LG CordZero A9

LG CordZero A9

A9ADVANCED, A9Master2X, A9MULTI, A9MULTI2X, A9PETNBED and 2 more

Beware

There is an issue with the batteries on the LG cord zero. Mine failed after a few charges and the same has happened to my mates too. A quick check on the net reveals this is a common problem.

Purchased in August 2018 for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Waste of money

purchased 2 months ago, had to clean power drive, had to ring customer care to assist over phone as it was so difficult to remove, not so much what you had to do, it just wouldn’t budge, it finally did, but now can’t get it back on without breaking it. Rang customer care, who was taking so long as she was addressing other people at the same time. No assistance. Left a message saying disappointed someone rang I rang them back. I also sent a video what was happening , customer care said I have to take it 25 km away to closes repairer. I can’t tell you how regretful I am that I bought this should hav bought Dyson

Purchased in March 2019.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Great vacuum!

I absolutely love this vacuum. I swapped from a Kmart one that I purchased for my new home. I use this on laminate flooring, tiles and carpet. I bought this to battle dog hair in my home and it has done an amazing job! It has three speed/suction options. I normally use it on the second and can vacuum my laminate flooring with one charge. I would highly recommend buying this with 2 batteries. I also use it on my couch to get dog hair off. I'm super impressed with how well it does on carpet. I vacuum my room with it and the little barrel fills up completely. It picks everything up! I also use different attachments for different flooring, as recommended.
I would highly recommend this vacuum!

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

motor is reving

I have had this vaccum or 2 weeks but the motot has started to rev , I called LG they cannot work out what it can be , im hoping GOOD GUYS will realise it is faulty and replace it , so far they have been helpful . IF anyone knows why please let le know .

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $659.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerNo

LG Customer Care - BEWARE

I highly advise anyone that wants to purchase a stick vacuum to steer clear of LG, or any LG product. Their customer care and service is rubbish. My vacuum pretty much snapped whilst VACUUMING carpet and i naively took it out of my way to the service centre rightly thinking its a warranty issue as machine is only 8 months old, they have pretty much dismissed me after my case manager from the resoltion centre avoided me after 6 days of calls. Also, the service centre said its faulty/ damaged and cannot ascertain how the damage was caused, so up to LG to determine the outcome. I never publicly complain but Its the principle of the issue, a vacuum that breaks whilst doing what its supposed to do. I Had to file a complaint with ACCC. To top it off i recommended this vacuum to so many people because other than this it is a great product. Plus, when it was 6 months old, the pole was not working when changing the height, however this was fixed under warranty. Quality of parts from experience not good, design and suction plus time, great. Service - terrible.

Purchased in July 2018 at Bing Lee Physical store for $499.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Brilliantly engineered.

I have swapped from a barrel - pull along Hoover Vogue which died to the LG. With the charging dock attached to the wall it's always on charge and ready to go. Love the hard floor and carpet heads - suction is fine although I use 2nd level power most of the time. Lowest power is not great but it's very quiet. Battery life is fine for a small house. Emptying is so much easier than the old Hoover.
Feels like a high quality product - I haven't ever used a Dyson but I couldn't want for more with the LG

Purchased in August 2018.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Packed with features and power.

Have been eyeing on the Dyson V7-V10 for a while then discovered the LG offers similar performance for $300 cheaper and come with 2 batteries. The LG basically copied from Dyson and add some convenient mods including detachable battery, power switch, bedding punch and adjustable stick. The motor chamber is quite similar to the old Dyson corded vacuum before the big ball, which is one large cyclone instead of a few small cyclones. I guess Dyson's multi cyclone digital motor should be better because it has newer technology?

First advice is to buy the 2x Battery model, because you would most likely find yourself using the "power mode" a lot, which reduced the battery life down to 6 minutes. the suction power on power mode is on par with corded vacuums.

Floor standing charger is good but it 's cheaper if you just buy the A9 multi model (blue) with single battery then buy the extra battery and the bedding head. the only difference is the floor stand.

One thing i don't like is it does not have the handy "emptying dust" feature which the dyson v10 has. The dust is all built up in the tight space between the bin wall and the metal mesh. I have to use a stick to push the dust loose, which easily make a mess.

Otherwise this is a great product. I particularly love the bedding punch head. it vibrates at high frequency to help cleaning the pillow and mattress and can be used exclusively on bedding for a hygienic clean.

Purchased in January 2019.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet

So happy

So I have 6 kids and got tired of pulling out the vacuum after every meal . So decided to buy a cordless vacuum. It has 100% made my life so much easier and it’s light and so easy to use that the kids also are now helping with the clean up . It’s also very easy to empty and clean .

