Konka U3

Konka U3

MPN: 10902001

No replacement battery available after just over twelve months and just out of warranty, battery rub

Rubbish battery and no replacement available. Just lasted until warranty was over.
Nothing else to say. Big w didn’t let me know when I purchased the phone that no battery replacement was available. Not good enough. Anyone can let me know about a replacement battery, please add comment. Not very happy at the moment In time.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

how to put photos into the new phone

how to send photos into the new phone and how to do that and what colour of the phones konka U3 and how to take the photos out of the old phone can you help me please and i really dislike losing the photos again and i don't know how to do

Date PurchasedJan 2019
how

Konka Worse phone ever

1.5 hours talk time over heats battery flat have to charge three time a day and ived only had it for two weeks. I'll never buy a konka phone again I wouldn't recommend this phone to anyone unless I was buying it for someone I really don't like konka stop making this crap

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Buy a well known brand instead.

Being a senior I purchased this very basic flip top phone (for $99 at Target ) because I thought it would be a reasonable duplicate of my old flip top Samsung which was working fine until I accidentally damaged it. The Konka U3 is a disappointing mobile device, the sound and picture quality are very poor, the ring tone volume is a joke and for another $40-$50 I could have purchased a Samsung smart phone. The manual is not comprehensive and I had to get most of my "how to" information from online advice offered by tech savvy members of the public on Product Review.com.au. Once again I have learnt the hard way - never buy cheap!

Very difficult to use

This phone uses a totally different 'logic' to mobiles such as samsung and nokia.
I use the term logic loosely as it is inconsistent and unnecessarily complicated.
A button which acts as the enter/ok button for one function won't do this for another function and ditto for which button takes you to the menu. A nightmare to use!
I would NOT recommend it for seniors or anyone else, unless you are very tech savvy and really enjoy a daily challenge.
Now off to purchase another phone for my husband.

Not very reliable.

I purchased this phone 3 days ago, I like flip phones and they are hard to find nowadays.
However, I wasn't happy with the battery, it appeared to be charged, I made a 5 minute phone call, the battery crashed. I put it on charge again at 10am, still charging at 4-30pm.
I returned it and got a refund.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Don't expect more than you pay for.

I have a Konka U3 mobile and for some time have been answering questions about the U3 asked by new owners on the forum section of 'Product Review'. One type of question that comes up time and time again is from people who buy this phone because it is cheap and then expect it to perform like an iPhone 8 or Galaxy Note 8, costing many times the U3's price.

The phone is ideal for people, (typically seniors and children to keep in touch with their parents), who want a mobile just to send and receive calls and text messages. The seniors also appreciate the fairly large screen and keyboard and simple operation. The U3 does all of these and does them well.

As long as you realize all this and it fills your needs then the U3 is your cheap way to achieve it. If you want "bells and whistles" galore, then be prepared to pay for a much more expensive phone.

Great produsct

Good product I highly recommend it I hope everyone has a good time with this product. I wish I had two of them. One like white one and one like black one hell yeah that would be sick. And I can talk on the fone and smoke ciggies at the same time

Date PurchasedMar 2018

It's brand new and can't even get into it, because it's locked , purchased from K"mart.

Recently brought a Konka mobile phone from K'mart. Upon setting it up , i put a security lock on it, through Google. But Google doesn't except the correct password. Even after following all the promps it still doesn't except the correct password. Then you get messed around with all the other stuff that also doesn't work.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great phone for the Essentials

This is a great first phone and has worked perfectly. I will admit though it is not a phone for the dumb. It is a bit hard to navigate compared to a smartphone or iPad but once you get the hang of it, it is easy. It is a great phone a nd would recommend it to kids and adults alike.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Senior's phone

We just replaced the old man's rock solid Nokia Flip phone with this one.
It is big enough to hold, big buttons for fat fingers, feels like a phone when holding it up to your ear and mouth, comes with a printed user guide (always essential for oldies).
So far it is good.
The manual doesn't provide enough obvious info to find the volume adjustment during a call. It is within the user profile settings, so not as easy as a toggle button on the Nokia.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
I have been told that the volume during a phone call can be adjusted with the big button?PS. Might not be loud enough in HandsFreeI find that the user guide for a Nokia flip phone is good to read and is similar in menu settings and options

Pretty bad basic phone

Had 2 of these phones now. The battery life is useless 1.5 days on standby. Half the screen has gone. Ringtone has faded away to almost nothing. i would not recommend this phone at all. also it is expensive at $99. The phone can make a call and receive, but to reply to a text is worse than useless. i am an experienced phone user but this is my husbands phone and i cannot work it out

