LG G7 ThinQ

Flagship phone at lower price

Incredibly satisfied with my purchase. Have been using it around 6 months.

Pros:
- Music quality is amazing with dedicated driver
- Speakers are incredible with boomsound feature
- Fast
- Extra bright sun mode is very useful
- Wide lens is an amazing feature that captures great views

Cons
- Camera quality slightly worse than your flagship samsungs and iPhones

Overall: highly recommend!

Purchased in November 2018.

Software

Was not disappointed, excellent LG phone

Haven't purchased LG phone for more than 10 years, but definitely wasn't disappointed with the LG G7+ thinQ model.

Pros:
1. The Camera is great with the zoom out function and AR mode
2. Extremely bright with sun mode, (yep, excellent for when you are walking outside during sunny day)
3. Excellent audio with HQ audio setting

Cons:
1. The only cons I can think of is the battery runs out bit faster than others

Purchased in April 2019 at Mobileciti Online store for $539.10.

Software

Flagship features for not so flagship price

Got this phone for $536 from All Phones Ebay Store. For the flagship features, this is a great deal. I have been using this phone for more than a month and I really like it. It is also an Australian model so should be covered under 2 years LG warranty.

Pros
1) Super quick - Comes with Snapdragon 845 processor.
2) Bright display - 6.1" QHD+ FullVision display
3) Durable design - Water and dust resistant
4) Other nice features like Wireless charging, NFC, Google Assistant key, DTS sound.
5) Voice Recognition is really good. It can hear your voice even if you are several meters away.
6) Decent battery
7) Takes good wide angle photos of sceneries with its dual 16mp lens. Bokeh effect is nice.

Cons
1) AI Camera is not that great. Doesn't take good photos when people in shade. Selfie cam is okay as only the person is in focus but the background is not that clear.

Hopefully, a future software update would fix this and then I would update my review and give 5 stars.

Purchased in March 2019 at Allphones for $536.00.

Software

Awesome mid range smart phone

Got it on sale for around $580 (Australian stock) last year. Out of the box this phone looks super sleek with an all black body.

Phone is fast for normal usage, battery life is ok - probably last around 1 day. Camera has a lot of cool features in manual mode - still learning how to make use of them. The notched on this phone is not that obvious so doesn't really bother me much. If you don't like it you can always hide it in settings.

Purchased in October 2018 at Officeworks for $589.00.

Flagship with a Good Value

LG G7 also includes a wide angle camera like in the V series, which is pretty useful. But I find the wide angle camera has a bad focus when there's not enough light. The main camera features AI tech, which is useless to me, it just slows down the auto performance. The front facing camera is pretty good just doesn't have a wide angle like the V20 does. G7 is great for people who are into photography/videography and enjoy the full control of Manuel Mode. The display is bright and vibrant with 564ppi density (better than most flagships on the market).

Purchased in February 2019.

Good phone, camera, audio in/out. 2nd battery and OS skin

Moved from a Sony Xperia XZ Premium. The G7 is my first phone to have a notch and dual camera.
I don't have a problem with notch, I don't hate nor do I love it.
Dual camera with a 2nd wide angle camera is AMAZING!!! Makes taking landscape or even video much easier. I'm probably using the wide angle lens about 50% of all camera use. LOVE IT!!!
Audio-wise. It's important to me to have a headphone jack, one of the main reason I went with LG.
I like the boombox speaker, my friends always amazed that my phone can get so loud when placing on a cardboard box or some kind of light and flexible surfaces.
Audio in is also good when taking video. It give very good and clear audio quality even under load condition.

However I think the battery life is a bit weak compare to my Sony XZP.
I also don't like the LG Skin on Android, I wish they are more stock like

Purchased in December 2018 at Officeworks for $599.00.