so we can get all get a resolution and avoid unwanted complications.Hi Ross, My problem is that they are not responding regarding the refund. The ticket generated still indicates it as a repair not a refund. The repair company confirmed to me that they have only been notified by Kogan of my case 2-3 weeks after I lodged my case with Kogan, which is inexcusable. Should I start thinking of going to VCAT as consumer affairs has advised me to do so if I don't hear from Kogan regarding the refund? Please assist me in this matter so we can get all get a resolution and avoid unwanted complications.

Terrible waste of money

Terrible tv. Very hard to move around and it just didn't respond. Would love to throw it away if it weren't mounted.
Feel like smashing it in for all the time wasted on it.
Operating system is useless.what's the point you'd all the apps yang features when it doesn't work half the time.
Very dissatisfied with it.

Screen failed less than 12 months since purchasing

I received the TV in February 2018. Less than 12 months, the screen exhibits a black vertical line across the screen. Apart for this, I was pretty happy with the TV. The image is acceptable. The boot time is pretty slow, but it is understandable for a low price TV. I sometimes use it to watch DVD's and it's working as expected. Although it is a smart TV, I don't use this feature. There is no link to the product, because Kogan continuously change the product models. Less than one year since pre-release, the product is now discontinued (the 65" version is still available). This is the third TV purchased from Kogan where the LCD display failed in less than 3 years, and based on my previous experience, I purchased extended 5 years warranty. I would give it more than 2 stars, if the screen didn't fail.

Waste of money and TV does not work after 1 year

Got this TV nov 2017 with extended warranty of 3 years
now the tv switch off automatically with a error on screen and remote had issues from day one of the TV being opened
does not work as a smart tv remote and its very hard to use the remote as the IR has top be in line when you wanna switchon/off
have contacted kogan via email an still no reply

i paid using Paypal so hoping paypal can help me
never buy this crap tv good to throw in the bin and you will loose the 500-600$ what you paid
better get hisense tv atleast its good in reviews
WASTE MONEY AND KOGAN TV IS VERY BAD QUALITY

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Amazing Product!

This is the best TV i have ever owned, the screen quality is fantastic! The capabilities with the apps and remote and amazing! only things i would say need improving is sound quality, having a optic audio cable option and 1 more HDMI pots (only has 3). Other than that i absolutely love this product.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Value for money

After 2 years its still going good. However I have never been able to get Netflix to work on the tv. Says required external storage. Not very explanatory with how to get it going. Picture and operating is otherwise good. There was one issue where the loading screen kept flashing in a cycle after it was turned off for a few days ran as good as new. Probably shouldn't have to do that through.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Locked/frozen Kogan screen emblem

After a year of service machine locked up and contacted Dick Smith and Kogan even though have extra warranty can't get any help. Keep getting stacks of firmware numbers which dont apply. Very poor after sales service and now going to have to complain even though purchases extended warranty very annoying

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Wasting Money & Time

It does sound that you had for yourself a bargain when you bought it at $580 a 55” Smart TV , but wait till you receive the TV and you’ll be shocked that TV of the 1980’s has better features and more solid
It takes ages to load (alot longer than any other brands)
Lots of buttons on remote control are just useless and has no function
It keeps on booting you out
Eventually after few months , it stops working
When you try to contact support , no numbers provided , and when you send an email , no one contact you ever

Date PurchasedJan 2018

BUYER BEWARE-WHAT YOU PAY FOR IS WHAT YOU GET!!

Firstly after setting up my Kogan 49” KU8000 TV I noticed how lifeless the colours were, tried resetting it, helped a bit. The sound was also very tinny, so could only watch with a sound bar. Then 16 months after purchasing the TV there’s a large clap sound and it goes completely dead. I took it to a repaire shop, there they showed me that it had blown up, due to a power surge. Of course the unit was out of warranty and even had I tried to complain they would of denied my claim even though I have a 1830 joules power protector and nothing else blew up connected to that power board.
Replaced it with a Hisense, so happy now, picture and sound quality amazing.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Good value for money

Had difficulty with Netflix synchronisation but Kogan resolved the problem for me.
No problems with controls.
No problems with wireless connectivity Haven't used bluetooth.
Enough ports for my needs.
Foxtel 4k seems to be no problem but having problem working out how to change resolution from HD to 4k.
However I have found that going into settings and opening any setting changes the resolution to 4k.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Not as easy as advertised

Purchased this tv just over 1 yr ago now and the only thing that actually works properly is foxtel...
Netflix is always pixelated, youtube has never worked, can't use stan :( all the reviews i found when i was purchasing this tv were good.. i don't know where all the bad ones were i wish i knew the issues back then i would not have wasted my money.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Worst TV ever

Yes it was cheap but I'd rather pay more and get a TV that works. They don't deliver 65" TV's to the Mornington Pen so when it didn't work and we had to return it it was a huge problem to take it back to Melbourne and get them to pick it up there. Even now, the remote control is next to useless. It barely responds and although we finally got the Netflix app installed it has limited options. Changing the profile appears to be impossible. I've never felt more like dumping an item like this one.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

beware do not buy this rubbish

absolute crap beware do not buy this product !!!!! remote only works if it held up to the tv !! replaced it but still the same !! wish i had never bought this crap !! cheap cheap low manufactured rip off ! and no one gets back to you re problems

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Never buy a Kogan

My TV is displaying
Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped.
Unfortunately the process andriod.process.acore has stopped.
Unfortunately Google Services Framework has stopped.
It won't go into anything else and just turns off on it's on. Kogan "support team" were no help at all I've been trying to get in contact with them all day!!! They keep sending me emails that have nothing to do with my issue!!!

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Good value & quality

If you want a 2000 dollar TV, this ain't it, but it doesn't pretend to be. It's a good quality, well functioning smart TV with better than average picture & sound. I find the remote a little clunky when online, but that's true of me with most controllers. My opinion is it's damn good value for money

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Lack of customer service, worked for 5 months then oh dear

When I first got the TV I was happy. It has a few quirks but reading online you can work around them i.e. some of the android features. After 5 months it says loading and after around a minute it switches itself off. Dealing with Logan is poor. You cannot connect them by phone and they have no live chat. Quite slow to respond for a company of its size. Still waiting for a technician to arrange pick up. From what I reading it takes arts month to get back. If that is true then I will be asking for a refund. I will update as this plays out but 4 days after reporting the issue Kogan have not told me when my TV will be looked at. Not happy!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Use with Foxtel iQ4 4k

Have has this model for awhile but mainly used it as a straight Tv and not as smart tv. Seemed to be ok. Now have upgraded my Foxtel box only to find I cannot get the 4K channel to work. Very surprised as tv advertised as 4K ultra HD. according to tv specs it has the right resolution and refresh rate. My hdmi cable meets the requirements so no sure what to do next.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

How you can fix it!

This has happen to me where this tv had been suddenly frozen and didn’t open. The only way to fix it is to contact Kogan help by mail and they will give u a firmware to download on a USB and insert it into the tv where it’ll be fixed!

Is it really 4K?

I don't mind the tv, it seems good value for money but I recently got the foxtel IQ4 box and whenever I go to the 4K channel it says my tv does not support 4K. Does it really have the resolution to run 4K programmes or was this just a marketing ploy?

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi Bill, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are sorry to see that you are experiencing issues with connecting your Foxtel IQ4 box to your TV. We can confirm that your TV is capable of displaying 4K content, so there may be an issue with the connection between the Foxtel box and the TV. Please contact our Help Desk for technical assistance here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/Has anyone got the 4K channel working with IQ4 ?

Can I install Netflix app?
With some difficulty navigating the Play Store you will eventually be able to install Netflix. Unfortunately once installed it will not be able to load/login to your account.Cheers Al. Maybe I’ll just buy another tv!

Im trying to find firmware upgrade

My Agora 55" smart tv cuts off the playback of my ps4 by about an inch. Cutting off dialog and menu options. Adjusting through my ps4 isn't fixing the issue and my tv screen ratio is set to 16:9. Please help?

Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55UHDZF (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED49SUHDZA (49")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED43UHDZB (43")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55KU8000SZJ (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55KU8000SZG (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55KU8000SZF (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED43UHDZA (43")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55KU8000SZH (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55KU8000SZA (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED49KU8000SZA (49")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED65KU8000SZA (65")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55UHDZC (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55KU8000SZB (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED42UHDZA (42")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED65UHDZA (65")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55UHDYA (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55KU8000SZC (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED49MU9000SZA (49")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED43KU8000SZA (43")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55KU8000SZD (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55UHDZE (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED49KU8000SZC (49")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED42UHDYA (42")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED65KU8000SZB (65")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55KU8000SZE (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED65KU8000SZC (65")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED49KU8000SZB (49")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55UHDZA (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55UHDZB (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55UHDZD (55")Agora Smart 4K LED KALED65UHDZB (65")
3D CapableNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
CurvedNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Screen TypeLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLEDLED
Price (RRP)$749$609$549$599$579$499$429$899$1499$499$469$499$999$489$899$499$899$629$1099$1199
Size55inches49inches43inches55inches55inches43inches55inches49inches65inches55inches42inches65inches55inches43inches55inches55inches42inches65inches55inches65inches49inches55inches55inches55inches65inches
Energy Star Rating3.5stars3.5stars3stars599stars3stars4.5stars3.5stars3stars5.5stars6stars4stars3.5stars3.5stars6stars4stars6stars5.5stars5stars4.5stars5.5stars4.5stars
Smart TVAndroid TVYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesAndroid TVYesYesYesYesYesYesYesAndroid TV
Replaced byKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55KU8000SZB (55") and Kogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan Agora Smart 4K LED KALED65KU8000SZB (65") and Kogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55UHDZD (55") and Kogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55KU8000SZC (55") and Kogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan Agora Smart 4K LED KALED42UHDYA (42") and Kogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan Agora Smart 4K LED KALED65UHDZB (65") and Kogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55UHDZF (55") and Kogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan Agora Smart 4K LED KALED65KU8000SZC (65") and Kogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan Agora Smart 4K LED KALED49KU8000SZC (49") and Kogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan Agora Smart 4K LED KALED55UHDZE (55") and Kogan 4K LED SmarterTVKogan 4K LED SmarterTV

Download manual