Why would you buy anything else

This is a great unit with so many features and advantages over other brands that it really became a no brainer when it came to deciding on our new stick vac. The LG A9 Multi2x has ergonomically designed on/off and power mode buttons that are not only perfectly positioned but only need to be toggled on or off as opposed to Dysons cumbersome trigger which has to be continuously held down. This LG model comes with 2 battery packs which can both be charged at the same time in the docking station which effectively means you never run out of power where the Dyson has one non removable battery so you would be charging the unit more than using it. In my opinion the LG also seemed to have a better build quality and has a massive 10 year warranty on the motor compared to a 2 year warranty on the Dyson. The LG's suction is more than enough even on low power mode for our slate floors and all of this for $350 less than the Dyson V10. So as you can see, in the end the decision was a no brainer.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $647.00.

LG A9 CORD ZERO IS RUBBISH

Absolute rubbish!! Save your money buy a Dyson. Yes you will save buying a Dyson. Within 7 weeks my lg was damaged. cassette support for charger broke off, then clip to hold dust bin lid closed broke off. I Complained to LG who said too bad so sad a vacuum doesn’t break itself!!! And that was after filling out many online documents uploading photos and waiting for over an hour on hold because the operator was answering several calls at once. No i a vacuum doesn’t break itself but if you make it with poor quality parts - yes it does! I am a pensioner I don’t vacuum my helper does and I can’t afford another one. Very disappointed indeed.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $750.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Makes Vacuuming not such chore anymore

Up until a few weeks ago, we had a standard vacuum that we plugged into the wall and dragged around the house. Our vacuum was great however after using a friends cordless stick vacuum, I fell in love with the quick and easy use of a cordless, lightweight vacuum that doesn’t need to be cooled down before being stirred away.

We use this vacuum primarily for our wooden floors and while the suction is good, I don’t find it as powerful as my old one, nor is it what I expected it would be. The concept seems to be similar to a robot vac where dirt is brushed or rolled into the cleaner rather than the straight suction of a traditional vacuum. The LG, it rolls it into the cleaner and then sucks it up into the catcher. Every now and then I have to go over the same area more than once as I have find dirt flicked out of the side of the vacuum head.

I find the swivel on the vacuum head really flexible and allows me to easily get under and around the furniture. The catcher is easy to empty and it’s great that you can quickly see when the catcher is getting full.

What I really love about moving to this type of vacuum is that I can just grab it off the charger and get straight to work on the floors which is a godsend when you have small children and need still need to do the housework. It may be my imagination but it really feels a lot quicker than using a traditional vacuum cleaner, but one thing that’s definitely a fact is how much more I vacuum my floors. I used to do a big clean on the weekends but now I run the vacuum every couple of days the minute I see dust or debris on the floor as wooden floors really show up the smallest amounts of dust.

This vacuum is definitely expensive for what it is, but unfortunately there aren’t that many decent ones on the market so for us, it really was the best of the bunch.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Vacuum with convenience

I purchased this stick Vacuum Cleaner from Appliances Online. Choice recommend this stick vacuum. It comes with two batteries which allows me to vacuum my 5 bedroom home and use the Turbo level when needed in a few places. It comes with two heads. One for all surfaces and one for just hard surfaces to use on tiles or wood floors. It is not as noisy as my old Dyson. This LG vacuum does not require me to hold down the power button when in use. Also comes with a vertical stand for easy storage. The stand allows for one or both batteries to be charged. Charging of both batteries at the same time will take longer. The stick part is adjustable. I am very happy with the cleaning performance on carpet and tiles.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Absolutely amazing product!

i walked in to the good guys to purchase a Dyson and went home with this Vacuum! Everything the LG offered was more and even better than the Dyson. It does my 5 bedroom, split level, floor board home (one room carpet) on ONE battery and still has life left in it. It sucks up EVERYTHING. I was actually a little grossed out at how dirty my floors get as my old vacuum picked up nothing! I couldn't be happier with the product and how easy it is to use. Storage so easy, has two heads (one for floor boards and one for carpet), 2 batteries and also will run without you holding a button (the Dyson you have to keep your finger on the button where as the LG will run without holding a button, so much easier to use!). Couldn't recommend higher!!

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Good vacuum except it surges sometimes.

I've had this vacuum for a little over a year and it definitely seems to be Dyson's competition.

The 2nd battery is the best part of the vacuum. It easily swaps out to continue vacuuming if the first battery runs out. I can vacuum a three bedroom house on one battery, on the lowest setting, which is usually good enough for a quick clean.

The vacuum does occasionally surge/rev for some unknown reason. The first A9 I purchased also surged and I had it replaced but this one does it too. I'm not sure if it's a function or malfunction. Other than that, it's a great vacuum!

