LG OLED C9 Series

See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Brilliant picture AND sound

The picture quality is the best I have ever experienced - with the added bonus of great sound. I no longer use an excelent sound bar as it is just not needed, the TV sound is that good.

The interface could be smoother - we are not connectred to an arial the OS keeps requesting we tune the TV!

Plenty of ports and fairly easy to use controls.

Apple connectivity could be better despite airplay 2.

However these minor gripes are far outweighed by outstanding picture and sound.

55 inch is plenty big enough for me.

Impressive product - I hope it lasts as long as my Samsung still going after nine years!

Purchased in August 2019 for $2,710.00.

Best TV I have ever owned. Stunning Picture Quality and Operating System

My first 4K TV and wanted to start with the best and there was no disappointment with this TV. I was originally looking to get the C8 series as it was cheaper, but opportunity on special was too tempting.
These LG TV's have been rated the best of the bunch. There is no better picture than an OLED TV. Every brand and type of 4K TV screens are provided by LG, so the only difference is components and software.

The operating system and ease of use is so pleasing. The manual is built into the TV functions onscreen. There is the magic remote which has a scroll mouse that gets you to wherever you want to go or select an input in a second. I have seen other android TV's and there operating system compared to the LG, they are disappointing and boring. You can scroll through your TV channels with the scroll on your remote just like a computer mouse and I can scroll through 40 TV channels is seconds, where on other televisions as I have owned, the channels take a second EACH to get to.

I have owned a great many TV's and always owned the best Sony and Samsung TV's but at best were 1080P. Beware of other marketing such as QLED, LED etc, as these do not stack up. The C9 55 inch improved on the best rated C8 series and there wasn't much to improve on except on the possibility of a screen burn issue, so LG fixed that on the C9. Picture quality just blew me away! I was speechless on going to Youtube to see some 4K content and the presentation was breathtaking. I purchased a 4K bluray player and 4K blurays and with my cinema setup and together with this LG C9 OLED, my family have never been happier and the picture doesn't lose its brilliance if viewed on angles either. As with other review suggestions, I have my TV set to Expert Dark Room to have the best picture to my eyes.

Sound is another thing to mention. In all other large screen TV's I have owned, I needed to purchase sound bars as the sound quality was terrible coming from thin TV's which struggled to produce decent sound even for listening to the news, sport etc - without the need to turn my receiver on. Well, the LG C9 has great sound, as being a DJ fanatical about sound, I thought I was going to need to purchase a sound bar to go with whatever TV I was going to purchase based on previous experiences, but he LG C9 was amazing and I was so pleased I didn't have to spend the extra money.

There are 4 HDMI ports, yet I only use one being the EARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) everything is connected to my receiver. There are 3 USB ports but I utilise my Nvidea Shield for anything USB, but this TV has everything to offer - connections, operating system, superlative remote, and breathtaking picture.

I cannot recommend this C9 TV enough. It stands alone and worldwide reviews back it up, just as they did for the C8 series.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $2,580.00.

Best TV I have owned

I originally bought a LG B8 65 inch (carton damaged) but it was in fact refurbished and had physical damage so got my money back. It was too big anyway so I bought the 55" C9. I replaced a 14 year old LG plasma so normal LED TVs just did not cut the mustard. The C9 has a stunning picture with the best contrast of any current TV available in my opinion. How they get the picture quality out of a panel that is only 3.4mm thick (I checked with a micrometer) is unbelievable.

The other possibility was a Samsung QLED but it is overly bright with contrast not as good & I reckon they chose the name QLED as it looks like OLED to try and compete.

The new long angled metal stand also reflects the sound which is amazingly good and loud without distortion. The bass is not as good as a sound bar though. With all my fiddling and manual setup I still could not get the sound as good as the built in AI room analyser so used that.

The magic remote is great and the user interface with all the options is really easy to customise and set up to what you want. I also like the dashboard which has all your inputs set up. This is my first Smart TV so it was great to be able to set up my bluetooth headphones, link my phone & the Blu ray player (also LG) just got automatically set up & the remote was also automatically set up to manage the TV as well. I can even use my phone as a remote control.

I have my computer connected as well so have all my videos, music & photos available via WiFi. It has 4 HDMI ports (I use 2) & 3 USB 2 ports. I haven't used any of the USB ports as everything I have can be connected by WiFi or Bluetooth

I did read some reviews and set the picture to isf Expert Dark Room which was recommended & is indeed the best after my experimentation.

I get all my TV through a Foxtel IQ3 box so the favourites function doesn't work for that as it will only select Foxtel & not the actual channel as it would with a normal aerial connection.

The manual is in the TV but I also have it on my PC. There are so many features that after a month I am still finding new things.

OLED TVs are very expensive especially so the bigger you go. The 65" C9 is nearly double the price I paid. I could have got a 55" LED TV for $500.00 at the cheap end of the spectrum. Was it worth the extra $2000.00? In my opinion Yes definitely. Will it last as long as my old Plasma? Probably not but hopefully at least 6 or 7 years.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $2,520.00.