LG V30+

LG V30+

MPNs: KHLGV30P128BLK and LGH930DS

Great smartphone, 128GB, 2 sims, great price

Great smartphone, 128GB, 2 sims, great price.
I like LG smartphones, they are waterproof, great price/quality ratio, 2 sims, the only downside is that the battery capacity could be better. That's not to say it is lower than other modern phones. Great sound quality on headphones as they have a headphone amp. Who else does that?

Purchased in November 2018 at eBay for $600.00.

Underrated phone!

The camera and video capabilities are inspiring -- especially when using gcam. No issues to report yet after a month of use. Great battery life, responsive performance, nice display. I'm glad I tried this instead of paying substantially more for other phones with similar specs..

Purchased in April 2019.

Nice.

I like this phone mostly for its audio dack. also, Pretty good build overall, lots of features and cool wide angle camera. It's responsive and as quick as you'd need for a daily.

Purchased in January 2019 for $480.00.

Software

Disappointing battery life and no LG support

There is so much to like in this phone
Thin, light and robust
Good camera
Always on display
And of course LG's double tap to turn on the phone

But the battery life is disappointing - Battery falls to 70% in only 6 hours even if the phone is unused! Throw in 2hours of listening to Bluetooth connected music and battery is less than 50%. Two longish phone calls and a top up charge is required to get to the end of the day

Then there is the pain of setting it up - The LG WiFi transfer app does not work. It works on the old phone but not on the V30+. Contacted LG help multiple times each time promises to escalate my case (never called back) and asking me to perform yet ANOTHER factory reset! I did finally transfer SOME content using a (separately bought) OTG adaptor - but Huawei's set up was so much easier and it copied all Apps

So as much as I want to recommend this phone I can't

Purchased in February 2019.

Software

Stylish mobile phone with good features

This phone is heavier than the LG G4 which I used to have, but the screen of LV V30+ is larger than LG G4. LG V30+ has a very smooth touch, front and back, very stylish and pretty. I always worry that I would drop it and break it or scratch it. I would suggest other people to get a phone case if they consider to get this LG V30+. I have ordered a phone case from ebay. The sensitivity level of this new phone is high. In other words, it responds very quickly. The fast charging feature is wonderful. The internal storage 128 GB is huge. I can take more and more photos, and record lots of videos. I am happy with the quality of the camera as my photos taken at night time are very clear. The Always On display function (time, date and percentage of battery) is a bonus. It is excellent and super convenient, even though it would consume a little more battery. Overall, LG V30+ is a very decent smartphone. The only thing I do not like is that I cannot use the google assistant without unlocking my phone. Unlike my old LG G4, unlocking the phone to use google assistant is unnecessary. For this reason, I give it 4 stars.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $479.00.

Great deal, great phone

Pretty good build overall, lots of features and cool wide angle camera. Its responsive and as quick as you'd need for a daily. The quality feels good and battery lasts for 2 days with moderate use. Only issue is finding screen protectors ect as most places do not stock them.
Great phone, especially if on promo

Purchased in January 2019.

Software

Great phone - pity about screen quality and warranty claim process

I have owned this phone for 10 months now and generally have been happy with its performance. I have however had issues with dark shadows bleeding across screen when low brightness is being used (ie auto screen brightness). I contacted LG about the matter to see if they could assist. An LG representative advised that he had not heard of similar issues and that it was unusual. He also suggested I could 'not use the auto brightness function' to alleviate the problem. I was disappointed with his response given the $$$ spent and the fact that the phone is or was considered their flagship phone. A quick google search confirmed that there are various known issues regarding the phones screen. The LG representative then said he would look into the problem and get back to me with a solution. Days pass with no response. I then follow it up and speak with another LG representative who suggests I send it off to a 3rd party to have the problem assessed and the phone repaired if necessary. At this point in time the phone is with the repairer. I will update the review once they determine the problem and provide a solution. Considering the size of the company, I would have expected a better process for warranty claims.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great value

This is a great phone. The sound through the earphones is great. The widescreen camera is great. It phones people if you need that? The screen is great compared to my old one. OLED seems to improve things greatly. I have had no issues with this phone so far. Overall I recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Software Tragic!

The phone itself as a hardware is ok, software is terrible. When it was on Android 7 it was clunky but livable. Since upgrade to Android 8 the phone is death slow, it takes few seconds to answer or terminate the call. It is lagging, it drive my nuts when I have to answer the call in the car and I need to push 3 times call button as BT is death slow. Frequently it does not connect to the car at all and needs to be restarted. In short it is total dissatisfaction for a phone which was NZD$1300. Cannto get rid of maps, it is like a pest making impossible to use the phone as it does not go into a background but stays open in quarter of the screen. Cannot remove bloatware form it too.

In addition it was to be Gorilla 5 glass but it chipped and I was told it is mechanical damage so no warranty applies!

Not recommended at all. I will not buy another LG in my life time!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

No Regrets With This Purchase

Spent some time looking around for a phone to fit my needs and would happily recommend this phone. Have previously owned HTC and Samsung so I'm not really loyal to a single company. Has amazing battery life, amazing audio, looks real good with minimal top/bottom bezels and USB-C port (was a must for me). I find the main camera to be quite good but truthfully camera quality has never been a concern for me. The phone comes in a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the Samsung/Apple flagship phones and as other reviews have stated it could easily be the best phone of 2017.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Excellent phone, great screen, amazing battery life

As the title says, literally the only thing I can complain about is the camera isn't quite as good as other flagships.... However, it's still very very good.... The widescreen lens is great fun.

Amazing headphone jack, zero screen issues, battery life is sensational...

It's the best phone I've ever owned.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

One of the best phones of 2017

Overall this is a great phone. Comes with a headphone jack and a built-in DAC so the audio quality is amazing. I've only ever used Nexus phones as I love the feel of stock Andriod. This phone does not stray too far away from the Stock feel which is a good thing for me. The physical look and the feel of the phone are top notch, it really does feel like a premium flagship device.

The camera and screen are the only two things I dislike about the phone.
For one, the front-facing camera is only 5MP which is terrible, if you consider most phones these days have 10-15MP front facing. The camera itself is decent but gets outperformed by the Google Pixel 2 by a long shot.

The next thing I dislike is the screen shape. I loved the idea of slightly curved screens until I tried to find a screen protector which stays on them. I've gone through 4 protectors since November, and everyone online seems to have the same issue.

Date PurchasedNov 2017