Lexus RX XU30

Lexus RX XU30 (2003-2008)

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

burnt hand

burnt handSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing perfect car never one problem

I have been buying cars since 1960. This Lexus 350 purchased in 2007 is without doubt the best car I have ever owned and I have owned 2 new Mercedes, which I will not even comment on. The Volvo’s were good but the service, as was the Renault, poor. Lexus service is fantastic; not expensive, and very fair. They replaced, after 10 years, a cracked dashboard free of charge and loaned me a car whilst replacing. Anyone who buys a car other than a Lexus, is in my opinion making the wrong decision. I look back on the British cars, including a 1993 Landrover Discovery, as a distant nightmare.

Purchased in January 2008.

Noise Level
Features
Comfort

Chris

Chris

The car I always wanted....

Date PurchasedJan 2018
jnsj1

jnsj1

An Absolutely Fabulous Vehicle

Have owned this since new from 2003. It is an absolutely fantastic car/SUV. Nothing has gone wrong in 12 years. However, after all these years of faultless motoring it is time to move on - and I would loooove to buy another. And I would, would,would if the 2016 model was a consideration, but it ain't. UGLY, Ugly, ugly!! What a shame - What inspired Lexus to move from sophistication to Bling on steroids!!! I would be too embarrassed to be seen driving in the 2016 monstrosity. What a shame - so now driving the 2016Volvo XC90. So far, so good.

Date PurchasedNov 2013
funny0907

funny0907

Toyota feeling with ordinary driving dynamic

joh31

joh31Sydney, NSW

Smooth, lasting and reliable.

Similar problem

We have a 2007 RX 350 and had a similar problem with the 3 lights coming on. Dealer said it needed a new brake actuator at a cost of $7k. I did my own research and it appeared to relate to a brake light switch as brakes still worked fine. Purchased the switch at Repco for $42 and had my local mechanic install, it was such an easy job he did not charge me.

No more warning lights and brakes of course still work perfectly. Extremely disappointed with Lexus dealer as I feel that they would have known the real cause as it is a relatively common issue.!

AndyM156Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Brilliant car

AndyM156

Update after 7 years of ownership, just sold it to upgrade to a newer car and in 50000km not a thing went wrong. All it needed was a standard annual service each year and engine and electrics working perfectly.

Sta Cey

Sta CeyHornsby, New South Wales

Think about the repairing cost

RicBernal

Luxury SUV - Ideal family urban vehicle.

Milord
Milord
Sunnyday
Sunnyday

Hi, do you mean you get 480km for full tank 72L? Or is it when the light up?
I have rx330 and get around 14.5L/100km, drive around suburb and to work, but look at the computer it say avg speed only about 40km, is it bad?

RicBernal

My review is on a 2008 RX350 Sports Luxury. I think its the 2009+ models that had the push button.

As for fuel consumption, you can get around 10L/100km on highway. For urban driving which we mainly use it for, it can be as high as 15-16L/100km.

hughlim

hughlim

My family love the look of the interior as well as the exterior. I was sold once given the opportunity to take a test drive over the weekend. Fast, comfortable, roomy, great ride and handling, nice gadgets and safety first with ABS, TCS, & curtain airbags amongst others. Driving one makes an event out of every trip. Wife's friends and their kids insist on being transported. Lexus service is exemplary with kind and courteous service. We will be keeping this one to hand down to son aged 4.
Everything...really!
The manual shift is too slow for enthusiastic driving, better to leave it in drive.

Good

cjandlj

cjandljHunter Region, NSW

This car is just awesome. I have a RX330 which we bought 2nd hand and I've had it for 2 months now. I am so happy with it. It is a pleasure to drive. I haven't noticed the fuel economy to be anymore then the commodore that I used to drive although I'm sure it probably is. I'm just so happy with the car. Lexus have truly thought of everything. We live near a school and I find the reverse camera very reassuring. Can highly recommend this car.
Value for money luxury car
So far I haven't found anything