See the Best Freestanding Dishwashers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pretty good.

After reading all the other reviews on here it became clear that some "owners" of this dishwasher either haven't read the manual, haven't done their homework, or don't really own this machine.

So, to clarify:

The "monstrosity" on the end of the inlet hose is the anti-flood device which shuts off the water supply to the dishwasher in the event of something going wrong with the hose / dishwasher. ALL dishwashers from mid-range upwards have some sort of version of this feature, and they are ALL about the same size - I know, I checked in the showroom.

If a dishwasher cannot even wash ice cream off a bowl after a 3 hour cycle then there can only be three possible reasons for this. One, incorrect loading. Two, machine is faulty. Three, telling porkies and don't really own the dishwasher.

After having done my research I purchased this machine as it's combination of features suited us. The equivalent Bosch machine is probably just as good, but it didn't quite have the mix of cycles and options that we wanted.

So, how does it work? Well, it's pretty quiet but not amazingly so. It dries pretty well but not amazingly so. However it's washing result is outstanding.

I agree with another reviewer that the controls are too complicated, and LG is certainly coy about including cycle times anywhere in their literature or online. The reality is the cycle times are on a par with most dishwashers these days. That is to say between roughly two to three hours. This is generally longer than most dishwashers in the past but the trade off is significantly less water usage,

The WiFi connectivity in conjunction with the LG Smart ThinQ app is one of the silliest gimmicks I have come across recently. For example it can notify you on your phone when you're out and about that the cycle has finished; presumably so you can rush home and unload it!

But still, on balance this is a good dishwasher - no better or worse than it's peers, although the washing performance is exemplary.

I would certainly recommend.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,066.00.

ITS amazing

I have bought this few weeks earlier and very satisfied with the working. The best part is it is smart home means we can connect it with our google home. Very satisfied.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Internal Layout

A quiet dishwasher for a noisy household

I purchased this dishwasher after our Fisher and Paykel one failed, it was 18 years old ( was already in our house when we purchased). I actually wanted the Fisher and Paykel dishdrawer initially as I was sick and tired waiting for old dishwasher to be full to run. When I went to shop the salesman directed me this machine as it has half loads you can do, so if their is not enough to do full loads you can do half loads.
I also can put cutlery basket anywhere I want and fold out half the bottom rack to fit bulky items.
All the plates and everything comes out super clean.
The top rack I can lower so I can put tall items on top shelf.
The dishwasher is super quiet, hardly know it is running and plays I nice tune at the end once it is finished.
No need to rinse the plates before placing in dishwasher and they come out super clean.
The dishwasher has clean function which i love and run it every 30 cycles never get clogged.
It also has an extra dry function as well which plates come out dry with no excessive water. however it does add an extra 30-40 minutes to the cycle if you select this.
It also has a low rinse aid and machine clean sensor which flashes once you are low on rinse aid or machine is due for clean. I usually fill up rinse aid compartment every two weeks however I use my dishwasher everyday, people whom wouldn’t use as much would longer times in between refilling.

Purchased in May 2019 at Joyce Mayne Physical store for $1,100.00.

Better than I thought

This dishwasher is fantastic, it's so quiet that you even forget that it is on, also it leaves the dishes dry. A bargain for under $1000, rally happy with it

Pre Purchase Consumption Usage not Available!

Compare water & energy use and time for each cycle before you buy? Forget it!! Not on website, or User manual, or livechat - agent advised that info is not available to them. Unbelievable in this day and age.

Purchased in June 2019.

The dishwasher that doesn't ...

Being an LG fan (owning TVs, Fridge, Microwave Oven, Air Conditioners etc.) I went straight to the LG dishwasher. Well priced. Looks good. Features are great. But it simply doesn't wash dishes. The "Turbo" cycle which runs for 100 minutes didn't even remove ice-cream from a bowl. The only way to get dishes reliably clean is to run the "Intensive" program that lasts an incredible 192 minutes! However, it still struggles to clean even mildly dirty pots and pans.

I have reported this to LG, who sent a technician to examine it. He found no manufacturing defects. My follow-up conversations with LG Customer Support have been fruitless, as they simply hide behind the fact that if there is no manufacturing fault, then there is no warranty claim. They advised I could have a technician review the case, but since the likely outcome would be a failure to identify any faults again, that joy would cost me $160.

I was advised that performance is based on how the dishwasher is loaded (like I've never done that before) and whether water can get to all the surfaces. Well, is it a 14 place-setting dishwasher or not? I actually load it like a 6 place-setting dishwasher, and it still doesn't perform. I would have thought a dishwasher would be designed to blast water onto all surfaces when it's loaded as described.

As I've always done, everything is rinsed prior to placing in the dishwasher. Pots and pans are soaked and scraped first.

I've used Finish Quantum and Fairy Platinum tablets and even added a little extra powder into the dispenser and into the machine for the pre-wash ... all to no avail.

Drying is also poor at best. Even with "Extra Dry" selected, vertical surfaces are damp and retain visible markings.

