LG WTG1034WF / WTG1034BF

LG WTG1034WF / WTG1034BF

WTG1034WF (White), WTG1034BF (Black)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Worst Washing Machine ever

Water level is not enough to wash clothes properly. We also have to do a separate Ultra Spin when the cycle has finished because if we don't we can still wring water out of the clothes with our hands. The settings will not allow us to do an Ultra Spin within the cycle we choose. For example, we select Cold Wash, Quick Wash and try to select Ultra Spin but it does not accept it, and only allows us to do a High Spin which is why we then have to do an Ultra Spin after the washing cycle has finished. Many people have looked at the manual to see if we are doing something wrong, but we are not. Its just has a mind of its own.

Purchased in January 2020.

Noise Level
K.Adam

K.AdamKatherine, NT

Good machine so far

Purchased in August 2020 at Whitehouse furnishers Katherine for $1,171.00.

Cheryl

CherylWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Lint filter

Does this model have a lint filter can’t find one anywhere in the bowl the machine works great but can’t understand how to clean the lint filter and why does my softener and detergent dispenser fill up with water after a wash

Purchased in August 2020.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how LG WTG1034WF / WTG1034BF compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Good and bad

The good news is the drum is the same size as the 14kg model meaning you can fit a heap in a single load. Bad news is the water levels (and in particular the fuzzy logic water level sensing) are ridiculous. I manually set the water level every wash as the fuzzy logic hopelessly underestimates the required water. But even when manually selecting the levels they make no sense. Level 7 of 10 is closer to 85% of the height of the bowl and at the other end anything under level 4 is unusable...heres a photo of the amount of water on level 3 which doesn't even cover the agitator...level 1 is barely enough for a teabag!

Purchased in May 2020 for $850.00.

Tina P

Tina PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Totally satisfied with this LG Washing Machine!

Once I understood the settings and got use to - I am very happy with this product. All wash cycles I have used so far from blankets to delicates am more than happy with these results. I have already recommended this washing machine to others as I believe this to be an up to date with technology!
Regards Tina P

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,020.00.

Kevin

KevinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still waiting on Technician to call, 1 month

Have been promised twice someone would call us and come and help . Still had no call and machine has now failed , have been told twice we would be called , still waiting after 1 month

Purchased in November 2019 for $980.00.

KEVIN

KEVINGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

hate it

we have a wtg1032f 10kg the problems with this machine is listed below
quick wash cycle 35 minutes the spin cycle leaves clothes to wet so you have to select ultra spin after and that takes another 25 minutes all the cycles on these machines are approx 1 hour except for quick wash how can this machine get an energy rating at all also when it signals it requires a tub clean its cycle takes 9 hours i cannot believe how they get away with this, our old machine f&p most cycles were 35 to 40 minutes wish we had replaced it with the same

Purchased in December 2017.

TruthforvalueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful and as loud as a jumbo jet landing in your living room!

I bought this machine about 6 months ago from Good Guys and it is the worst machine I have ever had. It doesn't wash the clothes properly, the water saver function keeps the water level way under the clothes so they wash in a minimum amount of water, they do not come out clean. The spin cycle rocks the entire house and sounds like a jumbo jet is landing in my lounge room which is up the other end of the house to the laundry. Good Guys were unsympathetic when I complained and only offered to get a technician to look at it - at my cost. They also advised that direct drive machines are always noisy, would have been good to have been advised of this when I was purchasing the machine. Steer clear of this one.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,350.00.

Tanya S.

Tanya S.Sydney, NSW

Perfect machine for a large family

For a family of 7 this machine is perfect. The only downside is if you are 157cm or shorter you’ll need a stool to reach the bottom to grab socks and undies. Also a full load will have to be split into 2 loads to fit in the dryer. But overall love it.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,115.00.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Maurice G Boyce

Maurice G BoyceSydney, NSW

It Is Too Complicated.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,066.00.

rachel01

rachel01Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love the big capacity

I purchased this washer to replace my 10 kg Fisher and paykel Unlike my old one it doesnt have an agitator and I can fit so many more clothes in there than I did previously , I love it had so many wash options is quite and efficient

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for $995.00.

chris rayeroux

chris rayerouxGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

RInse water level Ruins it All.

michael

michaelasked

WTG1034WF / WTG1034BF

Why does my lg toploder water level not work?
Also no liquid soap dispenser
Michael
[email removed]

Ed

Just pour liquid soap in the bottom before the clothes. The water levels are stupid...I use 4 for a small wash, 7 for medium and 9 for large.

Rob Kasked

WTG1034WF (White)

I have just purchased this unit and after unpacking it and putting it in place I read through the manual to ensure I had done everything correctly when I came across a line on page 22 that suggests that "Regardless of size, we (LG) recommend washing bedclothes individually" Surely this can't be true. We have 6 beds in our house and to individually wash 18 sheets and duvet covers individually. would take days to cycle through and use an extraordinary amount of power and water.
Please advise if I can wash more than 1 sheet at a time and on what cycle. Thanks

Rob K

Just so everyone knows I have heard from LG about this unit and they did not recommend using this 11KG machine to do more than 1 single bed sheet at a time. They suggested that two would fit but they wouldn't guarantee the wash quality

Jacko
Jacko

I think it should be fine to wash multiple sheets and covers but it might tangle them and could result in an unbalanced load.

disgruntled

disgruntledasked

WTG1034WF (White)

Why does my washing machine sound like I'm standing next to Niagra falls? When it fills, it is so loud I have to close the laundry door. The water hits the plastic detergent tray causing this irritatingly loud noise , is there a way to stop this?

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Compare both LG WTG1034WF / WTG1034BF
LG WTG1034BF (Black)

LG WTG1034BF (Black)

No reviews yet
CategoryTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,319.00$1,499.00
Capacity10 kg10 kg
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Water Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless Steel
Number of Wash Cycles88
Temperature Settings 33
Weight70 kg70 kg
Open Lid Height 1,410 mm
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare both LG WTG1034WF / WTG1034BF