I would recommend to anyone who's after a cordless vacuum to check out the A9 before going straight for a Dyson.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

The Best Stick Vacum

Went in to Buy a V10 Dyson just about to do the deal and I spotted this Red Beauty. Two Batteries one on the charge one on the machine, no more running out of charge with half a room to do. The suction tube is adjustable for length for cleaning stairs and to suit all people. The docking station is great. The retailer sweetened the deal with a box of fittings we have not used yet. $300 cheaper than the V10. I am not knocking Dyson we have had 3 and were sick of tripping over the ball and the V6 animal did not have the grunt. but so far this LG is the best, quickest, easy way to keep a house pristine. Mr Dyson may have invented the stick cleaner but LG's spare battery and adjustable height have refined it. Easy to empty and clean too and it does pick up heaps of dirt . You don't have to hold the switch on either.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Engine revving?

I purchased this vacuum in october ad i have back problems and a stick is better than corded. After a month of use the motor started to rev and surge when in use. After i logged numerous complaints with Lg on the online support page, i never heard back. Then after calling, was told this is normal as the machine is 'running in'! Hard anyone else had this issue?

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Warranty is Not worth the paper it is printed on.

Like the idea of two battery's. But take a replacement warranty because the LG warranty is rubbish. Took it to their service contractor and 4 weeks later it is on the bench still waiting for parts. LG at one stage said they would consider a replacement due to the inconvenience but then said no you have to wait. LG customer service takes you around and around in circles. Had to go out and buy an old second hand corded vacuum Thank you LG for a dirty Christmas.
LG should have replaced the machine this is a new product for LG but parts are not readily available. It now may take up to 6 weeks for a possible repair.
Take 2= Repaired vacuum comes home. Tried to use second battery. Dead as a dodo. Had my electrician test and confirmed.Rang LG support. They wanted me to send the complete vacuum cleaner to Sydney and I had to pay for the postage. But I informed them it was just the battery. They did not care that was the way it was going to be or not at all.
Finally rang the Qld retailer and asked them to contact the local LG rep. They are now sending me a new battery at no charge. Well done LG rep no thanks to LG support'

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Disappointed with battery life

I use this vacuum cleaner on tiles and carpets. I have a 5 bedroom house. On the first month, I could use the vacuum cleaner on the entire house, but only after 3 months the battery is dying after two bedrooms. I only use it once a week and now not more than 10 minutes before having to fully charge it.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Best vac I've ever used

Went in to buy a Dyson and walked out with this LG model.
Use regularly on floorboards and carpet with the two different heads and both have great results.
Super simple to store as well, as it breaks down into small parts and can be kept hidden away.
Far better than the clunky giant old barrel vac we owned previously.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Better than a Dyson!

I use this on tiles and carpet. Suction is great, and it picks up all of the dog hair and dirt they bring into the house without spreading it around. Battery life is great - it doesn't die after half the house like my Dyson did.

I have even been able to use it to catch flies mid-flight (yes, after a couple of wines).

Date PurchasedMar 2018

I am seriously considering buying an LG Cord Zero - the model 2nd from the top of the range - the one without the mop attachment which I don't need but reading all the reviews, I am concerned about the alleged poor after-sales service if required. Several reviews refer to the motor "revving" etc with poor response from LG. I don't know what to do now - return to Dyson?
Hi Les , I went into good guys for the issue I had and you will never believe it was a bottle cap off a water bottle stuck in there , even though I had pulled it apart and checked . I have the red one which is the model you are looking at , after this little problem , it is still an amazing unit works great. We have paid a little extra for the extended warranty , I have many LG products , I have not had any issues with LG after service, except when they couldnt work out what it my problem was ,they told me it was faulty to take it back to get a replacement . Revving happens in Dyson stick vacs too I know this as a many of my friends have had this issue , they said its usually when the filter needs a clean or something could be stuck in there. I think revving could be a common problem .Thanks for your answer Mina - I'm still doing a bit of research on the Internet - then I will decide. Thanks again. LesIt's true I own a Dyson V6 and when the suction gets blocked by something the power starts surging continuously on and off. It's a feature to let you know something is wrong. I personally would buy the Dyson because I don't like the fact that LG have pretty much just copied Dysons product. But if you can't afford the Dyson this looks to be the next best alternative based on everything I've seen and read.

To LG rep: Why is customer service so rubbish? Why would I take that chance? Reading these reviews it makes me turn away from LG.

CordZero A9MULTI2XCordZero A9MULTICordZero A9PETNBED2XCordZero A9PETNBEDCordZero A9Master2XCordZero A9ULTIMATECordZero A9ADVANCED
Price (RRP) $884.00$749.00$834.00$699.00$999.00$1,199.00$1,099.00
Bin Capacity0.44 L0.44 L0.44 L0.44 L0.44 L0.44 L0.44 L
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Weight2.7 kg2.7 kg2.7 kg2.7 kg2.7 kg2.7 kg2.7 kg
Power SourceBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBatteryBattery
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts) 140 AW140 AW140 AW140 AW140 AW140 AW140 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)

Download manual