Not quite as good as expected

Now I should probably start by saying that I am a bit of an LG fan. I absolutely love all of my LG products, so when it come to buying a Dishwasher, it was a no brainer.

On installing the Dishwasher, I must say I was a little disappointed at the abomination they have attached to the end of the Water inlet hose. Unlike a normal inlet hose, the LG Dishwasher has a great big Plastic device that cannot be detached during installation. This means that you have to cut out massive holes in your kitchen cabinets, just to get the hose connected. Why on earth they could not have installed whatever this monstrosity is, on the inside of the machine I do not know, but it is a really bad bit of design work.

Eventually I made the necessary alterations to my kitchen cabinets and got the Dishwasher powered up.
The first wash was good, however the dishes were not dry at all.
I installed the LG App on my iPhone in the hope that it would give me some hints on how to dry the dishes, but all I get is an alert telling me to use Rinse Aid.
The 'Use Rinse Aid' alert suggests to me that LG are aware that the machine has very poor drying capabilities.

Previously I have owned much cheaper Dishwasher brands and they have all dried reasonably well, but the LG is way below their performance when it comes to drying.

I have tried warmer wash settings and the 75oC wash is an improvement, but not perfect.

Over time the drying does seem to have improved slightly (not sure why) and a couple of months in to owning the Dishwasher I have learned to live with this.

On a positive note though, the Dishwasher does clean exceptionally well and I only use Finish Dishwasher balls.

Sadly though, I would have to say that this product does not live up to LG's usually level of greatness and as it is not a cheap Dishwasher, I would have advise trying a different brand, or even a cheaper machine instead. It's poor drying in my opinion devalues the product, making it overpriced in comparison to competitors.

I still love LG overall, but this Dishwasher is a bit of a disappointment.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,499.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

Looks Great. Works Well.

Bought this to replace an old Electrolux and chose the LG Matt Black to match our new LG fridge. The matt black finish looks beautiful in our kitchen. It's very quiet and washes well. Baked-on stuff still needs to be soaked but that's OK. Not sure about the cutlery rack. We are used to a cutlery basket and simply plonking in the flat ware willy-nilly. With this LG, you need to place each piece with more care - spoons should be face down or they are full of water at the end of the cycle. Need to take care not to 'spoon' spoons and forks or they won't get washed properly. Larger knives, potato masher etc won't fit on this thing. Adding the cutlery tray created more space at the bottom for plates and dishes but sacrificed height so tall tumbler glasses must go on the bottom tray and they tip over down there. Not a deal breaker, although I'd prefer a cutlery basket. At the end of the cycle, the door opens and the machine plays a rather annoying, sleep-disturbing little tune. It may be possible to turn this off (or down) but we haven't figured that out yet. We also haven't found the cycle that leaves dishes properly dry. I think this machine has way more features than we'd ever need but that's OK. The control panel is inside the door (not on the front) which may be significant for families with kiddies who can't resist touching things. Overall, it's a sexy looking dishwasher that quietly washes dishes really well - what more could you want?

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Why did I wait so long?

Just bought the LG quad wash dishwasher after putting off buying a dishwasher for years as there are just two of us. Sooo easy to use , easy to choose programs , easy to clean and dishes come out sparkling. I use rinse program while waiting until the dishwasher is full, then auto program to complete the wash .

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Quiet stylish washer that reliably cleans

Not normally one for white dishwashers, this is a stylish washer that is quiet (compared to my previous Technika washer). Couldn't be more happier - their is adequate space, does the job, blends with rest of kitchen and is fantastic value for money. Has good range of washing features and had good build quality.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Love it!

Its a great dishwasher cleans great after every wash. Easy to clean filters, love the tune when it is finished. Child lock option is great for little kids only down side even when child lock is on dishwasher can still be turned on/off so when kids are touching the panel they sometimes press the on/off button which i then have to restart. Other than that its a great dishwasher. I would definitely buy another one if needed to

Very Quiet

Great dishwasher. Cleans and dries well especially on turbo. The only issue is there’s no rack for large cutlery like knives and wooden spoons etc.