I mentioned to LG Customer Support that my previous Bosch dishwasher cleaned the dirtiest pots and pans in 100 minutes. I was advised that I shouldn't compare them. Really?? They're both dishwashers, so comparisons would seem obvious ... it's just that one did wash dishes (in 100 minutes) whereas the LG doesn't (in over 3 hours).

In all honesty, this is absolutely the worst dishwasher I have ever owned. It simply doesn't do what you buy a dishwasher to do. Every other dishwasher I've ever used performed much better, for similar or not much more cost (Bosch / Smeg / Dishlex ...)

And since LG is adamant that there is no manufacturing defect, I can only assume that this performance is indicative of all LG dishwashers. So, my suggestion would be to avoid the risk (and potential frustration) and look at other brands.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $700.00.

Life's Good with LG!

I am floored at the advancements in dishwasher technology today. My LG is so quiet and thorough when it does a load, I hardly even know it is operating. I can fit all necessary dishes in, and I know they will all get cleaned to perfection. I have only one gripe about the finish of my dishes, and that being the small amounts of liquid that pool on top of cups. Perhaps one day, makers of dishwashers will fit them out with blowers like a laser car wash, and blow the liquid off....

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,199.00.

Internal Layout

Not quite as good as expected

Now I should probably start by saying that I am a bit of an LG fan. I absolutely love all of my LG products, so when it come to buying a Dishwasher, it was a no brainer.

On installing the Dishwasher, I must say I was a little disappointed at the abomination they have attached to the end of the Water inlet hose. Unlike a normal inlet hose, the LG Dishwasher has a great big Plastic device that cannot be detached during installation. This means that you have to cut out massive holes in your kitchen cabinets, just to get the hose connected. Why on earth they could not have installed whatever this monstrosity is, on the inside of the machine I do not know, but it is a really bad bit of design work.

Eventually I made the necessary alterations to my kitchen cabinets and got the Dishwasher powered up.
The first wash was good, however the dishes were not dry at all.
I installed the LG App on my iPhone in the hope that it would give me some hints on how to dry the dishes, but all I get is an alert telling me to use Rinse Aid.
The 'Use Rinse Aid' alert suggests to me that LG are aware that the machine has very poor drying capabilities.

Previously I have owned much cheaper Dishwasher brands and they have all dried reasonably well, but the LG is way below their performance when it comes to drying.

I have tried warmer wash settings and the 75oC wash is an improvement, but not perfect.

Over time the drying does seem to have improved slightly (not sure why) and a couple of months in to owning the Dishwasher I have learned to live with this.

On a positive note though, the Dishwasher does clean exceptionally well and I only use Finish Dishwasher balls.

Sadly though, I would have to say that this product does not live up to LG's usually level of greatness and as it is not a cheap Dishwasher, I would have advise trying a different brand, or even a cheaper machine instead. It's poor drying in my opinion devalues the product, making it overpriced in comparison to competitors.

I still love LG overall, but this Dishwasher is a bit of a disappointment.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,499.00.

Not As Fantastic As We First Thought

My original review was high praise for a good looking dishwasher that matched our new fridge. Having owned it for a bit, I am updating my review to say that we are so disappointed. This dishwasher does not wash dishes. It takes way too long and it doesn't dry anything. More seriously, the cutlery drawer concept does not work. Unless you very carefully place each piece, tip the spoons face down and top and tail forks, none of these will be clean. Who has time for that?
The controls are non-intuitive and confusing. We have only ever used one factory setting because we can't figure out how to change it. I think it says the wash cycle is 2 hours 56 minutes, with no dry cycle.

Our recommendation? Speak to people who already own one of these before making a decision to buy.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $1,330.00.

Why did I wait so long?

Just bought the LG quad wash dishwasher after putting off buying a dishwasher for years as there are just two of us. Sooo easy to use , easy to choose programs , easy to clean and dishes come out sparkling. I use rinse program while waiting until the dishwasher is full, then auto program to complete the wash .

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Quiet stylish washer that reliably cleans

Not normally one for white dishwashers, this is a stylish washer that is quiet (compared to my previous Technika washer). Couldn't be more happier - their is adequate space, does the job, blends with rest of kitchen and is fantastic value for money. Has good range of washing features and had good build quality.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Love it!

Its a great dishwasher cleans great after every wash. Easy to clean filters, love the tune when it is finished. Child lock option is great for little kids only down side even when child lock is on dishwasher can still be turned on/off so when kids are touching the panel they sometimes press the on/off button which i then have to restart. Other than that its a great dishwasher. I would definitely buy another one if needed to

Very Quiet

Great dishwasher. Cleans and dries well especially on turbo. The only issue is there’s no rack for large cutlery like knives and wooden spoons etc.

Easy to install yourself and good value for money. Some of the wash cycles are extremely long but not really needed. Overall it looks good and does the job well.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Washes the dishes well

Purchased LG Inverter Direct Drive dishwasher to replace my old dishlex. It washes the dishes well particularly my heavy stained slow cooker bowl, however a lot more moisture is left on the walls etc at the end of the wash than my old dishlex. I have only run it on turbo extra dry to date. I do not find the collapsible plate holders easy to configure and the cutlery basket gets put all over the place and never sits well no matter where I place it on the bottom rack. The top rack also I find it hard to sit container lids and plastics due to the design curves on the floor racks. A cutlery tray would have been nice in this model considering the price and newness of the model. I have noticed that not all my cutlery is spotless even though I spread it out in the basket.

It is very quiet to run and reasonably fast. However too much moisture left on items even when I open the door to let the steam out. I also try to leave the door ajar a little after each use, however it keeps on closing itself.

Overall I am satisfied, but not ecstatic about the new dishwasher.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Just great with savings on power and water usage .

I just purchased this dishwasher over a month ago and never had a problem with the cleanness of the dishes. In case you don’t use any tablets then just make sure you don’t use too much of the cheaper dishwashing powder as it can make your dishes a little sticky. However I like also the adjustable top rack which can be moved up or down to make more room for bigger plates . You will notice the quietness and the big amount of larger dishes you can put in. The display of the program buttons makes it very easy to choose your next dishwashing option, especially the pre-timer settings is a great help to have your dishes ready just before you get home from work .

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Good performance but poor design.

Looks great with good, whisper-quiet washing performance that leaves dishes clean and mostly dry, but a completely flawed interior design makes stacking frustratingly difficult. e.g.Taller glasses hit the cutlery drawer, but if you drop the top shelf down to anything other than the top position plates & pots obstruct the arms. The arms are too easily knocked off as well... Easy enough to replace, but it's fair to expect better from one of the most expensive dishwashers in it's class.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Excellent finishing on this washer

We bought this because it's finishing details are very nice compaired to older models or even other washers on the market and we wanted an updated washer in an modem kitchen that we just upgraded. It washes the plates well but we had some issues with the forks and knifes

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Lovely lovely

This washing machine works perfect and clean all the dishes better as washing with hand
Also it’s faster of all older models are
You can enjoy this silence and low energy and water usage
One hour without any sound you can have your shiny dishes and very clean
This worth it

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Control panel cracks- do not buy

Sine purchasing in June 2018 weve had control panel replaced and now its cracked again.
Mr dishwasher (repairers) have bad attitude and we do not want a dishwasher that has to be repaired every couple of months.

Was looking at a different brand but this one matched the fridge we got so it was a no brainer. Nice and quiet, love the adjustable shelves. Cutlery shelf is great too. Easy to fit most items in as the shelves move and the inserts can be flexible too. Very handy

Purchased in June 2018 for $1,200.00.

Internal Layout
Ok, so just notice a crack on top panel. Have contacted lg and am awaiting a response. Anyone else had this issue?

Absolutely brilliant. Life changing

I have severe arthritis, so doing the dishes can be incredibly painful. I was worried about purchasing a diswaher, and wasting what limited money i have, but after 3 months using this machine, i could not be happier, it's easy to load, quiet, ecconomical, neither my electricity or water bills have changed. And it cleans brilliantly using cheap Aldi tablets. This is a life saver, i can clean all my dishes without pain and suffering, with the peace of mind, it's cheap to operate and cleans gently but thoroughly.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Has anyone owned this dishwasher for a year or more? I would love to hear of its long term reliability and customer service standards if assistance is needed. Thank you!

what are the dimensions of this dishwasher please. I need to replace my old L.G with a new one in the same place

Why is there no heating of the hot water between long wash times
All I know is the dishes are hot and dry when the long cycles finish...hey are also spotless and clean..that's what a dishwasher is for, mate.Sorry, can't answer that arthur. Perhaps you could call LG to ask them. I've found their Customer Service people pretty helpful.Are there any machines that do?

LG QuadWash XD3A15BS (Black Stainless Steel)LG QuadWash XD3A15NS (Noble Steel)LG QuadWash XD4B14PS (Platinum Steel)LG QuadWash XD5B14PS (Platinum Steel)LG QuadWash XD5B14WH (White)LG QuadWash XD3A15MB (Matte Black)
CategoryFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $1,549$1,499$1,199$1,049$999$1,749
FeaturesEco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayEco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayEco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayEco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayEco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayEco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining Display
Number of Place Settings 151514141415
Water Rating5.5 star(s)5.5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)5.5 star(s)
Water Consumption11.1 L/wash11.1 L/wash11.5 L/wash11.5 L/wash11.5 L/wash11.1 L/wash
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)
Energy Consumption246 kWh per year246 kWh per year230 kWh per year230 kWh per year230 kWh per year246 kWh per year
Control Panel Position TopTopFrontFrontFrontTop
Maximum Noise Level41 db41 db44 db44 db44 db41 db
Number of Programs777777
Colour / Finish Black StainlessNoble SteelPlatinum SteelPlatinum SteelWhiteMatte Black Stainless Steel
Dimensions 850 x 600 x 600 mm850 x 600 x 600 mm850 x 600 x 600 mm850 x 600 x 600 mm850 x 600 x 600 mm850 x 600 x 600 mm
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)

Download manual