See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Velar = Poor media interface

I purchased a Range Rover Velar and a Land Rover Discovery this year. The velar media interface looks amazing but lacks practicality. if you want to use it, you will still need to pick up your phone to start applications, i.e. spotify, just to use the stereo. The police will love that! The interface is clunky and regularly has issues talking to my phone. I have been back to Land Rover for two updates and whilst the connectivity issues have improved, I am told I will never be able to activate something like Spotify or other applications from my two not state of the art touch screens in my dash, as this can only be done at factory. What a load of BS!! This is a $140,000 motor vehicle, and was informed that both vehicles would have the latest 2018 technology in it. what adds salt to the wound is that I purchased a company car from Ford 2 years ago for less than $30,000 which has an interface which you can start and operate applications like this from the dash. I should mention that unlike the velar, the Land Rover Discovery does these basic functions. I was of the knowledge they would both be the same, and there was no option provided to discern any difference. Range Rover, you have really let me down. How in the hell, do you release a vehicle of that value, in 2018 without this basic technology, which is available on a cheap phone or tablet? The drives nice by the way.

Purchased in January 2018.

TransmissionAutomatic
Engine VariantD300 (3.0L V6 221kW Diesel)
R-DynamicYes

Velar L560 (No Badge)Velar L560 SVelar L560 SEVelar L560 HSEVelar L560 SVAutobiography Dynamic Edition
Starting Price $70,061$81,291$86,901$99,281
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDiesel and PetrolDiesel and PetrolDiesel and PetrolDiesel and Petrol
Wheels18" Alloy19" Alloy20" Alloy21" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars
Doors55555
Seats55555
Country of ManufactureUnited KingdomUnited KingdomUnited KingdomUnited KingdomUnited Kingdom
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateSep 2017Sep 2017Sep 2017Sep 2017Sep 2017