LG WTG6532W / WTG7532W / WTG8532WH / WTG9532WH / WTG9532VH

No regrets

I purchased my LG Washing Machine after my Fisher and Paykel of 20 years finally stopped working. I did quite a bit of research and both LG and F & P came up as very good products. Whilst I may have preferred the F & P, I was limited by the lid opening space I had to my Wall Dryer hence the purchase of the LG.

To date I have been quite happy with this appliance. I read other reviews where people complained of the clothes being twisted and tangled and yes this does happen but as I usually hang my clothes on the line, it doesn't take much to untangle them. It would probably be more annoying if you were putting them in the dryer.

I find it washes the towels very clean (as good as if not better than my old F & P) on the towel cycle. It doesn't seem to be too hard on our clothes. I always do a cotton wash cycle. To date I haven't really used any of the other options except a quick wash which is good for smaller loads. On average the time for a wash is anywhere between an hour and an hour and fifteen mins and that is with a full load. I am quite happy with no agitator in the middle of the machine and I do like the see through, soft close lid.

I have had a problem on at least 6 occasions of the machine indicating there was a problem with the lid closing (code "de"). I have to wipe the contact points a couple of times to get the machine to start, so I don't know whether it is using washing powder vs washing liquid that causes the problem or it is a defect with the machine and other users have that problem too. I have not rung LG yet to discuss this issue so I can't comment on what help I will receive from them but I will ring next time it happens.

Overall I am very happy with this product which not only performs to my satisfaction but looks good in the laundry as well.

Purchased at Joyce Mayne.

Good
Good
Noise Level
Very quiet

Excellent but

The machine has more high tech functions that will provide almost any wash combinations possible, Great value at the price and the warranty service is very good. But to start the machine the high tech self start packed in the first day and after repairs continues to malfunction. It is a technical issue that can't be solved as the item is way to over complicated. So when you get the error report tap the right side of the machine near the top and it works.

Machine leak Water

I bought the LG 8.5 kg Top Loader washing machine, I had problems with the machine leaking water after the washing cycle is finished the machine keeps leaking water inside the drum, the inlet valve needs replacing it only lasted 2.5 years.
I'm really disappointed with LG Washing machines and don't recommend it for anyone.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Random wash cycles and lint everywhere!

Have been unsatisfied with this product and the way it washes. Swishes from side to side, barely cleaning any of our clothes. Detergent left on clothing (even when we have triple checked amounts used). Lint on every wash regardless of tub clean or filter clean. Have tried everything to fix from our end and no luck. Customer service gives same advice but it's obviously just the machine. Family members with same machine have experienced this also. Waiting for it to die and then never buying an LG again!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Terrible Machine washing programs are way too long. Possible design fault and FIRE HAZARD and no sa

Summary of the above washing machine purchased February 2018:-

LG's Selling points:-

1) Big size, 9.5kg
2) Programs are way too long.
3) Supposed to allows us to wash quilt, blankets and pillows with ease
4) See through glass on the top to see what’s happening
3) Option to stop the machine to add items that you forgot to added in during washing
4) Supposed to have advanced computerised operating options. To customise how you want the washing completed, including the number of rinse cycle, level of water, minutes of washing...etc which I thought was a great idea at the time of purchase
5) The extra spin cycle gets clothes really dry, so less time needed to get the clothes to dry completely under the sun or in the dryer

Negative points:-

1) Large size, takes up room in your laundry space
2) Hard to reach the bottom of the machine unless you have very long arms and I’m 5'7"
3) The wash programs are way too long, 2 Hours for towels? 1.5 Hours for Eco Cotton? This is supposed to be a water saving and economic machine. Not with wash cycles of this length. The cycle’s programmes being too long which costs more electricity
4) Fast Wash only does a light spin and leaves the clothes too wet to put into the dryer so you need to do an extra spin.
5) Being a large machine, I have found with this machine I constantly had to check how much water the machine had put in as a lot of time there was not enough water to cover the clothes. If you only have a small load of washing, you need to use Eco Cotton if you intend to use your dryer otherwise you either have to an extra spin on fast wash as the clothes are too wet to dry in a drier. Despite being able to adjust the water level, you are still ended up using quite a lot of water, as you need the water level to be high enough to cover the clothes
6) With the water level issues it is not a machine you can set and walk away as you have to keep coming back to check it has correctly done what it was programmed to do and is washing correctly.
7) DO NOT WASH DOONA'S DUVETS OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE. I believe this machine has a design fault, and when I washed one recently which was under the 9.5kg load for this machine. The doona floated up during the spin cycle and got caught somehow. The machine sounded like a car doing a burn out and was extremely loud. The machine melted the plastic top of the machine above the stainless steel bowl and there was a strong smell of burning, and there is no safety cut out designed into this machine if an item of clothing gets above the water level. This is a fire hazard and just not safe.

LG currently refused a warranty claim which is still in dispute and which I do not agree with. They claim if you wash sheets or doona's in this machine and they quote from the Washing Machine Manual that the items have to be in a bag or netting because the item may float up. Tell me where you can buy one of those? Also if you need to put an article of clothing into a bag, isn't that to protect the clothes and not the machine? If that's needed why are they not supplied with this machine on purchase or an option to purchase? Also if they have this instruction in the manual and say that an item "may float" then they are aware there is a design fault in this machine.

LG's service technician’s inspection of my machine in regards to the warranty claim was to lift the lid. That's it no other inspection. They then took pictures of the damage, attempted to accuse me of washing something that the machine was not designed for this is how they assessed my warranty claim from that inspection.

When LG were asked why this machine had no safety feature to stop the machine if an article of clothing goes above the water level, LG has no sensible answer. This machine is supposed to be an intelligent machine with SmartQ.

DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE!! I personally think it has a design fault and LG know this, FROM MY EXPERIENCE IT’S A FIRE HAZARD.

I would not recommend this machine to my worst enemy and I certainly would not ever consider another LG product especially after this experience and the attitude and treatment by LG.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

not impressed

Not overly impressed with this machine. The wash cycle takes forever. I have had multiple issues with the machine clogging up because of dog hair/fluff in the filter which took me forever to work out why the machine would simply turn itself off mid wash and full of water. Technicians were no help. I worked it out myself. Now I know I have to regularly pull plug out the back to remove any buildup which then fills the laundry with the water that is in the machine after the drain cycle. Not happy with the quality of the clothes that come out at the end of the cycle. I only have rain water which is put through filters so my water quality is excellent. I would much rather use an old twin tub than this shiny new expensive waste of money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Disappointing bit of junk

Negatives are just too numerous. VERY LONG wash cycles, no manual programming for shorter cycles. Power outage means one hell of a headache to resume/finish that cycle, twists and tangles everything throwing it out of balance and no safety out of balance stop. No soft close lid anymore just slams shut, very noisy and rattly.
Controls at front never have been a good idea on any appliance.
Never had an LG anything before this and an LG fridge bought at same time.(also crap) and will not ever have anything LG again.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Disappointed

I bought a LG top loader as my daughter had one for over ten years and it was brilliant. This machine regularly doesn’t allow hot water in. Repair man said it was because our hot water was too hot or pressure too great!! Suggested we purchase a hot water regulator

Date PurchasedDec 2017

This perfect for my big family

I put day to day clothes all fabric types, kids, hi vis work clothes
Easy to use, settings and functions, i use a variety of the options and cycles
Gentle on delicates
If i need to do a quick or longer cycle i have the option
I am pleased with the overall performance of the product

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Absolutely love this machine

We wanted this machine for quite a while before finally buying it. Its great - it cleans so very thoroughly and spins out very dry for a top loader. I love the clear lid - I can see whats going on and adjust as necessary. It almost never goes off balance like my old one and looks good as well

Date PurchasedOct 2017

FABULOUS MACHINE

Bought my washing machine based on the fact it has no agatater which allows for easy loading of clothes & less creasing on completion of wash . I have done a queen size Dooner in it with very good results . so happy I made this wise purchase ,& would recommend it to all my friends

Date PurchasedApr 2018

10 years and still going strong

I purchased an LG washing machine 10kg over 10 years ago and I have had no problems with it since. LG may generally be slightly more expensive than other brands, but in my opinion a wise choice, I used to be a fischer and paykel on all brands but having an LG clothes washer for so long with so many different settings although I only use one setting and just let it run. It runs for just under an hour and I find that it cleans my clothes, towels, blankets etc, sanitises and conditions them and spin dries them very well and when they are hung out to dry, dry in a very short span of time.
For convenience the large 10kb capacity allows me to simply load my machine with general everyday items of a weekly wash for 2 persons and the wash is done in just under an hour.
I have never washed my good clothes and delicates preferring to hand wash although there are several settings on my machine for this together with soaking. I just never trust machines to perform those tasks preferring to always hand wash since my very first washing machine, I think it was a singer wringer tub back in the 60's.
So Kudo's to LG for an amazing reliable washing machine.

Date PurchasedMay 2007

Ugh I love it!

After pulling out my hair with our Simpson for years I finally decided to try this machine and haven't looked back since. It is super easy to use and oh so quiet.
I think our clothes are finally getting a decent wash too. LG have a customer for life if it keeps going the way it is.

2 years to the day

we have had this machine for 2 years - not really happy with water use - HATE the fact it ties clothes up into knots - then the PUMP STOPS WORKING.....a few days of trying to problem solve, a few more trying to work through the LG support service....3 times now i have had to "Bail out" the drum of water i cant get out any other way - Buying a F&P - never again - feel bad for the environment that 2 years it is crap, but cant go any longer going to laundromat to get washing done!!!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Great top loader

We purchased this as I didn’t want a front loader and so far so good.

I find there is a lot of washing options which is great and it takes loads of clothes. The only thing I would say is that it is a touch louder than a front loader but only marginally.

So far very happy

Date PurchasedAug 2018

WTG7532W steep learning curve but a quiet great machine

We got the Direct Drive 7.5 top loader, it is very high tech so took us a few test loads to work how to get the optimal water level, but once we know the setting we're after it is much better than our previous top loader/front loader washing machines.
1 This clean and rinse well. you have to choose wash at least 10 minutes if you have a big load.
2 we only got it around 2 month so can't tell if it wears out cloth
3 we live in a unit with laundry in the bathroom, and this machine is quiet enough (even in spin cycle) for us to sleep in the morning so Yes it is quiet. (when you pick washing machines at the store you can try to shake the drum, the support mechanism for this drum is very good so it is hard to move, which means the drum spins in the middle instead of hitting the side of the washer.
4. Don't have a favorite feature, just like the quietness of the washer :)

I got extended warranty at Bing Lee as well so i am all good.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

This is not a washing machine, it is a dirt machine

This machine is the worst ever. It leaves cloths more dirty than you put them in. Covered in lint, fluff and scrud. For which LG suggests your run a clean tub program of 3 hours every 10 washes or so. If only it worked/helped. It does not. And that is after LG replaced the motherboard as the machine before destroyed cloths by twisting them together and tearing them apart. The Worst Ever.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Not a fan of LG but this washer is good

We're not a fan of LG products but we bought this cloths washer because it was on sale and had a nice display panel. Loads of cloth options and also huge amount of room for super large baggy cloths or bed sheets and blankets or if like us you have a large family it takes a huge load.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Love it

I was a bit sceptical when I was about to purchase this as I just had a LG issue with a purchase - a different company prior to that. Now, I am loving it as I was previously using the old model of the same product which just got broken - have lasted for a long time though.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

An ok washing machine - if you like lint

This attractive looking machine stands proudly in the store with a great big stick on its front stating its fantastic for lint removal. Um, yeah not its not. Nicce to look at, reasonably quiet and has most cycles and features you'd expect from a washing machine designed for a big family. On the downside not only is it crap at removing lint with its monstrous size lint filters, but im starting to think it might actually have a secret lint making compartment. You'll never wear black again.

Date PurchasedNov 2017