Date PurchasedJan 2017

A great little phone for retirees who don't need smart phone capabilities

It is small in size so fits in your pocket yet, because it is a flip phone, has a big keyboard and relatively large screen. The phone and text features work well and are easy to use. The manual is fairly comprehensive and using it to get you started is wise. The camera is not so hot, being very low resolution. OK to take a picture for purposes such as showing a tradesman or shop assistant what an item looks like, but to send a record of your holiday snaps to rellies, don't bother. It's a no frills but effective phone for keeping in touch with friends and family, and it's cheap, so ideal for retirees who don't want a smart phone or find one too challenging. My wife and I bought two. If you are on Vodafone as we are, (and I think many other telcos do this too), Vodafone to Vodafone calls are free. This means you can call each other at any time at no cost. So all round the Konka U3 is an ideal phone for doing the basic stuff you need at a very reasonable cost.

Battery

I took the mobile Konka U3 to Roadhound under warranty. It turns out that the Battery was not the fault but a fault in the printed circuit. It was replaced and I had the mobile back in less than 36hrs.
I found the people at Roadhound very receptive and helpful.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Opps is Awesome

I never heard or seen Oppo before visiting JB Highfi
A customer service girl recommended it for my budget
I wasn’t sure but after comparing prices & asking alternative staff from different stores
I was extremely surprised how much I enjoy Oppo
The size easy to navigate battery everything is fine

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great phone for the elderly

Great phone for the elderly, bought it for my dad and he loves it so simple to use as he was unable to use a smartphone as it was just to confusing for him. The SOS button is also great in case of an emergency and he is unable to dial a number. Battery life is good also.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

nice phone

this was an alright phone. the android version is okay. I wish I could play a bit more games though with this phone as I like to play a lot of games every day. Tends to get quite hot and stuff but it's alright for phone calls and everyday use

Very bad battery issues

We purchased this mobile late 2017 as a basic phone for making calls and sending texts. It has larger buttons which are needed due vision problems so we thought this would do. Upon purchasing this phone we have found the battery to be constantly low/empty even after just a day with barely any use. We will have to buy another phone shortly due to this!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Disappointing

My brother purchased as Xmas gift for elderly mother who wanted a no-frills phone - just something that was easy to send texts, and take and send photos (grand kids). Despite my brother's and my collective knowledge of phones we have been unable to resolve the issue with texting (see next sentence). The main issues with this phone are: unable to send SMS (all texts have to be sent as MMS which is more costly);poor battery life; and photos are of basic quality. To date I have searched the internet for the user's manual, contacted two online groups asking for advice, and basically now given up on how to resolve the issue. Open to advice - thank you.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

A solid flip phone

I bought this when they turned off 2g network to replace my moto razr, and i was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. The buttons are big enough to not hit multiple buttons, loud ringer a super screen and the hinge seems to be quite solid. I would reccomend this phone to anyone who wants a solid plip phone

Date PurchasedJan 2018

phone was going flat went to charge it and later whenever I try to turn it on its not working but its still got the green light on
how to send the photos to the new phoneSounds strange. I'd suggest you take it back to the supplier you bought it from. If still on warranty and they can't suggest a fix ask for a new one.

Got a new SP9 and can’t see any fingernail grip on bottom left corner. Have tried manipulating the spot but I don’t want to ruin the corner by hacking away at it. It seems extremely sealed, so any advice ???
Firstly, this is a forum for questions related to the Konka U3 and I can't be sure the SP3 is the same, but I assume you got your information from the manual so I it probably is. There is a fingernail slot in the bottom left corner of the back. It is hard to see as it is quite insignificant, but it is there. Insert your thumb nail into the slot and,holding the unit with the other hand gently prise the two surfaces apart. The left side and the bottom will gradually pull free and it is then pretty easy to get it completely off. Putting it back is easy; just click the top into place and apply pressure to clip the rest into place.

when sending a text message can I stop the letters from appearing on the bottom of the screen?
I think the answer is "No", but why do you want to? As I type I'm watching my developing message, I'm not even aware of the confirmation below it, but must admit it seems rather unnecessary. If you are looking at your message as you type, that confirms whether you entered what you intended.i agree its not for me but an aged person who gets confused with too much on screen info. Thanks for feedback I can now tell them No.

U3