Easy to install yourself and good value for money. Some of the wash cycles are extremely long but not really needed. Overall it looks good and does the job well.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Washes the dishes well

Purchased LG Inverter Direct Drive dishwasher to replace my old dishlex. It washes the dishes well particularly my heavy stained slow cooker bowl, however a lot more moisture is left on the walls etc at the end of the wash than my old dishlex. I have only run it on turbo extra dry to date. I do not find the collapsible plate holders easy to configure and the cutlery basket gets put all over the place and never sits well no matter where I place it on the bottom rack. The top rack also I find it hard to sit container lids and plastics due to the design curves on the floor racks. A cutlery tray would have been nice in this model considering the price and newness of the model. I have noticed that not all my cutlery is spotless even though I spread it out in the basket.

It is very quiet to run and reasonably fast. However too much moisture left on items even when I open the door to let the steam out. I also try to leave the door ajar a little after each use, however it keeps on closing itself.

Overall I am satisfied, but not ecstatic about the new dishwasher.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Good performance but poor design.

Looks great with good, whisper-quiet washing performance that leaves dishes clean and mostly dry, but a completely flawed interior design makes stacking frustratingly difficult. e.g.Taller glasses hit the cutlery drawer, but if you drop the top shelf down to anything other than the top position plates & pots obstruct the arms. The arms are too easily knocked off as well... Easy enough to replace, but it's fair to expect better from one of the most expensive dishwashers in it's class.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Excellent finishing on this washer

We bought this because it's finishing details are very nice compaired to older models or even other washers on the market and we wanted an updated washer in an modem kitchen that we just upgraded. It washes the plates well but we had some issues with the forks and knifes

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Lovely lovely

This washing machine works perfect and clean all the dishes better as washing with hand
Also it’s faster of all older models are
You can enjoy this silence and low energy and water usage
One hour without any sound you can have your shiny dishes and very clean
This worth it

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Control panel cracks- do not buy

Sine purchasing in June 2018 weve had control panel replaced and now its cracked again.
Mr dishwasher (repairers) have bad attitude and we do not want a dishwasher that has to be repaired every couple of months.

Was looking at a different brand but this one matched the fridge we got so it was a no brainer. Nice and quiet, love the adjustable shelves. Cutlery shelf is great too. Easy to fit most items in as the shelves move and the inserts can be flexible too. Very handy

Purchased in June 2018 for $1,200.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Ok, so just notice a crack on top panel. Have contacted lg and am awaiting a response. Anyone else had this issue?

Absolutely brilliant. Life changing

I have severe arthritis, so doing the dishes can be incredibly painful. I was worried about purchasing a diswaher, and wasting what limited money i have, but after 3 months using this machine, i could not be happier, it's easy to load, quiet, ecconomical, neither my electricity or water bills have changed. And it cleans brilliantly using cheap Aldi tablets. This is a life saver, i can clean all my dishes without pain and suffering, with the peace of mind, it's cheap to operate and cleans gently but thoroughly.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

An intelligent dishwasher. This is perfect!

-It cleans and dries the dishes very well
-Once done it opens the door automatically to remove the steam
-It has an app which is installed on your mobile phone and can show you the progress information, upgrade the dishwasher firmware to the latest version and even download some new washing program from the internet. You also can control the operation using the app and your WiFi at home.
-It is quiet and nice
-It'll be informed you once your dishes ready by play a chime. You also can turn it off by the app or choose a night time washing program to have a complete quiet washing.
-Send you a report on the app about washing period and some more information after it has done a wash.
-Has 4 hands on the bottom to make the dishes extra clean
-There is a half load program and you can choose top half load or bottom half load easily
-The design is sharp and modern and We love it.
-I have tested it with some extra oily pots and dirty pan by egg and it has cleaned them easily in less than an hour without any stain or smell.
-Once it needs to have a cleaning it'll be let you know. It has a cleaning machine program and you just need to push a key.
Strongly recommend to give it a try. Most of the sellers don't know about its special features as I asked.
We love it and happy that we have it in our home.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Happy

