LG CordZero R9MASTER

See the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Very disappointed, want my money back!

This has not cleaned properly since day 1. We have had an LG Roboking previously which worked well and cleaned corners really well. We bought this based on the assumption it was the most expensive and therefore better quality, however we wee sorely mistaken. It has been garbage, never finds its way back to the home station. We were told to do the firmware upgrade which has actually made things worse and the cleaner does not know where its going. Will be going to consumer protection as this is clearly not fit for purpose, unless the purpose is a $1400 paper weight.

Purchased in March 2019.

Noise Level
Ease of Programming / Scheduling
Battery Life
Product is used: Daily
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
System Errors Often

Does not clean entire house.

We have had a Samsung robot vac previously and were very happy but it was time for an upgrade. We bought this as it has HEPA filtration due to kids with allergies but also because it claims to map areas and rooms in your house. This means if the kids have toys on the floor I should be able to tell the vac not to go in that room today. Unfortunately we have had this for 12 weeks now and the mapping function does not work. Most of the time it does not go into my daughters room (the one that needs it the most due to severe allergies) and on the odd occasion it does then it won't go into my sons room. In 12 weeks it has not been able to successfully map and clean both rooms on the same day. I reported this to LG within days of owning it. After being passed are departments to various people that could not help I was told someone would call me. After several follow ups and emails they requested photos. I still don't have a vacuum that does what it claims to do and doesn't go into all my rooms. I even have a video of it goi g into my sons room part way and turning arou d for no reason and leaving the room. The suction is great, the Hepa is great I just wish it would map as its advertised to do and recognise all rooms on the same day.

Purchased in March 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,600.00.

Noise Level
Ease of Programming / Scheduling
Battery Life
Product is used: Daily
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
System Errors Every time

The future is Here

Intelligent and powerful robot. Suction power is as good as stick vacuums. Unlike its predecessors or competitors, this robot rarely gets stuck or lost. Capable of mapping all rooms in your house for cleaning only specific areas. You can control it through your mobile phones or google assistant. Worth the price.

Purchased in April 2019.

NOT GREAT

This was the most expensive robot vacuum cleaner in the store and I was told it was great. Hmmm. I've had a few problems setting it up (i.e. setting the correct time, scheduling a cleaning time) and trying to speak to anyone at LG's Service Centre is impossible. They're hopeless! I even asked the Harvey Norman store where I bought the cleaner to ask their LG rep to call me. I was told this would happen. Three weeks on and still no call.
The cleaner goes over the same spot continually instead of cleaning the entire house. Often it just stops where it is and doesn't go back to the charger. It will clean part of the house and IF it does go back to the base station to charge it's then supposed to pick up where it left off and clean the rest of the house. This rarely happens. Cleaning quality is good but I've found it does miss a lot of spots around furniture where my Roomba cleaner would get everything.
Summary: It's definitely not a great cleaner and not worth the high price tag. I wouldn't recommend it. If I didn't have new dark carpet that my Roomba won't clean on (due to the cliff sensors) I'd never look at any other brand besides Roomba. This LG R9 is a waste of money. Very disappointed at both the cleaner and also the lack of customer service from LG. I wouldn't buy another LG product that's for sure.

We have an open plan house and there is a large section of a room that the vacuum would need to be excluded from. As there are no doors or barriers to ensure this I'm wondering if the "myzone" feature is something that has to be programmed in everytime or once it is on the mapped area of the house is it there until you remove it? This is a crucial feature that needs to be confirmed before I purchase the vacuum. Also are the consumable filter parts easily replaceable from Harvey Norman?
Hi Robyn, sorry but I think you'd need to speak to someone at LG or Harvey Norman as I have no idea. The cleaner won't map the house. I've tried a few times and it fails every time so I don't know about the programming. I can't program it when the useless thing won't do the map to start with. As for the consumable parts, that's another question for LG or Harvey Norman. Sorry. All I can help with is an honest opinion of this cleaner and it's useless. For something so expensive I'd expect a lot better than something that dies all over the house, won't map, won't return to base most times to charge, cleans the same room over and over and over and ignores the other rooms. OMG, it's rubbish!Thanks for your honest review. I'm coming off a very frustrating similar situation with another brand of robotic vacuum. Returned the first one coz I thought I had a lemon only to find the second one is doing much the same useless things. Thought I'd try a different brand but maybe they're all just rubbish.

CategoryRobot Vacuum Cleaners