LG WF-T502C

LG WF-T502C

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

3.5

Barb

BarbSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best washing Ive ever bought

Had this machine for approx 15 years now and I bought on the phone sight unseen because I was sick of second hand ones breaking down all the time. Guy in the shop said this was the best for what i could afford and its never let me down, great fast wash and also the heavy duty one plus delicate, when it gives up the ghost I will get another one. Only thing that wore out was the lint catchers.

Purchased in April 2005 for A$499.00.

Noise Level
Dryer TypeElectolux EDC804BEWA
Jane

Jane

Inbuilt obsolescence

I'm sick of inbuilt obsolescence. The valve up the top is not replaceable any more so I have to throw the washing machine away and get another one. Intentional inbuilt obsolescence is criminal. Apart from that, it has been a good machine but it just hasn't lasted long enough and I think it's criminal to affect the environment like this just so they can get more profit.

Purchased in March 2014.

12 years of service - excellent

You can't ask for more. Now, after 12 years of reliable service it is time to replace.
There are some cosmetic things like rust around the top metal surface outside the machine. Recently the machine fills the bowl with a bit of water - there is no leak outside though. I guess it is the intake valve playing.
Otherwise the machine served very well to my family.
I wish I could find another one the same quality

Nermal

Nermal

Great washing machine

Hot water problem.

Hot water don't work. Hot water tap is open. It was working fine before for 2 years.
Suddenly the problem comes.
Any idea what the problem?

Not impressed.

Mixed opinion on this machine. Its terrible at washing wool sweaters(wool cycle). I get to the end of cycle to find the garment floating on top of water & mostly still bone dry.
I wonder if the lack of a center spindle could be the cause with not enough agitation.
However, so far it has been mechanically reliable and does an fair job with regular wash cycle.
I would not get another one and would never recommend one to anyone.
mechanically reliable
Poor agitation and useless wool wash.

Bad

Not impressed with the machine. Some of our clothes are permanantly marked and ruined. We wish we could get rid of the machine. But there is no secondhand market.
Ideal for a large family
It leaves marks on the clothes????

winno7

winno7South East Queensland, QLD

Washes reasonably well and has been mostly reliable.

ShadowX
ShadowX

Hay there. I need to extend the Corrugated Tube. Our laundry is absolutely a design flaw. Can you tell me the dimentions I need?

sharonoxley

sharonoxleyAU

Terrible

I hate this machine and would never buy LG again. It is supposed to be gentle on clothes because it doesn't have a central agitator. However, I find it is harder on clothes because they become so tangled and intertwined they get stretched all out of shape.
Auto sensor is a cool feature but doesn't outweigh the problems.
Clothes come out in one big mass - a mangled tangled mess. The machine frequently goes out of balance (no matter how you put the clothes in) and restarts the rinse cycle. I find myself having to open the machine and rearrange everything to try and get it into balance

Jeanette_Whitehead

Jeanette_Whiteheadsydney

great little machine

Coming up to 8 years old. Never serviced.Never failed me.Survived 4 house moves.Soaked stubborn stains before use though.Occasional tangle of clothes.good enough for family of 3.washes a queen size thin quilt.
it was cheap to buy.reliable
occasional off balance back to rinse cycle which could go on for 2 cycles. would have to turn machine off and put it on spin.

Frustrating machine

I've got the WF-T402TH model and it is 5 years old. It has been serviced once due to it going off-balance when it spins; so the motherboard was replaced. This did not fix the problem. The way the machine goes off balance has put me off automatic washing machines and I will be buying a front loader next.
SPEEDY wash cycle is handy; it has never stopped working - have not needed to use the Warranty apart from trying to figure out why it goes off balance so often.
The continual problem of the machine going off-balance when it spins drives me CRAZY. This is definitely the most frustrating aspect of this machine.

bronie

bronie

I would definitely reccomend this machines my model has never malfunchined. To anyone looking for a small machine this would be a great choice.
have had this machine for nearly six years now and love it. I am able wash all items in it even shoes when required and having no aggitater it the middle I have found things hardly if evere get off balanced. The delay function it fantastic as I can set the machine over night so that when we get up the washing is ready to be hung out. I love the compartments for washing powder and fabric softener an ease to operate.
Only that I should have brought a larger machine as the family has grown.