Quadwash with extra arms is something new in the market and doing a really good job, one option which I love is, after finishing the job the door gets open automatically if you trun on this option and the dishes don't get smelly until morning, also very quite dishwasher but the water pump makes a sound which im not sure its happening only for me due to bad installation.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

This is perfect choice

We are so impressed of quiteness when this dishwasher is doing its work. All the selections are at the top of the door, so you have to open the door and made selection and start before closing the door. It seems a bit unconventional but we can live with it. If you do wonder how much time left to finish, you have to literally peek in the slot between top of the door and the top cover( which you can remove if the dishwasher under the kitchen bench but we did not remove the cover).But you can see the time left with a bit of difficulty through the slot otherwise you can download LG Smart ThinQ app in your tablet or phone. It will show the status and time left of the dishwasher.
If you set the door to open after finish,it will leave the door an open gap. We left it overnight all the dishes are dried and cleaned in the morning.
We have this dishwasher for almost a month and we are very happy of the it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

What is the quickest cycle and how yo download that
The operation manual says that the cycle length depends on a few things, like the in-going water temp. You can download a copy of the Operation Manual from the LG website. The manual takes you through the APP thing that lets you download additional optional cycles. Or, use their Live Chat thing and ask your question. We have hot water connected to our machine because that used to be cheaper than using the dishwasher to heat the water. Now that the price of gas has gone through the roof, this is less of a saving. If you've only connected cold water to your machine, the cycle will take longer. A couple of the shorter cycles skip the drying phase at the end. Hope this helps.

I’m trying to download a shorter cycle, it seems the shortest on the machine is 59mins. Does this model connect via WiFi to an apple iphone? Thanks!
Yes it will the instructions are in the book provided

Should I buy popular Bosch model SMS88TI01A or this one?
I have never met anyone who has been happy with Bosch whitegoods long term. I have always been happy with the LG products I've bought (2 dishwahers, 2 front loader washing machines, 1 fridge, 2 TV's and a couple of DVD players). I know 6 people who have bought a Bosch dishwasher and all wish they'd bought something else. Only thing with the LG dishwashers is that I've never gotten more than 7 years out of them.

QuadWash XD3A15BS (Black Stainless Steel)QuadWash XD3A15NS (Noble Steel)QuadWash XD4B14PS (Platinum Steel)QuadWash XD5B14PS (Platinum Steel)QuadWash XD5B14WH (White)QuadWash XD3A15MB (Matte Black)
Price (RRP) $1,549$1,499$1,199$1,049$999$1,749
FeaturesEco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayEco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayEco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayEco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayEco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayEco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining Display
Additional FeaturesFoldable RacksFoldable RacksCutlery Tray/Basket and Foldable RacksCutlery Tray/Basket and Foldable RacksCutlery Tray/Basket and Foldable RacksFoldable Racks
Water Rating5.5 star(s)5.5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)5.5 star(s)
Water Consumption11.1 L/wash11.1 L/wash11.5 L/wash11.5 L/wash11.5 L/wash11.1 L/wash
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)
Energy Consumption246 kWh per year246 kWh per year230 kWh per year230 kWh per year230 kWh per year246 kWh per year
Control Panel PositionTopTopFrontFrontFrontTop
Maximum Noise Level41 db41 db44 db44 db44 db41 db
Number of Programs777777
Number of Place Settings 151514141415
Colour / Finish Black StainlessNoble SteelPlatinum SteelPlatinum SteelWhiteMatte Black Stainless Steel
Dimensions 850 x 600 x 600 mm850 x 600 x 600 mm850 x 600 x 600 mm850 x 600 x 600 mm850 x 600 x 600 mm850 x 600 x 600 mm
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual