See the Best Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Adequate for a 3-person family

Have had this fridge for a couple of years. No complaints as far as temperature is concerned - it seems to keep a reasonable temp in all compartments, temp is easy to change if needed. The main thing I would say is that it's just adequate in size for our family (two adults, one toddler). We eat a lot of fruit/veg and they don't always fit in the crisper, and if we're entertaining, fridge can be a tight fit. Things can get cramped in the freezer too (tend to freeze a lot of things with a toddler).

The fridge marks a little easily but is easy to clean (I use window cleaner... not sure if I'm supposed to, but it works). You have to be careful about knocking the door because it dents easily (we have some dents from a side cupboard opening onto the fridge).

The other thing that irritates me is that the door wants to swing closed when it's open and I'm trying to fill the crisper. Suppose it's good because the door won't be left open accidentally but it's a little annoying.

I like the little manual ice maker in the freezer - comes in handy.

Purchased in September 2017.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

solid performer

I has been close to 2 years since I got this fridge and zero complaints so far. Maintains a constant temperature and runs pretty quite. Wish the egg trays were bigger and the fridge was lit from the sides.

Purchased in June 2017.

Nice no frills fridge

I only had it delivered yesterday from The Good Guys .Delivery and removal of old Fisher & Pakyle was quick. My old fridge was at the time of purchasing the largest I could but back then I had a family and now there is only the 2 of us . So far it is keeping everything cold and surprisingly has a lot of room. The freezer is a good size and I love the ice maker. I don't know why the egg holder isn't for a dozen ,doesn't matter I probably won't use it .Nice doors and it is very easy to open

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $950.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)

Very happy I bought this lg fridge (lg gt-442wdc)

We bought this LG GT-442WDC fridge (441 litre) as a replacement for an over 30 year old Westinghouse 512litre fridge and am pleased to say that it is a GREAT fridge. It was delivered and put in place by the Good Guys delivery man, the old fridge was taken away without any hassle.
This fridge is a little smaller than our previous one but it gets nice and cold, stays cold in all departments, has a door alarm that sounds if you leave the door open too long. It is easy enough to open and close. The freezer is adequate and has shelves on the freezer door. There is an ice maker that someone has shown this dinosaur how to use. The top shelf in the fridge section is a plastic pull out shelf and the other shelves are see-through as well. We have not had a full electricity bill since installing it so cannot say if we are saving money on the power yet.
At first I thought that there would not be enough storeage on the shelves on the door of the fridge, but there was plenty for this household. The crisper keeps the vegetables fresh.
CONS: This is not really a con, but I would have liked the crisper to have been 2 separate containers like the old fridge had.
PROS: Overall, I think this fridge is a great buy, Looks nice and is quiet running, keeps all the compartments nice and cool. The design is good. Sits there quietly and does it jobs...A Quiet Achiever !

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $999.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Great fridge so far

Purchased a LG top mount fridge... Much happier with this... It's spacious.. Easy to clean. Bright and great value for money. Looks great too! I have small children and so far no fingerprints left... Yay!

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Excellent, so far so good.

Excellent fridge. The only brand which would fit our site without kitchen modifications. Love the matt surface, extremely easy to clean, unlike other s/s fridges. There is nothing we don't like about it. It has plenty of shelf space.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $862.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)

Fantastic easy to keep clean

Fridge and freezer have internal lights. Alarm sounds if either door is left open. Essy to keep clean inside and out. Freezer can be changed into fridge but I haven't used this. My electricity bill went down when I purchased this fridge freezer and has stayed down. Easy to adjust internal Temps

Purchased in August 2017 at Betta Home Living for $800.00.

Highly recommended

Great in every way. This fridge has lasted us for nearly 20 years.
Has not skipped a beat.
Its tremendous in every way.
Great features.
Loads of room inside
Easy to keep clean
Very affordable
Great in every way for us

Purchased in December 1999 at winnings for $550.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Great energy saving refrigerator

I have bought this fridge a year ago. It doesn't make any noise.
It has plenty of room for fresh fruit and veggies as well.
Comes with smart diagnosis.
4 star energy rating will save you few $$$.
10 year warranty on inverter motor.

Purchased in November 2017 for $738.00.

Highly recommended

Colour is graphite and the size is just right. Plenty of space and I don’t even have to turn the temperature up! I put mine in the lowest setting for the freezer and mid in the bottom and it cools the fridge and keeps the food fresh.

Beeps when you accidentally leave the doors open or have kept it open for a while. It comes with a phone app and you can log in and control the fridge set up using your mobile phone.

Great value for money!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Excellet fridge - reduced my power bill by $160 per quarter

So happy with this 460Lt Top mount (freezer at top) fridge. I bouht this when QLD was incentivising upgrades to 4 star rating applicances.
I am so glad I did... it took $160 off my power bill.
The fridge itself is SUPER QUIET.
I am really fussy about the intereior design of frigdes which is partly why I didn’t upgrade earlier, nothing was as good interior wise as my old fridge.
Howver this one is quite nice.
What I like;
It has a pullout shelf at the very top.
it has plenty of room for tall items in the door.
The freezer design has plenty of room (some of them seemed smaller than this one)

What I think could be better:
There is only drawer for fruit and veges
The vege drawer doesn’t pull out far enough making it a bit difficult to get out heads of broccoli or cabbage.
The icemaker in the freezer is a bit flimsy and doesn’t work that well.

But for how quite it is the price and the difference it has made to my power consumption I am very satisfied.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Why would you make a weight bearing part out of plastic?

The levelling part under the hinge on the front of the fridge spontaneously gave way a few weeks back. Since then I've been in contact with LG. The first time they sent the wrong part. The second time they said they'd send the right part, then a few days later said they needed to send a technician. Today I waited, the technician came and now I have to wait until they can get the part. So that'll be another day waiting around until they can fix the problem. What a waste of time for a fridge that is barely 18 months old!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

It's a pretty cool deal!

My fridge is the absolute bees knees of chilling our foods, I wouldn't change anything about it except maybe one more shelf space and it opens and closes easily but still safe against tiny hands that aren't allowed to be in there love love love love . You should buy this

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Loads of space in both freezer and Lower fridge

We bought the LG 442 freezer top fridge bottom because it's just me and my partner and we buy weekly so our fridge is mainly used and the freezer is used for ice or ice cream or few frozen ready to eat meals. The price was really good too and it's power star rating was really good. The only one star we removed was because the door gets a bit sticky

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Too noisy and poor customer support

We've had this fridge for a year now and while it works well, the problem is the noise. The high pitch whine when it operates is terrible and can be heard across several rooms.

We contacted LG support about this and eventually they did send out a technician. Unfortunately I think his hearing was not the best and given his age he might not have been able to fully hear the high pitch. So, nothing was done to fix the problem. We've given up trying to get support to actually fix the problem.

If I could return this fridge, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Don't buy this model-faulty seals and poor customer service

We are very happy with all aspects of the fridge, except the seal on the freezer. It does not seal on the top left hand corner, so whenever you close the fridge door the seal is opened on the freezer, and if you don't open and shut the freezer every time it will gradually open more and more. We have called the customer service team for LG as this problem appeared within 2 months of purchase, and they said that this was normal and refused to do anything about it. I am very disappointed with the lack of understanding from the person I spoke to and with this product. Would recommend you spend your money on a different brand of fridge rather than risking experiencing the same problems!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Good looking and well sized

This is a nice looking fridge that is a good size. It has nice sturdy glass shelves. It is a bit loud at times and I wish the vegetable/fruit drawer was larger. Also the ice maker could be sturdier and larger but I do like how you can slide it over. The bottom shelf in the fridge door is a bit too short to be useful and sometimes the freezer door sticks open so need to carefully close but it does beep to alert you if left open. Overall though it is a good fridge at a good price.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

No problems unit, just works (2 Years and 9 months review)

No problems so far the Fridge is holding up well, easy to live with, like cleaning, takes a bit of rough treatment from kids and is easy to maintain. With kids (Grand kids for me) the chime on an open door is a function I now appreciate.
The fridge adjustments are easy and the slide out draw is handy. The crisper being an odd deep shape is the only negative for me, its a bit on the small size. Overall good quality again from LG, their white goods are improving over the models I purchased in the early 2000's. 5 stars well earned, so far so good.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Quiet and good Looking

What and absolute pleasure it is to welcome a new fridge after the old clunker finally (thankfully) went belly up. Food really feels colder and dryer. Maybe 'crisper' would be a better description because this fridge does a good job of spreading the cool around evenly. It has really good LED lighting inside too, so that's another bonus but the best thing is... its quiet. Doesn't make a sound! We love it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Quiet and cold

What more could you want in a fridge, quiet, cold and seems to be holding up to a tonne of use by a busy family. Well done LG on another great product. I will be continuing to buy LG in the future.
easy to clean removable shelves and wipe down.

Date PurchasedAug 2017