Excellent machine - hasn't missed a beat. Easy to use and relatively quiet too. Highly recommended for singles, would see it being a problem for large families unless you stay on top of the washing.
Intuitive to use, gets stuff clean. The only time I've had the lint problems some of the other people have described was when I discovered it had a lint container that needed to be emptied (I'm a bachelor...).
It beeps 13 minutes before it has actually finished. I guess this is when I'm supposed to add fancy softener or something.

RoughRoader

RoughRoaderMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent washing machine. I've had it for over ten years now and it hasn't missed a beat. It's had enormous use over the years as my next door neighbour and my ex girlfriend also use it once a week. It's never required a service technician and just keeps on going. It will be a sad day when it finally dies as I doubt any current machines will last anywhere near as long!
Mine is a wf-t502 model. I bought it in 1998. It is the best washing machine I have ever owned having had Simpson and Hoover machines previously.
Timer is not accurate as it always takes longer than the display states.

tal123

tal123

Bought it for the 3 yr factory warranty (longer than others I saw at the time). Had it over 8 years, never missed a beat, no service, nothing. It just works.
Stunning reliability. Intuitive controls.
Some say it gets stuff clean - mine doesnt always, especially whites. Maybe its the detergent - Dynamo Ultra. Time I changed brands then.

Terrible

I hate it and if I could get my money back on it I would, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
looks good
It's unbalanced all the time, can't stop the clothes getting tangled and it jumps about all the time. We had the floor looked at and fixed for levelness and it makes no difference. When it was delivered it only had three legs.

liz_selby

liz_selbyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good

Lately, during the past 6 months or so, the power switches off and nothing I do can restore it. Then suddenly it comes on. Various delays periods from 10 mim to 6 hours. Have had two different experts examine the machine but always seems to work when examined. My elec supply is in order. No circuit breaker problems or loose connections at the plug which also supplys the dryer (which always works at these moments in time).
Have had this model for about 5 years now. An excellent machine.
Could have chosen a larger model

nicolina

nicolina

Good

It still looks as fantastic as the day I bought it. Definitely a pretty machine for the girls! I've given it a good test washing for the family since I got it and always been happy with the quality of the wash. I'm an LG girl!
No agitator, so gentle on clothes. It's really easy to use because it autosenses how big the load is and even tells you how much washing powder to put in. My fave thing is the little chiming noises it makes when it's made a calculation. It sings to me when the washing is finished!
So far, I haven't found anything wrong with it and I've had it for about 2 years so far.

Robert

Robertasked

My machine jumps all over the floor and get out of balanced on spin have adjusted clothes and still does it Machine is level on the floor

Danie

Danieasked

My LG 3speed Top Loader Fuzzy Logic goes out of balance in every spin cycle How do I solve it?
This is urgent

LG
LG A.LG

Hi Danie, Please call LG Customer Care Center on 1300 54 2273 for assistance.

jj

jjasked

I often have the muck on clothes after wash ..it is not from the washing currently in there it has the texture of clay almost ..what is this ..and yes I have cleaned the machine and filters ..it also won't drain sometimes it just sits on that cycle for about 10 mins than flashes unbalanced error ???

LG
LG A.LG

Hi JJ, The muck on your clothes sounds like you're experiencing scrud; while the unit not draining and a Unbalanced Error sounds like your machine needs some further investigating. We would love to help. Pplease call the LG Customer Care Centre on 1300 54 2273 so we can assist you with these issues before you use the machine again. Many thanks and kind regards, LG Australia

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives