LG WTG6532W / WTG7532W / WTG8532WH / WTG9532WH / WTG9532VH

See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

4 weeks out of warranty it failed!

Nightmare started 4 weeks out of warranty. Got to spin cycle, with a small light load of clothes and it made a gurring noise of a stuck motor. No movement and smell of burning. Waiting for a technition come with a $160 call out fee. Has only been used by me, a single person with light loads. DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE! too long.need tongs to get clothes out.

Purchased in September 2016 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

LG 7.5 washing machine.

I bought the LG 7.5 recently. It washes very well.
Love being able to adjust wash and spin time with the push of a button. Very user friendly. The glass lid is definitely a bonus.

Purchased in June 2019.

Noise Level

LG washing machine Great!

Fantastic washing machine, does a great job from delicates to heavy duty items. Favourite feature is time delayed wash and quick wash. For a small machine it washes well with a large load.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $500.00.

Amazing to start with

I’ve had this washer for about 3yrs now and usually I tend to get a new washer every 5 to 6 years but I’m definitely now looking.... to start it was a dream washed clothes amazingly never had any problems. But after about 2 years it’s just done a 180 and has decided to not wash properly I’ve called everywhere to see that maybe it needs a service and nope that’s not it I have been told by the last guy that it’s the most well looked after washing machine his seen and he said that this washer hasn’t had the best rap.... I’m a lover of all LG products and have a fridge, tv, surround sound etc all lg and never have had problems with them as much as I’ve had with this... so definitely looking for a new washer now..... it would be fantastic for someone that needed a well priced washer to get things done for a few years while they save for a better one.... I am looking forward to getting a lg front loader as family and friends have lg front loaders and never have had any problems and I use my mums one quite a bit now for more delicate stuff as I can’t in mine now it just tears them apart and I love hers and she’s had it longer than I’ve had my top loader I’m reviewing. Lg is an amazing product but just not this item after a while.

Purchased in February 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $950.00.

Dryer TypeSimpson 4.5kg

Great washing machine

Great washing machine. Have been using it for almost a year without any problem. Cleans well and has many functions like soak, delicate wash, quick wash, quiet wash, tub clean and air dry. The glass top lid gives it a great look and it is not too noisy. Since it is agitator-less, it can accommodate more clothes and feels more than 6.5 kg capacity. It is big enough for our family of four (2 adults and 2 children).

Purchased in June 2018.

Horrible!!!!

Gave one star because I couldn't find '-' or '0' star. after so many complaints about lint filter not working well how come company still selling this product in the market. I feel like i bought this machine to ruin my clothes. I am stuck with this machine bcoz I've paid $1000 and tried to sale it online but the resale value is just $300. What a shame!!!

Purchased in March 2010 for $1,000.00.

Best LG

Every couples of years I need to replace a washing machine, when I bought LG washing machine from a retailer in 2009 to now is about 10 years time I still use it.

Purchased in March 2009.

Noise Level

Terrible terrible LG customer service, machine damages clothes.

Machine 1 year old and it damages clothes- stretches it and leaves lint on half load.

What is even more of a headache is the LG customer service (offshore) - the most terrible customer service i've ever received- inconsistent, lacks care, poor communication. Called over 12+ times, constantly following up before I am able to get a technician.

For a 7.5kg machine, i put 3 kgs (less than half a load) in and maximum water, they advised I am overloading machine and i need to use more water- what a joke for a 4 star water efficiency!

Their definition of "troubleshoot" is put clothing in bags and don't overload.

I have lost trust in the brand and quality of customer service. Never again LG. Life is not good!

Purchased in February 2018.

Noise Level

Worst washing machine ever. No Service from LG.

I do 2 washes a week on average; for one person (me!). One load with bed sheets, 1 towel and hand towel and floor mat, the other is office/gym clothes that are not really soiled but some black work pants/skirts. Rarely do I have a wash that I don't have to remove lint. I have one short-haired cat that does not shed much fur. Not dogs, no excessively fluffy clothes!! White sheets can come out with brown lint stains over them, meaning I have to put them through a cycle again. I pay for water where I live so this is not economical. The wash cycle I choose is the default wash not the quick cycle as at least this default cycle spins the clothes to be dryer. But it takes quite a long time. I am totally dissatisfied with this machine. Most major parts have been replaced due to faults in the operating when it was barely 1 year old. Mostly the OE error. Finding the lint filter is a nightmare. The machine can end up with an OE error and an incomplete wash cycle and you can't do a thing about it. Manually rinse and wring out the clothes!!!. I read this OE is the filter is clogged but every time a technician has been out, it is "clean as a whistle". So they replaced the motherboard. Next time the struts needed replacing, something the LG technician said happens on a machine nearly 10 years, not 2 years old. Recently it flooded and the OE error again. Incomplete wash and 6 towels to mop up the laundry and dining room inundation. Thank god I have tiles. Technician from LG, who was quite rude to me, said he "could not replicate the error but would replace the pump". Yesterday the spin function stopped working. Another OE error. More hand wringing. All the time I am asking for a refund because this product does not meet consumer expectations that it should wash your clothes and not keep failing. I have been told I have to use the 3 hours of super-heated water Tub Clean cycle (more water and electricity usage) once a month and put vinegar in the water to "break down the lint", and use de-scaler product to "break down the lint", and put the liquid OMO (the highest rated product) into a cup of hot water before using it to reduce lint. 10 years with a Fisher and Paykel and never had to do any of those things. I have NEVER used fabric softener. But what if people choose to? LG don't recommend it as it encourages lint. The LG support centre refuses to give me a contact for LG Australia to communicate with. I have been told "if it can be fixed, it won't be replaced". Every time I call LG with a problem, they tell me "but madam, you have only called us once before" so they do not keep a track of all the times this machine has failed. I have had to ask them to consolidate all call records. So I have an 8.5kg machine with very little demand on it's fundamental design (to wash clothes) and it fails my expectations. It is only just 3 years old. I see LG not backing up their reputation by authorising a refund on what is very obviously the worst washing machine I have ever used (and many others after reading this web site). I am going back to F&P or Simpson. In short, LG needs to step up and look after customers. Very, very disappointed.

Purchased in December 2016 for $835.00.

No regrets

I purchased my LG Washing Machine after my Fisher and Paykel of 20 years finally stopped working. I did quite a bit of research and both LG and F & P came up as very good products. Whilst I may have preferred the F & P, I was limited by the lid opening space I had to my Wall Dryer hence the purchase of the LG.

To date I have been quite happy with this appliance. I read other reviews where people complained of the clothes being twisted and tangled and yes this does happen but as I usually hang my clothes on the line, it doesn't take much to untangle them. It would probably be more annoying if you were putting them in the dryer.

I find it washes the towels very clean (as good as if not better than my old F & P) on the towel cycle. It doesn't seem to be too hard on our clothes. I always do a cotton wash cycle. To date I haven't really used any of the other options except a quick wash which is good for smaller loads. On average the time for a wash is anywhere between an hour and an hour and fifteen mins and that is with a full load. I am quite happy with no agitator in the middle of the machine and I do like the see through, soft close lid.

I have had a problem on at least 6 occasions of the machine indicating there was a problem with the lid closing (code "de"). I have to wipe the contact points a couple of times to get the machine to start, so I don't know whether it is using washing powder vs washing liquid that causes the problem or it is a defect with the machine and other users have that problem too. I have not rung LG yet to discuss this issue so I can't comment on what help I will receive from them but I will ring next time it happens.

Overall I am very happy with this product which not only performs to my satisfaction but looks good in the laundry as well.

Purchased in May 2018 at Joyce Mayne.

Excellent but

The machine has more high tech functions that will provide almost any wash combinations possible, Great value at the price and the warranty service is very good. But to start the machine the high tech self start packed in the first day and after repairs continues to malfunction. It is a technical issue that can't be solved as the item is way to over complicated. So when you get the error report tap the right side of the machine near the top and it works.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Machine leak Water

I bought the LG 8.5 kg Top Loader washing machine, I had problems with the machine leaking water after the washing cycle is finished the machine keeps leaking water inside the drum, the inlet valve needs replacing it only lasted 2.5 years.
I'm really disappointed with LG Washing machines and don't recommend it for anyone.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Random wash cycles and lint everywhere!

Have been unsatisfied with this product and the way it washes. Swishes from side to side, barely cleaning any of our clothes. Detergent left on clothing (even when we have triple checked amounts used). Lint on every wash regardless of tub clean or filter clean. Have tried everything to fix from our end and no luck. Customer service gives same advice but it's obviously just the machine. Family members with same machine have experienced this also. Waiting for it to die and then never buying an LG again!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Terrible Machine washing programs are way too long. Possible design fault and FIRE HAZARD and no sa

Summary of the above washing machine purchased February 2018:-

LG's Selling points:-

1) Big size, 9.5kg
2) Programs are way too long.
3) Supposed to allows us to wash quilt, blankets and pillows with ease
4) See through glass on the top to see what’s happening
3) Option to stop the machine to add items that you forgot to added in during washing
4) Supposed to have advanced computerised operating options. To customise how you want the washing completed, including the number of rinse cycle, level of water, minutes of washing...etc which I thought was a great idea at the time of purchase
5) The extra spin cycle gets clothes really dry, so less time needed to get the clothes to dry completely under the sun or in the dryer

Negative points:-

1) Large size, takes up room in your laundry space
2) Hard to reach the bottom of the machine unless you have very long arms and I’m 5'7"
3) The wash programs are way too long, 2 Hours for towels? 1.5 Hours for Eco Cotton? This is supposed to be a water saving and economic machine. Not with wash cycles of this length. The cycle’s programmes being too long which costs more electricity
4) Fast Wash only does a light spin and leaves the clothes too wet to put into the dryer so you need to do an extra spin.
5) Being a large machine, I have found with this machine I constantly had to check how much water the machine had put in as a lot of time there was not enough water to cover the clothes. If you only have a small load of washing, you need to use Eco Cotton if you intend to use your dryer otherwise you either have to an extra spin on fast wash as the clothes are too wet to dry in a drier. Despite being able to adjust the water level, you are still ended up using quite a lot of water, as you need the water level to be high enough to cover the clothes
6) With the water level issues it is not a machine you can set and walk away as you have to keep coming back to check it has correctly done what it was programmed to do and is washing correctly.
7) DO NOT WASH DOONA'S DUVETS OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE. I believe this machine has a design fault, and when I washed one recently which was under the 9.5kg load for this machine. The doona floated up during the spin cycle and got caught somehow. The machine sounded like a car doing a burn out and was extremely loud. The machine melted the plastic top of the machine above the stainless steel bowl and there was a strong smell of burning, and there is no safety cut out designed into this machine if an item of clothing gets above the water level. This is a fire hazard and just not safe.

LG currently refused a warranty claim which is still in dispute and which I do not agree with. They claim if you wash sheets or doona's in this machine and they quote from the Washing Machine Manual that the items have to be in a bag or netting because the item may float up. Tell me where you can buy one of those? Also if you need to put an article of clothing into a bag, isn't that to protect the clothes and not the machine? If that's needed why are they not supplied with this machine on purchase or an option to purchase? Also if they have this instruction in the manual and say that an item "may float" then they are aware there is a design fault in this machine.

LG's service technician’s inspection of my machine in regards to the warranty claim was to lift the lid. That's it no other inspection. They then took pictures of the damage, attempted to accuse me of washing something that the machine was not designed for this is how they assessed my warranty claim from that inspection.

When LG were asked why this machine had no safety feature to stop the machine if an article of clothing goes above the water level, LG has no sensible answer. This machine is supposed to be an intelligent machine with SmartQ.

DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE!! I personally think it has a design fault and LG know this, FROM MY EXPERIENCE IT’S A FIRE HAZARD.

I would not recommend this machine to my worst enemy and I certainly would not ever consider another LG product especially after this experience and the attitude and treatment by LG.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

not impressed

Not overly impressed with this machine. The wash cycle takes forever. I have had multiple issues with the machine clogging up because of dog hair/fluff in the filter which took me forever to work out why the machine would simply turn itself off mid wash and full of water. Technicians were no help. I worked it out myself. Now I know I have to regularly pull plug out the back to remove any buildup which then fills the laundry with the water that is in the machine after the drain cycle. Not happy with the quality of the clothes that come out at the end of the cycle. I only have rain water which is put through filters so my water quality is excellent. I would much rather use an old twin tub than this shiny new expensive waste of money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Disappointing bit of junk

Negatives are just too numerous. VERY LONG wash cycles, no manual programming for shorter cycles. Power outage means one hell of a headache to resume/finish that cycle, twists and tangles everything throwing it out of balance and no safety out of balance stop. No soft close lid anymore just slams shut, very noisy and rattly.
Controls at front never have been a good idea on any appliance.
Never had an LG anything before this and an LG fridge bought at same time.(also crap) and will not ever have anything LG again.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Disappointed

I bought a LG top loader as my daughter had one for over ten years and it was brilliant. This machine regularly doesn’t allow hot water in. Repair man said it was because our hot water was too hot or pressure too great!! Suggested we purchase a hot water regulator

Date PurchasedDec 2017

This perfect for my big family

I put day to day clothes all fabric types, kids, hi vis work clothes
Easy to use, settings and functions, i use a variety of the options and cycles
Gentle on delicates
If i need to do a quick or longer cycle i have the option
I am pleased with the overall performance of the product

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Absolutely love this machine

We wanted this machine for quite a while before finally buying it. Its great - it cleans so very thoroughly and spins out very dry for a top loader. I love the clear lid - I can see whats going on and adjust as necessary. It almost never goes off balance like my old one and looks good as well

Date PurchasedOct 2017

FABULOUS MACHINE

Bought my washing machine based on the fact it has no agatater which allows for easy loading of clothes & less creasing on completion of wash . I have done a queen size Dooner in it with very good results . so happy I made this wise purchase ,& would recommend it to all my friends

Date PurchasedApr 2018