LG WTG6532W / WTG7532W / WTG8532WH / WTG9532WH / WTG9532VH

LG WTG6532W / WTG7532W / WTG8532WH / WTG9532WH / WTG9532VH

WTG8532WH (8.5kg), WTG7532WH (7.5kg), WTG9532WH (9.5kg White), etc...

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.3

kedobu

kedobuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Looks good on paper but terrible

Lint on clothes is a severe issue following extreme tangling of clothes during wash. Would never have bought if I knew actual performance - think that we were sold a pup.

Purchased in January 2017.

C Clark

C ClarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unsafe

Purchased at Appliances Online for A$900.00.

Dryer TypeElectrolux EDC2086GDW
LG A.LG

Not happy with this 6.5kg new model LG machine.

We have had this 6.5 kg LG machine for only 3 months and our clothes are not cleaning well and come out stretched, badly tangled and torn with holes. We are extremely disappointed with this machine. Our previous Fisher & Paykel that lasted 20 yrs was so much better, but our mistake was that we bought this LG model which we are now regretting very much. This machine is ruining our clothes.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,010.00.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how LG WTG6532W / WTG7532W / WTG8532WH / WTG9532WH / WTG9532VH compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

A M G

A M GSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Not a review problem fix

Lint problem solved. Ok so I have been working as a washing machine Tech for a while now. The problem with lint build up on clothes and washing machine being hard on clothes is caused by clothes rubbing together in the machine. Causes are :-
Too little water in the machine. Either increase water level or reduce amount of clothes.
Using hot water or warm will improve wash quality. Or dissolving detergent in hot water before putting in machine.

Poor quality

I have only had the machine for not even one year and when put on automatic fill it never goes past level four. Have e-mailed company several times with responses of you will need to select fill option you require. I have informed them I did not pay for a machine that I need to stand and manually enter functions and I would of brought a machine half the price if this was the case. I will never purchase a machine from this company again. No wonder it was discontinued

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for A$899.00.

Customer Service Call Centre and LG top loading Washing Machine

Don't expect clean washing

The cycles run OK, BUT it is absolutely hopeless for linens, particularly whites, it leaves blotches of dirty lint, lint in the creases and causes a lot, lot more work.

oMSmellHer

oMSmellHerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

Love it, super quiet, washes well; Im so satisfied. Had it for 3 years now and still going strong. Would buy another again. Never had an issue and simple to use.

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$770.00.

Jasmine

JasmineWheatbelt, WA

Hate it!l

We've had this washing machine for 3 years now and it's been horrible pretty much the whole time. It's ruined so many clothes by leaving black marks on them. I've done numerous tub cleans and it makes no difference. I've contacted the company a few times now and they say it's not their fault but mine. Really not impressed and i will not buy lg again. Can't afford a new washer so am stuck with this piece of junk

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Delwyn

DelwynSydney, NSW

Decent machine

Been using this for almost a year now, working well all sorts of clothes. It did put a hole in one of my shirts but easily fixed by using laundry bags. Have had minor issues with it not being able to turn on but easy to fix.

Purchased in December 2018.

Gwen

GwenMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

LG? - Lot of Garbage - Both the Machine & Customer Service

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics.

Dani

DaniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very happy!

I have the 14kg LG top loader and we absolutely love it so when my mum needed a new machine,we didn’t hesitate to go for the LG. This is a perfect size for her,still big enough to wash doona covers and blankets and with all the different cycles she could ever need. These are stylish machines with a soft closing glass lid,controls on the front so she doesn’t have to bend and very easy to see and use.She loves the glass lid and no agitator and it’s very quiet too. Most importantly, the clothes come out perfectly clean every wash with very little creasing and no left over soap or fabric softener residue. It even plays a nice little song at the end..thanks LG,you’ve done it again!

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$699.00.

Dryer TypeLG 8kg Heat Pump Dryer TD-H803CSW
Janelle F.

Janelle F.Perth, WA

4 weeks out of warranty it failed!

Nightmare started 4 weeks out of warranty. Got to spin cycle, with a small light load of clothes and it made a gurring noise of a stuck motor. No movement and smell of burning. Waiting for a technition come with a $160 call out fee. Has only been used by me, a single person with light loads. DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE! too long.need tongs to get clothes out.

Purchased in September 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$800.00.

Deb.B

Deb.BSouth East Queensland, QLD

LG 7.5 washing machine.

I bought the LG 7.5 recently. It washes very well.
Love being able to adjust wash and spin time with the push of a button. Very user friendly. The glass lid is definitely a bonus.

Purchased in June 2019.

Kingy

KingySouth East Queensland, QLD

LG washing machine Great!

Fantastic washing machine, does a great job from delicates to heavy duty items. Favourite feature is time delayed wash and quick wash. For a small machine it washes well with a large load.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$500.00.

Kimba

KimbaBrisbane

Amazing to start with

Purchased in February 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for A$950.00.

Dryer TypeSimpson 4.5kg
vinod

vinodSydney, NSW

Great washing machine

Great washing machine. Have been using it for almost a year without any problem. Cleans well and has many functions like soak, delicate wash, quick wash, quiet wash, tub clean and air dry. The glass top lid gives it a great look and it is not too noisy. Since it is agitator-less, it can accommodate more clothes and feels more than 6.5 kg capacity. It is big enough for our family of four (2 adults and 2 children).

Purchased in June 2018.

Kri

KriGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible!!!!

Gave one star because I couldn't find '-' or '0' star. after so many complaints about lint filter not working well how come company still selling this product in the market. I feel like i bought this machine to ruin my clothes. I am stuck with this machine bcoz I've paid $1000 and tried to sale it online but the resale value is just $300. What a shame!!!

Purchased in March 2010 for A$1,000.00.

Elvin N.

Elvin N.

Best LG

Every couples of years I need to replace a washing machine, when I bought LG washing machine from a retailer in 2009 to now is about 10 years time I still use it.

Purchased in March 2009.

JD_G

JD_GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible terrible LG customer service, machine damages clothes.

Machine 1 year old and it damages clothes- stretches it and leaves lint on half load.

What is even more of a headache is the LG customer service (offshore) - the most terrible customer service i've ever received- inconsistent, lacks care, poor communication. Called over 12+ times, constantly following up before I am able to get a technician.

For a 7.5kg machine, i put 3 kgs (less than half a load) in and maximum water, they advised I am overloading machine and i need to use more water- what a joke for a 4 star water efficiency!

Their definition of "troubleshoot" is put clothing in bags and don't overload.

I have lost trust in the brand and quality of customer service. Never again LG. Life is not good!

Purchased in February 2018.

Dale67

Dale67asked

WTG8532WH (8.5kg)

Hi we have the LG WTG8532WH machine, the amount of lint on our washing is ridiculous, this is the worst washing machine we have bought, we have cleaned the inlet filters and the lower drain plug filter, which is being done weekly, we do the tub clean monthly but nothing is working, we are still getting lint on our washing, the washing machine has on it filter free symbol, how do clean this washing machine out and stop the lint covering our washing, not a happy LG customer, maybe consumer affairs can help us as the washing machine isn’t performing correctly, NOT HAPPY LG IN YOUR PRODUCT

JulsDen

Looks like alot of people with this 8.5kg model are reporting a lint problem. I guess it is not scrud (which is caused by soap powder build up with cold washes). Scrud can get on clothes. I always warm wash to prevent scrud. If it is lint then I guess if the machine is not working in this dept. Only way is to wash lint type items together e.g. towels and other items separately. I have had a terrible run with several LG WTG7532W (7.5kg). No lint problem but repeat DE faults on lid caused by either the magnets or hinges. No help at all from LG. call centre.. They do not care about their customers or faulty products at all.

Chris Hasked

WTG7532WH (7.5kg)

Bought the machine in April 2016. Lint! Lint! On everything. Lint filter no don't one. Wash the clothes then go outside with a lint brush before bringing the clothes inside. Where does all the lint come from? Previous loads. As for service in Canberra act. One company only. One other Company want service call fee over the phone when you book. The other is sooooo busy can't service for at least another week. As for the LG Care centre, don't think the staff are in Australia. For future reference don't buy it unless it has a lint filter. LG products are good. Question - why no lint filter in this model?

JulsDen

Sounds like your filter at the bottom at the back of the machine. Suspect that could be full, in is further in the outlet pipe I think from memory. Needs cleaning that might solve it??

Chris H

na. no lint filter on this model of machine. talk about lucky.

Muhammad I.

Muhammad I.asked

WTG8532WH (8.5kg)

I have issue with this model become Error P E

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives