See the Best Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Perfect fridge, no complaints

Have this fridge for over two year now and it's still doing excellent. No fussy installation required, just plug in and switch on. Compartments are detachable for cleaning (except for the egg storage part, still can't figure out how to detach it and clean). No noise at all.

Purchased in June 2017 at The Good Guys Online store for $500.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Best fridge I have ever owned

I bought this fridge purely on the strength of other Product Review comments and it has not disappointed. This is by far the best fridge I have ever bought. It is almost tardis-like in terms of storage room, even though of course it has a set capacity. But the layout seems to provide a better storage solution than other small fridges. For example, I can fit 12 to 13 frozen dinners in the freezer compartment and still have room for a loaf of bread in there as well. But the small footprint is a real asset for a small house like mine - it was very easy to move the fridge into the house and into position thanks to the slimline profile and it looks very stylish and unobtrusive once operating. The fridge is exceptionally quiet and I say that as someone who is very easily annoyed by noise. It can really only get a little intrusive if you have come home to a hot house in summer and even then it is not overtly loud (and it quietens down quickly again once the inside temperature of the house gets into the mid to low 20s). Perhaps my only real criticism of this fridge is the layout of the storage shelves on the inside of the door. The options are a little inflexible with little adjustment and this makes for wasted room. Perhaps not an issue for me personally but it might be if this fridge is used in a household with more than two people.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Amazing product

This fridge is very spacious and quiet. I share this fridge with 3 other people and I have no problem with it. This fridge is very stable and energy efficient. it is amazing, I absolutely love this product. I would highly recommend this to everyone because it is a must have

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Very quiet fridge

I bought it for 3 people using. It look nice and energy efficient (4 stars). It is quiet and easy to use compared with my old Westinghouse fridge. It is really good with the price ~$600.
I usually buy the Samsung fridge before, now realize that LG is a good brand as well.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good little fridge

I bought it as my first fridge. Good size for one person. Temperature is good. I have a thermometer inside but obviously being a small fridge i dont put semi warm food inside. It quiet and easy to clean glass shelves. Krisper keeps my veggies good for ages. Happy with purchase. Going strong after travelling interstate after several months

Date PurchasedJul 2017

LG fridge

It looks good and is smaller than my previous fridge. It looks nice and perfectly matches the rest of my kitchen. It's energy efficient which was my main reason for choosing this model. LG is a good brand. It is quite and easy to clean. For two people this is a perfect fridge.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great value for money from this fridge

First thing you have to bear in mind is that, this is not a huge fridge. That said, It maintains a good temperature and well spaced. However, during operation it can get a bit noisy which can be heard if you do not have any other sounds running in the background. Very easy to clean and it's a bang for the buck

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Not cold enough

This fridge wasn't working as well as my old beer fridge from the start. The fridge is hot at the front where the door seal connects with the fridge, We got the technician around. He says it measures 2 degrees C inside at a setting of 6 out of 7, which is normal (I don't think it is cold enough). I am reluctant to turn it up to 7/7 but may have to in order to have cold enough beer.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great fridge, a little noisey

The looks and design of this fridge is great - all the shelves are really well spaced (I was even able to adjust the shelves so that I can stand up beer bottles at the bottom) and the LED light provides amazing lighting. The pull our drawer at the top is great and so far our veges are lasting a bit better. It's the perfect size 2 people. The only thing is the compressor makes a very high pitched noise, that when there is no other noise, is quite distracting. Also, when the compressor clicks on it is quite loud.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good small fridge

The freezer does fill up very quickly, but the fridge compartment holds a surprising amount. The fridge was the most energy efficient we could find for the price and it looks pretty sleek and inconspicuous. The only downside I can think of is that it seems to dent/mark quite easily.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

great value for money

fridge works fine for 2 people. Was a little noisy but besides that, had absolutely no problems with it. Easy to clean, maintained good temperature and all parts and accessories were of good quality and easy to use. We upgraded to a bigger fridge because there wasn't enough room for fruit and veggies and we buy a lot of that. But this fridge was good value for money as we are uni students. did the job.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Very quiet and efficient.

Very carefully and efficiently packed and very quiet - almost silent! I have only had it working for little more than 15 hours but I like its internal layout and performance. Customer service was outstanding.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Is this frost free?

what is the overall height, and does this include the "pods)?

Is the noise of the compressor common to this model , and if so , what is the level of noise .
I don't know if it's common, I'm just a consumer. But all I know is that when the compressor kicks on it makes quite a sound (almost like a bang at times), and then a high pitched noise for the entire time the compressor is on. Which seems to be a really long time, possibly due to the 'digital inverter'. I potentially have a faulty unit though? I will keep an eye on it.The noise, which I would term "sound", is hardly noticeable.

LG GT-279WDC (White, Door Cooling)LG GT-279MPL (Stainless, Door Cooling)LG GT-279MWL (White, Inverter Compressor)
CategoryTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $749
Dimensions 1665 x 555 x 620 mm1665 x 555 x 620 mm1665 x 555 x 620 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 1-2 people1-2 people1-2 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Colour / Finish WhiteStainless SteelWhite
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 111
Weight52 kg52 kg52 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity