LG SH5

LG SH5

MPN: SH5

See the Best Soundbars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A great unit to amp your tv sound or getting some cinema sound at home!

I have been looking to get a sound bar to amp up the sound of my tv which didn’t quite have the dynamic sound from the built in speakers alone. I had a look around & found this unit at a great price for the sound I was looking for. With really quick connectivity to your phone via Bluetooth to listen to music & one simple digital connection to your tv this has already proven its well worth the spend. The clarity of the sound is great too even when the volume is low it’s quite crystal clear. The unit is really slim & with a nice wireless bass subwoofer with a total power of 320watts. You can fully adjust the woofer level, treble & bass so you can really adjust the range to suite all types of listening needs. It also has a USB port so you can load it up with music & use it as your stereo. All in all I’m very happy with it so a must buy for anyone keen on getting there tv sound upped a bit or even just for some good home cinema for your unit on those nights in :)

Date PurchasedJun 2018

This thing is loud

Over the last three years, i've become used to a tv speaker that could barely output any sound without distorting, my girlfriend purchased this as a (expensive) gift for myself at christmas. I don't think i could have received a better present. Sound is crystal clear and the bluetooth works perfectly.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

What a joke lg sh5. It can't even Bluetooth to my iPhone 6.

What a joke lg sh5
It can't even Bluetooth to my iPhone 6.. How can a $500+ device not b able to since with iPhone. What else does it fail?
It is slow to find device. But never actually connects
I have 4 other "non apple ios" devices that easily connect.
LG lift your game

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Must have!

320W 2.1 inch sound bar wireless 4 speaker system, sound fantastic, easy plug in & play. smile on my dial as soon as i turned up the volume. Has all types of sound effects to suit all types of people. I have mine set up with a 60 inch LG/UHD TV, ( Always believed in compatibility.) Has great bass ( sub woofer) & has its own remote. Once combined with the LG/TV, you can use the magic remote control that comes with the TV to do everything. I paid $650 brand new 2016, but they are a lot cheaper now . The sound bar does not impede viewing the TV & looks good. Enjoy!

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Me again.This particular LG sound bar has a great sound. Big "Bass". When streaming you have to make sure you have the remote in your hand to turn the sound up or down . Every movie you watch will come with a different sound. Due to the movie studios sound equipment that they use. E G bass & treble. Tried everything in the past year of owning this product to gain a better clarity .Has 3d effect acoustics.. However if you like scary movies or sci-fi . buy one.

Faulty subwoofer terrible customer service

The unit worked perfectly for a short period before the subwoofer began to cut in and out. I contacted LG service who were extremely unhelpful and rude. Very poor form from a company I have been loyal to for the past ten years. I have never had a problem with an LG item before but they clearly make it difficult on the consumer when you do.
I will be sure to let anyone who is interested in a new electronic item know to steer well clear of anything LG. Their warranty states that any item can be repaired or replaced but they refused to replace the item. On top of this LG service want me to take a 2 hour return trip to take the item to a service centre to be assessed. From other reviews I've since read this appears to be a common fault. Avoid LG!!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Thunderous sound

At 320 watts, this speaker and sub-woofer makes the whole house shake. It has an optical connection to the tv, plus a usb ports for listening to mp3's, bluetooth, and a connection to a dab radio if you wanted, to make it an integrated system. For watching movies, there is probably too much bass and I have trouble hearing what the actors say unless I have it really loud. And when listening to music on a usb, it shortens the name of the album it is playing to 5 letters and you don't know what you're going to be listening to.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

OK but could be better

I had an earlier LG soundbar that connected to the LG TV via optical link and it had an issue with going to sleep at random times. So i thought i would buy a new unit as i was hoping this might be corrected. With this model it uses the HDMI ARC cable (which i also bought with the soundbar. It doesnt go to sleep but the sound level fluctuates somewhat and i havent found a way around it yet. The unit is good makes lots of noise but this irritates a lot

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Its like being there

What a amazing sound this bar produces, I have found myself ducking jumping and even turning the TV down, this sound bar picks up every noise and makes it sound like its all happening in your lounge room, it is sleek looking and I was very surprised at just how much output it has

Date PurchasedNov 2016